Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207188 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Don't unwind by mocking the diseased. Joking with diseases shows your insensitivity to plight of the sufferers. Image123 has the guts to joke about blindness with MarkMiwerds a physically blind man.

If you want to insult me all day, please do. But don't mock the underprivileged. That is a line I won't cross. You do it again and I will not respond to you. When your brains overheat from imbibing my God-given wisdom, and you want me to stop, just mock the diseased and I will stop right away

No one in Christ is diseased.Get that and you are home free. I keep wondering why folks like you keep propagating a diseased false demonic gospel.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 8:44am On Nov 26, 2014
Matters Arising

On the issue of circumcision I want to believe we're now in agreement that it is NOT a precondition for anything today for the Christian. 

That was what Romans 4 clearly explained. 
"9 Is this blessing then only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We say that faith was counted to Abraham as righteousness.
10 How then was it counted to him? Was it before or after he had been circumcised? It was not after, but before he was circumcised.
11 He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,"

This agrees with the position at the Jerusalem Council. At that council  this was said about some of them: "But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses." (Acts 15:9). 

At the end of the council the Apostles and others agreed through the Holy Spirit to this: "28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements:
29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell."

That decision through the Holy Spirit cancelled any necessity for physical circumcision as a precondition for anything in the spiritual life of the Christian.  

That decision also cancelled the necessity for any other observance, such as TITHING, as a requirement under the spiritual life of the Christian.

In addition, there is NOWHERE in scripture that talks about nor recommend the so-called 'tithing by faith'. Not one.  So, trying to justify the necessity for tithing by such a name is a fallacy. 

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 8:46am On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:
No, they can't!

My turn! Should one encourage a Christian to stop tithing? If yes, why?

vooks:
No they should not. Why would you discourage tithing?
You should, if anything, try to understand their motivation.

If I told you am selling all my properties and giving it to your church, would you as my pastor not be interested to know why am doing it? What if I told you am selling all because the Lord is coming back in the next 6 months? Would you take it?

Gombs:
Ah! Finally a breakthrough. Cc: WinsomeX, Candour, Shedemidemi, babagnoni, mand the rest of the crew. Come and take notes o grin

I know you didnt drive down to the IPPC CONFERENCE but still believe you are familiar with and/or understand the above Highway Code signs
- one is a prohibition/order sign the other is a warning sign

As far as I know, no one as in, not WinsomeX, Candour, Shdemidemi, trustman and the rest of the crew have given the first sign but rather it has been a case of waving or flagging the second sign (i.e. the Warning sign)

So now Gombs, should one encourage a Christian to WARN about tithing
If Yes, why discourage a Christian to WARN on tithing then?. Why STOPPING a Christian to give WARNING(s) on tithing?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:46am On Nov 26, 2014
Why then should you curse a fellow believer with schizophrenia?
Don't do that again. Polish your jokes
Bidam:
No one in Christ is diseased.Get that and you are home free. I keep wondering why folks like you keep propagating a diseased false demonic gospel.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:

You acted like you were na! grin. Besides, he didn't curse you, why ar e you making a mountain outta a termite hill? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Ok, my apologies then, but don't forget you are also guilty of the same thing you accuse me of, you once mentioned curing my disease in your post. grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

You acted like you were na! grin. Besides, he didn't curse you, why ar e you making a mountain outta a termite hill? undecided
grin grin Gombs, who God has blessed no man can curse, i wonder why his paranoia.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:07am On Nov 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

I know you didnt drive down to the IPPC CONFERENCE but still believe you understand the above highway code signs
- one is a prohibition/order sign the other is a warning sign

As far as I know, no one has given the first sign but rather it has been a case of waving or flagging the second sign

So now Gombs, should one encourage a Christian to WARN about tithing
If Yes, why discourage a Christian to WARN on tithing then?. Why STOPPING a Christian to give WARNING(s) on tithing?

