Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari (59532 Views)

Pictures & Updates On Gen Okechukwu Buhari's Visit To Imo State Today / I Have Endorsed President Jonathan. – Shagari Told Buhari. / Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by dunkem21(m): 11:24am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
"Nigerian new leader GMB is known to Western observers. He is considered intelligent, conservative and free from corruption. A western oriented pragmatist. For that reason, US officials have hope that the new Nigerian government will work to maintain good relations with the US."

ABC News, 1983

1983? That was like a century ago. The 19th century. We are almost in the 21st century and we need fresh things.
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2014
dunkem21:

1983? That was like a century ago. The 19th century. We are almost in the 21st century and we need fresh things.
Ogbeni, 1983 is 20th Century.

Can you tell us any other nigerian leader that enjoys such commendation?
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by dunkem21(m): 11:37am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Ogbeni, 1983 is 20th Century.

Can you tell us any other nigerian leader that enjoys such commendation?

Dont you think that the US will really call us fools for presenting the same person after thirty something years?
Who was the US president in 1983? emm emm what is that his name?

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 01, 2014
dunkem21:

Dont you think that the US will really call us fools for presenting the same person after thirty something years?
Do you knw how many Leaders and Foreign Personalities have called Nigerians fools for electing Jonathan?

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by dunkem21(m): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Do you knw how many Leaders and Foreign Personalities have called Nigerians fools for electing Jonathan?

They will call us bigger fools for going back thirty something years sorry a century backward at this tech age.

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by biafranqueen: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
arewafederation:

Even the TANdroids attest to the good qualities of Gen Buhari.

Why should you chose a certified failure over an extraordinary performer?
Let's go beyond sentiments and vote the right person to return Nigeria to the path of greatness.... That person is Gen Buhari
Sorry those PDP Pigs are not my friends I vote person not party like other sheeple. When I listen to Buhari speak he is sounding the same as he did in 1983 and regardless of what you spew, Nigeria's infrastructure, business structure and transformation has obviously improved these 4 years. Goodluck may not be the most articulate, but elections are free and fair (for citizens). When citizens ask for the Aviation Minister to be fired, even though we were able to track her progress and success, he did so because of bullet proof car that all of APC while in PDP enjoyed (Including Fashola's whose own was more expensive).

Nigerians are not ready to teach an old dog new tricks and they would rather deal with the devil they know. We say No to Old Killers from past military regimes. You people have time Buhari can be the President of NL Seun forward him the mod position, he can help you rid you boards of corrupt thought patterns.
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by biafranqueen: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
dunkem21:

Jimmy Carter who is now a great statesman and travels the world to fight for peace and fairness. That is what 70 year old men are suppose to do, but why are we even arguing with his employee's BTW undecided They will never change views.

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by dunkem21(m): 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
biafranqueen:
Jimmy Carter who is now a great statesman and travels the world to fight for peace and fairness. That is what 70 year old men are suppose to do, but why are we even arguing with his employee's BTW undecided They will never change views.

Ok. Imagine Jimmy contesting with obama

You are my biafran queen, the girl of my dreams ......

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by biafranqueen: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
dunkem21:

Ok. Imagine Jimmy contesting with obama
That is pure Comedy! See how Americans even Republicans did not want old a$$ McCain. But we want a President with onset dementia so his APC henchman can run the show from behind. How will he stop the corruption by the way he does know he has to go through the judicial process and in the 9ja system they will be in court for the rest of his days on this earth.

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by biafranqueen: 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
this is a warped thinking. Were Americans Sleeping when they elected lincoln? In America Age isn't an issue. As for Carter, he is rated as one of the least performed President ever by Americans themselves. How do you expect such person to come back to Power? Just like saying Goodluck recontesting in 2019 after being kicked in 2015. Maybe SA were foolish for electing Mandela. What men like GMB , Mandela and Lincoln enjoy is "Goodwill", that same Goodwill was enjoyed by immediate past 3 term Senegalese President and a 4time losing candidate Wade, incumbent Ivory Coast President and 3 times defeated aspirant Allasane Ouatarra and ofcourse late Zambias President Sata. This goodwill they garnered over a period of time due to their integrity, performance, constistency in idoelogy, incorruptible and cleanliness in reputation.

