Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

The Prophet Of Allah - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prophet Of Allah (7686 Views)

Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. / Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by debraleey: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2014
BlackStallion: Asalaam Aleikum.
O Allah Al-Muntaqim, avenge your desecrated honour,
O Allah Ad-Darr, raise up your hand of destruction upon those who blaspheme,
O Allah Al-Matin, force your words down the throats of those who fail to listen,
O Allah Al-Mudhill, shame those who ridicule you,
O Allah Al-Qahhar, subdue the spirits of those who question you,
O Allah Al-Mujib, hear my prayer this day,
O Allah Al-Mumit, do that which is needful, to those who torment your children.
AMIN
[size=16pt]Allahu Akbar!!! Allahu Akbar!!!! Allahu Akbar!!!!!![/size]

Sorry but i thought Allah according to Islam has no children.......i come in peace without any bad intentions so pls if u quote me be mindful of ur words......thnx.
Shalom!
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2014
debraleey:

Sorry but i thought Allah according to Islam has no children.......i come in peace without any bad intentions so pls if u quote me be mindful of ur words......thnx.
Shalom!
There is no need to fear my words, instead speak unto me as you would a brother, for long since has the veil been lifted off my eyes. Now I see the truth, that Jesus Christ is Lord.....
BlackStallion:

This man speaks the truth, I see it now. We must accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and saviour. Come my brothers in islam, together let us turn away from our sins and live a new life in Christ. Long have I resisted this simple truth, that Jesus of Nazareth truly is the son of God. Come my brothers, together let us accept Jesus as our personal Lord and saviour, he is the way, the truth and the light. All who come to him are saved.....

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Empiree:
What's wrong is the whole idea of non Muslims and perhaps, some Muslims saying prophet Muhammad(s) is the founder of Islam. That's just not correct. Islam has always been around since beginning of time. Islam came with Prophet Adam(as). Made permanent by Prophet Ibrahim(s). Perfected by Prophet Muhammad(saw). Two References Confirm This: Sura Hajj v 78 And Sura Maida v 3. It's God who chose for mankind, Islam.
Jazakallahu Khayran Op.

Mallam empiree, you havnt said anythin as far as ur post above is concernd. Islam is a word in arabic language dat means peace; dis word has nothin to do wit religion because arabic language predates d alleged revelation of d prophet muhd. Thus, jst because d word 'peace' is mentioned as an ordinary word in arabic language doesnt mean it is d religion dt is being made referenced too.
Prohet muhd intentnally used a virtue as a name of his religion to confuse gullible people like. So nw, d moment arabic lang. speakers mention d ordinary word 'peace' in their sentence, u lots will conclude they are referring to ur religion (forgetting dat islam/peace is a simple spoken word in arabic lang.).
So islam as a word has existed ever since arabic lang. was formed, while islam as a religion only began wit Proph. Muhd.'s revelation; thats y the kalmar shahada (La illa a'illah, Muhammadu ra sulillah) is what makes a muslim.

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2014
limamintruth:

Mallam empiree, you havnt said anythin as far as ur post above is concernd. Islam is a word in arabic language dat means peace; dis word has nothin to do wit religion because arabic language predates d alleged revelation of d prophet muhd. Thus, jst because d word 'peace' is mentioned as an ordinary word in arabic language doesnt mean it is d religion dt is being made referenced too.
Prohet muhd intentnally used a virtue as a name of his religion to confuse gullible people like. So nw, d moment arabic lang. speakers mention d ordinary word 'peace' in their sentence, u lots will conclude they are referring to ur religion (forgetting dat islam/peace is a simple spoken word in arabic lang.).
So islam as a word has existed ever since arabic lang. was formed, while islam as a religion only began wit Proph. Muhd.'s revelation; thats y the kalmar shahada (La illa a'illah, Muhammadu ra sulillah) is what makes a muslim.
Nice try pal. "Islam is religion of Peace". The phrase is just literal meaning. Yes, the word Islam derives from Salam (peace). Islam however is a religion. Definition of Islam is total submission to the will of Allah(God). To submit is to obey. To obey is to be Muslim. Therefore, after Adam (as) was sent down to earth, Allah instructed him to obey (i:e submit) Him ->God. That is called Islam. Now the way Adam practiced 'Islam' might be different. I am sure Adam(as) did not pray 5 daily prayer but he offered prayer devoted to God Alone. Praying to God Alone is called tawheed ->pure religion->Hanifa-->monotheism->submission->Islam

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 11:31am On Oct 04, 2014
limamintruth:

Nice try pal. "Islam is religion of Peace". The phrase is just literal meaning. The word 'Islam' derived from Salam (peace). Islam however is a religion. Definition of Islam is total submission to the will of Allah(God). To submit is to obey. To obey is to be Muslim. Therefore, after Adam (as) was sent down to earth, Allah instructed him to obey (i:e submit) Him ->God. That is called Islam. The way Adam practiced 'Islam' might be different. I am sure Adam(as) did not pray 5 daily prayer but he offered prayer devoted to God Alone. Praying to God Alone is called tawheed ->pure religion->Hanifa-->monotheism->submission->Islam. Key point here is monotheism which was ordained on all prophets and messangers of Allah

In the time of Abraham, it was called 'Hanifa' (i:e monotheism). Allah says in the Quran (translation of the meaning):
مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيّاً وَلاَ نَصْرَانِيّاً وَلَكِن كَانَ حَنِيفاً مُّسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
3.67. Abraham was not a Jew, nor a Christian; but he was one pure of faith and Muslim (who submitted to God with a sound heart). He was never of those who associate partners with God..