You can warn a Christian to stop tithing iF AND ONLY IF you have a scripture condeming tithing in its entirety. Until then, you have no right or set of rights, jurisdiction either comically, morally, theologically or arbitrarily to try and manipulate, conjure, coerce and/or lie to anyone to STOP or WARN them about paying their tithes.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by BabaGnoni: 9:09am On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:
You can warn a Christian to stop tithing iF AND ONLY IF you have a scripture condeming tithing in its entirety. Until then, you have no right or set of rights, jurisdiction either comically, morally, theologically or arbitrarily to try and manipulate, conjure, coerce and/or lie to anyone to STOP or WARN them about paying their tithes.
^^^
I give up. Facepalm. SMH

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 9:11am On Nov 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
I give up. Facepalm. SMH

Wise choice buddy! You cannot blockbthe sun with one finger. Go and sin no more, your sins are forgiven you.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:14am On Nov 26, 2014
There is something sick about mocking diseased and the physically handicapped.
Gombs:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:15am On Nov 26, 2014
AM guilty, profuse apologies my broda. I can't recall doing it but apologies nevertheless
Bidam:
Ok, my apologies then, but don't forget you are also guilty of the same thing you accuse me of, you once mentioned curing my disease in your post. grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2014
It is insensitivity to the diseased that is sickening not vooks falling ill
Bidam:
grin grin Gombs, who God has blessed no man can curse, i wonder why his paranoia.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 9:23am On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs still insist that physical circumcision is a means of identifying with the promise.
Circumcision has ZERO spiritual value to no Christian. Can he confirm that he stands by this?

Gombs:

We've said it here, physical circumcision only means you identify with the promises, but it does not make you righteous.

What is 'identifying with the promise'? Are the uncircumcised Christians disadvantaged in ANY way for not 'identifying with the promise'?
trustman:
Matters Arising

On the issue of circumcision I want to believe we're now in agreement that it is NOT a precondition for anything today for the Christian. 
[size=4pt]
That was what Romans 4 clearly explained. 
"9 Is this blessing then only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We say that faith was counted to Abraham as righteousness.
10 How then was it counted to him? Was it before or after he had been circumcised? It was not after, but before he was circumcised.
11 He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,"

This agrees with the position at the Jerusalem Council. At that council  this was said about some of them: "But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses." (Acts 15:9). 

At the end of the council the Apostles and others agreed through the Holy Spirit to this: "28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements:
29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell."

That decision through the Holy Spirit cancelled any necessity for physical circumcision as a precondition for anything in the spiritual life of the Christian.  

That decision also cancelled the necessity for any other observance, such as TITHING, as a requirement under the spiritual life of the Christian.

In addition, there is NOWHERE in scripture that talks about nor recommend the so-called 'tithing by faith'. Not one.  So, trying to justify the necessity for tithing by such a name is a fallacy. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
AM guilty, profuse apologies my broda. I can't recall doing it but apologies nevertheless
It is well bro..here it is.
vooks:

This is the disease I was talking about
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2014
Bidam:
It is well bro..here it is.
vooks:
This is the disease I was talking about; butting into discussions that have nothing to do with you WITHOUT understanding them.

Don't be mischievous by quoting half-truths to make us equal. I made it clear what your problem with.
Whenever you do that,
1. You disrupt a debate that had nothing to do with you
2. Waste my time in bringing you to speed to the subject
3.Waste other participants' time as they patiently wait for you to be brought to speed

Compare that with calling me schizophrenic out of blues and prescribing drugs. And worse is REPEATING the same after apologizing. It means your apology was mere lip service. You have even infected Gombs with the disease

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:

Don't be mischievous by quoting half-truths to make us equal. I made it clear what your problem with.
Whenever you do that,
1. You disrupt a debate that had nothing to do with you
2. Waste my time in bringing you to speed to the subject
3.Waste other participants' time as they patiently wait for you to be brought to speed

