Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah (6344 Views)

Ghana Suspends Sacking Of Nigerian Traders / 2million Nigerian Traders Sacked From Ghana Market / Zamfara State Gov Abdulaziz Yari Evicted From His Abuja Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
GHKWAME1: haahahaaa! and yet Nigerians say they control Ghana's economy? Thing is nigerians are title lovers, this is a country which prides in slogans(giant of Africa) and nothing to show for it. The fact that a Nigerian company is operating in another territory does not make it the game player in that sector, something many Nigerians who are achievers by association fail to realise.

Glo is not all over Africa

I like how you stylishly chose to point out Glo and not Dangote. I suspect it's because you are well aware, that Dangote does operate all over Africa.........lol

Glo, Dangote or any Nigerian bank, that has ventures in Ghana, does not rely on Ghana. Or are you suggesting that they do?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by mrham03(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

Even if they wont be happy, (because they already invested), the certainly won't cry. They don't make most of their money in Ghana.

You obviously think that these companies rely on the Gh market for the bulk if their profit, they dont.

That was my point.
did u hear the story of nigerians wanting chinese people out of their markets? If yes, whats your opinion about it?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrham03: did u hear the story of nigerians wanting chinese people out of their markets? If yes, whats your opinion about it?

The Chinese should stay and work alongside Nigerians. Competition is good. There are also Nigerians who are very active in markets in China, as well s other Africans.
In fact Chinese companies should be encouraged to set up factories in Nigeria and exchange expertise with Nigerians.

Chinese employers that mistreat employees should be dealt with though.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by mrham03(m): 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

The Chinese should stay and work alongide Nigerians. Competition is good. There are also Nigerians who are very active in markets in China.
In fact Chinese companies should be encouraged to set up factories in Nigeria and exchange expertise with Nigerians.

GREAT! Then both ghana and nigeria needs to ractify some laws. Dont u think so?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
youmour: The only reason Nigerian students storm ghana is because of the ease of admission,whereby u dont write jamb its not because ghana universities teach better or have better infrastructure,scrap jamb n see how many students will rush back to naija
THIS IS THE BEST POST OF THE THREAD. WHY? BECAUSE IT Proffers A SOLUTION. Scrap JAMB, build more Universities - my idea - and you will see Nigerian student rush back to the country.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by GHKWAME1: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

I like how you stylishly chose to point out Glo and not Dangote. I suspect it's because you are well aware, that Dangote does operate all over Africa.........lol

Glo, Dangote or any Nigerian bank, that has ventures in Ghana, does not rely on Ghana. Or are you suggesting that they do?
hmmm! first off, I was replying to your earlier post below, you were the one who threw in the "Glo all over Africa bit", you are guilty of association because you have never refuted baseless boastful fantasies about how Nigerians control the Ghanaian economy. Please Dangote as well as Glo not all over Africa, have you not heard about the formers troubles in Senegal? I know he is yet to establish a plant in Ghana as well as Kenya or Tanzania, but he will never be the game player in these countries because he will not be spoonfed(monopoly) like what pertains in Nigeria.

londoner:

Why would Dangote, Glo or Zenith cry? They just
have ventures/ branches in Ghana. They are all
over Africa and they don't even make most of
their money in Ghana, they make most of it in
Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
GHKWAME1: hmmm! first off, I was replying to your earlier post below, you were the one who threw in the "Glo all over Africa bit", you are guilty of association because you have never refuted baseless boastful fantasies about how Nigerians control the Ghanaian economy. Please Dangote as well as Glo not all over Africa, have you not heard about the formers troubles in Senegal? I know he is yet to establish a plant in Ghana as well as Kenya or Tanzania, but he will never be the game player in these countries because he will not be spoonfed(monopoly) like what pertains in Nigeria.

Really?Please cut and paste where I stated that GLO is all over Africa. Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by GHKWAME1: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

The Chinese should stay and work alongide Nigerians. Competition is good. There are also Nigerians who are very active in markets in China.

I see you also on the same page with Ghana's policy, the government wants industries, not hawkers from other countries.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrham03: GREAT! Then both ghana and nigeria needs to ractify some laws. Dont u think so?

In the long run, but I think at this time, reciprocity is the next move. Ghana does not look as though it wants to rectify laws, they are clear they want to keep certain things, like markets for "Ghanaians only".

If Ghana wants to protect its people, fine, but Nigeria should do the same.