Pay close attention to highlighted Arabic bold 'Hanifan Muslim' i:e pure religion, someone who submitted himself (to God) as muslim. Islam
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Blackfire(m): 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
MightySparrow:

So Quran is a divine fraud?

no fraud divine
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Weah96: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
malvisguy212:
i no longer dwell in the adamic nature, christ dwell in me the hope of glory, my name is moses i can now be called moses christ.

Maybe your name is Moses in real life. Hahaha. Or you're smoking on some good good.

I'm Yeshua Barnabas myself. It was a pleasure to meet you Mr. Christ.
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Weah96: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
Empiree:
Nice try pal. "Islam is religion of Peace". The phrase is just literal meaning. The word 'Islam' derived from Salam (peace). Islam however is a religion. Definition of Islam is total submission to the will of Allah(God). To submit is to obey. To obey is to be Muslim. Therefore, after Adam (as) was sent down to earth, Allah instructed him to obey (i:e submit) Him ->God. That is called Islam. The way Adam practiced 'Islam' might be different. I am sure Adam(as) did not pray 5 daily prayer but he offered prayer devoted to God Alone. Praying to God Alone is called tawheed ->pure religion->Hanifa-->monotheism->submission->Islam. Key point here is monotheism which was ordained on all prophets and messangers of Allah

In the time of Abraham, it was called 'Hanifa' (i:e monotheism). Allah says in the Quran (translation of the meaning):
مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيّاً وَلاَ نَصْرَانِيّاً وَلَكِن كَانَ حَنِيفاً مُّسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
3.67. Abraham was not a Jew, nor a Christian; but he was one pure of faith and Muslim (who submitted to God with a sound heart). He was never of those who associate partners with God..

Pay close attention to highlighted Arabic bold 'Hanifan Muslim' i:e pure religion, someone who submitted himself (to God) as muslim. Islam

Say I wanted to convert to the beautiful Islamic faith, how can I make sure that it's not really just an international gang in disguise?

How can you show me that Allah is a real person?

I know you won't expect me to simply believe your words. That's how people end up as Christians.
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
Empiree:

lol. So the word 'submission' refers to d religion of islam alone right? Well done @empiree bt ur explanatn isnt still good enof i must say.
Abraham myt nt hav been a Jew (by tribe) but he believed in God Almighty(God the Father) & always obeyed God's divine word & instructns(Jesus christ). Note dat d divine word of God & God are one and d same (John 1:1). So i'l leave this small clue for u to ponder on & discover for urself what Abraham's true faith/religion was while he was alive.
Also the last time i checkd, christianity & judaism are both monotheist faiths; there4, speculating dat Abraham was muslim simply because he believe in one God is, to say d least, laughable & a very dumb excuse of a reason to give.
Mind you, i could also say dat wherever God's word is mentioned in ur Quran refers to Jesus christ alone because He is Kalmatullah. (No one is referd to as such bt Him alone).
So wit all due respect @empiree, u havnt made any real point still. Thanx & happy eid to u.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
Empiree:
Good question. What they fail to realize is, those prophets you mentioned are sources of guidance in their times like Jesus in his time, his people must accept him as savior. Those people before Jesus must accept them to go to heaven. Same applies to Prophet Muhammad(saw). Since there is and will be no prophet or messanger after prophet Muhammad, we (mankind since the time of Muhammad till end of the world MUST ACCEPT AND FOLLOW PROPHET MUHAMMAD (saw).

Hmm, this is getting more interesting; lol.
So u wanna tell me dat u are to accept & follow prophet muhammad and not God directly?
It amazes me why anyone would want to be a follower of a mortal and not a follower of the Almighty God? The mortal is dead, so, why should a reasonable human being want to follow the dead and not a living entity who cannot & will never die??
Pls @empiree, try and alwys digest & reread ur write-ups b4 posting so dat u wont end up confusing odas d more.
If really u know what u are doing, u should be striving to gain more followers for God alone and not for ur prophet muhd because we all are answerable to God alone and there is no perfect human mortal being; only perfect heavenly beings/entities. Thankyou.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 12:27am On Oct 05, 2014
Empiree:
Read My responses In Blue

No offense. I would like to offer you the opportunity to read a presentation directly from this website:
www.WhatsIslam.com

And while you are reading, notice that the word "Islam" is explained both as a verb and as a noun. The reason for this is to help the non-Muslims understand that "Islam" has always been there for all of the people since the time of Adam, peace be upon him. This is in the form of the verb, "Islam." Anyone who "Islams" is therefore, a "Muslim." As regards what the prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) brought this is clearly the noun form of the same word, "Islam." Yet, at the same time we still can understand it as a verb.