Compare that with calling me schizophrenic out of blues and prescribing drugs. And worse is REPEATING the same after apologizing. It means your apology was mere lip service. You have even infected Gombs with the disease
Quit the utter nonsense, you said you never called me such, i highlighted where you did, so what's all this misleading misinformation you have against me which are nothing but your mere preconceived opinions BTW? I also made it clear what your problem was when i asked you a question and you started quoting irrelevancies.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 10:49am On Nov 26, 2014
Take time and UNDERSTAND the flow of a debate before jumping in. Is that too hard for you?
I called your disease BUTTING INTO DEBATES IN IGNORANCE. You said I had schizophrenia severally and prescribed drugs. That is super sick. Those are people like you my brother. Pick intelligent insults that have nothing to do with the lame,maimed or sick. Rain on me 247, I can handle that. Am immune wink
Bidam:
Quit the utter nonsense, you said you never called me such, i highlighted where you did, so what's all this misleading misinformation you have against me which are nothing but your mere preconceived opinions BTW? I also made it clear what your problem was when i asked you a question and you started quoting irrelevancies.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Take time and UNDERSTAND the flow of a debate before jumping in. Is that too hard for you?
Was the debate not on tithe where you brought in animal sacrifice and circumcision and reducdito nonsense. Is that to hard for you?
I called your disease BUTTING INTO DEBATES IN IGNORANCE.
Your preconceived opinion my broda which has no legs to stand.
You said I had schizophrenia severally and prescribed drugs. That is super sick. Those are people like you my brother. Pick intelligent insults that have nothing to do with the lame,maimed or sick. Rain on me 247, I can handle that. Am immune wink
Go back and understand my posts, i asked you a question, you started quoting coveting scripture that has nothing to do with God but humans. God is not a man. You don't use such scripture and automatically say it applies to God when God never made it such.Such notions is a schizophrenic idea.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

is any Christian permitted to tell the following lies to manipulate, conjure, coerce, force, push or confuse Christians to pay tithes or give?

Oyakhilome
https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/9#8071513

The Giving That Stands You Out – Thursday April 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris

It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough. Your tithes for example belong to God, and He expects you to give them to Him anyway. The man who does otherwise is a robber: “Will a man rob God: Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:8 ).

God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He’s God. So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t give it, as you would your free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift. Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

WHY WE GIVE OUR FIRST FRUITS? (THE BENEFITS)
We are commanded to give it [Prov 3: 9-10, Ex 22: 29] By giving your first fruit, you secure and sanctify the rest of your fruits ( Rom 11: 16) We give our first fruits that the blessing of God may rest upon us ( Eze 44:30) By giving it, you demonstrate your appreciation for God and the things He has done in your life (Deut 26:10 – 11) It releases the anointing upon your life. The bible says thy presses shall burst out with new wine. New wine symbolizes the anointing ( Prov 3:9) God is delighted in our obedience to His word; for it is better to obey than to sacrifice [I Sam 15: 22] If you don’t give your first fruit, God will go after it because it belongs to Him ( Ex 4: 22 – 23) Anyone who holds back his First Fruit exposes himself to evil. As God said to Israel. [Jeremiah 2: 3]....

WAYS OF GIVING FIRST FRUITS
1. New Job: First salary package
2. New Year: First salary or first income ( for those who don’t earn a salary)
3. Old Job (Promotions) – Increase i.e. the difference between the old and new salary. (If your heart condemns you go ahead and give all. He is looking for something to multiply back to you).

https://www.facebook.com/READRHAPSODYOFREALITIES/posts/651164134943691

Adeboye

In Malachi 3:8-11, God said all His children who are robbing Him in tithes and offerings have violated His covenant, and therefore are under a divine curse. However, He says if they will restitute their ways, He will personally rebuke the devourer for their sakes and open the windows of Heaven to them and give them a blessing they will be unable to contain. There are two type of devourers – the ones sent by the devil (John 10:10) and the ones sent by God. To deal with the devourers sent by the devil, simply resist him and he will flee from you as long as you are in right standing before God. But to deal with the devourers sent by God, it is through restitution. You will have to cry to God for forgiveness and thereafter undo what made Him to send the devourers in the first place. Do you owe God in tithes, offerings, thanksgiving or vows? Ask for forgiveness and go ahead and pay what you owe. If it is in tithes, also add 20% as interest being the penalty or eating your tithes (Leviticus 27:31).

https://www.nairaland.com/1458058/open-heavens-daily-devotional-sunday

Pat Robertson

Quoting Malachi, Robertson responded, “Your husband has all these medical problems because the ‘devourer’ has not been rebuked. You need to rebuke him. You give your tithes faithfully and God said, ‘I will rebuke the devourer,’ the person that is eating up your money and eating up your health. So you want to be healthy? That’s a promise in the Word.”

https://www.nairaland.com/1541026/pat-robertson-tells-elderly-woman

Among others too numerous to mention.

do you think its a christian thing to do?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 11:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Ah! Finally a breakthrough. Cc: WinsomeX, candour, Shedemidemi, BabaGnoni, mand the rest of the crew. Come and take notes o

i have told u plenty times i'm not interested in stopping you from tithing. you are free to pay 90% of your income as tithe (as some claim to do).see what transpired between you and i some days ago

Gombs:

Good..But I have decided so, so has million others, why do some guys still hunt me for it?

