Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,789 members, 7,813,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC (34609 Views)

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack / "Shi'ites: Why People Are Indifferent To The Killings In Zaria" - Vanguard / ‘saddened But Indifferent', Wole Soyinka Answers Rivers State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
[size=15pt]OBJ NEVER FORGIVES SO JONATHAN SHOULD FORGET ANY SUPPORT FROM HIM

BEST THING IS OBASANJO JUST STAYS AN ELDER STATESMAN AND STOP BEING PARTISAN.[/size]
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by M4gunners: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
nedu2000:
I'll advise u skip the chelsea/arsenal game by 2pm,its certain defeat for your team
Hahaha I'm sure you wrote this from Sabisa bro . Don't worry when you get home they will inform you about our new signing(Welbeck and Sanchez.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by IbokUtoroh(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
Heamah:

You have no idea of politics. It is not as simple as you think. Winning one man can actually at times imply winning 30million votes

what will it profit u if u win obj's vote n lose ur integrity?
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Thief Obasanjo can never support Buhari.
No looter ever supports Buhari so do not be fooled he knows which party would allow him to enjoy his loot.
chrisbaba1:
[size=15pt]OBJ NEVER FORGIVES SO JONATHAN SHOULD FORGET ANY SUPPORT FROM HIM

BEST THING IS OBASANJO JUST STAYS AN ELDER STATESMAN AND STOP BEING PARTISAN.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by juman(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hiss

He rebuilt his farms to multibillions naira farms, but could not build just one public institution in eight years.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Cabsso(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Buhari wahala instead of him 2go nd rest leavin young men 2do d job his headach sha cos am sure he wunt smell Aso-rock, kwankwaso is d best candidate Apc has so far ma opinion.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Kingspin(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
OBJ, with or without any word is a PDP member. He has nt yet deflected to the APC.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by 3plestar(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
ShehuAba:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
remains indifferent to the pressures
coming from the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) and the All Progressives
Congress (APC), which both sent
emissaries to him on Friday asking for his
support, LEADERSHIP Sunday can now
authoritatively reveal.

The leadership of the APC, represented by
one of its national leaders, Asiwaju
BolaTinubu; former deputy chairman
(South), Segun Oni, and a few others
were in Abeokuta to lobby Obasanjo over
the coming general elections.
On the other hand, the Senate President,
David Mark, and some chieftains of the
ruling PDP also came calling, apparently
on behalf of both the Presidency and the
leadership of the party, asking Obasanjo
kto “forgive and forget the past” and begin
working for the party as it prepares for
the same election.

According to inside sources, both groups
were given the desired audience they
sought for by Obasanjo, but he “refused
to give his word” to either of the
emissaries.
“Both of them had separate audience with
Baba (Obasanjo). They came to lobby him
for their parties against next year’s
general elections, but he refused to give
his word to either of them,” a source
disclosed.

Speaking in the same vein, another source
said, “Tinubu, like he told the journalists
around after the meeting, came to ask for
Baba Obasanjo’s support for his party. He
explained to him about the coming
presidential primaries of his party and the
leading aspirants, (General) Buhari, former
Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Kano
State Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso.
j“He asked Baba if he had anyone at heart
he would like to be the presidential
candidate since he knows the three of
them, but Baba appreciated the trust
Tinubu has in him, but he reminded him
that he is still a PDP card-carrying
member, but as a former president, all the
parties in the country belong to him. He
advised Tinubu to let his party follow due
process as laid down by the Electoral Act
and the party’s constitution,” the source
said.

When it was the turn of the PDP, “David
Mark appreciated Baba for his love for the
jcountry and urged him to rekindle his love
for the PDP as former President and
former chairman, Board of Trustees of the
party. Although he refused to go into the
details, but he made reference to the cold
war between Baba and President
Jonathan and asked Baba to forgive and
forget the past,” the source said.
“Again, Baba thanked the delegation and
said he is always available to contribute
jihis best for the nation. He said whatever
jroles he deems fit, he would still play it.
Baba told him that he bears no grudge
iagainst the party, reminding the
delegation that he remains a strong
member of the PDP.”

Another source who corroborated what
we had been told however gave reasons
for the position of Obasanjo.
“You should not forget that Baba is not
only a retired general, but he has ruled
there country more than anyone else, either
living or dead, and he knows the
implication of giving promises to anyone.
I believe it is too early to predict what he
would do. There are three options left
before him: to forget the past and
campaign for Jonathan, though that
would hurt him because up till now,
Jonathan has not told Baba he is
contesting; to dump PDP and join APC, or
work for its candidate.

