Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207114 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
How do you accuse children of childishness!
Image123:

I wasn't joking, don't assume vaguely.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
poor fallible Paul. Who told him there is purposing in your heart? it is God's property id!ot

There is ZERO distinction between freewill and mandatory offering in the NT. Those are 500 years late imports from the OT.

Tithing was hard business. This is the ONLY reason the Pharisee who managed to keep the Laws felt like somebody, had to remind God that he did it. I can picture him with a constipated grin, 'I am not like other men'. Made him feel special. A guy doing 22% in tithes feels special. Another doing a paltry 10% is actually a goD. Little wonder they fete the 'best givers'
mbaemeka:

This is a stand you have to take to make your stance on tithing worth its salt. There is TITHING and there is FREEWILL GIVING. There is no fixed % on the latter but the former means 10% or one-tenth. It basically defines itself.

If anyone wants to tithe he MUST not give less than 10% otherwise it is not a tithe. Whereas if anyone wants to give anything freewillingly then he is free to do so underzero compulsion.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

This is a stand you have to take to make your stance on tithing worth its salt. There is TITHING and there is FREEWILL GIVING. There is no fixed % on the latter but the former means 10% or one-tenth. It basically defines itself.

If anyone wants to tithe he MUST not give less than 10% otherwise it is not a tithe. Whereas if anyone wants to give anything freewillingly then he is free to do so underzero compulsion.

Bro, you dropping these rhema like the Holy Spirit downloaded them into you, but I could not do these for them, for I gravely understood Paul as below.

[KJV] 1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

I found out that spiritual talk with them profiteth little, but I'm glad but a bit worried too you still give them in spirit, maybe for posterity sake though. My worries is in the latter part of what bro Paul, in verse 2 of above, wrote I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Let's give them in little doses these meat, hence they act as usual, as Paul wrote in veree 3

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

We know those envious of ministers and call them bad name just to hang them, we know those who spread strife and ask for opinions, ah! We know those who championed divisions among the brethren because they are 'exposing the truth for all' to see.

We will keep teaching, till Jesus come, meat and milk sha. We'd pray tyey accept meat. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bidam:
grin grin Gombs, who God has blessed no man can curse, i wonder why his paranoia.

He's afraid because of the mbaemeka incidence, where he almost had an accident after insisting for long that mba cursed him. He doesn't know that as a man thinks in his heart, so is he, and that words are powerful. He thinks that is just old Testament and prosperity gospel junk.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

Ha ha ha bro. I tire for the matter. I have encountered him before. He can switch positions like a contortionist and yet maintain that that had been his position all along. For example, can you see how circumcision was for ISRAEL AND ONLY ISRAEL yet Ismael was circumcised? Or how Abraham- a Gentile, was circumcised too? Mayhe Abraham didn't get the memo.

True gospelers!

grin

Abraham sure didn't. True gospel preachers at their best, and he wants me to commit to his teachings? Pheeeeew

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

My man, your stand is noted, but are you saying you never discoraged giving of tithes oustide the above numbered? In plain terms, are you saying you never condemned paying of tithes in its entirety?

i'm sure you saw etc after that list? the lies are actually inexhaustible and are proclaimed from pulpits everyday, everytime.

of course i've condemned preaching 'paying of tithes' as a christian doctrine in it's entirety.

P/S. Do you think its christian for oyaks, adeboye and robertson to tell those lies just to get folks to tithe?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
My broda,
That was sarcasm but it is well.

It is dangerous to appeal to numbers to stall doctrinal examination. It is two-edged, it really motivates the good guys just as it does the deluded guys. use them for anything else like vanity cat fights but not to gauge the truth.

Don't just hope am well, buy me a 128GB iPhone 6+ and it shall be well with my soul for the day wink

PS: make it space gray

I command that iPhone6+ to come into your hands in the name of Jesus!

Yes, the numbers were thrown up when NON-Bible truths or doctrines were discusssed. That's my point.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
Candour:

i'm sure you saw etc after that list? the lies are actually inexhaustible and are proclaimed from pulpits everyday, everytime.

of course i've condemned preaching 'paying of tithes' as a christian doctrine in it's entirety.

P/S. Do you think its christian for oyaks, adeboye and robertson to tell those lies just to get folks to tithe?

Good... but we've debated this over and over again. You place yourself under a curse by robbing God, you don't have to start a new gist about that for we have done that ages ago. Never has pastor chris or my pastor forced me to tithe, they taught me, I obeyed, saw marvellous benefits and I continued. Faith was my driving force bro!

