Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? (53208 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 8:34am On Oct 02, 2014
Ceasar1:

Are you a single Mum?

No, I don't have any kids yet.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:36am On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: [b]Yes I can...

But wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It requires a whole nother level of maturity of mind and mental strength.. You have to deal with certain emotional dramas that can really fhuck up the feeble minded and put untold strain on the relationship.. You have to try to raise another man's kid like they were yours. You have to deal with her/his past that keeps looking at you in the face daily. Let's not talk about the step parent drama that most step kids bring with them. Also when you now have your own kids, the battle line of fairness and equality is drawn and everytime you accidentally fhuck up by treating yours differently to theirs, the fall out is big. Infact you are almost always required to treat your step kids better than you would treat yours as they are technically the victims in your relationship. If the spouse with the kid isn't also mentally mature, they tend to create even more problems than the kids. In some cases, they start hoarding their assets and stashing them for their own kid for inheritance purposes. Every disciplinary action to take towards the other person's kid is seen as exaggerated and excessive. You most times end up emotionally messed up cos having to deal with that drama does tend to take its toll on you eventually.

In my opinion, I would highly discourage it.

Simply put, marrying a single parent is not for the emotionally weak.. But I believe I can handle that.

Thanks.[/b]
I can see y u chose dat moniker.... a situation like dis will surely drive u mad
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by khiaa(f): 8:40am On Oct 02, 2014
ojialo: I don't see anything wrong dating a single mother.... my woman was once married with a child... I'm enjoying my relationship.

But will you marry her is the question?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2014
yemaldo: for those of u saying yes,my first question for u is
1,how would u feel when d real father appear to take his child(maybe after d child's graduatn or when its time for his or her wedding)
2,will u allow her to visit that child father? dont u think d man may attempt to phuck her again and do u think ur wife can resist it?
thank u my brother. dese are a lot of things people are not forseeing. it just dat people are quick to comment
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:42am On Oct 02, 2014
free2ryhme: If all keeping specifying the kind of single mother they want to marry with specific qualities and xter my question remains if you eventually find the woman with all these why can't she with all the right qualities and xter maintain her current marriage with her child's father? Except her husband is late which is an exception.
A good talk
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Mclick(m): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Very hard question o, it all depends, some family will frown at it, other with a big no, cos the single mother will always have a divided attention btw her first child and her hubby and or she'll likely fall back to the father of her first child when things turn around
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1:

Utter rubbish.. No offence.

Your concerns are the least of the issues associated with marrying a single parent.
don't forget what u just threw into the dust bin is adultery. d womans husband is still alive.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by freecocoa(f): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2014
Fourwinds:
u can see conditions adding up
Your point being?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Bigsteveg(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2014
AdeniyiA: At least it shows her fertility, how do you explain a lady who had had several unprotected intimacy not having a baby, it's either she's done abortions or she's infertile, either way what's d assurance she'd be able to conceive when married /
It's a question, nobody is asking for your thesis! Can you? Simple
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by destante(f): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2014
hehe most men are busy shouting no no. smh.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Bigsteveg(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Pdizzle: Fertility is the only advantage, too many cons, i can't.
D fact dat shae has one doesn't mean she'l be able to give more. U neva see person with one pikin(and not dat she wanted one).
It's for bothe sides jare, either u don born or u never
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Wow! Many comments, mostly negative. I'm a single mother. I did the same thing many ladies have done and will always do: s3x. But I did what only a brave woman with a conscience would do, I kept my son. I laughed when I read some HELL NO's. Better a tokunbo. Car than a car that was wrecked in an accident and then panel-beat, repainted, and repackaged as new. I haven't had issues with men looking down on me because I'm independent and I don't even allow a man I'm dating meet my son. I don't want my son seeing different men in my life. It's only that lucky man that would have the priviledge of meeting him though adopting him is out of the question cos my family won't let him out of their sight. Fertility is not guaranteed because a woman has given birth but there's a higher chance of fertility and if there are no kids after marriage, then na the man get problem be that. As someone rightly said, it takes a mature mind and a good heart to be with a single mother because honestly we hardly trust because we've been hurt deeply before. I haven't met any promiscuous single mother. Strangely, most single mothers can close legs tight because of fear of being used and dumped. My advice to single mothers, don't be desperate, rely on God's time. It will happen for you too. And also be financially independent so no man calls you a gold-digger. And no matter what love your child/children because a man can break your heart and abandon you but your kid(s) are yours forever.