But if I may tell
you, the only person that could make that
happen is if somebody like Kwankwaso
emerges the candidate, which I doubt too
much; and the third option is for Baba to
be playing the role of an elder-statesman
who would not shut his doors against
whoever comes to him,” he concluded.

http://leadership.ng/news/386139/obasanjo-mark-tinubu-others-im-indifferent-pdp-apc
come rain come sun 'O.M.O' ....
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by omenka(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
deletrue:
Can you imagine the way you reason. According to you Obasanjo is waiting to follow a favourable tide to follow. Meaning, he is just a follow follow and does not have any old aged brain to stand firm on good grands and offer Nigerians advice that will make people to remember him. Damn you and your likes. You are the people that does not allows those class of Nigerians to change for better. You encourage foolishness to grow and at the end, this country will continue in downward turn and increase hopelesness.
Get an education and quit this attitude of always going on a long expedition of incoherent rants.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by jayonpoint(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jenams:
Since Baba OBJ is still a card carrying
member of the PDP, wat tinubu did amounts to anti party activity.
Before u talk study d political space n patern of Nigeria politics. The likes of Obj dnt play dat kind of politics u're insinuating. He's a father of d nation, his passion for Nigeria known no bond...go study his early days n why he was a president three occasion tyms. U can't compare OBJ's presidency to GEJ, in terms of int'l politics, economic wise, fight against corrupt even if though as it was believed in some quarters dat it was used to fight his perceived political enemies bt there was a gud impression @fightin an endemic to its logical conclusion. OBJ provided strong leadership in Africa, d space wch fits d status of Nigeria in Africa n in d int'l community. Today, under GEJ all aforementioned its a shadow. D poverty index increases by d hour, corruption on d high spray, division in all segments ever. We're more divided than in d last 10yrs. Int'l respect gone n replaced by int'l scam..clueless n inept to mention bt a few. God hhelp us save our country frm d hands of associate thieves in d in d corridor of power. GEJ is a bigger thief n a serial liar..an underdog president of Nigeria ever. Nw I xpect insults frm a section of d country..u soon knw dem

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by jamace(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
What OBJ is doing now amounts to the famous "maradonic move", a little to the left, a little to the right, so that he can easily jump into the winning side and claim glory. Nigerians should be smart o. Baba is playing the tortoise trick of "My name is all of you" grin
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by DaBullIT(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
This just in Obasanjo declares his support for APC as his choice for 2015 general election

Stating that even though he founded PDP , those running the country under the flag of PDP have lost their way and destroyed the principles of forming the party

There's nothing to forgive or forget. Obasanjo first page Nigerian dailies

grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by nijanigga: 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Those saying Obj was irrelevant,what do you have to say now?
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
This Mab is just over hyped.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by slimsquad2000: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by deletrue: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
omenka:
Get an education and quit this attitude of always going on a long expedition of incoherent rants.
I am explaining throughly who this Obasanjo is to you and you are saying I am not clear and logical. One, as old as that man is, he remains a great disappointment and that no body should even think of praising him since his totality is of no significant to any Nigerian, not even to his family, especially considering the accusation he made against GEJ and till date no proof is provided. Unless you are saying you have very low thinking faculty, you should be able to evaluate the meaning of training snippers to kill people. It is capable of causing trouble. Now, tell me what is incoherent here? Tell me the benefit of having that kind of old man? That if you people should continue to praise him, especially on national issues, you are only increasing his foolishness as well as others like him, thereby increasing frustration and hopeleness of people who are out there wanting the upward movement of this country. What is incoherent here? You said Obasanjo is just waiting to follow, meaning he is hopeless, carrying with him an old brain without direction since he is only prepared to wait and then follow. So, what is incoherent here? I expect you to reason well and fire people like him and simlar others. I think I have made sufficient points here. Nonsense.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by deletrue: 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
juman:
Hiss

He rebuilt his farms to multibillions naira farms, but could not build just one public institution in eight years.
cheers.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Greatchance: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
pro01:
Until you tell me exactly how much influence Obasanjo has on the voting decision of xyz number of voters (including party convention delegates and the general electorate), you haven't said anything. The so-called visits to the Ota chicken farmer are merely social, goodwill visits. Much like how you might periodically check on your old, terminally ill uncle in the village to see how he is faring. . .
Is hatred waging war against your reasoning ? or you are still deceived by the elementary theory that says majority rules
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Greatchance: 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
nijanigga:
Those saying Obj was irrelevant,what do you have to say now?
The have nothing to say than to wait for the day Jonathan will go and portrait in ota farm.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by suptol(m): 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
For your satisfied, classical graphic designs, kindly contact Suptol Designs. A brand for the job.

