Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? (29825 Views)

The Black Man: Unchained Lust And Its Wake Of Distruction / Why You Cant Succeed In This Life / Black Man Is Forced To Be Classified As White In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by UyiIredia(m): 7:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Jamean:

What was the insult for? Is that how you go about quoting posts that wasn't refered to you and speaking rudely to people? You have so much low self esteem in real life for you to behave this way on a social platform.

Well, it's your problem.

Not my problem. You insult your race you get if from me.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 7:47am On Sep 27, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Let's see it from another angle ,okay? Don't you guys think the fact that we have to descend so low and ask such a stupid question means that our rapists are the ones to blame? I mean if it wasn't for slavery , colonialism ,racism and white supremacy I doubt any of of you would ever ask such ? This is exactly what it is,the contact with europeans brought low self esteem among most Africans-blacks

Now why not react like the chinese, if you are under domination, you can always keep your way of life and language for a better future, I mean is it not shocking that of all the continents and countries which were raped by western imperialists ,African countries are still the only ones using the language of their masters ? Using their currencies for some? Praying their gods and following their religions?

Do you really think that the guys who stripped you of your pride will b the ones to give it back to you ?

So not only I wish to still come as an African -black but I also wish to come back during the scramble of Africa so that I can organize my people and kill as many western imperialists and missionaries as we can.

Btw it still baffles why the boxer reaction which happened in china did not happen in Africa, I heard of people of my ethnic group and clan beheading missionaries but they gave up so quickly to the point that not being a Christian is almost a taboo

For once you make sense. grin
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2014
laoma15: There is nothing wrong with being black. Its not the colour that matters but who you are as an individual. If you feel that a particular geographical region is not favorable to you, you can always migrate. The earth is the Lord and the fullbess thereof. The blacks have had their own share of being the world super power during the time of Nimrod. That was a black man who ruled the world. Blacks lost it due to idolatry.

Civilization started back in Africa. The cusites, the Egyptians, the Libyans, the Babylonians all were once people of black race.

Lovely comment,I respect ur take on this ,well I really don't knw wen n whr civilisation started from, but 1 tin is an undisputed FACT ..."WHITE MEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN SUCCESSFUL" ......in evry single tin dey do,technology,sports,business etc name it ,even the black men dat r successful has bn as a result of a white man's help ,I keep asking intelligent ppl ...WHY BLACkS ? We r d ones facing racism not asians, we r d one facing bigger poverty not indians etc .....I'm of the mentality that we r cursed for some reason we can't figure out ,yes we r all africans n pride n sense of belongn won't let us admit the truth ....God knows BEST
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 7:49am On Sep 27, 2014
bigfrancis21:

They are not having it any better, bro. You won't appreciate how lucky you are to be Nigerian or the qualities that, by virtue of the very fact that you were born and raised in Nigeria, you possess until you come here, US.

Don't believe this.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Lordfranklin(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2014
Bin ah black man na wetin ah cum meet,no be wetin i choose bt you know,if you no fit dodge wahala,na to face am o#AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Sarimah(f): 7:55am On Sep 27, 2014
Definitely
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Don't mind coming back a black man but with dual citizenship, eg, My dad should be an American Citizen while my Mum should be a Canadian Citizen

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by poju4zeal(m): 8:06am On Sep 27, 2014
Let just be honest to our self for once we will not.........
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by cecildeeva: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2014
YES ni,,,,,,,,,but as d first female president of d federal republic of Nigeria,so I can put those against d progress of diz great nation were dey reli belong.MAXIMUM PRISON.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2014
nathdim: I would love to come in black skin with a white man brain

A pethetic case of inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by elebua: 8:12am On Sep 27, 2014
I wasn't the one who determined my being a Nigerian or black in the first place. Hence, my fate of being black/ Nigerian is beyond my scope to determine or it is not mine to decide.
The argument itself seems unnecessary as I will certainly be a black and a Nigerian through my children. Our problem is not because we are black.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by miqos02(m): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2014
no
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Abasstoheeb(m): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2014
no
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Bunchersstab(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2014
khiaa:

This Is My Man!! cheesy cheesy
I'm so proud of you my love.

