Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (101379 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by ihedinobi2: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
If you visit, it's ok. If I visit, it's ok. When we go out I'll pick up the tab. When we do anything together that occasions spending I'll pay. I won't give you allowances to run your life. I won't pay for your hair and BIS.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yhermmie(f): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Hmmm undecided
After you

You are after me and i am after you, you are following me here on NL and i'm following you. This is an open forum where everyone has the right to voice out his/her opinion on threads, i have the right to quote you to either applaudw your point or go against it.

I can't stand to see the person i'm following spew and unwelcome point and the next thing for me to ignore such post, Noppe i don't do it. :

You dig?

No

That is an outright balderdash...

Imagine yourself as a mother, you just decided to check on you son that has been living alone for a while, you know for sure that he can take care of himself, you know for sure that he can cook for himself. Ok now, you got to his and met a stranger (a lady) on his bed, you greeted eachother and ask of your son from her, suddenly ur son comes out of the kitchen sweating, you ask your son what he has been doing and he said he's been cooking…

Did you know her before
Is she married to him already
Do you expect someone to be cooking for your son when you know he's been living alone
What if the girl is not around, won't your son sweat while cooking before
Why don't you employ a cook for him since you dont want him to sweat undecided

Are they married?
Do you know her before?

What has gotten to this?
What is the meaning of ashawo

How many of your money has she collected ma? undecided
Do you know her before?
Do you think you can just spew all these ish to a stranger? undecided

[qupte] Ha! Mo gbe, my son has
been charmed....
It is mother like you that don't want to see husband assisting their wifes at home.

I guess you know nothing about love undecided

Now a good mother will not vituperate or conclude the way you did up here.... (no offence)
Just present your objection!
lolzzzz,seriously i'm not saying a guy shouldn't help a lady in cooking. But that doesn't mean d lady should make it his priority. As for me, i can cook for him whether he is my bf or not. That doesn't mean u should take me for granted. But what's d big deal in cooking? Abeg oo..
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Fitz22(f): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you,..what threat wil I give you when we get married?

U obviously dnt know how to cook@ OP..
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by barnabas91: 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
TahariX:

Is she your house girl?
Nawa o! My dear, hrd dis frm a pastor, a very popular 1 4 dat matter... He said true love is measure by how much yu can sacrifice. Just as a guy cn hardly spend a dime on a gurl he doesn't love, same with ladies.....I put it to you that you don't love ur guy I swear. Even Jesus had to sacrifice his life to show us hw much he loves us....cookin na small tin, my gal wash my clothes, boxers and I wash hers when she's down. The true meaning of love is doin wht others tinks it stupid to do....I don't wanna talk much. Thr are lots of tinz u shud knw my dear, even with a guy. Coz its vice-versa
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Rilwayne001: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
yhermmie:

lolzzzz,seriously i'm not saying a guy shouldn't help a lady in cooking. But that doesn't mean d lady should make it his priority. As for me, i can cook for him whether he is my bf or not. That doesn't mean u should take me for granted. But what's d big deal in cooking? Abeg oo..

Now you are talking...

I'm not totally against it either.

The conversation you used earlier is inept, especially the way you portrayed the "mum"
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yungmill(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
From what I have seen most 9ja girls are lazy, first up it was its not d duty of a wife to cook for her family now this.
Its not a crime if a lady cooks 4 her bf because its a once in a while thing and a display of affection, cos u don't both llive 2geda, but lazy and naïve 9ja girls be like I can't except his my husband but d main thing u are to keep 4 ur husband u are letting him shine it everyday even in d kitchen.
Ladies expect their bf to take dem out, buy dem gifts, recharge dia phone acc, even give dem money 4 upkeep from his salary and still pamper dem by taking dem to d spa then get dem new cloths and dey make new hair, and I wonder but dis is just bf and gf tynz yet guys don't complain and u girls feel u can!

9ja girls being hypocrites and stingy since eve
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yhermmie(f): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Now you are talking...

I'm not totally against it either.

The conversation you used earlier is inept, especially the way you portrayed the "mum"
Ok sir!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by damilola231(f): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
slimmy05:
don't mind those feminist losers. I just ignore them cos they are all attention who.re.s
As in ehn, am just surprised that most girls would be quick to open their legs but cooking is an issue
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by TeeVee(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Godmother:
I see no biggy in it. If I go to my boyfriend's house I will cook. Even my best male friend, whenever I go to his place I cook for us both to eat. If the house is dirty we clean-up together. However, the day I don't feel like doing anything I will sit and cross my legs and we will sort ourselves out by buying boli and groundnut or something else if he cannot cook

Gbam...waa gbayii #fistbump...Now that's what I call a relationship not all the arrant misconceptions u ladies are peddling

Nobi dettol advert oo...If u don't take care of him,plenty girls dey queue

Selah...
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yungmill(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
damilola231:

As in ehn, am just surprised that most girls would be quick to open their legs but cooking is an issue

Your head dey dere
You go marry better husband
And live like queen 4 mansion

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by damilola231(f): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
foxxynik:

With your beauty....and such a superlative
most senseful post.... I give you my blessings!!
Hehehe, thanks
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Rilwayne001: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
foxxynik:

Amongst every other thing, a guy could dump a girl simply becoz she's not a good cook!!!
A friend of mine, a banker, dumped a girl coz she cooks watery soups!
and she wasn't ready to make a change on her recipes..

