Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? (28862 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man / Signs You're Living Beyond Your Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
ADEBOSUN:

carefreewannabe It's posts like this that make me want to meet you. I've noticed some of your comments on some other threads, and... I'm impressed.
Sent you a PM, do well to reply.

I haven't got any PM but I never reply to any because I think it would be wrong to do it as I am in a relationship.

Thanks for the "compliment" though. smiley smiley

Nice to meet you. smiley
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Honestagbons(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
YES OOOOOOO,A DAY WITHOUT LAUGHTER IS A DAY WASTED,I'M ENJOYING MY LIFE,I BLESS THE NAME OF THY LORD.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Okay. What do I want to say self?
Yes I remember, bia op are u a doctor?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Lucasbalo(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
YES. Considering the age I left Nigeria for U S and what I went through in college and doing my MBA after college and start working and getting married at a young age of 23, God has been very good to me. Still believe the future is very bright.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by tonididdy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
def NOT...so far life is been a Biatch.people I grew up with or watched growing are doing better and am just here hoping.

NO def not satisfied cos my story has to change.( I do not lie to myself)
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by missEmjay(f): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Not at all! Can't be satisfied with a Non progressive life
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ugwum007(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
God is still working on me....u all will know wen he is tru
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by prowlG: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Amazingly cheap mtn data, from a reliable source

https://www.nairaland.com/1917369/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-300
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by RAO1(m): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmm...... still loading
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by kay29000(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmm! This is the million dollar question. I am not satisfied with the life I am living right now, but I am at least happy that it is leading me to the kind of life I want to live.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by UyiIredia(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
No.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
UyiIredia:
No.

Why not?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
kay29000:
Hmm! This is the million dollar question. I am not satisfied with the life I am living right now, but I am at least happy that it is leading me to the kind of life I want to live.

What kind of life do you want to live?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by PastorOluT(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
pweetixandy:
No I am not..until I discover God's purpose for me and begin to live in it..I will not b satisfied. God please speak to me!

Have u given ur life to Christ, are u born again?

I think this is a very good place to start.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by phunminiyi(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
i thank God for where i am, but i 'm still aiming higher. I ESPECIALLY WANT TO BE A PUBLIC SPEAKER, ANY IDEA OR HELP PLS? My email ogedengbefunminiyi@yahoo.com
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ADEBOSUN(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I haven't got any PM but I never reply to any because I think it would be wrong to do it as I am in a relationship.

Thanks for the "compliment" though. smiley smiley

Nice to meet you. smiley

Nice to meet you too.

@Topic: Looking at it from OP's intended meaning as clarified, I'd say I'm not satisfied. Grateful, but not satisfied.

I want to love more, give more, spend more quality time with the people I care about.
I want to make more money so I can do that; have time to relax and take care of the people I care about.

I'm tired of seeing friends and family unemployed, I'd like to create employment for many and be one of the solutions to unemployment in Nigeria, I'm not satisfied with just being one of the lucky employed ones.

I want to be able to fight the cause of the downtrodden in society, and not just by being a politically correct voice on social media, but being able to create a real impact. I want to be able to afford to give out scholarships to our best minds, teenagers right out of school.

I want to be the reason why someone's dreams came to pass.
I want to be a role model, not just to my kids, but one who can inspire a generation; like Martin Luther King, like Awolowo, like great Zik, to be a shining light, a source of hope, a champion of dreams, other people's dreams.

And finally I want to have a woman by my side that understands why I want to have/be the things I want to, and supports me.
A wife whose dreams are as big as mine and aligns with it.

So to answer your question @OP, I'm grateful, but not satisfied, not yet, not by a long shot.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by kay29000(m): 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What kind of life do you want to live?

The kind of life where I don't have to follow societal norms ...where I play by my own rules. I am working on being a writer/movie producer, and I want to be able to "comfortably" do what I want to do without making compromises because of cash or any other factors.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
ADEBOSUN:

Nice to meet you too.

@Topic: Looking at it from OP's intended meaning as clarified, I'd say I'm not satisfied. Grateful, but not satisfied.

