Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? (28860 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man / Signs You're Living Beyond Your Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by salvatore007(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:

You ar so wrong brother,

How?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Acidosis(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
pweetixandy:
now its no longer about age(maturity)? It now about tribe abi. If u had anything worth saying,u should have said it. :-)
urmm
*lips sealed
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Acidosis(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
zeemoore:

Don't be silly, my dear boy
grin
If I catch u sad sad
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
salvatore007:

How?
Do u know dt wen ur old,probably in ur 80's or 90"s,and u knw u aint got time anymore,these things u mentioned would nt matter to u,it'l b time u spent wit ur family,times u could v bin more grateful n satisdied,cuz 70% of the things we worry about so much neva reali hapns
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by emmadejust(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
ALL THE LABOUR OF MAN IS FOR HIS BELLE YET THE APPETITE IS NOT FULL..... I THANKS FOR FOR NOW AND IN TOMOROW TO COME.. ...
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by misshoree(f): 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:
As for me,i am fully satisfied,no regrets,looking to the future. What about you ?
is a man ever satisfied Even a rich man aint satisfied yet,so what are we saying?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
ADEBOSUN:

On the contrary. I think it's that deep thirst for more that kept people like Mandella through the tough times. He couldn't give up on life and his dreams, so he stuck in there, hoping for a change.
When you become satisfied with a circumstance less than what you envision, you are bound to become complacent. And once you begin to conform to those circumstances, the dream is as good as dead.

Acceptance is not the same as resignation. Don't get it twisted. wink

I have never met Mandela so I cannot speak for him (who am I?) but I believe that he accepted his faith under tough circumstances instead of lamenting over how he is not satisfied. If he hadn't, he would have given up after 5 years in prison at the latest.
Acceptance refers to the acceptance of the present moment, of what is now and of what you can do and cannot do NOW. It doesn't mean that you cannot plan to take further actions when the time comes. It doesn't mean that you cannot have plans but it means that you will accept the present moment and live in the present moment even if it isn't perfect. It never will be perfect. When you solve one problem, another will be awaiting you. Acceptance means that you trust that it has to be like that NOW. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to change it in a given moment.

Remember the story of the black American, Rosa Parks that refused to shift her position in the bus, that formed one of the major movements against discrimination. The circumstances said they belonged to the back or off the bus. She could have chosen to adapt to that, and accept the circumstances, but she wasn't satisfied, there was a possibility of more, so she wanted more.

How could I forget such a great, courageous woman? smiley
Rosa Parks accepted that she would be fought and that she would experience hatred and resilience. She accepted that she exposes herself to danger. She accepted the risk and then she acted. Like I said, to accept is not to give up.

When we start accepting circumstances, when there's a chance of something better, we start on a path of retrogression... what you're satisfied with today will eventually become more and more scarce in circulation, you don't have to wait till someone finally moves your cookie, you've got to go for more, even when what you have is more than enough.

Life is a constant up and down. There are people whose happiness and satisfaction is determined by outer forces, how much they have, how popular they are, how good their partners behave, how fair the society they live in is and so on and so forth and there are people who no matter what accept what is (without lamenting) and make the best out of it.

Here is an example of a person who perfectly mirrors satisfaction against all odds.

http://bolstablog./2012/06/22/wild-bill/

In summary, everything is perfect the way it is today, but with some more effort, it'll be even more perfect tomorrow. That has always been the drive behind all progress in technology, science, society and even religion.

Nothing is ever perfect and nothing will ever be perfect. One problem is solved, another arises. That's life! An up and down.

You can be satisfied NOW and enjoy our conversation without having achieved what you want to achieve. This doesn't mean that you have to give up on your dreams. It only means that for NOW you are doing something else and it means that you consciously value this moment because when it passes,it won't come back again. Your life is a gift, it is a purpose in itself, your PRIMARY purpose.