And while you are reading, notice that the word "Islam" is explained both as a verb and as a noun. The reason for this is to help the non-Muslims understand that "Islam" has always been there for all of the people since the time of Adam, peace be upon him. This is in the form of the verb, "Islam." Anyone who "Islams" is therefore, a "Muslim."
As regards what the prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) brought this is clearly the noun form of the same word, "Islam." Yet, at the same time we still can understand it as a verb.

The religion of the people who came after their prophets always became named by them in ways that they could divide up themselves and distinguish themselves from other groups. The Muslims have tried to do the same thing even today. The idea of dividing up into different groups is something that Allah forbid us to do in the Quran and it is something that the devil loves to see us do.

Now let me make my point perfectly clear: ISLAM is the Way of all of the prophets from the first (Adam, peace be upon him) to Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him). They all called the people to submit their free choice that Allah had given them to the Will of Allah. That is what "Islam" is really all about.

When the people begin to corrupt and change the message, they give some name to it that makes it distinct for them. Usually they chose a noun such as a person, place or thing. The examples are many, but let me mention the Hindus, from the nation of Hind, the Jews from the tribe of Judah, the Christians from The Christ, the Buddhists from the name of their Buddha. All of these are "nouns" right? So that is where they took the names.

Islam is from Allah, The Creator and Sustainer of all that exists. As such, it is for Him Alone to command and direct His creation and He Alone is responsible for what He will accept and what He will not accept. It is also for Him Alone to decree what is good and what is bad and He must be the One to show the right path in all things.

Everything in the life of the creations of Allah, especially for those who have choices to make (us), must be dictated and clarified by the One who Created everything in the fist place. We understand from this that Islam must be a complete and total way of living, explaining everything in the life from beginning to end and from birth until death.

Islam is careful to remind us that it not a religion to be paid mere lip service; rather it is an all-encompassing way of life that must be practiced continuously for it to be Islam.

There are other injunctions and commandments which concern virtually all facets of one's personal, family and civic life. These include such matters as diet, clothing, personal hygiene, interpersonal relations, business ethics, responsibilities towards parents, spouse and children, marriage, divorce and inheritance, civil and criminal law, fighting in defense of Islam, relations with non-Muslims, and so much more.

In conclusion, we are forced to realize that ISLAM is a complete way of life for the human being. Everything is covered in Islam from birth to death to live in the complete submission to the Will of the One Who Created man in the first place.

Sheikh Yusuf Estes
http://www.justaskislam.com/22/did-islam-exist-before-muhammad-peace-blessings-be-upon-him/

You are free to ask questions on this if you are not yet cleared.

Well, islam refers to every believer of old as a prophet unlike christianity. Thus, i wont be wrong to say that d 'prophet' title has been greatly abused in islam.
Christianity recognises d fact that not evry believer can carry d responsibility of prophethood; as such, God ascribed diff. responsibilties to every individual believer of old (as can be seen in d Holy bible).
Lets look at David for instance: David was a shepherd, a brave soldier, a family man and a king. The Holy bible describes him as he truly was. He had many wives, he made terrible mistakes sometimes as human e.t.c. But he was never a prophet of God.
The biblical prophets were servants of God who had passion for nothing but d word of God alone. They are people who dedicated their entire life to serving God and shunned all wordly pleasures such as women, power, riches e.t.c. They lived humble & Godly lives and faced so much persecutn because of their faith in God. Their primary responsibilty was preaching the word of God without fear, warning the people of God abt impending disasters, informing the people of future events/things to come(i.e had d gift of prophecy & much more. Simply put, they were messengers of God to His people. These are people who diligently served God without faltering e.g prophet Elisha. And they all existd b4 d coming of christ Jesus to earth.
Now tell me if the likes of King David & King Solomon fit into d aforesaid descriptn pls.? Hwever, David & Solomon are very much respected and honoured in the bible too because God used them mightily in oda diff. ways to d glory of His name & they acknowledged Him as God. Thus we have alot of positive things to learn frm them too.
So @empiree, prophethood isnt a title for evrybody, bt for a special few chosen by God for that purpose. The prophets of God never gathered followers for themselves, bt strived to win followers for God thru non-violent means.

5 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 4:31am On Oct 05, 2014
limamintruth:

Well, islam refers to every believer of old as a prophet unlike christianity. Thus, i wont be wrong to say that d 'prophet' title has been greatly abused in islam.
Christianity recognises d fact that not evry believer can carry d responsibility of prophethood; as such, God ascribed diff. responsibilties to every individual believer of old (as can be seen in d Holy bible).
Lets look at David for instance: David was a shepherd, a brave soldier, a family man and a king. The Holy bible describes him as he truly was. He had many wives, he made terrible mistakes sometimes as human e.t.c. But he was never a prophet of God.
The biblical prophets were servants of God who had passion for nothing but d word of God alone. They are people who dedicated their entire life to serving God and shunned all wordly pleasures such as women, power, riches e.t.c. They lived humble & Godly lives and faced so much persecutn because of their faith in God. Their primary responsibilty was preaching the word of God without fear, warning the people of God abt impending disasters, informing the people of future events/things to come(i.e had d gift of prophecy & much more. Simply put, they were messengers of God to His people. These are people who diligently served God without faltering e.g prophet Elisha. And they all existd b4 d coming of christ Jesus to earth.
Now tell me if the likes of King David & King Solomon fit into d aforesaid descriptn pls.? Hwever, David & Solomon are very much respected and honoured in the bible too because God used them mightily in oda diff. ways to d glory of His name & they acknowledged Him as God. Thus we have alot of positive things to learn frm them too.
So @empiree, prophethood isnt a title for evrybody, bt for a special few chosen by God for that purpose. The prophets of God never gathered followers for themselves, bt strived to win followers for God thru non-violent means.
Christianity keeps getting magnificently ridiculous by day. Blasphemies and attributed falsehood against prophets of Allah. Becareful what you say. Really smell lots of confusion in your post. Good luck pal.

