Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC (34608 Views)

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack / "Shi'ites: Why People Are Indifferent To The Killings In Zaria" - Vanguard / ‘saddened But Indifferent', Wole Soyinka Answers Rivers State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Bizibi(m): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2014
brainpower:

I get your point and it isn't far from what I'm saying. OBJ is power hungry, Tinubu knows he can't have it cos of the factors you talked about, GEJ is trying to thread carefully about this and that's why he didn't go. What do they all have in common? They want to be in control which means, none should be trusted especially the one that knows he can't get it at all.
all what you said is true these guys are protecting their interest in the long run.....power is an alcohol and it cannot be controlled if the individual is too desperate to keep it...
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Blackheritage: 10:43am On Oct 05, 2014
ShehuAba:
Baba iyabo, you better let the whole world know where you truly belong, Before it's too late.

But one thing tells me that, He might later work for that "OTUOKE MAN".

Time shall tell.
That's if lamido sanusi lamido is made the vice presidential candidate. Or a spoiler joker will be at hand. I trust him OBJ
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by shoboy9: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2014
Good chap. One of the few reasonable fellows in nigerian politics. Corrupt fellows will always hate him but that is expected.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by eunisam: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2014
Nigeria will be a better place without obj and co.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by synergycom19: 11:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Stelvin101:
Baba Iyabo. One weird thing about this man is Nobody truly understand this man, you can't read his mind or know his next line of action. I doubt if his own children understands him
That's the characteristics of a leader
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by xtervaganza(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2014
pro01:
Until you tell me exactly how much influence Obasanjo has on the voting decision of xyz number of voters (including party convention delegates and the general electorate), you haven't said anything. The so-called visits to the Ota chicken farmer are merely social, goodwill visits. Much like how you might periodically check on your old, terminally ill uncle in the village to see how he is faring. . .
can't find a word to describe your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by adonis89(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
publicenemy:
President Obasanjo... Nigeria"s best president ever.

Very wise man...unlike this dickless daft whose wife controls.
remember d dickless daft is better dan ur father and evn rules ur father. Wat has ur father achieved. Big fool. So u can't comment without insulting d highest position of d country. Animal like u

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by xtervaganza(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2014
maximunimpact:
OBJ is not d most consulted past leader around, ppl don't know there is one man that wields so much infuence even in prison...........countless politicians still consult d Odidigbodigbo of Africa, chief onanefe Ibori, d man whose destiny is to rule Nigeria no matter how tough his ordeals are.....
an ex convict can't assume political office

Is stoopid your name?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by ojobekehinde: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2014
people just open their mouth and close it any how,what has GEJ done to OBJ.did he offend him in d real sense of it.let OBJ go and die for all what I care.beg for what,nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Heamah: 11:35am On Oct 05, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

!bros i tire for nigerians o, like say obj alone na 30million votes him be. sha nigerians undermining thier rights since 1950

You have no idea of politics. It is not as simple as you think. Winning one man can actually at times imply winning 30million votes

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by honey001(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2014
I thought some folks here said OBJ is no more relevant in Naija Politics....... Why are the two major parties perambulating his territorial edifice?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by wisenewgem(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2014
OBJ can never throw his weight on any party that isn't the rulling party he is a wise man.
The earlier APC forgets the 2015 election the better for them let them invest their strength in somewhere else

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by deletrue: 11:46am On Oct 05, 2014
size38:
Since Baba OBJ is still a card carrying member of the PDP, I advice GEJ to go to Baba and ask for forgiveness himself. Not by sending senate president, David Mark. If it is to abuse APC and Amaechi, GEJ is ready to open his mouth and talk for 48 hours. GEJ is the one seeking to be re elected as the president of Naija and not David Mark. So GEJ should go himself
Are you a human being? Can you tell us when and where GEJ has abused any Nigerian much less talking of abusing Amaechi etc? Am convinced that you are absent minded and does not know anything or issues in this country. Final fullstop.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by josite: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2014
failed politicians.it is d man that ruled for over a decade and dragged to the marketplacer that will foster a new future for nigeria.it is time to boycott all elections if there is no credible candiates to vote for?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Afroconnect: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba this is the time for recompense,the Nation Nigeria has benefited you and your lot greatly...I expect you to start giving back to society,creating employment opportuinities for young Nigerians with the billions of usd you have stashed in foreign bonds, asset management companies.
liasing with politicians and still politricking at this age is won't be reasonable at all.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Billygee2u: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
xtervaganza:
you're a sad fool

