Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207171 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs,
1. What is INCORRECT according to Hagin? Hammering or Christians being cursed?
2. What is the difference between a Malachi era non-tither and a 2014 Christian non-tither? Are they not both incurring the SAME CURSE?
3. What is the difference between a CURSED Christian and a Christian placing himself under a CURSE?
Gombs:

I still think you are. Howbeit, not exactly a lie
Notice he was against preachers hammering christians in a threat that they are cursed, I wrote he who doesn't places himself in a curse (limit yourselve from a set blessing) those are two different things o. Hagin was speaking about legalism, preachers using legalism to preach tithing. There is no curse as in a CURSE, the curse there was limiting yourself, that's why I wrote, "you put yourselves under one" not "God will curse you" undecided

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by MostHigh: 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
The lawless man is called Lawless for a reason.

Goshen is proudly a Lawless Man grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
vooks:
Thank you for following my counsel, watch brains at work from the sidelines.

PS: Jeering is allowed. Cheering too cheesy
On the contrary, i was busy and my lappy battery is low so i selectively post when necessary. Now how can i start addressing your anomaly which you kept regurgitating since you came on board this forum? Your issues have been adequately dealt with by me and others. It is a waste of my precious time going back and forth with you really.cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
MostHigh:
The lawless man is called Lawless for a reason.

Goshen is proudly a Lawless Man grin

Yes, I am.....based on the truth of this scripture:

King James Bible
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:9

I am RIGHTEOUS MAN in Christ....Do you have problem with that?

2. If the Holy Spirit LEADS me, WHY SHOULD I STILL BE LED MY THE LAW? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Oga Ade, park well make we see road. I have told you you need to slow down entering a curve. You're entering a curve at the speed meant for straight dry pavement. Slow down and learn!!! grin grin grin
Ok, i know you love running away from question that are difficult for your paygrade.Here is a teaser...What do you understand by weightier matters of the Law in mat 23:23? Are christians obligated to keep or neglect them?

Why is it you never condemned apostle paul when he used the mosaic law in 1cor 9:13-14. To teach christian doctrine on giving to ministers of the gospel?

Ayam waiting!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bidam:
Ok, i know you love running away from question that are difficult for your paygrade.Here is a teaser...What do you understand by weightier matters of the Law in mat 23:23? Are christians obligated to keep or neglect them?

Why is it you never condemned apostle paul when he used the mosaic law in 1cor 9:13-14. To teach christian doctrine on giving to ministers of the gospel?

Ayam waiting!

Open another thread and lemme slowly school you in the Spirit.....If you will learn anyway. I had wanted to do this kind of teaching to you in my mind but time does permit me to teach it intensively. Although I mentioned in faintly in some comments, even when you often quote: Does the Law not say the same thing? We uphold the law etc. You are always holding these scripture to teach the law to Christians but you don't investigate the text and you just jumping.....slow down dude, slow down.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Candour:

Actually bro, no mog, no matter how crooked can defend 22% as tithe for christians. it's not honesty keeping them from it; it's common sense and the knowledge that they'll be biting off more than they can chew if they dare.

imagine bringing Deut 14:22-29 and Deut 26:12 into the fray to demand 22%?

While they may have kept away from the 22%, they have however succeeded in collecting 100% in January. If you do the maths, that will amount to an average 17.5% per month of gullible worshippers resources; that's not including offerings, Dec 7 Pastor birthday bash, IPPC, "ati be be lo". At the close of the day, these Pastors are collecting way above the 22% Moses collected.

Man of God business is good business... no wonder David Oyedepo is the richest Pastor in the world. Only Nigerians can be this stup-id.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by MostHigh: 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Yes, I am.....based on the truth of this scripture:

King James Bible
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:9

I am RIGHTEOUS MAN in Christ....Do you have problem with that?

2. If the Holy Spirit LEADS me, WHY SHOULD I STILL BE LED MY THE LAW? grin grin grin

Your professed master was lead by the Law.

He upheld the Law.

He taught the Law.

Same way with every last desciple and prophet since the beginning.

Which one you come dey?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:
I'm gonna say this once...the Jerusalem council DID NOT cancel the out the necessity of circumcision and tithing. What they did was that they decided that Gentile converts to Christianity were not obligated to keep most of the Law of Moses, including the rules concerning circumcision of males.

Now, neither circumcision nor tithing has their inception in the Laws of Moses. And they were not obligated to keep most of the law because certain individuals came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved " . The council was prompt to debunk that. Same as I have been schooling you that circumcision NEVER made one righteous. They never as you claimed said tithing and circumcision were not necessary, they said circumcision was not necessary for righteousness. Abraham was declared righteous by faith even before circumcision.

The Council did, however, retain the prohibitions on eating blood, meat containing blood, and meat of animals not properly slain, and on fornication and idolatry, sometimes referred to as the Apostolic Decree orJerusalem Quadrilateral.

