Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (101818 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by TahariX(f): 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
GoodGirl2:
I know girls who can't even boil eggs and are happily married.
I know great cooks who are seriously single and searching.

!!!!!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
CFCfan:

It's not about being Mr. Nice guy. What if I believe in no sex before marriage?
If I visit my gf, and she cooks for me, there is nothing wrong there. What I don't approve of is forcing the gf to come to your house to cook and wash your laundry.
and where was it stated in the post and when do men order their gf to go and cook and wash their laundry? Cut Nigerian guys some slack Abeg. We are not that bad like this cheap feminist paint us. Please, if you want to comment, pls do in relation to the post.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tintingz(m): 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
slimmy05:
It's quite obvious you have understanding issues. You need to read the post again. Where is it written that men force their girlfriend to cook for them. You sound insane.
Go back and read through some guys posts...they all expected their "girlfriends" to cook for them when no introduction, engagement have not even occur in that relationship.

This guys don't even no their girlfriends parent.

Some girls are just so desperate and they are dumped, this is an advantage guys now do.

cooking na love? abeg which love be that?

Naija girls don suffer. grin

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tintingz(m): 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Don't mind these little guys jare.

They know nothing about love and relationship....
They are lazy block heads. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by veraniky(f): 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
slimmy05:
You don't even sound intelligent. Am very sure you'll end up with a carpenter who will always nail you head. Ignorant trolls
i dnt knw y ur tking it so personal,ur 2 contribute ur idea 2 d discussion
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Olaone1: 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
tintingz:

And having sex is enjoyed by both party, a mere girlfriend not even engaged to the man cooking and washing for a lazy dude is like a maid, she will be the one to the cooking ish.
The food is also enjoyed by both. undecided
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
zoe123:

he's never been a food person not dat he doesn't appreciate my cooking. n my wedding bell is for February n he's not hooked by any exterior thing about.

I wouldn't know u were this lucky! Congratulation ma'am! And my warmest regards to him!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
mascot87:

Ok, how is your husband doing? Hope he is not giving you too much trouble undecided undecided
tch
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by pickabeau1: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
nomabeeee:
thank u dearie..my topic was actually"you should not always cook for the man u re dating(my reasons)"but when it made front page I saw anoda tin..don't knw if it was edited and all that..this is actually my first post that made fp..back to ur question..from my post,if u read it well u will understand that I dnt hv issues cooking for my man..I only believe it shouldn't be an everyday,every hour thing..cos we r simply dating and not married.. I also emphasized dt if I visit him like 5times,I should cook like once or twice out of doz times..why re this guys not seeing that particular line huh..it is quite differnt when a man and hs bae cooks together..I buy d idea buh the one of having myself bein entitled to ur kitchen all the time is a no no for me..love n relationship is a beautiful xperience but that doesn't mean you shouldn't know ur place in his life..meanwhile I posted this topic cos I knew its gona be a controversal thing and I needed to know other people's opinion too..I enjoyed the comments so far..

OK...moderation in all things

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
slimmy05:
he will when you always make watery soup and burnt rice.
ppl lyk u wn't jus get it,,persuade u lil sis 2 turn into ha bf slave if u av one
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
tintingz:
Go back and read through some guys posts...they all expected their "girlfriends" to cook for them when no introduction, engagement have not even occur in that relationship.

This guys don't even no their girlfriends parent.

Some girls are just so desperate and they are dumped, this is an advantage guys now do.

cooking na love? abeg which love be that?

Naija girls don suffer. grin

Tell yourself the truth. Everybody hates the truth but the truth doesn't care. Relationship is a 50/50 thing. Just the way an average Nigerian girl expect you to be her provider because you're the bf that how an average Nigerian guy think you should hell make the home organized and cook when you come around.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
slimmy05:
he will when you always make watery soup and burnt rice.
ppl lyk u wn't jus undastnd,,persuade ur lil sis 2 turn into her bf maid if u av one.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tintingz(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
Certifiedboss:

Tell yourself the truth. Everybody hates the truth but the truth doesn't care. Relationship is a 50/50 thing. Just the way an average Nigerian girl expect you to be her provider because you're the bf that how an average Nigerian guy think you should hell make the home organized and cook when you come around.
Must you spend?