Condemnation of tithing in its entirety is a nice confession from you, now my question is, "Can you show me one scripture that condemned tithing in the faintest of senses?"
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Amazing the nerves that bloke has, huh? grin grin

His fellow board member who sold his honesty and integrity for a morsel of pounded yam has the moral thought to tread same line he is, calling another ignorant and in denial, one wonders whether they discuss these in the board room!

Issues, context, doctrine!
You can't really handle these, can you?
I have thrown you a challenge. I await your response.
I have equally shown you how the Jerusalem Council knocked out the necessity for Christians to either be circumcised or be forced to tithe.
If you're teachable you will learn.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Good... but we've debated this over and over again. You place yourself under a curse by robbing God, you don't have to start a new gist about that for we have done that ages ago. Never has pastor chris or my pastor forced me to tithe, they taught me, I obeyed, saw marvellous benefits and I continued.

Condemnation of tithing in its entirety is a nice confession from you, now my question is, "Can you show me one scripture that condemned tithing in the faintest of senses?"

@the bold. Hagin, whom you rever so much doesnt agree with you, do you think he's lying? do you believe non tithers are going to hell?

Can you show one scripture to prove Abraham paid tithe from anything apart from spoils of war?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
poor fallible Paul. Who told him there is purposing in your heart? it is God's property id!ot
There is ZERO distinction between freewill and mandatory offering in the NT. Those are 500 years late imports from the OT.
Tithing was hard business. This is the ONLY reason the Pharisee who managed to keep the Laws felt like somebody, had to remind God that he did it. I can picture him with a constipated grin, 'I am not like other men'. Made him feel special. A guy doing 22% in tithes feels special. Another doing a paltry 10% is actually a goD. Little wonder they fete the 'best givers'

To make this your 'hard business' quips to make sense then the MOG that teach on tithes are not as greedy as you claim. Why, because they could have insisted on the 22% as stipulated by the law, yet they settled for a meagre 10%.

I can see how we have jumped from explaining Tithes pre-Mosaic to now asking for a distinction between freewill giving and tithes in the NT. Let me just chip in that there are actually 3 covenants in the bible:

Abrahamic covenant
Mosaic/ Old covenant
Christ/New covenant.

The one that was ABOLISHED is the OLD or Mosaic one. The Abrahamic one gave birth to the NEW one. So we can draw parallels between those covenants while we do away with the aspects that the NT expressly stated were now unnecessary.

Tithing was NEVER termed unnecessary again. I mean the one that Abraham did and he offered 10%. If anyone wants to tithe he MUST give atleast 10%. That's why it is called a tithe.

If you believe the contrary then provide one NT verse that lumps freewill offerings and tithes into one. Meanwhile Hebrews 7:7-8. Care to expound?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
trustman:

Issues, context, doctrine!
You can't really handle these, can you?
I have thrown you a challenge. I await your response.
I have equally shown you how the Jerusalem Council knocked out the necessity for Christians to either be circumcised or be forced to tithe.
If you're teachable you will learn.

I've clearly asked you not to quote me. Open a thread or go to the WoF thread, tag it F25 and write away your thoughts undisputed. You are full of errors and going into further Jerusalem/council/circumcision will not help your case.

See the teachable one who can learn! My goodness! Did you admit you learnt Abraham was not Isrealite? Of that Ishmael was circumcised, hence your theories were dead and superly carnal from an obsessed mind of a true gospel preacher crew.

Trustman, in simpler English, whenever you own up to your numerous blunder, let me know, then I can take you serious. Learn from Candour, though we don't agree in somethings, we are able to discuss and laugh and have headways. He NEVER make blunder like snakes and eve and Abraham being isrealite type of error.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
Candour:
@the bold. Hagin, whom you rever so much doesnt agree with you, do you think he's lying?

No, I think you are. Flip 90 pages back, you'd see Hagin quoting Mal 3:8, you doubt?

do you believe non tithers are going to hell?

No I don't.

Can you show one scripture to prove Abraham paid tithe from anything apart from spoils of war?

Ahn ahn bobo, you didn't answer me na.... Condemnation of tithing in its entirety is a nice confession from you, now my question is, "Can you show me one scripture that condemned tithing in the faintest of senses?"