8 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by baba11(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Never,i would rather go for someone who is like me so that i will not feel cheated!!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by baba11(m): 8:57am On Oct 02, 2014
Never,i would rather go for someone who is like me so that i will not feel cheated.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Nobody is perfect... Some people might have given birth and left the child for the family to take care off claiming it's their YOUNGER BROTHER...

Some would about like a billion times and when MAYBE in the process their womb get destroyed!

I don't mind marrying a guy with kid.. Nobody knows tomorrow!!

dats what I call carelessness with sex. I'm a guy and don't tolerate careless sex and abortion. as a girl., are u suppose to protect urself by not spreading ur legs. u see y u shouldn't date in teen age rather face ur studies., no request for recharge cards and be contented with what mum and dad gives u. if u put things right., u will not fall into nonsense hands. dere is a saying dat u are what u eat.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by mkoabiola: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2014
Fortunately ,some single mothers are very nice nd caring dan d single ladies
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Bigsteveg(m): 8:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Mondisweets: it does even if you tell yourself its not. Its the same as saying a woman who thinks a guys who isn't rich is a turn off, is mature enough to know the qualities that make up a good husband.
That's not MATURITY, anybodu dat want to marry a single mother is his own choice, dat doesn't mean dose that don't are not matured.
Marrying a single mum comes with a lot of challenges,
(1)u nid to consider the relationship btw her and d baby daddy.
(2)u nid to consider the child, some child will let u know u can neva be their dad.
(3)most single mum comes with some emotional challenges, u become suspect in ur every move most especially if she had wit rough wit her baby dady.

So it takes a lot of patience when dealing with dem, but dat doesn't mean dey are more matured dan dose who marry single women.

And for those saying they've know d state of the woman as per fertility, having a child isn't a guarantee that the rest will come.

AND AS FOR ME.......NO, I CANT MARRY A SINGLE MAMA.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by link2jude(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2014
I think it requires an extraordinary love for the mother and her child and most of all the grace of God for such marriage to last.
Personally, I must get to the Root cause why she separated from the father of the child. Based on my findings, I will make up my mind whether to or not.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: [b]Yes I can...

But wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It requires a whole nother level of maturity of mind and mental strength.. You have to deal with certain emotional dramas that can really fhuck up the feeble minded and put untold strain on the relationship.. You have to try to raise another man's kid like they were yours. You have to deal with her/his past that keeps looking at you in the face daily. Let's not talk about the step parent drama that most step kids bring with them. Also when you now have your own kids, the battle line of fairness and equality is drawn and everytime you accidentally fhuck up by treating yours differently to theirs, the fall out is big. Infact you are almost always required to treat your step kids better than you would treat yours as they are technically the victims in your relationship. If the spouse with the kid isn't also mentally mature, they tend to create even more problems than the kids. In some cases, they start hoarding their assets and stashing them for their own kid for inheritance purposes. Every disciplinary action to take towards the other person's kid is seen as exaggerated and excessive. You most times end up emotionally messed up cos having to deal with that drama does tend to take its toll on you eventually.

In my opinion, I would highly discourage it.

Simply put, marrying a single parent is not for the emotionally weak.. But I believe I can handle that.