Candour:
Who can even presume to stop your decision to tithe? Nobody has that right after all, we are not in North Korea. What these discussions are geared towards correcting are the lies, wicked manipulations and scriptural misrepresentations in 'powerful teachings' from 'renowned mog' like these below

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical/80#28245401

Infact i must have stated the below as my motivation for engaging in these arguments a lot of times (trust you and others wont claim you've not read it in my posts before). my motivation is against the lies below

1. If you don't pay tithe, you're a robber and of course hell bound
2. If you don't pay tithe , you're cursed
3. IF you don't pay tithe, you'll be attacked by devourers like sickness, marital problems, car problems, accidents, business losses etc
4. if you don't pay tithe, you'll not be blessed by God
etc

As long as you don't threaten Christians with the above, go ahead and pay everything you have as tithe. They're yours to do with as you like

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2014
How do you claim that Reductio ad Absurdum is not found in the Bible? Please tell me it was a joke. You were unwinding after a long day right? cheesy

EDUCATE yourself on the progress of a debate and then contribute your two mites. Should this prove impossible, stay on the sidelines and watch brains at work cheesy

PS: it is REDUCTIO not reducdito. Of course it is nonsense, how can it make sense to you? grin grin
Bidam:
Was the debate not on tithe where you brought in animal sacrifice and circumcision and reducdito nonsense. Is that to hard for you?
Your preconceived opinion my broda which has no legs to stand. Go back and understand my posts, i asked you a question, you started quoting coveting scripture that has nothing to do with God but humans. God is not a man. You don't use such scripture and automatically say it applies to God when God never made it such.Such notions is a schizophrenic idea.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
How do you claim that Reductio ad Absurdum is not found in the Bible? Please tell me it was a joke. You were unwinding after a long day right? cheesy

EDUCATE yourself on the progress of a debate and then contribute your two mites. Should this prove impossible, stay on the sidelines and watch brains at work cheesy

PS: it is REDUCTIO not reducdito. Of course it is nonsense, how can it make sense to you? grin grin
It was a typo error which i knew you guessed but wanted to play pranks, i am not interested in a logic which doesn't agree with bible sense. Pls refer to the beginning of the the debate i recommended the risperidone.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
of course it was a typo. Those are the kind of jokes I can make do. Not mocking sick folk.

I have labored so hard in your life, I am entitled to your tithe this month. I will give you my paypal account shortly. Aight?
Bidam:
It was a typo error which i knew you guessed but wanted to play pranks, i am not interested in a logic which doesn't agree with bible sense. Pls refer to the beginning of the the debate i recommended the risperidone.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

"Imma need a gibberish interpreting software" indeed
- You retreat into a world of fantasy and self-delusion a lot when the truth stares you in face, don't worry, this time, blame it on been sleepyhead

Don't be silly, What is esoteric about sharing a for-you-information (i.e. FYI) or you prefer the need-to-know-information be hidden or hoarded?
- it isn't the first time and by God's grace, it certainly wouldn't be my last sharing it.

I don't know you from Adam, nor know you from a previous life, so I still don't understand your hardened and stubborn fixation with changing monickers

You're incorrigible, wont learn from correction. How many times have you got to be advised to back up your allegation and/or trumped-up charges.
Show the original quotes for the following:
#1) "medical-science-replacing-greater-works-than-these-shall-ye-do prophecy"
#2) "everyone is fake to you because your grouse is not with Chris Oyakhilome, Kumuyi, Hagin, Oyedepo etc."

Look, that's my gauntlet, throw down on the floor
Prove "issue is with unbelief and I can prove it"

Young man you will do yourself a world of good, if you can just provide unedited versions of quotations to backed up ALL your allegations

I wonder how people like you get the liver to do this, make incriminating statements about other posters without providing evidence(s) or backing it up with the original quotes

Who are all the so-called faith healers that you are affiliated to, fake or not fake?

Yahweh is our Healer, so mbaemeka do me the honours, as I would very much love to see the original quotation relating to or the entire post pertaining to "Let us also assume that you believe God still heals people"

Criticism and hatred for the faith healers ke?
mbaemeka, there is a thin line between faith healers and "faith healers"

PS: a lamb and a pig fall into the same dirty, oozing muddy ditch,
The pig rolls about, wallowing in and enjoying the mud, but the lamb cries and gets out
The pig loves to get dirty and loves mud
so the pig is happy to stay perpetually in the mud ditch

This is even more Gibberisher than the previous post.