So limamintruth, what is the fate of Nabi Daud and Nabi Sulaimon (God's peace and blessing be upon them) in afterlife according to the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by malvisguy212: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2014
Empiree:
Christianity keeps getting magnificently ridiculous by day. Blasphemies and attributed falsehood against prophets of Allah. Becareful what you say. Really smell lots of confusion in your post. Good luck pal.

So limamintruth, what is the fate of Nabi Daud and Nabi Sulaimon (God's peace and blessing be upon them) in afterlife according to the Bible?
david was a man after God heart ,but because his hands is full with blood stain, God forbid him to buld the temple instead solomon is son buld it,david even send his soldier to war for him to die so that he can marry his wife, david is not a prophet he is a leader. Samuel was the one that anointe him, samuel is a prophet but david is'nt.solomon is not a prophet, he was carried away by worldly plassure, marry hundreds of wife and having to many cuncubine, prophet dont do like this.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
Empiree:

Sorry i was in church while u were posting.
So what are these alleged blasphemies u are referring to @empiree? It seems u dont have anything smart to say anymore.

God is the only decision maker of man's fate both b4 & after death. Judgement is His to decide, not mine. So ur question is very wrong as it is. I'l advise u to present that question of urs to God Almighty in prayers if u really want to know how David & Solomon will be judged by Him.

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
@limamintruth malvisguy212Blackfire

Clearly you guys have no idea what you talking about but it is not your fault. You only read what you know of from the Bible. Perhaps, you haven't ask yourself critical question 'why would high profile kings like David and Solomon beloved by God, endowed with wisdom would commit "grave mistakes", crimes etc according to your Bible?. Can't you see that someone or group of people have re-wrote your Bible with these confusion and blasphemies you exhibit on NL?. Bible trashes these great servants of Allah while Quran praises them. Well, according to Quran, Prophet Dawood and Sulaimon are granted paradise. It's never too late to open your eyes to reality.

We can perhaps see moral differences between Quran and Bible on this issue. Allah praises all His noble prophets in the Quran. Both Prophets Dawood and Sulaimon (Allah's Peace And Blessing Be Upon Them) are great, they were prophets and kings, they were obedient servants of Allah Most High. And their souls are in Paradise. Becareful what you wish for @ limamintruth malvisguy212 Blackfire.
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Prophet Dawood and Sulaiman

Dawood (alayhis salam) and his son, Sulaiman (alayhis salam) were not only prophets, but also kings of the people of Israel. They were both known for their strength, wisdom, judgement, and devotion to Allah.

Before Dawood (alayhis salam) became king, Talut (Saul) was the king of Israel. When he set out with his army to fight Jalut (Goliath) and his forces, he tested his soldiers by telling them not to drink from a river which they were crossing. Only a small sip of water out of the hand was allowed. But only a very few men passed the test. With that small band of obedient soldiers, Talut prepared to meet the larger and stronger army of Jalut. The men put their faith in Allah, knowing that size and numbers were no match for a steadfast faith in the power of Allah. Dawood , who was a very young man in Talut’s army, killed Jalut. After that, Jalut’s army fell apart, and the small band of Israelites was victorious.

Dawood (alayhis salam) , besides being brave and wise, was known for his wonderful voice, which he used to sing the praises of Allah. When he sang, the mountains and valleys and all of nature seemed to join in. It was to him that the holy book, Zabur, was given by Allah. It is a book of songs praising Allah.

Allah also showed Dawood (alayhis salam) the art of making iron, so that he was able to make suits of armor to protect his soldiers.

The prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم used to say, according to the traditions of Sahih al-Bukhari (Vol. 4: 631), that the most beloved fasting to Allah was that of Dawood (alayhis salam), who used to fast on alternate days. And the most beloved prayer was that of Dawood (alayhis salam). He would sleep the first half of the night; then he would pray for one-third of the night, before going back to sleep for the remaining one-sixth of the night.

Dawood (alayhis salam) was a wise and just judge of disputes which arose in his kingdom, but his son Prophet Sulaiman (alayhis salam) surpassed him in the ability to provide a fair judgement.