You sound like one that is supposed to be smart but something keep making you clueless.
Seeing this cement my position on your kind of person.

Adieu
I just read your first question about Lincoln and knew the rest is trash. For your information at the time Americans did not vote Lincoln in because most were still enslaved or illiterate white farmers, just like today a group of representatives from the Elite North brought him victory in the electoral college. But the people of the South protested which was the War that killed the most Americans ever.
Biko don't quote me we are not the the same level Dear.

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Imoy(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
He is too old.

We need fresh and young blood.
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by dunkem21(m): 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
Imoy:
He is too old.

Its just like Obasanjo contesting again. The thing is so annoying.
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Imoy:
He is too old.

Sadly the PDP only printed one form and it is for Jonathan despite his cluelessness. But the APC sells their form to anyone interested. You can pressure whoever you have in mind to get his/her form.

How old was Mandela when he was elected?

Lincoln?

Allasane Ouatarra?

Wade?

Sata?
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
grin...OBJ got me laughing by that..'They just fear let's go to jail'..sincerely that's the truth! GMB's unpredictability makes him dreaded by his detractors thus cos they can't trust/buy him over. These is one quality we must watch out for during voting..GMB laboured to buy his form VS TAN purchasing form for GEJ..be sincere, whose govt could easily be hijacked?? The real truth is that the GEJ is NOT the main decision maker in these country; it's the big boys in TAN (Otedola, Uba, Dangote,INNOSON and co) as well as NOI and Dieziani..these guys are, investing heavily on GEJ and in return, he would favour policies that would bring them huge fortunes in their business; as well as side-stepping their corrupt cases..but who's sponsoring GMB?? Who is his political god father?? None I suppose...APC is just a mere political platform he's contesting on..This reminds me of two chapters in 48 laws of power..'Despise the free lunch' and 'Gratitude brings burden....' When someone does u any good, psychologically u r indebted to d person and until u repay that act act of gratitude..u r a prisoner! That's the story between GEJ and TAN
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
@ Louisvangaal

You are indeÉd a wise mÀn. Most pdp guys knw where theÝ are heÀding tÓ oncÉ GMB get elÊcted. If you hear what GMB saidn he said he doesn't want anyone to pay for his form, hence, he called his bank. He doesn't want someone to say "I bankrolled your campaign with looted fund". This reminds me of 48 Laws of Power
This reminds me of two chapters in 48 laws of power..'Despise the free lunch' and 'Gratitude brings burden....

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by Franzeez(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2014
barcanista:
Even a Mad Man recognize a speedy trailer on the highway. That Jonathan is clueless in his style of governance does not mean that he doesn't know what a patriot is.

Define clueless? Am sure u are a muslim, and may be a hausa man and am sure u are an illitrate, ma sure u are not civilized and am fully sure that you are daft. Let me tell you all sometin, only good leaders are not accepted by all and are strongly criticized! GEJ is Nigerias best president take it or leave it. GMB is good No doubt but he has given his all, had he not overthrown a shagari government we would have been far advanced. Nigeria is suffering from serveral decade of Hausa and Fulani military domination, we won't take that again in this democracy. No matter the propagander Nomatter the Black mail our otuke man whatever u like you call him must complete his 2 terms in office. When the hausa military generals were transfering power from one person to another nobody talked about that. Mtcheew! Anyway I trust the pdp. They know how to win elections. Apc will know that its not 10states we are talking about here do they even have 10 states, decampees made them look relevant, apc can never win 10 states in Nigerias election... Do they have the grassroot platform even GMB's cpc of 2011 won just 1 state with all GMB's popularity. Abeg u dumb nairaland politicians should shut up with all these useless analysis
Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by derecho(m): 9:32am On Nov 15, 2014
barcanista:
PreSident Shehu Shagari