Presidents and potential presidents were seeking his support and never do well, low life, nobody like you keep asking yourself who cares
see how you keep exposing your ignorance and ill-mannered life .
what brought about insulting yourself?do you known me before ?
one thing I am 100%sure of, is that ,in your
entire life,you can't smell or get to the position
I am currently.
may God have mercy on you and move you
from frog-like life to somebody responsible .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by nedu2000(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
M4gunners:
APC is a Yoruba party indeed.Guy carry argument enter one side.
"is d party for the yoruba people" is different from "is a yoruba party"

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by M4gunners: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
nedu2000:
"is d party for the yoruba people" is different from "is a yoruba party"
I knew it already that you are an argumentator. Abeg make i watch Ftball.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by limamintruth: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
ShehuAba:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
remains indifferent to the pressures
coming from the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) and the All Progressives
Congress (APC), which both sent
emissaries to him on Friday asking for his
support, LEADERSHIP Sunday can now
authoritatively reveal.

The leadership of the APC, represented by
one of its national leaders, Asiwaju
BolaTinubu; former deputy chairman
(South), Segun Oni, and a few others
were in Abeokuta to lobby Obasanjo over
the coming general elections.
On the other hand, the Senate President,
David Mark, and some chieftains of the
ruling PDP also came calling, apparently
on behalf of both the Presidency and the
leadership of the party, asking Obasanjo
kto “forgive and forget the past” and begin
working for the party as it prepares for
the same election.

According to inside sources, both groups
were given the desired audience they
sought for by Obasanjo, but he “refused
to give his word” to either of the
emissaries.
“Both of them had separate audience with
Baba (Obasanjo). They came to lobby him
for their parties against next year’s
general elections, but he refused to give
his word to either of them,” a source
disclosed.

Speaking in the same vein, another source
said, “Tinubu, like he told the journalists
around after the meeting, came to ask for
Baba Obasanjo’s support for his party. He
explained to him about the coming
presidential primaries of his party and the
leading aspirants, (General) Buhari, former
Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Kano
State Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso.
j“He asked Baba if he had anyone at heart
he would like to be the presidential
candidate since he knows the three of
them, but Baba appreciated the trust
Tinubu has in him, but he reminded him
that he is still a PDP card-carrying
member, but as a former president, all the
parties in the country belong to him. He
advised Tinubu to let his party follow due
process as laid down by the Electoral Act
and the party’s constitution,” the source
said.

When it was the turn of the PDP, “David
Mark appreciated Baba for his love for the
jcountry and urged him to rekindle his love
for the PDP as former President and
former chairman, Board of Trustees of the
party. Although he refused to go into the
details, but he made reference to the cold
war between Baba and President
Jonathan and asked Baba to forgive and
forget the past,” the source said.
“Again, Baba thanked the delegation and
said he is always available to contribute
jihis best for the nation. He said whatever
jroles he deems fit, he would still play it.
Baba told him that he bears no grudge
iagainst the party, reminding the
delegation that he remains a strong
member of the PDP.”

Another source who corroborated what
we had been told however gave reasons
for the position of Obasanjo.
“You should not forget that Baba is not
only a retired general, but he has ruled
there country more than anyone else, either
living or dead, and he knows the
implication of giving promises to anyone.
I believe it is too early to predict what he
would do. There are three options left
before him: to forget the past and
campaign for Jonathan, though that
would hurt him because up till now,
Jonathan has not told Baba he is
contesting; to dump PDP and join APC, or
work for its candidate.