Oblige me. Thanks

[/quote]
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

I've clearly asked you not to quote me. Open a thread or go to the WoF thread, tag it F25 and write away your thoughts undisputed. You are full of errors and going into further Jerusalem/council/circumcision will not help your case.

See the teachable one who can learn! My goodness! Did you admit you learnt Abraham was not Israelite? Of that Ishmael was circumcised, hence your theories were dead and superly carnal from an obsessed mind of a true gospel preacher crew.

Trustman, in simpler English, whenever you own up to your numerous blunder, let me know, then I can take you serious. Learn from Candour, though we don't agree in somethings, we are able to discuss and laugh and have headways. He NEVER make blunder like snakes and eve and Abraham being isrealite type of error.

Prove that the Jerusalem Council did not cancel out the necessity for circumcision and tithing. Your failure to do so will mean you admit it is so. 

Clearly paste the posts where according to you I made 'numerous blunders' for all to see. If you can't then I demand an apology for attempting to blackmail me. 

You and your clan are so eager to find faults rather than be objective. When you hit a brick wall you are pained. 

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Image123:

He's afraid because of the mbaemeka incidence, where he almost had an accident after insisting for long that mba cursed him. He doesn't know that as a man thinks in his heart, so is he, and that words are powerful. He thinks that is just old Testament and prosperity gospel junk.
Yeeepa! You nailed it. I thought as much, this debate is actually helping the poor fellow to believe scriptures and have a change of perspective.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

No, I think you are. Flip 90 pages back, you'd see Hagin quoting Mal 3:8, you doubt?

Hear Hagin on page 88

I've also heard preachers try to hammer Christians by quoting from Malachi chapter 3 saying that they are cursed if they don't pay tithes and give offerings. Obviously, this is not correct. While the people of Malachi's day were under the Law of Moses, the New Testament plainly declares that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law (Gal. 3:13).

Who is lying now? You or me?

No I don't.

Really? You call non tithers robbers, right? Where will a robber end up?

Ahn ahn bobo, you didn't answer me na.... Condemnation of tithing in its entirety is a nice confession from you, now my question is, "Can you show me one scripture that condemned tithing in the faintest of senses?"

Oblige me. Thanks

Something cannot stand on nothing. There'll not be need for this particular argument but for your claim that you follow Abraham to tithe (but of course rush to Moses via Malachi to ensure compliance utilizing the fear factor).

Now prove Abraham paid tithes on any thing apart from spoils of war. Then we can proceed to establishing whether we need anything condemned before we know it doesn't pertain to us.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
I'm gonna say this once...the Jerusalem council DID NOT cancel the out the necessity of circumcision and tithing. What they did was that they decided that Gentile converts to Christianity were not obligated to keep most of the Law of Moses, including the rules concerning circumcision of males.

Now, neither circumcision nor tithing has their inception in the Laws of Moses. And they were not obligated to keep most of the law because certain individuals came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved " . The council was prompt to debunk that. Same as I have been schooling you that circumcision NEVER made one righteous. They never as you claimed said tithing and circumcision were not necessary, they said circumcision was not necessary for righteousness. Abraham was declared righteous by faith even before circumcision.

The Council did, however, retain the prohibitions on eating blood, meat containing blood, and meat of animals not properly slain, and on fornication and idolatry, sometimes referred to as the Apostolic Decree orJerusalem Quadrilateral.

As you can see from above, the Law was not completely abolished, a fact mba, Joagbaje me, bidam has been teaching here for ages. Goshen360 the confused grace preacher never seem to comprehend this.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
The MoGs teach something totally ALIEN to scriptures; they invoke scriptures that talk about 22% to exact 10% from you and make you believe you have earned protection from the devourer. It is ignorance that makes them do so not absence of greed.

It is true there are three covenants ignoring Noah's which was more God-sided. Tithing was no part of the Abrahamic covenant any more than keeping concubines and slaves. These are things done under the covenant not parts of it

These are your favorite circular arguments. Tithing was not deemed unnecessary because the Levites and consequently Jewish Christians never demanded the same from Gentiles. Equally, Feasts,child dedication and turtledoves & Nazirite vows & uncleanness of women during their periods were never termed unnecessary because ONLY Jews did these. Jews were bound by these dregs of the Torah probably until 70 AD when the temple was destroyed.

This is what I told Gombs is Reductio ad Absurdum. It is absurd to CLING to EVERYTHING that was not deemed unnecessary.