Every mother will always react to show that their son has been over used by his gf...
From what she posted... If the gf had helped in the cooking.... That would've been a different story!

I concur!

The mother asked who she was to him first before she displayed that exigency of cry for her son.

It is un-called for, i see no reason why she should vituperate like that, i see no reason why she should call her ashawa and all sort of names. She's knowing her for the first time.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
slimmy05:
get the hell out
undecided undecided
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by barnabas91: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:

that's cute sha ,real African woman.but what happens years from now wen she stops doing that? but I still like that in her its cool been trying to learn how to braid. marry her but pls not becos she sabi braid n cooks for ur family.that's y most people are like "but she wasn't this way when we were dating"
Then if that's the case, it may be that the guy is not doing something that she want.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by damilola231(f): 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
yungmill:

Your head dey dere
You go marry better husband
And live like queen 4 mansion
Big AMEN to that cheesy
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Rilwayne001: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
yhermmie:

Ok sir!

Yessma
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

I concur!

It is un-called for, i see no reason why she should vituperate like that, i see no reason why she should call her ashawa and all sort of names. She's knowing her for the first time.

Quite uncalled for....for calm mothers..

But most mothers wouldn't help it but to spew it out! coz eventually, she'll eat the food...

Most mothers will shut up to observe every bit of the scene before calling her son aside for any motherly advise!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by DonCaleb: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
Deefuray:
I concur. I don't subscribe to playing the role of a wife when you're just a mere girlfriend

So your understanding of being a wife is only by cooking?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
damilola231:

Hehehe, thanks

You're welcome!!!!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tonyx4x44(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
Anyi3:

I initially thought the thread was about forcing a girl to cook.

If your bf asks nicely that you cook every time and you're in the mood to cook, what's wrong? Every relationship has its dynamics.
It's only a problem when he forces you to cook.

I don't like talking about girls and money but see this scenario - How many girls have complained that every time they go out, the boy spends his cash? What would he now spend when you marry then undecided

As said earlier, if you wanna do it do it stop thinking about the when I become your wife story.

Word!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by veraniky(f): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
a lady should nt cuk 4 d guy shes dating,cos ur nt yet married 2 him bt u can help him wen hes d one doing d cuking.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by deuce7(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
Godmother:
I see no biggy in it. If I go to my boyfriend's house I will cook. Even my best male friend, whenever I go to his place I cook for us both to eat. If the house is dirty we clean-up together. However, the day I don't feel like doing anything I will sit and cross my legs and we will sort ourselves out by buying boli and groundnut or something else if he cannot cook
SIMPLE!!! You have said it all.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by yungmill(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
veraniky:
a lady should nt cuk 4 d guy shes dating,cos ur nt yet married 2 him bt u can help him wen hes d one doing d cuking.
This is one of the few sensible girls I have seen on nl can only wish u meet a guy who will cherish u

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by nomabeeee(f): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
My topic made front page..for the very first time...soo happy.. grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tonyx4x44(m): 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Godmother:

So because I'm dating someone I should cut off from every male? Incase you must know, my male best friend is engaged to be married soon. We've been friends since we were both 17. I'm not going to cut off from him just because I met a guy.

And also there is and has never been anything shady btw us. A male and a female can be platonic friends, you know

That guy wants to screw you bad! #guycode
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
as a lady, if Ur visit will be short one, ie u are not going to stay for days, then u can eat out with Ur man BUT if your are going to spend days then sweety you just have to cook... u cook not cos u are his wife but cos u care for him

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
Tymax:

angry
Don't tell me you can't cook?
Sighs
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by nomabeeee(f): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
orchmani:
mumu post by mumu person...that's why a guy go date u for 7 years and gets married to a girl he met for just 2months...prove urself a wife material then u'll become one..if u can't feed ur man then ur useless as a woman..so what role do u play as a gf in his life?ask for money and to pay ur bills abi?rubbish
my dear..u dnt have to use those words on me for just a comment..read my post vry well..I want to bliv u aint blind..I said u must not always cook ..u re quoting me wrong orchmani..
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by kpeteman(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
it does not matter what the ladies here think,if you love ur bf treat him as such...... he will pray for you....dats a good woman.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Tymax(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
3cycle:

Don't tell me you can't cook?
Sighs
Okay I won't tell u
angry
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
Tymax:

Okay I won't tell u
angry
I was thinking you would teach me how to make ewa oyin undecided
Highly disappointed. So what were you learning all those while back in school?
I give up on guys in here!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
ihedinobi2:
If you visit, it's ok. If I visit, it's ok. When we go out I'll pick up the tab. When we do anything together that occasions spending I'll pay. I won't give you allowances to run your life. I won't pay for your hair and BIS.
See them stingy people.
When I pay for my boyfriend's haircut sometimes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (42) (Reply)

The WOOING CHALLENGE 2015 [Female Edition] #DAY1 / Busty Nigerian Ladies Recount How Men Stare At Them & Nasty Experiences / Deborah, Skinny Model Twerks Better Than Curvy Ladies, Goes Nude For Artwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.