Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children (15492 Views)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / Why Do Some Parents Insult Their Children? / Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Chillisauce:

why will i remove my eyes when i was the one supporting you during that crisis. Is that how you treat a sister grin.

Anyway, make sure its not lagos marriage, if not.

meanwhile, your pics is scattered all over nairaland by you. are you not the yellow sisi, with a fashion shop

Who is d yellow sis wit fashion shop?

Am not d one. You av d wrong person here. I don't operate a fashion shop.

U can guess again
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It is not luck, it is collective backwardness. grin
To you it is collective backwardness, to me it is a collective "thoughtfulness" on their part to make sure a fellow NLer finds peace and comfort that has so eluded her.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by jumzzy448: 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
Wheww....and the thread is taking a new twist.

@Carefree, can you please cut the op some slack. Stop this your I know it all attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
@ talon, and other well meaning nlders, let carefree be. She say watever she likes. Na her hand she dey use type.. She's seeking for attention.. Simply ignore her. No be when she see person answer her bk? She go taya and jump onto another op topic.. Na her way grin pepper bodi

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
Talon05:

To you it is collective backwardness, to me it is a collective "thoughtfulness" on their part to make sure a fellow NLer finds peace and comfort that has so eluded her.

Boy, if I was a snobbish show off, envy wouldn't let you find sleep at night.

Take care of your life, there is no need to be worried about mine. wink

6 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
jumzzy448:
Wheww....and the thread is taking a new twist.

@Carefree, can you please cut the op some slack. Stop this your I know it all attitude.

I will repeat myself, I will stop when I get bored.

The OP insulted another family and now she will get the taste of her own medicine.

7 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Talon05: 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Boy, if I was a snobbish show off, envy wouldn't let you find sleep at night.

Take care of your life, there is no need to be worried about mine. wink

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh puh-lease.

Liking your own posts?, common on, who does that?

Ciao.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by TV01(m): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
jumzzy448:
Please go easy on Carefreewannabee and allow me to admit my part in her sour attitude. The serious rinsing I've been giving her as NL' foremost Femnivore has wreaked havoc with her normally placid mood cool!

TV

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
TV01:

Please go easy on Carefreewannabee and allow to admit my part in her sour attitude. The serious rinsing I've been giving her as NL' foremost Femnivore has wreaked havoc with her normally placid mood cool!

TV

Attention seeker. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
Amelian:

Who is d yellow sis wit fashion shop?

Am not d one. You av d wrong person here. I don't operate a fashion shop.

U can guess again

Odiegwu.
ยจ#singing#yellow sisi wey dey for corner, put im hand for jaw,wetin dey cause am ohhh, money palava# wink
Amelian oh, abeg send my own cake lerra
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by crackhaus: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
Amelian:

that's how I was taught by mum. My mum Is the last and 3rd of my dad. my dad loved her so much due all these virtues she taught me. Amongst all the wives, he opened a big shop for my mum, stocked it up with wares, he also built a house for her, and she inreturn built 2 more houses from the profits coming out from her shop. My dad was so proud of her, while other wives were dying with envy. Thank God, my mum is up to the task of tackling the 2 first wives. anytime, its my mum's turn to cook, she will stock my dad's plate with orisirisi meat and fish ,with vegetables, my dad will smile and call one of the wives, you see.... why wont I spend on her , when shes not stingy with her money cheesy
my dear, am happy abt the orientation from my mum... it has taken me a long way and open lots of doors for me.
other women talking sarcastically, and opposing my view, well its a free world and I simply wanted 2 know other pple's view about the scenario. but its all good...more opinions are welcome, but pls lets be civil in passing out messages, we are adults here smiley
Lol...so this is the comment that has degenerated into the state I came back online to meet on this thread. gringrin
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nonso23:

I'm still searching for any insults in the o.p.
She stated her observations, grouses and recommendations with worthy reasons.
You are attacking her family for??

I guess you missed the title of the thread, haven't you?

Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nonso23:

No I did not and I guess you missed the rest of the post that clarified succintly the title.