As you can see from above, the Law was not completely abolished, a fact mba, Joagbaje me, bidam has been teaching here for ages. Goshen360 the confused grace preacher never seem to comprehend this.

You conveniently ignore Acts 15:5 - "But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses."
Tithing and circumcision were part of 'the law of Moses' referred to by these believers belonging to the party of the Pharisees. 
Therefore if the decision was that all, except the things specified, were not binding on the Christian it follows then that circumcision and tithing are included in the all that are not binding. 

See what you wrote: 
"they decided that Gentile converts to Christianity were not obligated to keep most of the Law of Moses, including the rules concerning circumcision of males."
'NOT OBLIGATED' means not binding, not compelled, not under any pressure, not forced, not commanded, etc. 

You can see then that this renders your first sentence incorrect. If the DECISION was that the necessity for circumcision and tithing was not obligatory on Gentile Christians then it simply means those things were cancelled out for the Christian. 

You will agree with me too that, from the Council meeting, those things which were required of the Christians were clearly specified. It then also follows that no one has the right to insist or claim that anything not so specified is required of the Christian unless such is subsequently stated in the New Testament epistles. 

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen...you see why I said you're confused?

Read what you typed and see whether I said we re bounded by the law. Meehn! grin

. Gombs is another fraud of CE in apprentice school and in training.

This got me cracking though grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
MostHigh:

He upheld the Law.

He taught the Law.

Which one you come dey?

Welcome o thou Chief Judaist.

Your disciples have been doing very badly defending Moses here. Unlike you, they want to keep the tithe but abolish the sabbath, circumcision and burnt offerings. I request you call them to order.

Tell them that if they must keep an aspect of Moses, they are indebted to keep the whole thing. Like you very lawfully do, o thou keeper of Moses.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs, uncircumcised male Christians are not 'identifying with the promises' right?
Please explain 'identifying with the promises' and consequences of not doing so
Gombs:

We've said it here, physical circumcision only means you identify with the promises, but it does not make you righteous.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
MostHigh:

Just as he came to announce a NEW WAY to God APART FROM THE LAW.

MostHigh:

He upheld the Law.

He upheld the law in order to fulfill the law.

MostHigh:

He taught the Law.

He taught the law in because that's the only thing they understood then and so that he can redeem those under the law. Why will he redeem them from under the law if they law was best for them? You're redeeming me from a good course? unto what? For what? Does that make sense to you at all? cheesy cheesy cheesy

MostHigh:

Which one you come dey?

No Apostle taught the keeping of the law when the revelation of the finished works was given to them. If you want to take us back to the law, you are fallen from Grace.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by MostHigh: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
WinsomeX:

Welcome o thou Chief Judaist.

Your disciples have been doing very badly defending Moses here. Unlike you, they want to keep the tithe but abolish the sabbath, circumcision and burnt offerings. I request you call them to order.

Tell them that if they must keep an aspect of Moses, they are indebted to keep the whole thing. Like you very lawfully do, o thou keeper of Moses.

Are you saying there is no part of the law which you keep? grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:
Goshen...you see why I said you're confused?

Read what you typed and see whether I said we re bounded by the law. Meehn! grin

. Gombs is another fraud of CE in apprentice school and in training.

This got me cracking though grin

Like say you no dey training....we sabi una...na so una hero take start naw... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by MostHigh: 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Just as he came to announce a NEW WAY to God APART FROM THE LAW.

He upheld the law in order to fulfill the law.

He taught the law in because that's the only thing they understood then and so that he can redeem those under the law. Why will he redeem them from under the law if they law was best for them? You're redeeming me from a good course? unto what? For what? Does that make sense to you at all? cheesy cheesy cheesy

No Apostle taught the keeping of the law when the revelation of the finished works was given to them. If you want to take us back to the law, you are fallen from Grace.

Dont be confused a mans way of life speaks more volumes than anything he says. grin

Can you look at the way they lived thier lives?

Its all written down you know.

Lawless children of the Lawless man. grin

Your master upheld to fufill and you choose not to follow suit.

Jokers. grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Open another thread and lemme slowly school you in the Spirit.....If you will learn anyway. I had wanted to do this kind of teaching to you in my mind but time does permit me to teach it intensively. Although I mentioned in faintly in some comments, even when you often quote: Does the Law not say the same thing? We uphold the law etc. You are always holding these scripture to teach the law to Christians but you don't investigate the text and you just jumping.....slow down dude, slow down.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
You can see the hypocrisy of your statements abi? You actually jumped into this thread and misquoted scriptures giving a carnal intepretations to it because Gombs mentioned you in his post. You even used my monicker in your analogy to win your antither crowds only for me to ask you the simplest of questions that you can address along few lines and now as typical and as usual, you dimissed it with this utter rubbish you wrote up here. Who are you fooling? If you cannot answer the question best forget it. The thread has long been derailed before you came.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
MostHigh:

Dont be confused a mans way of life speaks more volumes than anything he says. grin

Can you look at the way they lived thier lives?