In one tradition (Bukhari, Vol.4; 637), there were two women, each of whom had a child. One child was stolen and devoured by a wolf. Each woman claimed that it was the other woman’s child who was taken. They brought the case to Dawood (alayhis salam) and he judged that the older woman should have the remaining child. Then they went to Prophet Sulaiman (alayhis salam). He called for a knife, so that he could cut the child in half and give half to each woman. But the younger woman, who could not bear to see her child cut in half, cried out that the child belonged to the other woman. Prophet Sulaiman (alayhis salam) then gave the child to the younger woman.

In another story, referred to in the Quran (21: 78) a man’s flock of sheep strayed into a farmer’s field at night, destroying the crops that had been growing there. The case was brought before Dawood (alayhis salam), who awarded the flock of sheep to the farmer as restitution for damages. But Prophet Sulaiman (alayhis salam) suggested another solution, which would repay the farmer without ruining the herdsman. Prophet Sulaiman ruled that the farmer would keep the sheep and use their milk and wool, until the herdsman had restored the damaged field to its original condition. When that had been done, the flock would be returned to the herdsman.

Both Dawood (alayhis salam) and Sulaiman (alayhis salam), although powerful and rich, never ceased to acknowledge that all their gifts were from Allah. They remained obedient to Allah and used their power to follow Allah’s will.

You can read about Dawood (alayhis salam) and Sulaiman (alayhis salam) in the Quran 2:249-251; 21: 78-82; 34: 10-14; 38: 17-26, 30-40.
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
These are few verses of Quran where Allah narrates and praises these noble prophets and kings.

Surah 2:249-251
"And when Saul went forth with the soldiers, he said, "Indeed, Allah will be testing you with a river. So whoever drinks from it is not of me, and whoever does not taste it is indeed of me, excepting one who takes [from it] in the hollow of his hand." But they drank from it, except a [very] few of them. Then when he had crossed it along with those who believed with him, they said, "There is no power for us today against Goliath and his soldiers." But those who were certain that they would meet Allah said, "How many a small company has overcome a large company by permission of Allah . And Allah is with the patient."

"And when they went forth to [face] Goliath and his soldiers, they said, "Our Lord, pour upon us patience and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

"So they defeated them by permission of Allah , and David killed Goliath, and Allah gave him the kingship and prophethood and taught him from that which He willed. And if it were not for Allah checking [some] people by means of others, the earth would have been corrupted, but Allah is full of bounty to the worlds."

Surah 2:252
"These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you, [O Muhammad], in truth. And indeed, you are from among the messengers.
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
Surah 21 vs 78-82

"And [mention] David and Solomon, when they judged concerning the field - when the sheep of a people overran it [at night], and We were witness to their judgement."

"And We gave understanding of the case to Solomon, and to each [of them] We gave judgement and knowledge. And We subjected the mountains to exalt [Us], along with David and [also] the birds. And We were doing [that]."

"And We taught him the fashioning of coats of armor to protect you from your [enemy in] battle. So will you then be grateful?"

"And to Solomon [We subjected] the wind, blowing forcefully, proceeding by his command toward the land which We had blessed. And We are ever, of all things, Knowing."

"And of the devils were those who dived for him and did work other than that. And We were of them a guardian."
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
Surah 34: 10-14 ...

"And We certainly gave David from Us bounty. [We said], "O mountains, repeat [Our] praises with him, and the birds [as well]." And We made pliable for him iron,"

"[Commanding him], "Make full coats of mail and calculate [precisely] the links, and work [all of you] righteousness. Indeed I, of what you do, am Seeing."

"And to Solomon [We subjected] the wind - its morning [journey was that of] a month - and its afternoon [journey was that of] a month, and We made flow for him a spring of [liquid] copper. And among the jinn were those who worked for him by the permission of his Lord. And whoever deviated among them from Our command - We will make him taste of the punishment of the Blaze."

"They made for him what he willed of elevated chambers, statues, bowls like reservoirs, and stationary kettles. [We said], "Work, O family of David, in gratitude." And few of My servants are grateful."

"And when We decreed for Solomon death, nothing indicated to the jinn his death except a creature of the earth eating his staff. But when he fell, it became clear to the jinn that if they had known the unseen, they would not have remained in humiliating punishment."
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
Surah 38: 17-26

"Be patient over what they say and remember Our servant, David, the possessor of strength; indeed, he was one who repeatedly turned back [to Allah ]."

"Indeed, We subjected the mountains [to praise] with him, exalting [ Allah ] in the [late] afternoon and [after] sunrise."

"And the birds were assembled, all with him repeating [praises]."

"And We strengthened his kingdom and gave him wisdom and discernment in speech."

"And has there come to you the news of the adversaries, when they climbed over the wall of [his] prayer chamber -"

"When they entered upon David and he was alarmed by them? They said, "Fear not. [We are] two adversaries, one of whom has wronged the other, so judge between us with truth and do not exceed [it] and guide us to the sound path."

"Indeed this, my brother, has ninety-nine ewes, and I have one ewe; so he said, 'Entrust her to me,' and he overpowered me in speech."

"[David] said, "He has certainly wronged you in demanding your ewe [in addition] to his ewes. And indeed, many associates oppress one another, except for those who believe and do righteous deeds - and few are they." And David became certain that We had tried him, and he asked forgiveness of his Lord and fell down bowing [in prostration] and turned in repentance [to Allah ]."