Thanks.[/b]
U said it all.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 9:05am On Oct 02, 2014
freecocoa: Your point being?
when u are marrying a single man or girl conditions are there. but marrying single mother or father ....additional condttions attributed to marriage..no be true
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by icankel: 9:12am On Oct 02, 2014
Everyone CAN but no one is actually intend going for them. Most men always found out in later years of marriage

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by chemicaljohnny50: 9:13am On Oct 02, 2014
I can marry such person as long as she reciprocate her love to me and we both will take care of the child
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2014
she is a single lady & a guy is hell bend to marry her,she stil wonderin why he's so much in luv dat he a single guy is plannin to see her parent...she ask him dou & hs response ws she is calm,beautiful & respetful,they both luv each oda so much bt she is stil scared if his peopl wil acept her wit 2 girls who ar alwys wit her mother....she fell into marriage wen she ws 19 to a guy who ws dump by hs fiancee & settld on her cos he ws gettin old bt wen she enterd...omo see beatin ooo,hes vry fast on hiting on any slightest mstake, she endured neva wntd to leave bt her parent tuk her frm him in d last beatin dat ended up in d hospital...dnt blame for such marriage den, she ws jus too young den to av diverge into it ooo dou she blamed hersef bt nt much cos she has d best beautiful & intelligent girls...some guys ar nice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Fourwinds: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2014
yemaldo:
mr man u better dont allow her to visit the father of her child because he will attempt to do it again and u know women
don't mind MadCiw1. he pretends as if he doesn't know d other man is her husband. he can bang her if she visit whether forcefully or otherwise
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by hamid30: 9:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Of cos I can marry her only if we are not living with the child
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ericessien24: 9:23am On Oct 02, 2014
khiaa:

If you break her heart why should she stay with you, so you could do it again? I wouldn't call protecting her heart not being loyal. Would you stay if a girl broke your heart? sad
so you want to admit your relationship Is perfect? havnt you had misunderstanding before and resolved it? why didn't you leave him?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ojialo(m): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2014
khiaa:

But will you marry her is the question?
why not....
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by PAINGAIN: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Being a guy dat resides outside naija, and still single(cus I wan marry from home o) I don't have any problems wit dat. If everything is alright between us, her having a child wouldn't stop me from marrying her.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ericessien24: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2014
khiaa:

What if the father is deceased, married someone else, or just doesn't want to get married. Maybe she doesn't want to marry the father, there are different reasons why the parents never married.
after training the child to the peak,won't the same man come and claim paternity and daddy? u should know the real father of a baby is always the father.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ericessien24: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2014
khiaa:

What if the father is deceased, married someone else, or just doesn't want to get married. Maybe she doesn't want to marry the father, there are different reasons why the parents never married.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by Enasco1(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2014
We are all tackling dx issue from d ladies side!!!! X not wrong 2 date n marry a lady dat already has a child from her previous relationship, d only issue I personally have wt them x dat many of them do hide d child from d new guy. Wot stops u from tellin him abt ur past right from d first date. A lady who dated 1 guy n got pregnant bt did nt marry him n a lady who dated abt 6 guys n had up to 6 abortions, whic x better Question beggin 4 an anx!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? by ojialo(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Midehi: i am a single lady & a guy is hell bend to marry me,am stil wonderin why he's so much in luv dat he a single guy is plannin to see my parent...i ask him dou & hs response ws am calm,beautiful & respetful,we luv each oda so much bt am stil scared if his peopl wil acept me wit 2 girls who ar alwys wit my mother....i fell into marriage wen i ws 19 to a guy who ws dump by hs fiancee & settld on me cos he ws gettin old bt wen i enterd...omo see beatin ooo,hes vry fast on hiting on any slightest mstake, i endured neva wntd to leave bt my parent tuk me frm him in d last beatin dat ended up in d hospital...dnt blame for such marriage den,i ws jus too young den to av diverge into it ooo dou i blame mysef bt nt much cos i av d best beautiful & intelligent girls...some guys ar nice.
and you just registered?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Couple Marries After 17 Years Of Dating / Five Funny Styles Nigerian Guys Use To Toast A Woman(find Yours) / I Don't Want To Marry Her. Should I Reject The Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.