Its all written down you know.

Lawless children of the Lawless man. grin

Yeah, Lawless because the Spirit of God in me was given to replace the laws. You're still confused up till date. When people do things by the Spirit which are also written in the law, does that mean it is the law they are following to do those things written in the law? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
WinsomeX:

While they may have kept away from the 22%, they have however succeeded in collecting 100% in January. If you do the maths, that will amount to an average 17.5% per month of gullible worshippers resources; that's not including offerings, Dec 7 Pastor birthday bash, IPPC, "ati be be lo". At the close of the day, these Pastors are collecting way above the 22% Moses collected.

Man of God business is good business... no wonder David Oyedepo is the richest Pastor in the world. Only Nigerians can be this stup-id.

Drummaboy eh! Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha

I like you sense of humor. Bidam see this guy mathematics. CEC ft Winners. grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Like say you no dey training....we sabi una...na so una hero take start naw... grin grin grin

Go siddon for gutter jooor.... Pastor Chris did what you couldn’t. He was bold for the gospel, , everywhere, you na to siddon type.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bidam:
You can see the hypocrisy of your statements abi? You actually jumped into this thread and misquoted scriptures giving a carnal intepretations to it because Gombs mentioned you in his post. You even used my monicker in your analogy to win your antither crowds only for me to ask you the simplest of questions that you can address along few lines and now as typical and as usual, you dimissed it with this utter rubbish you wrote up here. Who are you fooling? If you cannot answer the question best forget it. The thread has long been derailed before you came.

Abeg park well joor. That kind of teaching no be small thing. Open a thread for it and we will deal with it properly or I will open the thread at my own time, to prove to you I'm not dodging out on nothing.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Go siddon for gutter jooor.... Pastor Chris did what you couldn’t. He was bold for the gospel, , everywhere, you na to siddon type.

Cheap advert!!!

I have a day job and carry the gospel with me everywhere and preach it at the slightest opportunity. Your pastor Chris na "full time" job he get naw for ministry abi I lie ni? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Normal tithes between Feb and Dec -10% * 11= 110%
January First Fruits- 100%
Total- 110%+100%= 210%

So you give 210% of your Gross or Net in 12 months or 17.5% per month on average

Gombs:

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
Vooks, I don't subscribe to redundancy. Thanks

Candour, your post has been dealt with here already. Hagin was not against tithing, you walk in a curse for not tithing, God is not cursing you, you simply truncated someccertain blessing which ae not compulsory to have.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Cheap advert!!!

I have a day job and carry the gospel with me everywhere and preach it at the slightest opportunity. Your pastor Chris na "full time" job he get naw for ministry abi I lie ni? grin grin grin

How many have you brought up in Faith? Lie to yourself is allowed sha. cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
MostHigh:

Are you saying there is no part of the law which you keep? grin

I am saying that if after reading the NT, you still keep Moses then you have nor read your bible well.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:
Vooks, I don't subscribe to redundancy. Thanks

Candour, your post has been dealt with here already. Hagin was not against tithing, you walk in a curse for not tithing, God is not cursing you, you simply truncated someccertain blessing which ae not compulsory to have.

That Hagin supported tithing is not in dispute. Even my daughter knows he does. What is in contention is if both of you are on the same page concerning the theory of curses.

Hagin wrote in very lucid English that

"I've also heard preachers try to hammer Christians by quoting from Malachi chapter 3 saying that they are cursed if they don't pay tithes and give offerings. Obviously, this is not correct. While the people of Malachi's day were under the Law of Moses, the New Testament plainly declares that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law (Gal. 3:13).

It can't get any clearer than that.

At least we are sure mba disagrees with you and oyaks on the appellation of robbers put on non tithers.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

How many have you brought up in Faith? Lie to yourself is allowed sha. cheesy

God is my witness.....around me, my job and everywhere I go, even here on nairaland. wink wink wink. We don't boast of our works because it is done in God's Grace. wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
WinsomeX:

I am saying that if after reading the NT, you still keep Moses then you have nor read your bible well.

The man doesn't even understand the place of Moses in the Bible......until the seed be revealed. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gombs:

Allow the children to enjoy their toys.Let's watch them, when they are tired of rantings and biles they will stop. They have wandered like stray dogs.Don't give them fuel for their ammo.cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by MostHigh: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
Goshen360:

Yeah, Lawless because the Spirit of God in me was given to replace the laws. You're still confused up till date. When people do things by the Spirit which are also written in the law, does that mean it is the law they are following to do those things written in the law? cheesy cheesy cheesy

When people do things by (their) spirit which are also written in the law. grin

So your issues are with the written word AKA Christ?

As long as we don't refer to the written word it's ok.

Joker.

So you are now wiser than the Lord of heaven
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bidam:
Allow the children to enjoy their toys.Let's watch them, when they are tired of rantings and biles they will stop. They have wandered like stray dogs.Don't give them fuel for their ammo.cheesy

I know them na... i know them wellllllllll

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.