"So We forgave him that; and indeed, for him is nearness to Us and a good place of return."

"[We said], "O David, indeed We have made you a successor upon the earth, so judge between the people in truth and do not follow [your own] desire, as it will lead you astray from the way of Allah ." Indeed, those who go astray from the way of Allah will have a severe punishment for having forgotten the Day of Account."
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
Surah 38: 30-40

"And to David We gave Solomon. An excellent servant, indeed he was one repeatedly turning back [to Allah ]."

"[Mention] when there were exhibited before him in the afternoon the poised [standing] racehorses."

"And he said, "Indeed, I gave preference to the love of good [things] over the remembrance of my Lord until the sun disappeared into the curtain [of darkness]."

"[He said], "Return them to me," and set about striking [their] legs and necks."

"And We certainly tried Solomon and placed on his throne a body; then he returned."

"He said, "My Lord, forgive me and grant me a kingdom such as will not belong to anyone after me. Indeed, You are the Bestower."

"So We subjected to him the wind blowing by his command, gently, wherever he directed,"

"And [also] the devils [of jinn] - every builder and diver"

"And others bound together in shackles."

"[We said], "This is Our gift, so grant or withhold without account."

"And indeed, for him is nearness to Us and a good place of return."
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
See how Quran praises these noble prophets of God. Quran says God made them prophets and kings, '''that God Almighty chose them (in their times),
'''that they are obedient servants,
'''that they are quick to remembrance of God etc.

Death of Nabi Sulaimon has nothing to do with his so called sins and grave mistakes according to limamintruth. That's pure misconception. You better be careful what you say. Go back to your bible and think before exhibiting and attributing falsehoods against God's prophets and messangers.

These two prophets and kings established Kilafah (Islamic Caliphate) in Jerusalem. Their States and leaderships recognized God as Supreme Authority. They permit what God permits. They forbid what God forbids. These module of States was truly Islamic state. Unlike the impostor which rest her monopoly over Jerusalem right now. It doesn't recognize God as Supreme Authority. Rather, state is the supreme authority. This impostor state, which poised to resemble godliness in the eyes of Christians and Jews is indeed the opposite of Christ Jesus.

This same module of a State will return under the leadership, prophetic guidance and faith in God headed by Nabi Isa (Jesus) the son of Mary when he returns <- Allah's blessing be upon him.

All praises and thanks due to God Almighty. The Owner of the whole universe. May His peace and blessing be upon all His noble prophets and messangers particularly on the last of them all, the blessed prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessing be upon him).
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
Empiree:
See how Quran praises these noble prophets of God. Quran says God made them prophets and kings, '''that God Almighty chose them (in their times),

Death of Nabi Sulaimon has nothing to do with his so called sins and grave mistakes according to limamintruth. That's pure misconception. You better be careful what you say. Go back to your bible and think before exhibiting and attributing falsehoods against God's prophets and messangers.

All praises and thanks due to God Almighty. The Owner of the whole universe. May His peace and blessing be upon all His noble prophets and messangers particularly on the last of them all, the blessed prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessing be upon him).

;Dlolzzzzz
@Empiree, are u sure u properly read my initial posts b4 replying at all? Kindly go back and reread my last post properly pls.

No one condemned Kings David & Solomon; they were men who knew God & obeyed His instructions. However, they werent perfect; at such, there were times they made mistakes. And which ever way God choses to judge them is not for me to decide.

Christians RESPECT & HONOUR these biblical figures for the outstanding things they achieved as leaders and the virtues they exhibited in their lifetime (one of which is: King David was alwys quick in seeking God's forgiveness whenever he erred (as can be seen in 2 Samuel 12:1-17).

Nonetheless, King David & King Solomon are not Prophets pls. They were leaders/kings who knew God & worshipped Him. Note that not being prophets does not & will not stop them frm making heaven; so why then are u desperately trying to portray them as such?

And since you are being disrespectful towards the Holy Bible by alleging all sorts of theories that it has be tampered, may i remind u that ur hadiths did confirm that after d death of ur prophet muhd, there existed different versions of the Quran as memorised & compiled by different islamic scholars during that period; which prompted Caliph Uthman to establish what he termed 'the standard version' of Quran & that is what y'all muslims use now. So in essence, i wont be wrong if i say the present Quran is partly Caliphs Uthman's creation. So my dear frnd, u better remove the GIANT LOG OF WOOD IN UR OWN EYE FIRST B4 POINTING UR FINGER AT UR NEIGHBOR'S EYE.

In conclusion @empiree, David & Solomon were not prophets, but they were good men who served God in their positions as kings & leaders and we christian respect them n also learn alot frm them too. So all ur prophethood arguments are irrelevant n unnecessary since its not only prophets that wil make heaven & not being a prophet doesnt automatically mean one is a candidate of hell fire.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
Empiree:

These two prophets and kings establish Kilafah (Islamic Caliphate) in Jerusalem. Their States and leaderships recognized God as Supreme Authority. They permit what God permits. They forbid what God forbids. These module of States was truly Islamic state. Unlike the impostor which rest her monopoly over Jerusalem right now. It doesn't recognize God as Supreme Authority. Rather, state is the supreme authority. This impostor state, which poised to resemble godliness in the eyes of Christians and Jews is indeed the opposite of Christ Jesus.