How do you explain TOTAL absence of tithing principles invoked when giving exhortations were given?
Conjecture: The Jewish Christians and proselytes, do you think they gave their tithes to the Levites or to the apostles?
mbaemeka:

To make this your 'hard business' quips to make sense then the MOG that teach on tithes are not as greedy as you claim. Why, because they could have insisted on the 22% as stipulated by the law, yet they settled for a meagre 10%.

I can see how we have jumped from explaining Tithes pre-Mosaic to now asking for a distinction between freewill giving and tithes in the NT. Let me just chip in that there are actually 3 covenants in the bible:

Abrahamic covenant
Mosaic/ Old covenant
Christ/New covenant.

The one that was ABOLISHED is the OLD or Mosaic one. The Abrahamic one gave birth to the NEW one. So we can draw parallels between those covenants while we do away with the aspects that the NT expressly stated were now unnecessary.

Tithing was NEVER termed unnecessary again. I mean the one that Abraham did and he offered 10%. If anyone wants to tithe he MUST give atleast 10%. That's why it is called a tithe.

If you believe the contrary then provide one NT verse that lumps freewill offerings and tithes into one. Meanwhile Hebrews 7:7-8. Care to expound?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:
I'm gonna say this once...the Jerusalem council DID NOT cancel the out the necessity of circumcision and tithing. What they did was that they decided that Gentile converts to Christianity were not obligated to keep most of the Law of Moses, including the rules concerning circumcision of males.

Now, neither circumcision nor tithing has their inception in the Laws of Moses. And they were not obligated to keep most of the law because certain individuals came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved " . The council was prompt to debunk that. Same as I have been schooling you that circumcision NEVER made one righteous. They never as you claimed said tithing and circumcision were not necessary, they said circumcision was not necessary for righteousness. Abraham was declared righteous by faith even before circumcision.

The Council did, however, retain the prohibitions on eating blood, meat containing blood, and meat of animals not properly slain, and on fornication and idolatry, sometimes referred to as the Apostolic Decree orJerusalem Quadrilateral.

As you can see from above, the Law was not completely abolished, a fact mba, Joagbaje me, bidam has been teaching here for ages. Goshen360 the confused grace preacher never seem to comprehend this.

You're more confused than I thought cheesy cheesy cheesy

The only reason you people still want to teach the Law is FOR GAIN ASPECT. Even your pastor Chris taught that the Law was ABOLISHED but when it comes to using the Law the collect offerings and tithes and other stuffs, he who said the law was abolished will return to the law to use it. Dude, listen up, The Spirit of God is given to believers TO LEAD us instead of the law LEADING us. Why do YOU PEOPLE DECEIVE FOLKS USING SOME PARTS OF THE LAW where it is gainful to you.

King James Bible
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:9

Ask yourself, are you righteous (in Christ)?

2. Deal with these scriptures:

Romans 7 Amplified Bible (AMP)

7 Do you not know, brethren—for I am speaking to men who are acquainted with the Law—that legal claims have power over a person only for as long as he is alive?

2 For [instance] a married woman is bound by law to her husband as long as he lives; but if her husband dies, she is loosed and discharged from the law concerning her husband.

3 Accordingly, she will be held an adulteress if she unites herself to another man while her husband lives. But if her husband dies, the marriage law no longer is binding on her [she is free from that law]; and if she unites herself to another man, she is not an adulteress.

4 Likewise, my brethren, you have undergone death as to the Law through the [crucified] body of Christ, so that now you may belong to Another, to Him Who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God.

5 When we were living in the flesh (mere physical lives), the sinful passions that were awakened and aroused up by [what] the Law [makes sin] were constantly operating in our natural powers (in our bodily organs, [a]in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh), so that we bore fruit for death.

6 But now we are discharged from the Law and have terminated all intercourse with it, having died to what once restrained and held us captive. So now we serve not under [obedience to] the old code of written regulations, but [under obedience to the promptings] of the Spirit in newness [of life].

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
my brother,
your argument is fatally flawed
In 1 Corinthians, Paul CORRECTED the abuse of spiritual gifts by teaching them the right way not discarding the gifts.
In Acts 15,if the error was in attaching circumcision to salvation, then the correction should have entailed restoring circumcision to its rightful place. The Holy Spirit called circumcision and the rest of Torah a BURDEN totally unnecessary for the Gentiles.
Later, Paul would ONLY circumcise when pressured by the Circumcision group.