Below is a link to his portfolio and contact details.

https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Greatchance: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
IbokUtoroh:
what will it profit u if u win obj's vote n lose ur integrity?
which integrity does any politician has in nigeria that obj doesn't have
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by ideylaff: 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
xtervaganza:
ok. We don hear

Obasanjo is so irrelevant the Senate president visited him.

If I may ask, name one relevant person who has visited you or any member of your family?

Your statement smirks and bothers on stupidity and a total lack of respect to my person.. where in my post did I get abusive to you or any person on this forum in particular.

Cowards like you who hide behind the scene to abuse people is why Nairaland is fast becoming a joke

Lord forgive you for your ignorance....

The OBJ you are backing has never won a single election in his very own backyard/constituency before if |I may address the real issue at hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by poseidon12: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sometimes one wonders if we are really intelligent. This is the same Obasanjo that gave us sickly Yaradua and incompetent Gej. And he could not even win his ward. His daughter also lost election in his own state of Ogun. Yes, as a former president, OBJ is important; but he is overrated. He does not even have a good record as president. In a normal country, political office candidates will stay away from him.But not in Nigeria, a country of intrigues.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by thegoodone2(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
pro01:
Until you tell me exactly how much influence Obasanjo has on the voting decision of xyz number of voters (including party convention delegates and the general electorate), you haven't said anything. The so-called visits to the Ota chicken farmer are merely social, goodwill visits. Much like how you might periodically check on your old, terminally ill uncle in the village to see how he is faring. . .
u are not a politician. anywhere OBJ go is where many governor in the north will go and more than half of Yoruba. GEJ till 2019 with support of OBJ. I like both of them personally.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by xtervaganza(m): 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
ideylaff:

Your statement smirks and bothers on stupidity and a total lack of respect to my person.. where in my post did I get abusive to you or any person on this forum in particular.

Cowards like you who hide behind the scene to abuse people is why Nairaland is fast becoming a joke

The OBJ you are backing has never won a single election in his very own backyard/constituency before if |I may address the real issue at hand
you're the biggest twerp to walk on this earth

When u speak from your @rse like you did earlier and now, it's not just an insult to me but a huge insult to my intelligence and d whole of nairaland.

Obasanjo has never won an election in his ward? Cute. But he won a nationwide general election not once but twice

And if nairaland Is a joke then you're a clown or a born eternal fool for visiting the site.

Once again, you're an twerp
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by xtervaganza(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
Billygee2u:

see how you keep exposing your ignorance and ill-mannered life .
what brought about insulting yourself?do you known me before ?
one thing I am 100%sure of, is that ,in your
entire life,you can't smell or get to the position
I am currently.
may God have mercy on you and move you
from frog-like life to somebody responsible .

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

See this oloriburuku somebody?

Please tell me your position or the position you wish to find yourself

Nonentity like you will come online and brag about what you don't have

Ori e ti daru
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by fortunejum: 5:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
pro01:
You are correct.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Orunto: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Very good indeed. That is how to be Excellent Consulting Elder State Politician. May Wasobia bless OBJ yanfu yanfu.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by emmygzy(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
kITATITA:
Obasanjo is useful to Nigeria, especially at the international fora. OBJ has friends he can pick phone and talk to at any time; friends like Jimmy Carter and Bill Gates. His friendship with Gates brought in the Gates Foundation. The Foundation provided support for the tuberculosis and other infectious diseases clinic which formed the foundation for successful containment of Ebola virus in Nigeria. OBJ was friends with leaders of Britain, South Africa, Ghana, Botswana, etc. Now what influence do we have outside the country. Our president doesn't even wield influence outside Niger Delta. Just hangers on and leeches singing 'no one but you'.
youre right, he was even the african union chairman when he was the president. every african union meeting, he is always invited. he has a specially reserved sit. he is also a united nation head of election observer for africa.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by emmygzy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
ideylaff:

are you kidding me? wher ar u from? he was president for 8 years and he never won any election in his backyard? how come? was it not PDP that was ruling ogunstate when he was the president of Nigeria? always think before you talk. if he is not important, Tinubu and Jonathan wont be consulting him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by dammytosh: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
pro01:

Guess u were eligible to vote for the first time during the last election.

Politics is not the comprehension passage you answer in waec
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by juman(m): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
deletrue:
cheers.

cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Removal As Emir Won’t Cause Any Crisis In Kano / Fact Check: Are Bishops, Pastors Who Attended Shettima's Unveiling Fake? / Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.