The whites :- wen they are angry/furious they bcome red, when they are ill they bcomes green, from a distance they are yellow,give them salt (sodium chloride) they will have black spots, give they pepper (spice) they might melt.
Are they really white or they seven rainbow colour

The blacks eats anything and bcomes stronger wat an irony.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by misshoree(f): 8:18am On Sep 27, 2014
Yeah ,sure.
AM proud am black
Am proud am a nigerian
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 27, 2014
No,because I like changing things,I change girlfriends,phone,food,clothes,I change mode of sex,so why can't I change my race when coming back.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2014
Bunchersstab:

The whites :- wen they are angry/furious they bcome red, when they are ill they bcomes green, from a distance they are yellow,give them salt (sodium chloride) they will have black spots, give they pepper (spice) they might melt.
Are they really white or they seven rainbow colour

The blacks eats anything and bcomes stronger wat an irony.

This is the truth, well said baby.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2014
dagbenga:
Lovely comment,I respect ur take on this ,well I really don't knw wen n whr civilisation started from, but 1 tin is an undisputed FACT ..."WHITE MEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN SUCCESSFUL" ......in evry single tin dey do,technology,sports,business etc name it ,even the black men dat r successful has bn as a result of a white man's help ,I keep asking intelligent ppl ...WHY BLACkS ? We r d ones facing racism not asians, we r d one facing bigger poverty not indians etc .....I'm of the mentality that we r cursed for some reason we can't figure out ,yes we r all africans n pride n sense of belongn won't let us admit the truth ....God knows BEST
seconded,I think there is something wrong somewhere but till when we see our own creator because sometimes I think we have our own creator aside,look at the issue of single cell anemia that usually affect only d black race,I stop here sha till when we see God and ask our 21 questions.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by yomi007k(m): 8:45am On Sep 27, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
You're "grateful" because some people in your tribe can perform a tribal dance? Is there any group of humans on earth who don't dance? Seems a rather trivial thing to be "grateful" about. A man from tiny Scotland may be proud that Scotland gave the world the first animal clone, the steam engine, the telephone, radio, the ATM machine, the refrigerator, the flush toilet, the bicycle, radar, penicillin, insulin, anaesthetics, the MRI, the X-ray and ultrasound scanners, the hypodermic syringe, logarithms, football, golf....and good, old, strong, world famous Scottish whisky. grin And your source of gratitude is the dancing ability of your women?

Okay then. Na you sabi, sha.
My broda u too much. That's just d way black ppl think, dey r so content wt mediocrity. If dey manage to earn 500 dollars a month, dey want to marry wives/ carry women. A man from another race wud think of solving problems in d society.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2014
Whites are nothing without "white privilege" & having everything handed to them on a silver platter just by being white.

Here is an example of losing privilege & perks from the govt in South Africa today.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2014
kaybee3: you are very funny bro! And I can understand you sha, but this a Nigeria forum and how many whites are here? You sounding more like it a personal beef with white forks. Bro there is nothing special been white or black it just a completion and nothing more. Who you are and what you're is within

If who you are is within, why would you want to be white instead of black?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Lordfranklin(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2014
Funny yhu!i pray it works out 4 yhu.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by xtervaganza(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2014
I smell lies here

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by yomi007k(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2014
dagbo: SURE............BUT NOT THIS NIGERIA...AS A COUNTRY
How abt Congo?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2014
chulla12: All of the pro-blacks and pan Africans have come out with their claws in tow.

I believe that there is something to be said about how quick we are to defend our own and I respect that because of our biological drive for self preservation. There is also a territorial aspect that comes with it too. We don't want to say or concede things that will make us vulnerable to our adversaries. Heck, a white, asian, or Australian aborigine is taught to say yes with respect to this kind of question.

I get it. I get it all.

That being said, my first post is my conclusion after weighing the pros and cons with respect to living my full potential in life. It doesn't come from a place of feeling inferior racially or by downing my heritage.

To clarify though - I'm not keen on being happy with my race or ethnicity because of so-called cultural achievements or cultural diversity either. I appreciate the diversity and achievement of the human race in general but I have recently decided to refrian from ethnicizing such because of underlying politics that begin to uproot from that.