Let me pace myself a bit with you since you are not as quick-witted as I had overestimated you to be.

If I was to tell you instances of Tetraplegics and Palsy sufferers who got healed instantly by the anointing of God, you would have disbelieved them even if I provided videos for you. Secondly, your incredulity is not limited to the Pastor I would have referred you to: it encompasses even many others abroad and ahome (on earth and in heaven for e.g Kenneth Hagin). So it made absolutely no sense for me to honor your questions with the sort of reply you were craving for. Lastly, you made a fallacy of Generalizing Hastily by making it seem like 'ALL' Healing school ministers avoided patients with the conditions above when you have NEVER attended any of the healing schools to corroborate such a statement. The same way you asserted that Christopher Columbus helped prove Galileos discoveries right even when Columbus had died before Galileo was born. I am sure you realise you are a tad too whimsical in your responses and they have always come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine.

Now, let it be that none of the WOF or WOF related ministers I know have healed anyone suffering from the 2 conditions you mentioned. Let it be that the testimonies they have were all stage-managed. You who believes in Yahweh that heals, can you provide any evidences to back that claim or is it just hot-air (again) ? I.e are you just throwing the I-believe-Yahweh-can-heal-those-things line, even when you don't really believe?

PS: I ignored all your nonsense about verbatim quotes and the likes. You were dishonest enough to refuse to admit your Eve-serpent-sex, Kenneth Hagin-Apostle, Tower of Babel was mythical goof (s) so I don't expect you to take the humble route and keep mum now. And you have the temerity to call someone incorrigible and wallowing in ignorance? Hahahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
Candour:

i have told u plenty times i'm not interested in stopping you from tithing. you are free to pay 90% of your income as tithe (as some claim to do).see what transpired between you and i some days ago

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical/80#28245401

Infact i must have stated the below as my motivation for engaging in these arguments a lot of times (trust you and others wont claim you've not read it in my posts before). my motivation is against the lies below

1. If you don't pay tithe, you're a robber and of course hell bound
2. If you don't pay tithe , you're cursed
3. IF you don't pay tithe, you'll be attacked by devourers like sickness, marital problems, car problems, accidents, business losses etc
4. if you don't pay tithe, you'll not be blessed by God
etc

As long as you don't threaten Christians with the above, go ahead and pay everything you have as tithe. They're yours to do with as you like

My man, your stand is noted, but are you saying you never discoraged giving of tithes oustide the above numbered? In plain terms, are you saying you never condemned paying of tithes in its entirety?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
what you are calling conjecture is EXACTLY what happens here. Gombs is notorious. He started with claiming his Rhapsodies thread has more impact than the WOF one. I pushed him to define 'impact'. He mumbled something to do with views,emails,prayers.....i called out this vanity. Does the views on a thread reflect the truth on a thread? It quickly turned into Rhapsodies distributed,branches. Somebody was being challenged to match that. Am not too old on NL but I have noticed that habit of throwing around CE numbers at inconvenient occasions.

When you are accused of peddling false doctrine, please justify your position Biblically not from subjective parameters such as 'millions' of Rhapsodies distributed or bought by branches.

There comes a time when I know that you know the point am making whether you admit it or not and you agree with me. This is it. wink

Shalom

Bro, you're off your game today. Hope all is well. I explained to you why mentioning the numbers was necessary SOMETIMES and you admitted to it, so the only case you should be making is that the numbers were thrown about inappositely and you are yet to do so. What I mean is: Someone claimed to be making impact with his own thread and Gombs proved that he was not. When the issue was posed back at Gombs, he proved why he was making the said impact by providing his own numbers. That's in order.

If someone says your church isn't making any impact, what bible passage should he use to debate it? None man. All he has to do is to throw his numbers to buttress his claims while to rebutting the zero-impact claim tossed at him. Period.

I am sure you understand.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

This is even more Gibberisher than the previous post.

Let me pace myself a bit with you since you are not as quick-witted as I had overestimated you to be.