But if I may tell
you, the only person that could make that
happen is if somebody like Kwankwaso
emerges the candidate, which I doubt too
much; and the third option is for Baba to
be playing the role of an elder-statesman
who would not shut his doors against
whoever comes to him,” he concluded.

http://leadership.ng/news/386139/obasanjo-mark-tinubu-others-im-indifferent-pdp-apc

OBJ is a wise politician. Anyways, that is non of my biz sha. I pray n hope d best candidate wins.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
This man Thief Obasanjo is just like or cancer or septic wound that refuses to heal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uToGoP8fxaE&list=UUMQOLBMYxeVLCX3cUWfmbOQ
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Ad4(m): 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
The era of godfatherism must end in this country.That has been one of the reasons we can not practice full democracy in Nigeria.If I was GEJ,I will not beg OBJ for any reason! I will go all out and use all within my ability to ensure my return. After all,its all about the people.
OBJ,can not win any election even in his street at Abeokuta. He has been overrated over the years. His mates like IBB has left the stage and is allowing the younger generation to take the stage. If OBJ wants to be relevant,he better move up to an elder states man for his own good.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by deletrue: 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
kITATITA:

That's not fair at all. Obasanjo did his best for this country on the two separate occasions that he led. The country he led was more united while he was in power. I agree that he should be apolitical but don't think that OBJ should show indifference. Baba, please earn your pension.
You must be an individual with very poor knowledge about the happenings in this country. Do know that Obasanjo is worst than the tugs and aimless area boys in your area? Why must you attribute the unity of this country to Obasanjo's good governance? Just consider his age, he is a general in the army, his political period/ experience about this contry and then match all these with when he told the world that is GEJ training snippers (sharp shotters) against others. Is any human being less foolish then this man call Obasanjo? Let me tell you that if there is any political tugs who is fast in turning down a given system, that persons is Obasanjo. Why do you think Thiefnu.bu visited him? Did it not occur to you that apc will successful disorganise Atuki's political ambission if Obasanjo is used against him? He, Obasanjo is the fastest method of turning down any situation, especially when people take him for nothing and would not want their hands on any of his dealings, since there is nothing remaining of him. So why not allow him to continue in his directionless ways. No going back, those who are supposed to make us proud but prefers to humiliate Nigerians must be told their foolishness and uselessness.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by nedu2000(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
M4gunners:
I knew it already that you are an argumentator. Abeg make i watch Ftball.
I'll advise u skip the chelsea/arsenal game by 2pm,its certain defeat for your team
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by deletrue: 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
pro01:
Until you tell me exactly how much influence Obasanjo has on the voting decision of xyz number of voters (including party convention delegates and the general electorate), you haven't said anything. The so-called visits to the Ota chicken farmer are merely social, goodwill visits. Much like how you might periodically check on your old, terminally ill uncle in the village to see how he is faring. . .
Damn too perfect. Obasanjo to me, is just nothing. Untill he changes and begin to turn new leaf, we will continue to regard him a total loss percentage to Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ad4:
The era of godfatherism must end in this country.That has been one of the reasons we can not practice full democracy in Nigeria.If I was GEJ,I will not beg OBJ for any reason! I will go all out and use all within my ability to ensure my return. After all,its all about the people.
OBJ,can not win any election even in his street at Abeokuta. He has been overrated over the years. His mates like IBB has left the stage and is allowing the younger generation to take the stage. If OBJ wants to be relevant,he better move up to an elder states man for his own good.
. Well said!
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by deletrue: 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
omenka:
Wise men care and that's why they keep consulting with him. But I don't expect kids with no idea about the mechanics of Nigerian politics to.

Obj is just waiting to see in which direction the tide is flowing before taking a plunge.

Wise old fox. smiley
Can you imagine the way you reason. According to you Obasanjo is waiting to follow a favourable tide to follow. Meaning, he is just a follow follow and does not have any old aged brain to stand firm on good grands and offer Nigerians advice that will make people to remember him. Damn you and your likes. You are the people that does not allows those class of Nigerians to change for better. You encourage foolishness to grow and at the end, this country will continue in downward turn and increase hopelesness.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by publicenemy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
adonis89:
remember d dickless daft is better dan ur father and evn rules ur father. Wat has ur father achieved. Big fool. So u can't comment without insulting d highest position of d country. Animal like u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Removal As Emir Won’t Cause Any Crisis In Kano / Fact Check: Are Bishops, Pastors Who Attended Shettima's Unveiling Fake? / Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.