If she needs a provider she should gon meet her father.

Olaone1:

The food is also enjoyed by both. undecided
Who will go to the market, buy food stuff and cook, sweating in the kitchen for one lazy dude?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
It's very disheartening that some girls here are calling themselves guest at their bfs house simply because of this cooking issue . If you know the true meaning of being a guest trust me you won't spend 1month in the relationship when you're being treated as one. It's also a shame that some girls on here feel it's more respectful to open your legs for a guy you are not married to than helping him out in the kitchen. I see some girls see more of their female pride in cooking than them not going naked for a guy they are not married to. It's also a disappointment that some girls see it as a taboo to cook for a guy who's just a bf. Picture your elder brother telling you he's getting married to a guy who has never cooked for him? Won't you find it funny and laugh. According to the person that posted the article, she's against cooking always for the bf. A girl who truly loves her bf will know things she shouldn't allow the bf do when she's around. At the same time a guy who truly loves his gf won't treat her as a slave. On my part, no girl has ever washed for me, not because they refuse to but they hardly see my clothes dirty. I've only dated just one girl that cooked for me. I don't give a damn, I was feeding before I met her so I will still feed without her cooking. But in a case whereby she opens her mouth to lay down such rules about her not cooking because we are not yet married then I will make her understand that her welfare is totally the responsibility of her parents until I put a ring in her finger

5 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
tintingz:
Must you spend?

If she needs a provider she should gon meet her father.

Who will go to the market, buy food stuff and cook, sweating in the kitchen for one lazy dude?

Who will go to work and bring out money to change wardrobe, weavon and phone for one liability of a gf? My dear be rational in your thinking. I believe we all are adult here and our brains should be put to full functionality. It takes two to tangle. The fact remains that two people that are truly in love won't complain about this. It's only a girl that doesn't know how to cook that's scared of the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Olaone1: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
tintingz:

So, if the foodstuff is already stacked up by the boyfriend in his cupboard, it's okay for her to cook? And, you don't call a guy who worked for the money to buy foodstuff "lazy". Okay?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by StarFlux: 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
Both the guy and girl can cook. I don't see the big fuzz about cooking.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tintingz(m): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
Certifiedboss:

Who will go to work and bring out money to change wardrobe, weavon and phone for one liability of a gf?
any guy that does this is, is a maga mugun.

So a guy should go to work and make money to change a girl wardrobe, buy her phones, pay her Brazilian hair?

That guy must be maga-007 grin

as long as they are not married or engaged, her provider still remains her parents.

or are you telling me a girl can't hustle to make money?

My dear be rational in your thinking. I believe we all are adult here and our brains should be put to full functionality. It takes two to tangle. The fact remains that two people that are truly in love won't complain about this. It's only a girl that doesn't know how to cook that's scared of the kitchen
My posts are more rational with valid points.

Like have said if a girl willingly cooked for her boyfriend it is her choice but when a guy expected her or force his girlfriend to cook sound like a maid traits.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tintingz(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
Olaone1:

So, if the foodstuff is already stacked up by the boyfriend in his cupboard, it's okay for her to cook? And, you don't call a guy who worked for the money to buy foodstuff "lazy". Okay?

who will be the one sweating in the kitchen?

If he works for his money to by food that's his business, if he's hungry he should get to the kitchen and cook not expecting his unverified girlfriend to cook for him.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Olaone1: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
tintingz:
who will be the one sweating in the kitchen?

