Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (128151 Views)

Seven Reasons Guys Cheat Easily / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
slimmy05:
and how does being married prepares him for such. You really do not have a point bro.
...thank you...
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

I cud ask u dsame question u knw. so r u a bastad?
No mind them. Some well-educated bastards from my town did not stay long in d bachelor's market.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kccarew(f): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
Thanks so much for those words, heart felt, I hope his hear is open to see and understand , and that should be a reason why he sould try to stand out from his own parent, and make his work.
Krisgift:
Eyah...OP,i can feel ur pain.raising a child in a divorced home ain't good at all.kids raised in such environment are always filled with hate and negativity.you see the way u reason now? their are families dt have stayed up to 50years in marriage that are living happily and raised wonderful kids,because ur parent didn't work out does not mean getting married is a waste of time.think again dear.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
kccarew:
U and I know am not, he made his statement bf I said so, I tell u the truth, I call white white, when u see a fool making a misttake, u call him by his name" you fool come back here u are missing it" then u correct him, with much love from my heart, and believe me, am not, he needs cupid to touch him

nigger! u hv a lot to learn. we will see who is d fool in d end

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by esonuu(m): 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
This poster is high on dope,GO read ur bible and tell me what God said about procreation,was God crazy when he gav us dat instruction?had it been ur dad didnt marry ur mom, u for dey nairaland today? Lemi giv u reasons why u need to marry......(1)Marriage wil make u live a responsible life,except those who have vowed dat no one wil occupy de front row seat in hell fire unles them..(2)95% or more of single guys cant avoid sexual immorality so Marriage wil help u obey Gods word which says "thou shall not commit adultery/fornication unles u're de type that the devil has ordained to live in sin 4ever, (3)GODs word wil always cum to pass,it cant go void so marrying wil help u fulfil his words about procreation (4)A tym cums when ur parents wil age and die,ur siblings wil go to their respective destination and might not even remember u,dat time if u'v gat no new family which is ur wife and kids,if u like,sleep at the club or bar,lonelines wil kill u... (5)That ur mistress,love peddler or maid u'l hire to take kia of ur chores wil kil u one day jst to enlope with ur asset/cash but a wife wont fink of such cos u're her pride unles when u marry the wrong woman/jezebel...(6)without marrying,u wont be complete even if u're richer than bill gate (7)without marriage,u'll be regarded as a fool especially in igbo land and wil not be allowed to lead ur people,tell me any governor or president without a first lady
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
esonuu:
This poster is high on dope,GO read ur bible and tell me what God said about procreation,was God crazy when he gav us dat instruction?had it been ur dad didnt marry ur mom, u for dey nairaland today? Lemi giv u reasons why u need to marry......(1)Marriage wil make u live a responsible life,except those who have vowed dat no one wil occupy de front row seat in hell fire unles them..(2)95% or more of single guys cant avoid sexual immorality so Marriage wil help u obey Gods word which says "thou shall not commit adultery/fornication unles u're de type that the devil has ordained to live in sin 4ever, (3)GODs word wil always cum to pass,it cant go void so marrying wil help u fulfil his words about procreation (4)A tym cums when ur parents wil age and die,ur siblings wil go to their respective destination and might not even remember u,dat time if u'v gat no new family which is ur wife and kids,if u like,sleep at the club or bar,lonelines wil kill u... (5)That ur mistress,love peddler or maid u'l hire to take kia of ur chores wil kil u one day jst to enlope with ur asset/cash but a wife wont fink of such cos u're her pride unles when u marry the wrong woman/jezebel...(6)without marrying,u wont be complete even if u're richer than bill gate (7)without marriage,u'll be regarded as a fool especially in igbo land and wil not be allowed to lead ur people,tell me any governor or president without a first lady
Story teller!