This same module of a State will return under the leadership, prophetic guidance and faith in God headed by Nabi Isa (Jesus) the son of Mary when he returns <- Allah's blessing be upon him.

@empiree we cant compel not to believe all wot ur Quran tells u. Thus, u must not force ur Quranic views down our throats. It seems the Quran's annabi Daud & Suleiman are different frm the Holy Bible's Kings David & Solomon.

BTW nowhere in my previous posts did i write that David n Solomon died because of their sins, so its either u are reading imaginary things, or u jst want to create room for more arguments where none is needed. U are not even consistent wit ur silly points; smh.
A king is a king & a prophet is a prophet (two distinct personalities). Its obvious u dont hav any clue what prophethood entails; mtschwww.

3 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
limamintruth:

@empiree i wont blame u for ur beliefs in this respect because its obvious u ar only saying wot ur Quran tells u. Thus i wont be surprised sef, if the Quran's annabi Daud & Suleiman are different frm the Holy Bible's Kings David & Solomon.
So no need trying to force ur belief down our throats.

limamintruth
;Dlolzzzzz
@empiree, are u sure u properly read my initial posts b4 replying at all? Kindly go back and reread my last post properly pls.

No one condemned Kings David & Solomon; they were men who knew God & obeyed His instructions. However, they werent perfect; at such, there were times they made mistakes. And which ever way God choses to judge them is not for me to decide.

Christians RESPECT & HONOUR these biblical figures for the outstanding things they achieved as leaders and the virtues they exhibited in their lifetime (one of which is: King David was alwys quick in seeking God's forgiveness whenever he erred (as can be seen in 2 Samuel 12:1-17).

Nonetheless, King David & King Solomon are not Prophets pls. They were leaders/kings who knew God & worshipped Him. Note that not being prophets does not & will not stop them frm making heaven; so why then are u desperately trying to portray them as such?

And since you are being disrespectful towards the Holy Bible by alleging all sorts of theories that it has be tampered, may i remind u that ur hadiths did confirm that after d death of ur prophet muhd, there existed different versions of the Quran as memorised & compiled by different islamic scholars during that period; which prompted Caliph Uthman to establish what he termed 'the standard version' of Quran & that is what y'all muslims use now. So in essence, i wont be wrong if i say the present Quran is partly Caliphs Uthman's creation. So my dear frnd, u better remove the GIANT LOG OF WOOD IN UR OWN EYE FIRST B4 POINTING UR FINGER AT UR NEIGHBOR'S EYE.

In conclusion @empiree, David & Solomon were not prophets, but they were good men who served God in their positions as kings & leaders and we christian respect them n also learn alot frm them too. So all ur prophethood arguments are irrelevant n unnecessary since its not only prophets that wil make heaven & not being a prophet doesnt automatically mean one is a candidate of hell fire.

@bolds, stop being deceptive. Quran is talking about David and Solomon mentioned in the Bible(but which falsehoods have been attributed to). After you realize you are losing you start making irrelevant excuses shocked

No one is forcing anything down your throw. Another easy way out after finding out you are losing shocked

After you realize that you losing, you begin to stray from David and Solomon issues. Leave Hadith out of this. You have no knowledge of that. Just conjecture.

That Prophets David and Solomon are not prophets according to your Bible, that's your prerogative.

After you trashed the great servants of Allah, you now backed down when you realized Bible messed big time. Let me give you word of wisdom. The mistakes made by David and Solomon is equivalent (with variation) to that of Jesus the son of Mary. Only God is perfect. David, Solomon, Moses, John Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon them) are all servants of God. Therefore, they were subjected to mistakes. What's the big deal in that?. But if you insist that Jesus was perfect, then wait until zemaye, tola9ja, Rilwayne001 come on board to trash that for you. Bible recorded mistakes made by Jesus. Does that make him any less than prophet or any less beloved by God Almighty?. "Mistakes" they made are divine wisdom (to teach mankind lesson). Quran records mistakes by Moses's encounter with a man named Kidir. This does not make him any less God's chosen among his people. Wise up pal.
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Rilwayne001: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
limamintruth:

I don't have much to say on this thread since i was absent from the beginiing, but i must confess bro you are ignorant of your bible.

In Acts 2:29-30 New International Version (NIV)
“Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne.

Or maybe the above is not part of the bible undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by zemaye: 6:17am On Oct 06, 2014
I have been ignoring the limamguy.... Since his post lacks indepth knowledge even of his bible. cry. I dey jolly mood Abeg 'guy' we honour all the prophets before Muhammad (saw). We Muslims even give them more honour than any religion. That is fact!
It is in the wisdom of Allah that all the prophets are humans and humans are prone to mistakes we are not infalliable only Allah is!
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by PastorKun(m): 6:23am On Oct 06, 2014
Empiree:

@bolds, stop being deceptive. Quran is talking about David and Solomon mentioned in the Bible(but which falsehoods have been attributed to). After you realize you are losing you start making irrelevant excuses shocked

No one is forcing anything down your throw. Another easy way out after finding out you are losing shocked

After you realize that you losing, you begin to stray from David and Solomon issues. Leave Hadith out of this. You have no knowledge of that. Just conjecture.