“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problem especially in the sight of international community because of his being an epitome of integrity.“

President Goodluck Jonathan

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“

President Olusegun Obasanjo

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear let‘s go to jail “

"Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible

President Musa Yaradua

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“

General Abdusalam Abubakar

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“

General Sani Abacha

“I have realise our collective mistake in over- throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come & do what is best known of you. Patriotic service to the nation.“(PTF Inaugural Speech)

So a "corrupt" GEJ's assessment of Buhari is relevant?I also noticed these people using the verb "was".What is wrong with using the word "is" or "has been".
Interesting, though,is the fact that he could work with Abacha without contesting against him.But He is vocal against OBJ and GEJ.
Look at what IBB said:
The initial objectives were betrayed and fundamental changes do not appear on the horizon. Because the present state of uncertainty, suppression and stagnation resulted from the perpetration of a small group, the Nigerian Armed Forces could not as a part of that government be unfairly committed to take responsibility for failure. Our dedication to the cause of ensuring that our nation remains a united entity worthy of respect and capable of functioning as a viable and credible part of the international community dictated the need to arrest the situation.
https://www.nairaland.com/432356/text-general-ibrahim-babangidas-coup
Why should we take this to the bank?

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari is sure an incorruptible man.

Kudos to the owner of this thread. grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:28am On Apr 30, 2015
Caseless:
Wont you rather give ur vote to the people's general?

barcanista:
Why won't I? Even Mr President affirms that he is a true patriot

Unfortunately, he didn't give his vote to the General because bigotry later overtook his sense of reasoning. But guess what? he was beaten black and blue. grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:29am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
PreSident Shehu Shagari

“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problem especially in the sight of international community because of his being an epitome of integrity.“

President Goodluck Jonathan

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“

President Olusegun Obasanjo

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear let‘s go to jail “

"Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible

President Musa Yaradua

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“

General Abdusalam Abubakar

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“

General Sani Abacha

“I have realise our collective mistake in over- throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come & do what is best known of you. Patriotic service to the nation.“(PTF Inaugural Speech)

Are we not lucky to have Buhari as our president? Surely we are. grin grin

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promise & as we knew him to mean his words all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“
"I respect Buhari. He was my Boss .He was an honourable man. And I can say this anywhere”. -General Ibrahim Babangida

ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM-PDP BOT Member

“As a member PDP BOT, i decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organisation because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs .
“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”

Prof Tam David West

“The issue of Gen. Buhari‘s presidency was always being dreaded by the criminals who looted the nation to stuppor by embarking upon campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“

Sen Ahmed Makarfi-Fmr Kaduna State Governor, PDP BOT Member

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wither he run for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“

Alh Balarabe Musa, Fmr Kaduna State Governor

"Now my task is to challenge all of us to ensure this man becomes President this year. General Buhari deserves to be given a chance. When he became Head of State after the 1983 coup, thousands of Second Republic politicians, including me were picked and locked up by the Junta. But even in kirikiri, I discovered that the NPN elements among us were giving bribe to prison officials to ensure they got double ration of food. It dawned on me that people who can offer bribes even in kirikiri have no reason to be our leaders. Buhari was vindicated"

Chief Femi Falana, Fmr President, West African Bar Association

"Buhari was a soldier of HONOUR. There are soldiers and there are soldiers. There are soldiers who are men of honor. The man (Buhari) has decided to commit 26% of budgetary allocation to education"

And this is the same man that a clown who later sold his soul for protection now loves to hate so much!

I pity you oooooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
He is the man of the people. Honest Generals love him, even the corrupt IBB and Brutal Abacha respects him.
Integrity is value.

To All those TANs, Jonathanians, PDP apologists(Ngwakwe mogidi phockphockman brownlord descartes etc) Obasanjo have this to say to you

"All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear let‘s go to jail “

To All those that believes in GMB, the Progressives (Omenka egift obiagelli berem rawani mynd44 etc) and the Patriots, Jonathan have this to say to you...