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kccarew(f): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
:PI aint a nigger bro! Am a pretty lady
killjoy:

nigger! u hv a lot to learn. we will see who is d fool in d end
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by MDelgado(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
Your post belied your pissture sorry picture,Manifestly you look like a gentleman..its hard to believe your wrote this but from what have seen from page 0 to 15 I think am convinced..You have defended your post mightily enough..I agree with number 3..But the rest I don't buy it..If you are not a psycho believe me we all need Love..
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
kccarew:
:PI aint a nigger bro! Am a pretty lady
oohhhhhhh. dat explains d prejudice n name calling. r u afraid ur husband to be shud read this post n decide against marrying u?? all is well sha

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Norstrademus(m): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
This explains HW u got to this place u presently are..wat killed ur joy Mr?..ur entitled to ur beliefs buh dnt try to convince pple to go against wat their religion preaches.as for me I opt to stay with wat my bible proposes&pray that I find a good woman Cs wen u do all this drama u mentioned will be almost non existent in ur marriage.skirmishes are sure to happen buh understanding&tolerance repairs any damage..marriage is sacred so be kiaful mr=killjoy post=27676344]
as a matter of fact, d good tins marriage has to offer to a man r tins he can enjoy while still single. wot I withheld r more downsides to marriage. my parents r separated n seem happier that way. my friends Dada died of heart attack caused by his wife, look marriage shud be a no go area for a man who intends to live eida happy or long or both.[/quote]
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
Marriage, like other important aspects of life, isn't meant for everybody. When people do some business, spend a lot of money on education and engage in other essential things of life, it's not all of them that achieve success in these endeavours. Success and failure are normal parts of our lives. The same thing applies to marriage, some lead to happiness, while others don't. The fact that some marriages fail does not make marriage a bad institution, rather it's the human nature that is flawed. People get married for different reasons, and they commit many errors and wrongdoings before and after the marriage. When the consequences of such bad actions start to manifest, it will be unwise to blame anybody or God for the poor decisions we have made.
That you have come across some women who you think are bad doesn't mean you should see women (or marriage) in a bad light, there are good and bad women. And there also good and bad men. Just as there are women that have excessive greed for money and material things, there are also men that have excessive greed for sex and anything in skirts. It isn't logical to make hasty generalization after having some bad experience(s). Whether one is single or married, life is full of ups and downs.
I perceive you are a very young person, hence material things are a big deal to you. After having acquired these things and used them for a while, the euphoria dies down. They start to lose their value.
Money, sex, material things, etc. can never be substitutes for love, family and marriage, they can only aid them. If one's lived in a home filled with love, one wouldn't have such misconceptions about marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by TolaniLuv: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
Tymax:
Hmm this marriage thing sef. Do I want it?

Nicesmiley I want this gif
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

oohhhhhhh. dat explains d prejudice n name calling. r u afraid ur husband to be shud read this post n decide against marrying u?? all is well sha
Not pretty with her presentations. That guy is in for a shocker.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:
readers discretion adviced: this is a long post. get a bowl of popcorn and your glasses. turn off the TV , you don't want to get distracted. if it took me time to write such a lengthy post, I wonder why you should complain about reading it. below are the reasons.

1. We're too different to live together: women love people and relationships, men love objects (like cars, houses, gadgets, game consoles etc), a man's lot is his career, a woman's is marriage (according to the curse after the fall of man), women are indirect, men are always direct, men want sex before they develop feelings for women, women can't have sex without emotional attachment first(unless they r who.res, even if they are who.res lolzzz), a man wants to hv sex, a woman wants to make love (I swear she doesn't even mind just cuddling), men see having dinner as a time to quench hunger, women see having dinner as time for bonding, let me continue? A married man without money feels unfulfilled, a wealthy woman without a man feels similarly, I can go on and on! But no time, my point, you need a lot of patience, tolerance, understanding, endurance, compromise etc to survive in marriage. But life is too short, stay single and be free to be urself or get married and spend the rest of your life struggling to be another person. Continue reading, this is just one of seven.

2. Love doesn't exist: if you intend to stake your future with a woman on an emotion as erratic as love, then you need to have ur head examined. Love is an emotional convulsion which, like other sicknesses, are recovered from with time. Experience has thought me that a woman's love is only skin deep, but you can accentuate it with money. Ohhhh how women react to the smell of cash. Bleep love and go make some muller.