I have noticed you claim that circumcision has some merits such as 'identifying with the covenant'. I asked you to explain whether an uncircumcised Christian who does not 'identify with the covenant' is missing anything. Please do tell us what circumcision is necessary for if at all
Gombs:
[size=4pt]I'm gonna say this once...the Jerusalem council DID NOT cancel the out the necessity of circumcision and tithing. What they did was that they decided that Gentile converts to Christianity were not obligated to keep most of the Law of Moses, including the rules concerning circumcision of males.

Now, neither circumcision nor tithing has their inception in the Laws of Moses. And they were not obligated to keep most of the law because certain individuals came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved " . The council was prompt to debunk that. Same as I have been schooling you that circumcision NEVER made one righteous. [/size]They never as you claimed said tithing and circumcision were not necessary, they said circumcision was not necessary for righteousness. [size=4pt]Abraham was declared righteous by faith even before circumcision.

As you can see from above, the Law was not completely abolished, a fact mba, Joagbaje me, bidam has been teaching here for ages. Goshen360 the confused grace preacher never seem to comprehend this.[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
[quote author=Candour post=28363904]

Hear Hagin on page 88

Bobo, you've quoted him outta context, now flip your pages back to page 67, don't worry, see the pic below

color=#000099]I've also heard preachers try to hammer Christians by quoting from Malachi chapter 3 saying that they are cursed if they don't pay tithes and give offerings. Obviously, this is not correct. While the people of Malachi's day were under the Law of Moses, the New Testament plainly declares that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law (Gal. 3:13). [/color]

Who is lying now? You or me?

I still think you are grin . Howbeit, not exactly a lie
Notice he was against preachers hammering christians in a threat that they are cursed, I wrote he who doesn't places himself in a curse (limit yourselve from a set blessing) those are two different things o. Hagin was speaking about legalism, preachers using legalism to preach tithing. There is no curse as in a CURSE, the curse there was limiting yourself, that's why I wrote, "you put yourselves under one" not "God will curse you" undecided

Really? You call non tithers robbers, right? Where will a robber end up?

Robbing God has it's penatly here on earth, limiting yourselves from some blessings, He never said it has eternal consequences for robbing him.

Something cannot stand on nothing. There'll not be need for this particular argument but for your claim that you follow Abraham to tithe (but of course rush to Moses via Malachi to ensure compliance utilizing the fear factor).

Convinent answer...that means there are none. Ok

Now prove Abraham paid tithes on any thing apart from spoils of war. Then we can proceed to establishing whether we need anything condemned before we know it doesn't pertain to us.

If it was only wars, how come his grandson had enough knowledge to tithe, noting Jacob didn't fight a war?

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

Actually bro, no mog, no matter how crooked can defend 22% as tithe for christians. it's not honesty keeping them from it; it's common sense and the knowledge that they'll be biting off more than they can chew if they dare.

imagine bringing Deut 14:22-29 and Deut 26:12 into the fray to demand 22%?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
my brother,
your argument is fatally flawed
In 1 Corinthians, Paul CORRECTED the abuse of spiritual gifts by teaching them the right way not discarding the gifts.
In Acts 15,if the error was in attaching circumcision to salvation, then the correction should have entailed restoring circumcision to its rightful place. The Holy Spirit called circumcision and the rest of Torah a BURDEN totally unnecessary for the Gentiles.

I have noticed you claim that circumcision has some merits such as 'identifying with the covenant'. I asked you to explain whether a Christian who does not 'identify with the covenant' is missing anything. Please do tell us what circumcision is necessary for if at all

These guys are our brother but they have no mercy as to twisting scriptures. Imagine Gombs and others saying such about circumcision tied to the Abrahamic covenant and saying "some part of the law" still exist. They teach that to remain the "aspect" of the law they want to use as gains to deceive folks. Gombs is another fraud of CE in apprentice school and in training. Isreal was completely blind to "purpose and right application of the laws of Moses". This is the same way many legalistic brethren and perverting the application of the law especially those who want to mix the law with Grace of God. I once told Bidam, Christ is the substance in the law BUT they want to teach the law as obligation that still exist while Christ already fulfilled the realities. We have much works to do in the church than on the street.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
@Gombs pls check your mail. Thanks! grin grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
@ Gombs, Get yourself more confused with this teaching from your hero(es): grin grin grin

Joagbaje:
Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

The verse above makes it clear that Jesus has abolished the law of commandments, contained in ordinances, given to the Jews in the Old Testament. He fulfilled them and abolished them. The laws and commandments of the Old Testament are not relevant to the new creation in Christ Jesus. It’s therefore wrong for you to live your life trying to obey the Law.

