Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

The Prophet Of Allah - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prophet Of Allah (7688 Views)

Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. / Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by Empiree: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
My responses in blue
malvisguy212:
mr interlingent,you havent answer my qustion.why the quran dint mention this important prophet of God,isaiah?
I only chose to answer you on this one. No more. I said earlier that there were as many as 124k prophets sent to the world. Only 25 mentioned in the Quran (the most important ones) by name. There are others also mentioned in the Quran only described as prophets but their names are not mentioned. Meanwhile, 5 are more powerful out of these 25 prophets, Allah selected 5 most powerful prophets with solemn covenants mentioned in Sura 33:7

"And when We exacted a covenant from the prophets, and from thee (O Muhammad) and from Noah and Abraham and Moses and Jesus son of Mary. We took from them a solemn covenant;"

[s]Abraham smash the idol of his father but muhammad join his family in worshiping idol,infact he was in the cave of hira praying to idol when his allegdly calling,even the hadith prove it,the way of worship in islam is the same way pagan worship there gods.[/s] this is rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by malvisguy212: 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Empiree:
My responses in blue
so noah is a prophet!!!. Ok.
Muhammad thought anybody that here from God is a prophet,the quran even regard alexandra the great as a prophet.isahah that gives more prophecy about christ is not mention in the quran,is there any prophecy of the coming of christ in the quran?

1 Like

Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Your deluded brother said Abraham"s father was never a pagan that he worship the God of Israel grin grin

And you affirmed to it by saying he was an hardcore xtian...LMAO

Well, am done with you wink

Indeed you are step ahead of me for you finally won the arguement grin grin

LMAO tongue

Below is the list of the Jewish Prophets.

The 48 Prophets
1. Abraham
2. Isaac
3. Jacob
4. Moses
5. Aaron
6. Joshua ( Yehoshua )יהושע
7. Phineas
8. Elkanah
9. Eli
10. Samuel ( Shmu'el )שמואל
11. Gad
12. Nathan
13. David wink cheesy
14. Solomon wink cheesy
15. Iddo
16. Michaiah son of Imlah
17. Obadiah or Ovadyah [הידבוע]
18. Ahijah the Shilonite
19. Jehu son of Hanani
20. Azariah son of Oded
21. Jahaziel the Levite
22. Eliezer son of Dodavahu
23. Hosea or Hoshea [עשוה]
24. Amos [סומע]
25. Micah the Morashtite or Mikhah [הכימ]
26. Amoz
27. Elijah
28. Elisha
29. Jonah son of Amittai or Yonah [הנוי]
30. Isaiah (Yeshayahu [והיעשי])
31. Joel or Yo'el [לאוי]
32. Nahum or Nachum [םוחנ]
33. Habakkuk or Habaquq [קוקבח]
34. Zephaniah or Tsefania [הינפצ]
35. Urijah
36. Jeremiah
37. Ezekiel
38. Shemaiah
39. Baruch
40. Neriah
41. Seraiah
42. Mehseiah
43. Haggai [יגח]
44. Zechariah Zekharia [הירכז]
45. Malachi or Malakhi [יכאלמ]
46. Mordecai Bilshan
47. Oded
48. Hanani

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophets_in_Judaism

lolzzzz grin

Mr jewish-muslim desperado, its fun watching u quote judaism websites really; so so pathetic.

Nevertheless, kindly note further that 'prophethood' is a CALLING. Its not a choice for man to make but its task that is saddled on one by God Himself. A prophet is a messenger of God to His people. Prophets convey God's message n instructns to His people.

The old testament prophets were called by God specifically for that purpose e.g the case of prophet Jeremiah as seen in "Jeremiah 1:4-10":

4. The Lord gave me this message -
5. ' I knew you before i formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born i set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations'...
[sorry i'm suppose to quote the afore mentioned verses but i'm not used to writing long notes, so pls read 'em at ur spare tym]

God call His prophets in such clear terms and calls His other servants in similar manner, stating the task for each individual clearly before setting them forth to so act. As such , when God called David while he was a mere shephard boy tending his family's flock, God clearly spelt out to samuel (who anointed David as directed by God Almighty) the purpose of David's calling (which was for him to be king over his people and not for prophethood) [see 1 Samuel 16: 1 & 11- 13]
verse 1 says:
Now the Lord said to samuel, 'You have mourned long enough for saul. I have rejected him as king of isreal, so fill your flask with olive oil and go to bethlehem. Find a man named Jesse who lives there, for I HAVE SELECTED one of his sons TO BE MY KING'
(not prophet ooo, lol)

Verse 11 says:
Then samuel asked, 'Are these all the sons you have?' 'There is still the youngest,' Jesse replied. 'But he's out in the fields watching the sheep and goats.' 'send for him at once,' Samuel said. 'We will not sit down to eat until he arrives.'

Verse 12 :
So Jesse sent for him. He was dark and handsome, with beautiful eyes. And the Lord said, 'THIS IS THE, anoint HIM'

I'l stop here but u can read the rest verses at ur leisure tym. Note that God calls His prophets directly but in David's, Samuel was the intermediary that conveyed God's message to David and anointe him as king after saul.

Comprende'
Re: The Prophet Of Allah by limamintruth: 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
Its so unfortunate i'm not used to writing long epistles like your brother empiree, bear wit me embarassed

The bible verses i quoted above are frm the New Living Translation.

Note also that David himself confirmed God's word about his calling (i.e d task God called him for) in diff. chapters of his psalms e.g As seen in Psalms 78:70-72 that says:

v. 70 He(God) chose His servant David, calling him from the sheep pens.
v. 71 He took David from tending the ewes and lambs and made him the shepherd of Jacob's descendants - God's own people, Isreal.
v. 72 He cared for them with a true heart and led them with skillful hands.

So my dear fake-rabbi/mallam rilwayne, unless u want to tell us that u are wiser than ur creator, stop implying things God never approved. A word is enough for the wise.

I'l leave u wit this last bible passage ponder on & answer the attached questn therein since you have been decieving the likes of ur fan, empiree that you know the Holy Bible better than the quran sef (lol):
1 Chronicles 17:1-15. (study it well well oo, toh!)
QUESTION
Explain why God wil send a prophet to convey His message of promise to another prophet(as u call him) rather than give the said message directly to David(prophet according to u) the message recipient

[hope u understand my questn sha smart jew?]
I await ur prompt reply.

Hmm, well no more contributors; thus i see that this thread has reached its final end; lol. Moving unto better threads then.
[Unfollows yeye thread grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Significance Of Palm Sunday / Chris Oyaks Embarks On 40 Days Fasting And Prayer / All Atheists, Why Did You Become An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.