If I was to tell you instances of Tetraplegics and Palsy sufferers who got healed instantly by the anointing of God, you would have disbelieved them even if I provided videos for you. Secondly, your incredulity is not limited to the Pastor I would have referred you to: it encompasses even many others abroad and ahome (on earth and in heaven for e.g Kenneth Hagin). So it made absolutely no sense for me to honor your questions with the sort of reply you were craving for. Lastly, you made a fallacy of Generalizing Hastily by making it seem like 'ALL' Healing school ministers avoided patients with the conditions above when you have NEVER attended any of the healing schools to corroborate such a statement. The same way you asserted that Christopher Columbus helped prove Galileos discoveries right even when Columbus had died before Galileo was born. I am sure you realise you are a tad too whimsical in your responses and they have always come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine.

Now, let it be that none of the WOF or WOF related ministers I know have healed anyone suffering from the 2 conditions you mentioned. Let it be that the testimonies they have were all stage-managed. You who believes in Yahweh that heals, can you provide any evidences to back that claim or is it just hot-air (again) ? I.e are you just throwing the I-believe-Yahweh-can-heal-those-things line, even when you don't really believe?

PS: I ignored all your nonsense about verbatim quotes and the likes. You were dishonest enough to refuse to admit your Eve-serpent-sex, Kenneth Hagin-Apostle, Tower of Babel was mythical goof (s) so I don't expect you to take the humble route and keep mum now. And you have the temerity to call someone incorrigible and wallowing in ignorance? Hahahahahahaha!

Amazing the nerves that bloke has, huh? grin grin

His fellow board member who sold his honesty and integrity for a morsel of pounded yam has the moral thought to tread same line he is, calling another ignorant and in denial, one wonders whether they discuss these in the board room!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Gombs my broda,
There is one one NT rule for giving; as you purpose in your heart & without compulsion.

An externally set fraction of giving goes against the 'as you purpose' aspect of giving

I would encourage the 10% giver equally to the 5%,15%,30% giver or the no-percentage-nonsense giver equally.

Pious fraudsters fear that the NT standards may not rake in enough. They set fractions robbing you of the freedom of choice. They also compel you by dangling utopia called financial breakthroughs,disease-free bliss,debt cancellation and they go as far as threatening you with hellfire. Calling you robber and invoking curse they won't hesitate.

These threads have just done that; taking deluded sheeple through Bible study so they can regain their freedom to give and get immunized from compulsion. Gloooooooooory wink

This is a stand you have to take to make your stance on tithing worth its salt. There is TITHING and there is FREEWILL GIVING. There is no fixed % on the latter but the former means 10% or one-tenth. It basically defines itself.

If anyone wants to tithe he MUST not give less than 10% otherwise it is not a tithe. Whereas if anyone wants to give anything freewillingly then he is free to do so underzero compulsion.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Amazing the nerves that bloke has, huh? grin grin

His fellow board member who sold his honesty and integrity for a morsel of pounded yam has the moral thought to tread same line he is, calling another ignorant and in denial, one wonders whether they discuss these in the board room!

Ha ha ha bro. I tire for the matter. I have encountered him before. He can switch positions like a contortionist and yet maintain that that had been his position all along. For example, can you see how circumcision was for ISRAEL AND ONLY ISRAEL yet Ismael was circumcised? Or how Abraham- a Gentile, was circumcised too? Maybe Abraham didn't get the memo.

True gospelers!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Image123 has the guts to joke about blindness with MarkMiwerds a physically blind man.

I wasn't joking, don't assume vaguely.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
My broda,
That was sarcasm but it is well.

It is dangerous to appeal to numbers to stall doctrinal examination. It is two-edged, it really motivates the good guys just as it does the deluded guys. use them for anything else like vanity cat fights but not to gauge the truth.

Don't just hope am well, buy me a 128GB iPhone 6+ and it shall be well with my soul for the day wink

PS: make it space gray

mbaemeka:

Bro, you're off your game today. Hope all is well. I explained to you why mentioning the numbers was necessary SOMETIMES and you admitted to it, so the only case you should be making is that the numbers were thrown about inappositely and you are yet to do so. What I mean is: Someone claimed to be making impact with his own thread and Gombs proved that he was not. When the issue was posed back at Gombs, he proved why he was making the said impact by providing his own numbers. That's in order.

If someone says your church isn't making any impact, what bible passage should he use to debate it? None man. All he has to do is to throw his numbers to buttress his claims while to rebutting the zero-impact claim tossed at him. Period.

I am sure you understand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.