3. You don't need a child: the world will remember you by the kids you left behind. That's a big fat lie!! You don't need a carbon copy of yourself roaming the earth after your demise to ensure your immortality. Instead, the world will remember you by the feats you surmounted! Obama will be remembered not as the father of, I don't even know his child's name and I don't give a fvck bout it! But as the first black US President. Mother Theresa never had a child, Einstein's legacy is not his kids but his discoveries. My point! You are not remembered by the kids you had but the records you set. But if you badly want a kid, adopt one, or get a baby mama and impregnate her but never, never get married just to have kids. marriage is too great a price to pay.

4. There is absolutely nothing new marriage has to offer you: just be honest with yourself. A family? You already belong to one (or do you think you just appeared out of thin air?), love? Your mother loves you like die, trust moi. A woman to manage your home? Get a maid! pay her well and she will manage your home without complications like disrespecting you, PMS, etc. Sex? Gone are the days men marry for sex ooo!!! Sex is damn cheap, you don't need marriage to enjoy it. By the way, what makes you think getting married entitles you to sex when you want it, ie, if at all?? U never jam female Hitler. Continue reading, I'm not even close to the end.

5. Marriage is expensive: a woman's problems end when she gets married (at least on financial level), while a man's problems just begin. Most ladies don't have plans of making money(some stop after getting married). for a woman, after graduating from uni, a husband is top on d list above a job ie, if a job is on the list. Guys, stay alone and worry for one. Apart from financially, marriage drains you emotionally. You have to deal with a partner suffering from PMS five days in a month for life (by the time she reaches menopause, you'd be probably dead) and when she ain't suffering PMS, its worse cos she is pregnant!! Don't forget regular mood swings, test games, among other complicated female emotional ailments. Plus wait till you get divorced before you know how much financially and emotionally expensive marriage could be. That brings us to...

6. It may end up in divorce: possible causes of divorce. She gains weight, sex with one person for years gone stale and boring, the love (or whatever dumb ass name you call it) fades, you want a new woman, (men are polygamous by nature, hard truth. Deal with it), she is no longer the woman you married, (true, women do change after marriage for many reasons, that is story for another day), you cheat on her, she cheats on you, many many more. Don't scar yourself with a painful divorce. Stay single and happy.

7. You get to focus on your dreams without distractions. Like I said earlier, a man's career is his lot (or curse). As s man if you haven't got a successful career, you will probably die unhappy and unproductive. The compromise you have to make to keep her happy will retard you from achieving your dreams to the fullest. Pleasing a woman and pursuing your dreams are mutually exclusive. don't get married.

disclaimer: its ironic when people say honesty is a virtue yet can't bear to hear (or read) the truth.

nota bene: I am not prejudiced towards women. I hate all equally.

You know what this tells me.

You are running from responsibilities.

You feel lower than dust that you cannot bring yourself to face the responsibilities of marriage and as such you are simply trying to justify your position.

But, I will like to hear from you when you are 65.

You see you fail to realize something. Its a lot better in life to do something and get burned for doing it than not doing it at all only to have big regrets that you never tried it. The joys, disappointments, frustrations, the bliss that you experience in marriage is all that adds to life.

Ofcourse there are those who decide to remain single, but definitely not for the silly reasons you just highlighted. Besides you will never see such ones come out to deride marriage itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kccarew(f): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lol, nope, I aint got any issue with that, when u see me sef u can't resist, to be spirit filled, and to be with God following the steps of Christ, u can't go wrong, cupid. Is coming for u..."Wink"
killjoy:

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by RiffRaff: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
Much Respect to U KillJoy. This ur article totally nailed it.
Forget all the crap dillusional people are spewing @ u. Thats life for u, once u dare to be different or choose not to conform to the status quo, u will see clowns cursin and talkin all form of Nonsense.
What i was expectin is a good rebuttal from people who believe in the institution of marriage. Somethin coherent like the article u wrote, all i am seeing is insult and lame sentiment. It's pathethic!
My favourite section on Nairaland is the Family & Romance section.
If u read the kinda stories i read or thing i see in around in marriage now adays. Every1 here wil know the article u wrote is topnotch and on point.
Dont let any1 make it seem like ur writeup has anything to do with ur parent's seperation or ur heart break.
My parents have been married for ova 40 years and are stil together. I have neva being heart broken in any relationship.
I am still pretty certain i do not want to get married in my life cuz i have never understood the point.
Why trade my freedom for bondage and heartache like these sob stories i see around and read here on Nairaland.
Pick up the newspaper, its 1 marriage wahala or the other. Spend 2 hours in the family section & u have to ask: why d Bleep did people do these to themself when they can be perfectly happy being single?
D society has found a way to brainwash people, making them feel marriage is the ultimate achievement in life. That is why u will hear r.etards sayin if a man is not married it means he is not "Responsible" he has not "settled down" very dumb.
They will tell u a woman is not complete no matter what she achieves in life till she finds a man.
That is why most of them jump into the arms of monsters pretendin to be man. They take all form of assualt & live miserable lives. When they finally procreate they concentrate on their children as consolation. Its fu.ckin mental!
I dont see the point.
This not to say i begrudge those who choose to marry. Do whateva makes u happy in Life.
For those saying good things about marriage, lucky u! Please visit the family section of Nairaland and spend 2 hours there then com back here after that enlightenment class.
Wat is d point of an institution where over %90 of people are unhappy?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Dcmg(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
ifeness:

damn you read my mind. Marriage,kids,God,Religion are all unnecessary! They all slow down the pace at which a man should explore the universe.
Chai,broda,what drink do you take?I mean,i'm ready to buy the bar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kandiikane(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

these same words wer on my lips as at January first 2013. pray u don't hv to drink dsame portion I had to drink. all d same, all d best

Awwh, someone broke your heart? Eeyah take heart, as humans our hearts been broken at some point, guess what we do? Move on and live! Dwelling on what has happened will kill you faster than marrying.

P.s. you are generalising and many things you wrote are false.

1. Not every woman loves people, men love people more women. Men cannot live without that social attachment, don't be fooled, men want relationships more than women. Women are direct but society brings women up to be indirect. Many women say what's on their mind and if it is sex, then so be it. If women can't have sex before emotional attachment then who have men been having 1 night stand with? Goats? Unless they are whores? This is a very stup!d thing to say? What makes them a who.re because they slept with you on the first day? Do you know their backgrounds? I don't believe you know the definition of a who.re. what makes you better than her if you are both sleeping together on the first day?

That is bullshyt about a weathy woman without a man feels unfulfilled meaning a weathly man without a woman is alright? The same way you feel unfulfilled without wealth is the same way women feel unfulfilled in poverty, no one enjoys being poor or having to struggle to live eachday, don't get it twisted. I can even go as far as saying we want it even more than you. Feeling unfulfilled without a partner also goes a both ways, we are naturally made like that no different from animals in that aspect but many choose to not indulge in it as it isn't for everyone and it's has nothing to do with gender but individuals.

2. That is your opinion but I think maybe you have been having a lot of expectations from it that's why you think it doesn't exist. Everyone loves money.

3. I agree, you are remembered by your lagacy rather than your children but not having one is your personal decision. If all men decide to not have children today, the women who want them will have the opportunity to make babies of their own choice with stem cells-designer babies. wink

4. True. Opinions though but same can be said for women. We have dildos, vib.rators, other men, and I am certain china will soon be inventing a realistic male with packaging included. With stem cells and future realistic Robots? Men will die off since there is no use for them. Women will choose to have their designer babies as girls.

5. Well obviously if you are poor and living above your means, it will be expensive. Eg:If you cannot afford a high maintenance brazillian haired woman, stop eyeing them and look to your level. The problem with you guys is that you like overreaching and then complain when it gets too expensive for you. Again, talking out of your azz, women have goals and it's not to sit in a man's house to eat his money . Women who do the latter were brought up like that.You can't have your cake and eat it. In fact, you guys are confused. Those girls you are talking about are tailormade specifically for you, it is what you want and asked for. A girl that will come sit in your house, running around at your beck and call like a servant to please you but in the end you have got to pay that servant, those are the rules. You cannot want the latter and still ask for a career woman, that's not how life works.

6. Marriage is never a do or die, if it doesn't work out, you are allowed to walk away.

7. A woman makes more sacrifices for a man than a man does for a woman. Stop talking rubbish. You are meant to make sacrifices in life if you don't, you are one selfish son of a bytch and yes, you should remain single.