Make una see his life o! Chai, daris God ooooo.

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Let us all join hands and support the people's General by returning him to Aso Rock in May 2015

We true patriotic and progressive Nigerians did but you failed! Wow!

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:34am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Anybody can call himself honest, I don't care. What is said of Buhari is all that matters. Obasanjo is one man that will NEVER massage anybody's ego, he says things the way he means it without an apology. Ask Jonathan and Atiku how far grin grin

And he says this about OBJ too! grin grin grin

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Even a Mad Man recognize a speedy trailer on the highway. That Jonathan is clueless in his style of governance does not mean that he doesn't know what a patriot is.

He even agreed that GEJ is clueless. What has changed?

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
On Goodluck Jonathan

President Jonathan
'If I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can’t fix power, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”-

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo 2013
"Jonathan has failed to deliver on his promises to the Nigerian people ... of living of Nigerians, Mr. Jonathan had betrayed God and the Nigerian people that brought him to power, and has been pursuing selfish personal and political interests based on advice he receives from “self-centred aides”.-

Gen IBB
"The best we could do is to always sit with him in an environment that is really conducive and then give him advice, and I think I am glad to say that we are doing the best we can to assist him, while we urge Nigerians to be patient with Mr. President."-

President Museveni
“I have never invited the United Nations to guard our security. Me, Yoweri Museveni to say that I have failed to protect my people and I call in the UN …I would rather hang myself. We prioritised national security by developing a strong army; otherwise our Uganda would be like DRC, South Sudan, Somalia or Nigeria where militias have disappeared with school children. It will be a vote of no confidence in our country and our citizens if we can’t guarantee our security. What kind of persons would we be?”- President Museveni of Uganda attacking Nigeria and Jonathan in its handling of BH

Speaker Aminu Tambawal
“The President’s body language seems to be encouraging corrupt practices in the country
cc:Ploy

In his own words on his now paymaster, GEJ.

But why? All for protection?

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:40am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On Apr 30, 2015
biafranqueen:
Actually people with this type of physiological wahala are powerless in real life and come to cyber world to vent frustration. He is only following the general character of APC members, to them the truth is what you make it and they feel if they repeat nonsense long enough people will start thinking its sense.

We all know Buhari is corruption free but we don't want his kind of experience as Head of State. No more old War Generals ruling Nigeria. His tactics worked well under military rule, lets get over recycling these has beens. We have been there and done that, move on people move on!

His response to this post:
barcanista:
You are seriously fighting against yourself.

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:42am On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Sadly the PDP only printed one form and it is for Jonathan despite his cluelessness. But the APC sells their form to anyone interested. You can pressure whoever you have in mind to get his/her form.

How old was Mandela when he was elected?

Lincoln?

Allasane Ouatarra?

Wade?

Sata?

Re: Jonathan, Shagari, Obasanjo and Others Opinion On Gen Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2015
omenka:
Buhari is the only Nigerian politician about whom such things can be said with honesty and truth. No one gets close to him in integrity and probity.

I don't think even the TANoids could say these of their HNIC. They know he represents everything that ails Nigeria economically, socially, politically, and security wise.

Sat with some Khaki Boys yesterday and they gave me very chilling accounts of some of the reasons why the war against terror is not being won!! My jaw dropped when I heard some of them!!

It is so heartbreaking some people come here to shout "GEJtillXYZ" when they can hardly tell their left hand from the right in darkness.

We can ill afford repeating the mistakes of 2011 as a people. The country has been haemorrhaging since Jonathan came of board it can hardly stand any further abuses.

I recognize you Omenka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

President Buhari's Cute Face (original Photo) / Okorocha Renames Ministry Of Happiness, Blames Printer’s Devil / Maria Ude Nwachi: 'I Am Attracted To Intelligence, With It, You Can Have Me'

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72