I want to love more, give more, spend more quality time with the people I care about.
I want to make more money so I can do that; have time to relax and take care of the people I care about.

I'm tired of seeing friends and family unemployed, I'd like to create employment for many and be one of the solutions to unemployment in Nigeria, I'm not satisfied with just being one of the lucky employed ones.

I want to be able to fight the cause of the downtrodden in society, and not just by being a politically correct voice on social media, but being able to create a real impact. I want to be able to afford to give out scholarships to our best minds, teenagers right out of school.

I want to be the reason why someone's dreams came to pass.
I want to be a role model, not just to my kids, but one who can inspire a generation; like Martin Luther King, like Awolowo, like great Zik, to be a shining light, a source of hope, a champion of dreams, other people's dreams.

And finally I want to have a woman by my side that understands why I want to have/be the things I want to, and supports me.
A wife whose dreams are as big as mine and aligns with it.

So to answer your question @OP, I'm grateful, but not satisfied, not yet, not by a long shot.

You aim very high, which is good, if this is what you want but you can be satisfied just the way you are NOW without having achieved all this. Feeling satisfied NOW doesn'T mean that you cannot set goals for yourself and work towards them. It just means that you are satisfied NOW instead of believing that you can only be satisfied in the future.

I always hear people say that if they achieve this or that then they will be satisfied.

If I get this new car, I will be happier.
If I get a better job, I will be satisfied.
If I make more money, I will be satisfied.
If I become famous, I will be satisfied.
If I become more beautiful, I will be satisfied.

Then the day comes and they feel satisfied but the satisfaction doesn't last. They become restless again. They set themselves a new goal and think that when they achieve it, in the future, they will be satisfied. The day comes, they feel satisfied but it doesn't last. And the circle continues.

If you can only be satisfied when you reach all your goals, then you will spend a lot of time being unsatisfied because you have a long way to go. You should not only enjoy the end results, it would be better to enjoy the way there too so that you don't waste your time feeling unsatisfied for a long time.

Each second that passes won't return.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
kay29000:

The kind of life where I don't have to follow societal norms ...where I play by my own rules. I am working on being a writer/movie producer, and I want to be able to "comfortably" do what I want to do without making compromises because of cash or any other factors.

Why can't you enjoy working on what you seek to achieve and feel satisfied by doing so?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why can't you enjoy working on what you seek to achieve and feel satisfied by doing so?
You should consider being a professional therapist lol,and dis shud b ur thread on fp,u've contributed far more dan i could ever
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:

You should consider being a professional therapist lol,and dis shud b ur thread on fp,u've contributed far more dan i could ever

I love this thread. Thank you for this. I am currently reading books about happiness and satisfaction. wink
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by vega84(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nope am nt , is nt all abt success cos I got that thou nt 100percent bt am cool,bt there tins that could hav made me happier that I dnt hav right nw. #vegayarns#
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ADEBOSUN(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You aim very high, which is good, if this is what you want but you can be satisfied just the way you are NOW without having achieved all this. Feeling satisfied NOW doesn'T mean that you cannot set goals for yourself and work towards them. It just means that you are satisfied NOW instead of believing that you can only be satisfied in the future.

I always hear people say that if they achieve this or that then they will be satisfied.

If I get this new car, I will be happier.
If I get a better job, I will be satisfied.
If I make more money, I will be satisfied.
If I become famous, I will be satisfied.
If I become more beautiful, I will be satisfied.

Then the day comes and they feel satisfied but the satisfaction doesn't last. They become restless again. They set themselves a new goal and think that when they achieve it, in the future, they will be satisfied. The day comes, they feel satisfied but it doesn't last. And the circle continues.

If you can only be satisfied when you reach all your goals, then you will spend a lot of time being unsatisfied because you have a long way to go. You should not only enjoy the end results, it would be better to enjoy the way there too so that you don't waste your time feeling unsatisfied for a long time.

Each second that passes won't return.

I see what you're saying.
I also agree that satisfaction cannot be attained in a goal being fulfilled. Everything in life like they say is in the chasing and not in the getting. The satisfaction I seek is in setting out on that path, to wake up everyday and know I'm on the path. Not in the destination, but in the journey.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by nomabeeee(f): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
NairaMode:
To say you are satisfied with your life implies that you are not visionary, not purposeful, not creative and you lack aspirations.