Nigerians are in markets in China, so the Chinese should be in markets in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by GHKWAME1: 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

Really?Please cut and paste where I stated that GLO is all over Africa. Thanks in advance.
For the avoidance of doubt.
londoner:

Why would Dangote, Glo or Zenith cry? They just
have ventures/ branches in Ghana. They are all
over Africa
and they don't even make most of
their money in Ghana, they make most of it in
Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
GHKWAME1: I see you also on the same page with Ghana's policy, the government wants industries, not hawkers from other countries.

No, in addition to Chinese people being in markes alongside Nigerians. I clearly stated that.

Why should there not be Chinesemarket sellers in Nigeria? My thoughts on that are not the same as the GH policy, clearly.

The fact that you did not get the answer you were looking for, does not mean you should twist words.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by JiggamanGh: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

You do understand after nigeria they make most of their money in Ghana. The returns in Ghana is also more than Nigeria becauee of the ease of doing business.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
GHKWAME1:
For the avoidance of doubt.

So you only saw Glo, not Dangote and Zenith also?

Between these companies, they cover all over Africa, do they not? Except north Africa.

Your exact words were that they would "cry" if they are told to leave Ghana, they clearly wouldn't.

Ghana is not the beginnng and end for these companies.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by mrham03(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

In the long run, but I think at this time, reciprocity is the next move. Ghana does not look as though it wants to rectify laws, they are clear they want to keep certain things, like market for Ghanaians only.

If Ghana wants to protect its people, fine, but Nigeria should do the same.

Nigerans are in markets in China, so China should be in markets in Nigeria.

okay! But u know that the number of ghanaians in nigerian markets are not many ryt?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
JiggamanGh:

You do understand after nigeria they make most of their money in Ghana. The returns in Ghana is also more than Nigeria becauee of the ease of doing business.

Really......care to show me figures?

For example how much of Dangote's billions, does he make from Ghana?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrham03: okay! But u know that the number of ghanaians in nigerian markets are not many ryt?

I don't know how many, but I'm sure its not the same number. There are not many Chinese, Lebanese or Indian either.

There are other areas, that Nigerians are more visible. Student population, for example.That is why I said earlier, Nigeria needs to look at how they will stem the flow of students going to Ghana to study.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by JiggamanGh: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

Really......care to show me figures?

For example how much of Dangote's billions, does he make from Ghana?

Okay maybe u misunderstood me. I said after nigeria, Ghana is the next market where nigerian companies make tge most money and yes the returns in Ghana is higher than nigeria and one of the best in africa.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Okay maybe u misunderstood me. I said after nigeria, Ghana is the next market where nigerian companies make tge most money and yes the returns in Ghana is higher than nigeria and one of the best in africa.

We are talking about those specific companies. If the main of their profit is not made in Ghana, what will make them "cry" about being told to leave. These companies are ever expanding, so I don't see why anyone would think that.

I think you know, as much as I do, that those companies do not make most of their money from Ghana.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by 4chi: 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
MayorofLagos:

Correction!!!

You ought to know by now that this is a Ibo trademark....even here in Nigeria everyone know this.

Yes o ... Na dem dem , OP oya quickly amend the topic appropriately to read "Igbo traders evicted from Ghana".. My concern is that we are about to witness another round of nyamirin migration into Yoruba land. These Igbos will never go back to their cursed land.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by GHKWAME1: 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

So you only saw Glo, not Dangote and Zenith also?

Between these companies, they cover all over Africa, do they not? Except north Africa.

Your exact words were that they would "cry" if they are told to leave Ghana, they clearly wouldn't.

Ghana is not the beginnng and end for these companies.

Nigerians are title lovers, once again those two firms do not cover the whole of Africa.
Please cut and paste where I stated that Nigerian firms would "cry" if they are told to leave Ghana. Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by mrham03(m): 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

I don't know how many, but I'm sure its not the same number. There are not many Chinese, Lebanese or Indian either.

There are other areas, that Nigerians are more visible. Student population, for example.That is why I said earlier, Nigeria needs to look at how they will stem the flow of students going to Ghana to study.

hehehe so u dont ghana to get money from nigerians at all, then when u become nigerian president, ghana is dead oo.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by GHKWAME1: 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

We are talking about those specific companies. If the main of their profit is not made in Ghana, what will make them "cry" about being told to leave. These companies are ever expanding, so I don't see why anyone would think that.