You won't find satisfaction in tomorrow, tomorrow ONLY exists in your mind. All you have, ALWAYS, is the present moment. Life always take place in the present moment and our PRIMARY purpose is to live. Most people exist, they don't live. They let each moment pass half-consciously (at best) or are busy complaining about the NOW instead of making the best out of life in each present moment. They hope for a better future but when the future arrives and they find themselves in the NOW, the state they have always been in and can only be in, they will want something else, more and more and more.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
misshoree:
is a man ever satisfied Even a rich man aint satisfied yet,so what are we saying?
Its not about wealth. Is money d most important tin in life? What abt oda areas in ur life?,wat abt bin alive,wat abt hvn a family,these are d little tins dt really matters,and dt is wat am askn if ur satisfied wit.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
joywendy:

Carefreewannabe you are the bomb! Love this message!!

Thank you.

I am currently trying or better practicing to live by this message. wink
It is fun but not always easy. wink

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:

Came at the right time i guess,thank you too.

Perfect timing, I would say. wink cheesy

Sometimes everything makes sense in life, sometimes nothing does. wink
I try to accept all seasons. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by misshoree(f): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:

Its not about wealth. Is money d most important tin in life? What abt oda areas in ur life?,wat abt bin alive,wat abt hvn a family,these are d little tins dt really matters,and dt is wat am askn if ur satisfied wit.
I have a wonderful family but am still not satisfied
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
misshoree:
I have a wonderful family but am still not satisfied
Hv u askd urself y?
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by salvatore007(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:

Do u know dt wen ur old,probably in ur 80's or 90"s,and u knw u aint got time anymore,these things u mentioned would nt matter to u,it'l b time u spent wit ur family,times u could v bin more grateful n satisdied,cuz 70% of the things we worry about so much neva reali hapns

It neva rili happns cause we neva wrked 4it.. in ma 80's nd 90's by God's grace, i will b filled wit a sense of achievment nd den i cn spend all d time i want wiv ma fam rada dan advisn my children nd grandchildren on doin wat i didnt do wen i was a youth
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
For me , satisfaction doesn't just come from what you have or the things you've achieved else you'll be so unsatisfied for a very long time . From personal experience I noticed that there's this peace and rest of mind at comes with satisfaction and it doesn't make you lazy or wanna slow down or something but instead it makes you strive more just to keep that satisfaction so this case I totally agree with the op .

if its only God's salvation I have , am so satisfied smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by pweetixandy: 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
PastorOluT:

Have u given ur life to Christ, are u born again?

I think this is a very good place to start.
I am not..and I've given my life to christ several times in the past but its just not easy keepoing up.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by misshoree(f): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:

Hv u askd urself y?
no.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
misshoree:
no.
Thank the Lord my sister,you are fortunate,everytin will fall in place,when one door is closed,many more are open.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Youngzedd(m): 10:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
Insatiable being.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by PastorOluT(m): 10:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
pweetixandy:
I am not..and I've given my life to christ several times in the past but its just not easy keepoing up.

ok I get u, bt if u are serious about discovering purpose there is not way u can bypass being serious in ur relationship with God.

U have to be determined and disciplined of u want things to work out, 'be diligent to make ur calling n election sure'.

U can do it really bt u are yet to make up ur mind, count the cost n continue by being ready to sacrifice the world n its pleasure for something better in Christ.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by ADEBOSUN(m): 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
carefreewannabe:

but when the future arrives and they find themselves in the NOW, the state they have always been in and can only be in, they will want something else, more and more and more.

When it comes to "bigger picture " issues like this one, I'd say its difficult to reach a consensus. So I agree to disagree.

I suspect we're saying the same things in alot of areas here, but we've reached different conclusions.
I respect your opinions though.

Unto the next....
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
ADEBOSUN:

When it comes to "bigger picture " issues like this one, I'd say its difficult to reach a consensus. So I agree to disagree.

I suspect we're saying the same things in alot of areas here, but we've reached different conclusions.

Unto the next....

