Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC (34605 Views)

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack / "Shi'ites: Why People Are Indifferent To The Killings In Zaria" - Vanguard / ‘saddened But Indifferent', Wole Soyinka Answers Rivers State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2014
good
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by gbadexy(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2014
The man is very wise. He would support the person with highest prospect of winning at the last moment which I believe is jonathan.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Sheenor: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Naxo una dey talk naah
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by lakamua: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2014
They are asking one man for forgiveness and not the millions of voters. Whta does that tell you. Are they really planning on free and fair elections or pure rigging. You guys are shamelessly taking sides as if you are not nigerians and whoever rules is only obj's problem. When will people knw their rights in this country?

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by abu12: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Tinubu is a smart politician, obasanjo want PDP to conduct primaries that will edge jonathan out, but PDP was quick to adopt jona as consensus candidate. Now obasanjo supporting jona for 2ndterm is like obasanjo supporting Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, is hack enemy which will b a disgrace to obasanjo in international community. So obasanjo has no other choice than to pick his loyal boy in APC, which kwakwoso for president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by qleap2all(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2014
You have done the right thing as a National leader not as some that is dividing Nigerians along party line,religion and sectional
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by onatisi(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2014
I wonder how the journalist knew what was discussed at those meetings without been there. These two meetings had not more than 3 ppl in attendance at each of the 2 meetings.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by justi4jesu(f): 9:25am On Oct 05, 2014
Obj take a chill pill angry angry angry
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by honeric01(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2014
abu12:
Tinubu is a smart politician, obasanjo want PDP to conduct primaries that will edge jonathan out, but PDP was quick to adopt jona as consensus candidate. Now obasanjo supporting jona for 2ndterm is like obasanjo supporting Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, is hack enemy which will b a disgrace to obasanjo in international community. So obasanjo has no other choice than to pick his loyal boy in APC, which kwakwoso for president.

This can't happen.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by synergycom19: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba is ANGRY with the PDP because GEJ’S GREED for Power has Jeopardize and Jettisoned the ROTATIONAL presidency plan put in place to Ensure that Southerners can still become President of Nigeria in future in matter the Minority status.
For the APC they are not serious, have no clear- cut agenda, no convincing manufestors, no cohensive party policies, etc
OBJ is still very popular and well respected

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Ichie11(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2014
OBJ go and rest juuu! Why must it always be you ?mtchewwwww! Am of the school of thought that stands for the active participation of the youth in the national Politics. Why has that not been actualized? Its because the old men there are drunk with Power. I HATE sheeeet!!!! Let me go to Church juuu and put Nigeria in prayer for this 2015 election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by chucky234(m): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2014
You cant just help but love this man, despite his many shortcomings I love this man to a fault.
OBJ rules Naija political landscape, ignore him at your peril.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by eleko1: 9:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Okudiover(m): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin No be today OBJ begin oh! The man is just the luckiest Nigerian leader.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba Iyabo. One weird thing about this man is Nobody truly understand this man, you can't read his mind or know his next line of action. I doubt if his own children understands him

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by ideylaff: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2014
brainpower:
You can't take away the fact that this man still wields so much power in Nigerian politics. But I still believe he will not openly work for APC, that's if he even thinks it and if they give Atiku their flag, then OBJ will make sure Atiku losses by all means. Its obvious that he has some issues with GEJ which is understandable knowing how power hungry he is and knowing that no president will actually want his fate or power to rest on a former president. But one of them could compromise soon probably GEJ. Imagine baba on a platform campaigning for a party with his bad mouth and charisma. But baba can't work for APC. All he wants is to shake GEJ and see what he can salvage for his boys that still want power. Talking about Tinubu! This man can do anything to get power. If there's anybody that shouldn't be trusted in APC, I think he is the one. Imagine democratic party leaders going to George Bush to beg him to be the captain of their ship for election. With this alone, they will never win any election in the US. That's how he sponsored some people for them to attend Democratic party convention in the US the last time. He is tired of power from states, he wants to be incharge of the centre and Buhari or Atiku or Kwankwaso can't give him that. That's why I think he may betray them soon.

Rubbing minds for progress of the NATION is quite far different from rubbing minds for "selfish interest + ego trips" ....

You think OBJ is not still pained about the people who thwarted his 3rd term plan sit with him privately and u will know how he still hurts

Also for Tinubu you think he really wants to see others become President when he himself will like to have a shot but handicapped by many
factors.

Lastly that visit might even be to satisfy OBJ's ego to make him feel very relevant.....if he was really relevant GEJ will be at his residence not David Mark.. simple truth

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2014
size38:
Since Baba OBJ is still a card carrying member of the PDP, I advice GEJ to go to Baba and ask for forgiveness himself. Not by sending senate president, David Mark. If it is to abuse APC and Amaechi, GEJ is ready to open his mouth and talk for 48 hours. GEJ is the one seeking to be re elected as the president of Naija and not David Mark. So GEJ should go himself

hv not seen where gej talked nor even mentioned amaechi in his speech not to talk of make speech abt him for 48hrs, abi anoda gej dey?

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by egift(m): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2014
Jenams:
Since Baba OBJ is still a card carrying
member of the PDP, wat tinubu did amounts to anti party activity.

Wrong. If Tinubu succeeds, then APC would have shattered Jonathan biggest support and bring in over 20% of all PDP votes.

Already, OBJ receptive disposition to APC and his inability to assure the PDP delegate of his support is a big win for the APC delegation.