Hebrews 7:12
"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

The Lord Jesus became our High Priest in the New Testament, not in the order of the Aaronic or Levitical priesthood, but in the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 7:17&21). This signifies an eternal priesthood; a new priesthood, headed by Jesus Christ, different from what obtained in the Old Testament.
Now, the importance of that is this: Jesus Christ has become our High Priest, and He’s not the High Priest of the Old Testament Law; He has a new law. Remember what we read in Hebrews 7:12, that a change in priesthood automatically means a change of the Law. Since the priesthood has been changed and Jesus Christ is now our High Priest in the New Testament, the law has also been changed. That’s why Jesus said in

John 13:34,
"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another

Love has replaced all the laws and ordinances of the Old Testament (Read Romans 13:8-10)

. In Matthew 22:37-40
"…Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.".

‎​This however doesn’t mean that the Old Testament is not useful to us today.

Romans 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

The things written in the Old Testament have been written only for our learning; they’re not the revelations by which we live today as new creations in Christ. Now learn more of what it is to walk in love.

The Law Has Been Abolished

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Thank you for following my counsel, watch brains at work from the sidelines.

PS: Jeering is allowed. Cheering too cheesy
Bidam:
Yeeepa! You nailed it. I thought as much, this debate is actually helping the poor fellow to believe scriptures and have a change of perspective.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:
@Gombs pls check your mail. Thanks! grin grin grin

Nothing yet o!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Thank you for following my counsel, watch brains at work from the sidelines.

PS: Jeering is allowed. Cheering too cheesy

I knew you're a masterpiece when I first starting reading your stuff and high intellectual questions. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Bobo, you've quoted him outta context, now flip your pages back to page 67, don't worry, see the pic below

I still think you are grin . Howbeit, not exactly a lie

Notice he was against preachers hammering christians in a threat that they are cursed, I wrote he who doesn't places himself in a curse (limit yourselve from a set blessing) those are two different things o.

my friend don dey speak in tongues grin
see what you said that started the discussion

Gombs:

Good... but we've debated this over and over again. You place yourself under a curse by robbing God, you don't have to start a new gist about that for we have done that ages ago.

let me paraphrase for you. Hagin said ''preachers who quote malachi to tell christians they're cursed for not tithing are obviously not correct'' that shouldnt be difficult to agree on na?

Robbing God has it's penatly here on earth, He never said it has eternal consequences for robbing him.

where will a robber who refuses to stop robbing end up?

Convinent answer...that means there are none. Ok

so you can't answer?

If it was only wars, how come his grandson had enough knowledge to tithe, noting Jacob didn't fight a war?

the bible said it was only a tenth of the spoils of war.

Hebrews 7:4 KJV
Now consider how great this man was , unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

his grandson wasn't tithing. Jacob vowed to give a tenth to God contingent upon God meeting some conditions. Was that how Abraham traded tithe of spoils of war with Melchizedek or God?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

These guys are our brother but they have no mercy as to twisting scriptures. Imagine Gombs and others saying such about circumcision tied to the Abrahamic covenant and saying "some part of the law" still exist. They teach that to remain the "aspect" of the law they want to use as gains to deceive folks. Gombs is another fraud of CE in apprentice school and in training. Isreal was completely blind to "purpose and right application of the laws of Moses". This is the same way many legalistic brethren and perverting the application of the law especially those who want to mix the law with Grace of God. I once told Bidam, Christ is the substance in the law BUT they want to teach the law as obligation that still exist while Christ already fulfilled the realities. We have much works to do in the church than on the street.
Abeg comot for road.Why you dey carry us go back again? Did you read the posts of others at all?

You are very much guilty of what vooks wrongly observed about me.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by MostHigh: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

His lack of comprehension is the Lords design.

For I shall separate the sheep from the goat.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bidam:
Abeg comot for road.Why you dey carry us go back again? Did you read the posts of others at all?

You are very much guilty of what vooks wrongly observed about me.

Oga Ade, park well make we see road. I have told you you need to slow down entering a curve. You're entering a curve at the speed meant for straight dry pavement. Slow down and learn!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.