So while black people have made cultural contributions to the world, I could care less. Ditto white people or asians. When these things are ethnicized our competitive and ugly, discriminating natures come out and it devolves to an interracial and intraracial battle (see NL bigots for instance) that I would rather avoid.

So, why do I say that I'd rather not reincarnate as Black? Logic! And a desire to maximize my chances of living long and living well.

1. On average, you are accorded more societal respect when you are not black, as opposed to being so. Institutionalized discrimination, police brutality, slavery in certain non-black countries, racial tensions, being judged in some of the worst ways until you prove yourself. Negative stereotypes that affect your sanity. Constantly devising racial conspiracy theories to explain our collective miseries. Given an opportunity to live a life devoid of these burdens, I will go for it...sorry bro.

2. In all-black countries, the metrics that measure standard of living and access to basic amenities paint a grim story. This is a hard core fact that cannot be explained away by lofty stories of African grandiosity. Most of us struggle to immigrate to countries where we are further exploited and discriminated because we want to escape poverty. The rest of us stay behind and have to deal with incompetencey, lower standards (compared to the rest of the world), disease, violence, corruption, militancy. Why deal with all these when, by virtue of my birthright, I can live comfortably as an indigene of the first world, making global contributions to lofty ideals such as science, space travel, singularity, and other innovations? Rather than thinking of old world struggles like emancipation or poverty alleviation?

Of course the next thing you will ask is what I have done to effect change towards the life I aspire to assuming I was another race. Well, I am an externalist and I believe that there is only so much one person can do. I cannot change our situation alone, and I don't even forsee a significant change overall for many centuries. I could choose to come back as a prominent black person but my depression at the racial collective will still weigh me down. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

So forgive my wanting to imbibe the finer experiences of life.

My thoughts on this biography are:
You don't have to be white to make those contributions to the world. It seems you have put mental chains on yourself. Yes, uneasy is the head that wears the crown, but who said that head belongs to the white man? There is another saying, *you can be and do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it* The white man life isn't a bed of roses, but to some the grass will always be greener on the other side.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by juwoonn(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2014
diablos:

Seems u really love to suffer. Or maybe it is in ur destiny undecided

Lol...
God forbid that for a destiny
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by kaybee3(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

well said, I wonder why they think it's always about inferiority complex. I wouldn't wanna be black - or maybe not Nigerian. Some other country/continent. I just wanna 'walk in their shoes'.
that's how I actually see this topic but seem the topic is very sensitive or people are to sensitive. Anyway if they don't reason with me I will see with them.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2014
ElNur1:

possibly, a whale.. I love its size..

My man..Can u speak fulani?
my mom is Fulani.. nd I cnt speak fulani..
tho I love their ladies. .
they are:

white
long nose
fully rounded
Beautiful
educated
love Agriculture (cattle rearing).
can cook very well..

How are Fulani women white?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2014
leonard509: NONSENSE QUESTION.
And u dropped a comment..Wich means u are part of d NONSENSE
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by khiaa(f): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2014
kaybee3: are you saying because they want to be white means they don't love been black? Or they are white washed because you wouldn't change your race or color don't mean other people won't? And that doesn't make them a lesser or un patriotic either

lol. isn't it obvious if they are black and want to be white they don't love their color. *Michael Jackson* cheesy
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by kaybee3(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2014
khiaa:
If who you are is within, why would you want to be white instead of black?
I said earlier that I just want be white or different country just to understand how it feel to be other race, maybe I should have said any other race apart from black so has to understand what's like to be other race and I won't want Nigeria as country too. After staying this again those this has anything to do with inferiority issue or how they leave? All I based my comment on initially was based on trying to feel how it is to be another' race.but if that's wrong then I can't help cos it just my opinion and no disrespect meant to anyone.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2014
dancok: seconded,I think there is something wrong somewhere but till when we see our own creator because sometimes I think we have our own creator aside,look at the issue of single cell anemia that usually affect only d black race,I stop here sha till when we see God and ask our 21 questions.
thank u ,dats just d issue ,infact it was even discussed in a church I attended "why blacks aint favoured" but at d end of it ......God knows best

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Ovie Richard Ogbon Celebrates 105th Birthday (Photos) / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.