Best wishes. wink smiley
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
Elantracey:
For me , satisfaction doesn't just come from what you have or the things you've achieved else you'll be so unsatisfied for a very long time . From personal experience I noticed that there's this peace and rest of mind at comes with satisfaction and it doesn't make you lazy or wanna slow down or something but instead it makes you strive more just to keep that satisfaction so this case I totally agree with the op .

True true!
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Tobys: 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
I don't like it but I thank the lord cos I live a life some people always wanted,
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Elantracey:

+1000 more likes cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by tommiebuck(f): 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yomieluv:
Am not,till my name is on Forbe's list,am not resting.

wasere grin
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
the future is near... am praising God for whr is taking me tooo.....
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by aspirebig: 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
As my username name implies. I am ASPIRING BIG full time. Satisfy ke, wen the groove just dey start? Na wa oo for this op ooo.

I am NOT satisfied with the life I am living, no, not yet at all.

Though, I am doing fine now, ever thought why Dbang did Oliver twist, his best hit ever.

I believe in God and I know that I am not in my final bus stop in life yet. I am still young,there are still more to achieve, to do, to learn, to know, to research and even acquire in life. I love new challenges, being satisfied can make you to be complacent, filling like a G, thinking you have arrived before you know it you are living in the past and you will be overtaken by current events in this crazy and fast paced changing world.

One of the secret of life of living a fulfilled life is to keep giving yourself a new challenge, rack your brain, get active and be
productive.Be happy, live in peace with your fellow human.

Simple SS1 Economics or ECN 101 taught us that man is simply insatiable in nature. So I do think your satisfaction point is someone else hungry point, it is relative.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by January27(f): 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
fabiano09:

And what are u doin to change it?
I'm trying everything possible to change it
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by babystathopoulos: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
ADEBOSUN:

Unto the next....
Both are not saying the same thing at all.. I. Think I am in support of your points so far.
@carefreewanna is not in line with the topic at all. This topic focus is ARE YOU SATISFIED? Not ARE YOU GRATEFUL? Example a very hungry man was given 2 slices of bread to eat? Ofcourse he would be grateful to the giver he got sometin to eat but that does not make him satisfied when he is not But someone else with a smaller stomach might be fully fed with that 2 slices of bread

So been satisfied or not has less to do with gratefulness. Most here saying they are satisfied are the ones with a good job, stable relationships... Who say money is not part of satisfaction...story for the gods..imagine yourself in the shoes of someone whose landlord throws his things out in the rain cos he hasn't paid rent for 6months shocked shocked
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
babystathopoulos:

Both are not saying the same thing at all.. I. Think I am in support of your points so far.
@carefreewanna is not in line with the topic at all. This topic focus is ARE YOU SATISFIED? Not ARE YOU GRATEFUL? Example a very hungry man was given 2 slices of bread to eat? Ofcourse he would be grateful to the giver he got sometin to eat but that does not make him satisfied when he is not But someone else with a smaller stomach might be fully fed with that 2 slices of bread

So been satisfied or not has less to do with gratefulness. Most here saying they are satisfied are the ones with a good job, stable relationships... Who say money is not part of satisfaction...story for the gods..imagine yourself in the shoes of someone whose landlord throws his things out in the rain cos he hasn't paid rent for 6months shocked shocked

It doesn't change the fact that plenty of well off people are NOT satisfied.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Humblesam(m): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
pweetixandy:
No I am not..until I discover God's purpose for me and begin to live in it..I will not b satisfied. God please speak to me!

Am just being inspired and motivated to hungry and taste for righteousness by you tonight.
Thank you for the impact.
I really feel it, God bless you real good.
Re: Are You Satisfied With The Life You're Living? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
. .. As for me, i really do thank God Almighty for my life. Things can only get better!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? / 5 Generations Photo A Nigerian Man Shared To Celebrate Mother's Day / Lady Claims Her Father Mistakenly Sent Her N10M For Christmas (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.