That Prophets David and Solomon are not prophets according to your Bible, that's your prerogative.

After you trashed the great servants of Allah, you now backed down when you realized Bible messed big time. Let me give you word of wisdom. The mistakes made by David and Solomon is equivalent (with variation) to that of Jesus the son of Mary. Only God is perfect. David, Solomon, Moses, John Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon them) are all servants of God. Therefore, they were subjected to mistakes. What's the big deal in that?. But if you insist that Jesus was perfect, then wait until zemaye, tola9ja, Rilwayne001 come on board to trash that for you. Bible recorded mistakes made by Jesus. Does that make him any less than prophet or any less beloved by God Almighty?. "Mistakes" they made are divine wisdom (to teach mankind lesson). Quran records mistakes by Moses's encounter with a man named Kidir. This does not make him any less God's chosen among his people. Wise up pal.

I really don't get your point about the bible casting David and Solomon in bad light cause the things considered negative written about them combined is not up to 10% of the negative things attributed to your prophet in your quoran and hadiths yet you seem him as a perfect example. Is that not the heighted of conceited hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by true2god: 8:09am On Oct 06, 2014
PastorKun:

I really don't get your point about the bible casting David and Solomon in bad light cause the things considered negative written about them combined is not up to 10% of the negative things attributed to your prophet in your quoran and hadiths yet you seem him as a perfect example. Is that not the heighted of conceited hypocrisy
That is Islamic logic. As long as you are a muslim, your evil must be protected. This is what make christians different from muslims.

David and solomom committed many crime and the bible did not fail to point them out to us. David, according to the bible, is a man after God's heart but yet we are not to follow his foot-steps. Jesus is christains' role model who the bible and the apostles asked us to emulate.

On the other hand, mohammed (peace be upon me), is the role model whom muslims are to follow. But is he a good role model? No! Even David, as spiritually weak as he is, is far better that the Islamic prophet. While David felt remorseful for every sin he committed, mohammed (peace be upon me) always justify his crime with new revelations from alah. Luckily for him, no one dare question the 'revelation' he had from alah because it is tantamount to treason.

3 Likes

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by malvisguy212: 8:58am On Oct 06, 2014
Empiree:
@limamintruth malvisguy212Blackfire

Clearly you guys have no idea what you talking about but it is not your fault. You only read what you know of from the Bible. Perhaps, you haven't ask yourself critical question 'why would high profile kings like David and Solomon beloved by God, endowed with wisdom would commit "grave mistakes", crimes etc according to your Bible?. Can't you see that someone or group of people have re-wrote your Bible with these confusion and blasphemies you exhibit on NL?. Bible trashes these great servants of Allah while Quran praises them. Well, according to Quran, Prophet Dawood and Sulaimon are granted paradise. It's never too late to open your eyes to reality.

We can perhaps see moral differences between Quran and Bible on this issue. Allah praises all His noble prophets in the Quran. Both Prophets Dawood and Sulaimon (Allah's Peace And Blessing Be Upon Them) are great, they were prophets and kings, they were obedient servants of Allah Most High. And their souls are in Paradise. Becareful what you wish for @ limamintruth malvisguy212 Blackfire.

so you mean someone change the word of God?david was a king.did the quran mention the following prohet.elijah,isaiah,jerimaiah,ezekiel,elisha,amos and the rest?

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2014
malvisguy212:
so you mean someone change the word of God?david was a king.did the quran mention the following prohet.elijah,isaiah,jerimaiah,ezekiel,elisha,amos and the rest?
sura 3:84 'Say, "We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him."

4:163-64
"Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].

And [We sent] messengers about whom We have related [their stories] to you before and messengers about whom We have not related to you. And Allah spoke to Moses with [direct] speech.

It's said that some 124,000 prophets were sent to the world. Only some 25 are mentioned in the Quran. We are commanded to respect them all including those mentioned in Christian Bible and Tawrat(Torah). Most others not mentioned in the Quran were sent to Isrealites ([size=5pt]they are pig-headed stubborn people[/size])I am sure those you mentioned up there, that's not their original names. Those are their English versions.

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Prophet Elisha mentioned in the Quran twice

Sura 6:85-87
"And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous."

"And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot - and all [of them] We preferred over the worlds."

"And [some] among their fathers and their descendants and their brothers - and We chose them and We guided them to a straight path."

I have heard several times that prophet Ezekiel(peace be upon him) is Dhul-kifl in Quran. If so Dhul-kifl (Ezekiel) is mentioned in the Quran.

"And remember Ishmael, Elisha and Dhul-Kifl, and all are among the outstanding."

Now listen, if anyone claims to be muslim but rejects any of these confirmed prophets and menssangers mentioned in Quran, Bible and Torah, he seized to be Muslim. Get that?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is The Catholic Church Bible Different From Others? / Martha Chioma Ibezim: Cultural Practices Against Women Should Be Abolished / The Significance Of Palm Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.