No, I read it.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nonso23:

The body justified the title. Your insults to her family justifies?

I don't think her title can be justified.

And I have only pointed out what she has told us all by herself.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by soulglo: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
Oh lord!!!! Just saw the post about being a third wife and orisirisi meat rotflmao. To each their own oh

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nonso23:

If you think her title isn't or can't be justified you should go ahead and quote her to register your reservations.
The personal attacks were below the belt.
You did not just point it out, you explored it even further as an avenue to mock her.

Ok, I have no regrets.

She has enough fans here and even a lawyer and bodyguards so take a chill pill.

6 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by ihedinobi2: 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
Interesting story. To be crystal clear, if you ever get in a man's face about chores and you're a woman, you're going to end up the worse for it. Doesn't matter what his financial or employment situation is.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Chai, when my sisters will stop swallowing the bait ohhhhh.
So some people just sit and look for ways to create stories blame it feminsim and point at some posters here, its a continuous circle and its boring.

I dont understand how a post about a couple and their sister turned househelp took the turn to become a feminist post and some posters fingered and as usual the oldest trick in the books attempting to set some females against others.

Again, each to their own jare. What works for me may not work for another. Making attacking assumed feminist on nairaland the highlight of your day is just sad

9 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Misogynist2014(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
moca:
So here, pple always except some folks to comment in a particular manner?
I noticed that in my other account(one of d reason I cleaned it up)
No freedom of expression anymore cos u want to maintain an image?

Ok o.

@topic, poster, I stopd reading when u said in ur place, its a taboo for a man to do house chores. I can't read beyond that abeg.

And those shouting feminism, pls wake up!
When u marry, kill ur wife with work cos u wanna prove u r a man or better still arrange for an infact as housemaid that can be a side chick when madam looks d other way.

And how can nigeria become a developed country with cave man mentality everywhere.
'You call that cave man mentality'! No, I call it the preservation of manliness. Next time you write stuffs like this, add (ves) in front of wife cos polygamy is very much in existence to be neglected. Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
I still don't understand what the parents have to do with this story. The parents have raised them, they've taught them right and wrong and it's then up to each individual to pick which values they want to live by. Free the parents abeg

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Misogynist2014(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
aisha2:
Chai, when my sisters will stop swallowing the bait ohhhhh.
So some people just sit and look for ways to create stories blame it feminsim and point at some posters here, its a continuous circle and its boring.

I dont understand how a post about a couple and their sister turned househelp took the turn to become a feminist post and some posters fingered and as usual the oldest trick in the books attempting to set some females against others.

Again, each to their own jare. What works for me may not work for another. Making attacking assumed feminist on nairaland the highlight of your day is just sad
You nailed it. But its one of the few ways we catch fun on NL. wink

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Misogynist2014(m): 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I will repeat myself, I will stop when I get bored.

The OP insulted another family and now she will get the taste of her own medicine.

Men don't indulge in silly E-fights. wink
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Men don't indulge in silly E-fights. wink

I tried. cheesy
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I tried. cheesy
why don't you just make your point about her family once and for all then move on with your life, instead of ramming more posts on her family and ending each one of them with a lafta smiley except this one?

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Fkforyou(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Let envy be in church, in the neighborhood and even on the moon but not in my family.

My mother didn't have to compete against other women for my father to appreciate her.
And my father didn't have to worry that envy will eat up his wife and their children.

. No offense, But You lack Inner Peace and you truly need to silence your mind.

4 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 22, 2014
Fkforyou:
. No offense, But You lack Inner Peace and you truly need to silence your mind.

How exactly does that statement mean she lacks inner peace? Abegiii
When any woman comes here maligns and abuses fellow women needlessly and uses the feminist word she automatically becomes una hero and so anything she says is right anyone who dares to differ is the one you attack with power and might.

Carefreewannabe abeg leave this issue, the poster has identified you as feminist so as expected they will all gather for blood just because.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends / I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE / I Am Looking For My Dad: Emeka Kanezi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.