I think you know, as much as I do, that those companies do not make most of their money from Ghana.
and yet we are told they command the Ghanaian economy huh?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by JiggamanGh: 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

They will be disappointed and it will hurt their pocket because every company wants to expand and add on to their customer which in turn means more profit. Business dont want to loose evena single customer let alone 24 million customers. Ghana is their second biggest market after nigeria. Plus the ease of doing business makes Ghana an attractive destination which ghey dont want to loose.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrham03: hehehe so u dont ghana to get money from nigerians at all, then when u become nigerian president, ghana is dead oo.

To be honest, there should be reciprocity. If Ghana can say they want Ghana only ventures, I think it is ok for Nigeria to do the same, in areas it feels it too may be losing out. That goes for any country, not specifically Ghana.

If I become Nigerian president, I will focus on Nigeria, I will focus on making Nigeria, such a country that Nigerians don't have to go abroad to study, be it Ghana, US or UK....period.

It is actually the fault of Nigeria, that students are looking to Ghana for schooling. It is as a result of a failing on Nigeria's part, as I see it.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by mrham03(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

To be honest, there should be reciprocity. If Ghana can say they want Ghana only ventures, I think it is ok for Nigeria to do the same in areas it feels it too may be losing out.

If I become Nigerian president, I will focus on Nigeria, I will focus on making Nigeria, such a country that Nigerians don't have to go abroad to study, be it Ghana, US or UK....period.

It is actually the fault of Nigeria, that students are looking to Ghana for schooling. It is as a result of a failing on Nigeria's part, as I see it.

what if there are other important sectors to be addressed, will u still sacrifice them for the educational sector?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
JiggamanGh:

They will be disappointed and it will hurt their pocket because every company wants to expand and add on to their customer which in turn means more profit. Business dont want to loose evena single customer let alone 24 million customers. Ghana is their second biggest market after nigeria. Plus the ease of doing business makes Ghana an attractive destination which ghey dont want to loose.

Well, they are expanding into other countries in Africa and beyond. We are not just taking about West Africa in the case of Dangote., or even Africa.

I'm not sayng companies want to lose customers, but in the scheme of things the loss of Ghana wil not hurt the Dangote Group to the point of crying. I'm sure Ghana does not want to lose Dangote either.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrham03: what if there are other important sectors to be addressed, will u still sacrifice them for the educational sector?

What other sectors would have to be sacrificed? The education sector is important to the future of any nation. Of course any society is made up of many sectors, but some actually feed others.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by GHKWAME1: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
@londoner, Please i am still waiting for you to cut and paste where I stated that Nigerian firms would "cry" if they are told to leave Ghana. Please do the needful if you are unable to do same.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by mrham03(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

What other sectors would have to be sacrificed? The education sector is important to the future of any nation. Of course any society is made up of many sectors, but some actually feed others.
so u are very sure that this could be achieved? Nigerian population is high, will u be able to provide quality education for all?
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrham03: so u are very sure that this could be achieved? Nigerian population is high, will u be able to provide quality education for all?

We should start. It is not a lack of schools which caused the trend. Its the constant strikes, poor facilties,lack of investment in good teachers and training, electricity issues and cultures that were allowed to flourish on campuses.

If those are decisively addressed, then that would go a very long way.

I would not be opposed to Ghanaian universities even setting campuses in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by londoner: 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrham03: lol, let him try it and u will see who will loose more. Do u know the number of nigerians doing biz over here? Dangoate, glo, zenith bank. u let him try and see who will cry at last.

@GHKWAME, my initial reply was in fact to mrham, who mentioned Dangote, glo and Zenith bank "crying at last". You posted to me, based on my post to mrham, it seems.
Re: Nigerian Traders Evicted Fom Ghanah by mrham03(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
londoner:

We should start. It is not a lack of schools which caused the trend. Its the constant strikes, poor facilties,lack of investment in good teachers and training, electricity issues and cultures that were allowed to flourish on campuses.

If those are decisively addressed, then that would go a very long way.

I would not be opposed to Ghanaian universities even setting campuses in Nigeria.
wow, great ideas but these may take more than 5 years to achieve, let say u lose an election and u are out of office. Are u sure other governments will continue your plans?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unveiling Our Next Charming, Brainy, Courageous 1st Lady Come May 29th 2015 / Abaribe: Senate May Not Reconsider Gender Bills / Northerners Blast Tinubu For Renting Almajiiri With N500 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.