This doesn't mean you have to be greedy, wanton or covetous but everyone must understand that as humans we are limitless, boundless and the worlds possibilities are endless.

So, I am not satisfied yet but I am grateful for my life.
beautiful comment..I swear..am following u right away..
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by salzismadt(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
Wait make I ask Baba God he will ansa 4 me grin
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
nomabeeee:
beautiful comment..I swear..am following u right away..

You are cute.
Beautiful? Well just my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
ADEBOSUN:

I see what you're saying.
I also agree that satisfaction cannot be attained in a goal being fulfilled. Everything in life like they say is in the chasing and not in the getting. The satisfaction I seek is in setting out on that path, to wake up everyday and know I'm on the path. Not in the destination, but in the journey.

Yeah kind of but it is even more about accepting what is NOW.

Take Nelson Mandela, for instance, a great personality, a big achiever. I have unfortunately never had the chance to meet him but I believe that he would NOT have come so far in life if he wasn't able to accept what IS in each present moment. Imagine all these years he had spent in prison. I don't think he would have survived and come out stronger without the acceptance of circumstances, whatever they may be and trust that he is fulfilling his purpose in each and every moment, free or in jail.

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by kay29000(m): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmm! Well, I am happy working at it now, but maybe I wished things would happen faster, that's why I said I wasn't satisfied. Okay, looking at it from your angle, I think I can say I am satisfied with the life I am living.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I love this thread. Thank you for this. I am currently reading books about happiness and satisfaction. wink

Came at the right time i guess,thank you too.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
GANDALF1:

sad
why this sad face maybe you could explain what you want to know smiley
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by joywendy(f): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Whatever you are doing or not doing in a present moment is your purpose in this moment.

How you define purpose is your choice, though.

Life takes always place in the present moment.
The past and the future are concepts that only exist in your mind. You can never live in the past and you can never live in the future. You can only live in the present moment so the present moment is ALL you have.
To live is your PRIMARY purpose.
To see anything you do as your purpose in the present moment is the secret to fulfillment.
If you believe that you can only achieve your purpose in the future then you will never achieve it. Because when the future arrives it will still be the present moment.

People miss living their lives in the present moment because they are either stuck in the past or the future but they only have the present moment. The past and the future exist only in people's minds.
Carefreewannabe you are the bomb! Love this message!!
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ADEBOSUN(m): 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yeah kind of but it is even more about accepting what is NOW.

Take Nelson Mandela, for instance, a great personality, a big achiever. I have unfortunately never had the chance to meet him but I believe that he would NOT have come so far in life if he wasn't able to accept what IS in each present moment. Imagine all these years he had spent in prison. I don't think he would survive and come out stronger without the acceptance of circumstances, whatever they may be and trust that he is fulfilling his purpose in each and every moment, free or in jail.

On the contrary. I think it's that deep thirst for more that kept people like Mandella through the tough times. He couldn't give up on life and his dreams, so he stuck in there, hoping for a change.
When you become satisfied with a circumstance less than what you envision, you are bound to become complacent. And once you begin to conform to those circumstances, the dream is as good as dead.

Remember the story of the black American, Rosa Parks that refused to shift her position in the bus, that formed one of the major movements against discrimination. The circumstances said they belonged to the back or off the bus. She could have chosen to adapt to that, and accept the circumstances, but she wasn't satisfied, there was a possibility of more, so she wanted more.

When we start accepting circumstances, when there's a chance of something better, we start on a path of retrogression... what you're satisfied with today will eventually become more and more scarce in circulation, you don't have to wait till someone finally moves your cookie, you've got to go for more, even when what you have is more than enough.

In summary, everything is perfect the way it is today, but with some more effort, it'll be even more perfect tomorrow. That has always been the drive behind all progress in technology, science, society and even religion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? / 5 Generations Photo A Nigerian Man Shared To Celebrate Mother's Day / Lady Claims Her Father Mistakenly Sent Her N10M For Christmas (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.