If he works for his money to by food that's his business, if he's hungry he should get to the kitchen and cook not expecting his unverified girlfriend to cook for him.
unverified girlfriend?
Seems you are intensifying your effort to please someone in here undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by deavicky(m): 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
TahariX:
I personally will not cook for anyone I'm not married to. I can cook for you if you're coming over to visit but going to someone's house and cooking for them is just a no-no. I'm not your wife bruh.
u can't even cook see how u paint ur nails like mammy water.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Swiftboy(m): 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
TahariX:

Lmao. Eyah I guess your tiny brain cannot process the fact that a girlfriend isn't the same as a housemaid.
this is by far the most myopic worldview ever! Am not gona marry a lazy lady that'll ask me to cook for her cos she think cooking for both of us makes her a housemaid. Smh angry
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Beey(f): 12:26am On Nov 02, 2014
Pamcrest:

I agree! These same men expecting a gf to cook for them on another thread will vow not to do certain things for a gf simply because she's not his wife.....hypocrisy or male chauvinism! grin
When he proposes, then he can expect wifely treatment! Dating n marriage is not d same thing
My humble submission
Haha,my sister from another mother,I totally agree with you.Even Beyonce told them that if they like it,they should put a ring on it.Period!Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 02, 2014
CFCfan:

Oga, it's not just about cooking. Personally, I won't allow my gf to move into my place until I've paid the dowry (if she's Nigerian) and/or I've put a ring on her finger.
easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by tobymichael(m): 12:39am On Nov 02, 2014
Na all these kain yarns dey make una stay una papa house till una reach 40years...mtchewwww
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Solozzo(m): 1:21am On Nov 02, 2014
Deefuray:
I concur. I don't subscribe to playing the role of a wife when you're just a mere girlfriend

Cooking for him is an expression of your love, which is spontaneous and unpoliticised. It helps you two get closer and understand yourselves. Why do you two make love when you are not his wife yet? Why does he care for you,help you financially and socially when u are not his wife yet. It's simply love!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 3:24am On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=tintingz post=27648336] any guy that does this is, is a maga mugun.

So a guy should go to work and make money to change a girl wardrobe, buy her phones, pay her Brazilian hair?

That guy must be maga-007 grin

as long as they are not married or engaged, her provider still remains her parents.

or are you telling me a girl can't hustle to make money?

My posts are more rational with valid points.

Like have said if a girl willingly cooked for her boyfriend it is her choice but when a guy expected her or force his girlfriend to cook sound like a maid traits. [/quote

]

The original post never mentioned anything like the guy forcing the gf to cook. You swerving out of the main discussion
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 3:33am On Nov 02, 2014
Beey:
Haha,my sister from another mother,I totally agree with you.Even Beyonce told them that if they like it,they should put a ring on it.Period!Thank you.

Trust me Beyonce must have made a meal or two for JayZ before they got married. Don't let her songs fool you. She only made a rhyme. Girls like you are the type another fellow girl will give wrong advise and you end up loosing your relationship. The fact remains that two people that are truly in love won't see this as an issue

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 3:38am On Nov 02, 2014
TahariX:
I personally will not cook for anyone I'm not married to. I can cook for you if you're coming over to visit but going to someone's house and cooking for them is just a no-no. I'm not your wife bruh.

Trust me you are the type that cook for your bf with your own money when you go to his house. It's painful. You're very wicked. Girls like you come on social networks and comment rubbish to mislead other light headed girls.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 02, 2014
Nashoji:
so putting ring on your finger is guarantee you marriage right? you forget that I can still put ring on your finger and turn you to lord of the ring yet I will still dump you any time I deem fit. so pls spare that ring thing OK.

Put a ring on it means seal the deal in this case marriage, ooookkkkkaaaaaayyyyyy
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Poseidon012(m): 5:43am On Nov 02, 2014
DonCaleb:

So your understanding of being a wife is only by cooking?
.......LOW MENTALITY
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Poseidon012(m): 5:46am On Nov 02, 2014
Certifiedboss:

Trust me you are the type that cook for your bf with your own money when you go to his house. It's painful. You're very wicked. Girls like you come on social networks and comment rubbish to mislead other light headed girls.
GOD BLESS YOU

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (42) (Reply)

AI Generated Sexy Bikini Models Going Viral, Set To Replace Women (Photos) / Man Caught In Bed With Another Man's Wife. See Slaps (Photos) / The WOOING CHALLENGE 2015 [Female Edition] #DAY1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.