TANiods can continue insulting OBJ, the fact remains that without OBJ, there would not have been Jonathan. Also Baba has Loyalists. While those following Jonathan are in for the cookies. If the National wallet is taken away, he will be deserted.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by dagr8(m): 9:43am On Oct 05, 2014
EdCure:
OBJ, work for APC if you want Nigerians to forgive you.
OBJ can never ever work for APC cool. I rather see him reconciling with GEJ and PDP winning the elections come next year...
The only person OBJ can support among the APC aspirants is Kwankwosho and is very unlikely Kwankwosho wins the primaries. OBJ will campaign for PDP because APC will "foolishly" still come up with that perpetual loser called Buhari... walahi half bread is better than N10 puff puff .....Jonathan will rule till 2019

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by eleko1: 9:45am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba Aremu,the self acclaimed Ebora of Owu will not campaign for d scammer in Aso rock.Did anybody see him with the TANS animals roaming the country wasting tax payers money in their charade call campaign?Let just wait and see grin
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by M4gunners: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2014
nedu2000:
At his age and vast experience(war,presidency,prison etc),he's towing the path of wisdom.
Whether we admit it or not,APC is the party of the yoruba people,it didn't matter then,when he was president but now its different. Obj has to tread softly,he wouldn't want his name 'demonised' in his region as an enemy after he's gone..
As for the PDP his allegiance/loyalty won't 'ave been brought into question but the way of GEJ's actions/policies (personal issues maybe involved I must admit) could've brought Obj to this dilemma of choice between these two corrupt parties
APC is a Yoruba party indeed.Guy carry argument enter one side.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by abu12: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2014
ideylaff:

Rubbing minds for progress of the NATION is quite far different from rubbing minds for "selfish interest + ego trips" ....

You think OBJ is not still pained about the people who thwarted his 3rd term plan sit with him privately and u will know how he still hurts

Also for Tinubu you think he really wants to see others become President when he himself will like to have a shot but handicapped by many
factors.

Lastly that visit might even be to satisfy OBJ's ego to make him feel very relevant.....if he was really relevant GEJ will be at his residence not David Mark.. simple truth

OBASANJO STATEMENT ON HIS LAST VISIT TO ASO ROCK AUGUST 28 2014, SO U NO WHO IS RELEVANT BETWEEN OBJ and GEJ

*The meeting was held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on the invitation of President Jonathan.
Chief Obasanjo, who confirmed his meeting with the President shortly after he arrived Abeokuta from Abuja, yesterday, said the meeting was purely on security matters.
When asked to confirm the meeting, Obasanjo said: "Yes, I can confirm that I met with Mr. President on his invitation. In fact,he had wanted to come down to Abeokuta, but as a sign of respect to the Office of the President, I had to go.We had discussion on the country's security issues and that is all."

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2014
lakamua:
They are asking one man for forgiveness and not the millions of voters. Whta does that tell you. Are they really planning on free and fair elections or pure rigging. You guys are shamelessly taking sides as if you are not nigerians and whoever rules is only obj's problem. When will people knw their rights in this country?

!bros i tire for nigerians o, like say obj alone na 30million votes him be. sha nigerians undermining thier rights since 1950
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2014
Political transfer: APC and PDP bidding for obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by mastengsynergy: 10:02am On Oct 05, 2014
I still have my respect for Experience and Wisdom where it matters. These are qualities of Baba Obasanjo. "What an elderly man sees sitting down, a young man can never see it let him climb the tallest mountain in the World". Nigeria story can not be completed without mentioning Obasanjo more than 20 times. Let's give it to him irrespective of our political differences and believe. GEJ knows he can't be on that seat without Obasanjo. It would have been difficult for the simple minority in this Country to ever become the President if not for Baba's Political calculations and his wealth of experience.
My own concern is just for Baba to drop the membership of any Political Party and sit in his Palace for Consultations, Political advises and Direction. What else does he want than to always thank God for all the Lord has done through him, with him and for him.
Long live Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by nerodenero: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Hate him or like him,the old man is still relevant than many of our past leaders.

I'd advice he maintains the role of an elder-stateman.He has seen it all.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Sunday17: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2014
Any party obasanjo follow will surely win. don't ask me y.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by brainpower(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2014
ideylaff:

factors.

I get your point and it isn't far from what I'm saying. OBJ is power hungry, Tinubu knows he can't have it cos of the factors you talked about, GEJ is trying to thread carefully about this and that's why he didn't go. What do they all have in common? They want to be in control which means, none should be trusted especially the one that knows he can't get it at all.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Mordyb: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2014
abu12:
this your so called political theory is as baseless and fictional as those delusional boons &mills novels
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by SlimSkipper(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2014
understandin

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by maximunimpact(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2014
OBJ is not d most consulted past leader around, ppl don't know there is one man that wields so much infuence even in prison...........countless politicians still consult d Odidigbodigbo of Africa, chief onanefe Ibori, d man whose destiny is to rule Nigeria no matter how tough his ordeals are.....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by samplegirl(f): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2014
The worst type of people in life are those type of people who sit on the fence. They never go left or right. No yes no no. Not hot not cold. Beware of them. My bible say we should spew them out of our mouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Sign Of Major Crack Within Ruling Party, Tinubu Takes On Buhari’s Minister / Rivers Rerun: Army Intercepts Bus Loaded With "Thugs Loyal To PDP" In Khana (Pic / Osinbajo Barred Guests From Taking Photos At The Wedding Of His Daughter To Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.