Please, let us know when you get married.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by sharpsharp: 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
@killjoy seems someone truly killed your joy. Ladies change like the weather. Take heart man, God has a plan for us all, He instructed us to dominate, multiply and replenish the earth. Have an open heart, it's hard but you can do it, you will surely heal soon.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
princefunmi:

You know what this tells me.

You are running from responsibilities.

You feel lower than dust that you cannot bring yourself to face the responsibilities of marriage and as such you are simply trying to justify your position.

But, I will like to hear from you when you are 65.

You see you fail to realize something. Its a lot better in life to do something and get burned for doing it than not doing it at all only to have big regrets that you never tried it. The joys, disappointments, frustrations, the bliss that you experience in marriage is all that adds to life.

Ofcourse there are those who decide to remain single, but definitely not for the silly reasons you just highlighted. Besides you will never see such ones come out to deride marriage itself.
Are u sure, u will b alive by that time? Check d widowers' rate.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Pdizzle(m): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
Word, killjoy this is real truth, its just too hard to swallow. Make my mama hear say i no wan marry, she go faint.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kccarew(f): 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
No shock here fredii, where do u stand, where do u belong, the truth hurts and could be heart broken too.am loved by somany. And if it will take me to pull op. Or killjoy's ears to talk to them, I will do it, the bible says in the heart of a child there is foolishness, but the rod of correction will drive them out, and also I believe u have heard of the saying "spare the rod and spoil the child" its not may nature to curse, my apologies, but if calling u. That will make u wake up, I will over and over again, take the food u can chew frddi and keep the rest, what I mean is learn ur lesson, n leave the teacher's mistakes out of ur learning!
ferdiii:

Not pretty with her presentations. That guy is in for a shocker.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kernel504(m): 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:
readers discretion adviced: this is a long post. get a bowl of popcorn and your glasses. turn off the TV , you don't want to get distracted. if it took me time to write such a lengthy post, I wonder why you should complain about reading it. below are the reasons.

1. We're too different to live together: women love people and relationships, men love objects (like cars, houses, gadgets, game consoles etc), a man's lot is his career, a woman's is marriage (according to the curse after the fall of man), women are indirect, men are always direct, men want sex before they develop feelings for women, women can't have sex without emotional attachment first(unless they r who.res, even if they are who.res lolzzz), a man wants to hv sex, a woman wants to make love (I swear she doesn't even mind just cuddling), men see having dinner as a time to quench hunger, women see having dinner as time for bonding, let me continue? A married man without money feels unfulfilled, a wealthy woman without a man feels similarly, I can go on and on! But no time, my point, you need a lot of patience, tolerance, understanding, endurance, compromise etc to survive in marriage. But life is too short, stay single and be free to be urself or get married and spend the rest of your life struggling to be another person. Continue reading, this is just one of seven.

2. Love doesn't exist: if you intend to stake your future with a woman on an emotion as erratic as love, then you need to have ur head examined. Love is an emotional convulsion which, like other sicknesses, are recovered from with time. Experience has thought me that a woman's love is only skin deep, but you can accentuate it with money. Ohhhh how women react to the smell of cash. Bleep love and go make some muller.

3. You don't need a child: the world will remember you by the kids you left behind. That's a big fat lie!! You don't need a carbon copy of yourself roaming the earth after your demise to ensure your immortality. Instead, the world will remember you by the feats you surmounted! Obama will be remembered not as the father of, I don't even know his child's name and I don't give a fvck bout it! But as the first black US President. Mother Theresa never had a child, Einstein's legacy is not his kids but his discoveries. My point! You are not remembered by the kids you had but the records you set. But if you badly want a kid, adopt one, or get a baby mama and impregnate her but never, never get married just to have kids. marriage is too great a price to pay.

4. There is absolutely nothing new marriage has to offer you: just be honest with yourself. A family? You already belong to one (or do you think you just appeared out of thin air?), love? Your mother loves you like die, trust moi. A woman to manage your home? Get a maid! pay her well and she will manage your home without complications like disrespecting you, PMS, etc. Sex? Gone are the days men marry for sex ooo!!! Sex is damn cheap, you don't need marriage to enjoy it. By the way, what makes you think getting married entitles you to sex when you want it, ie, if at all?? U never jam female Hitler. Continue reading, I'm not even close to the end.

5. Marriage is expensive: a woman's problems end when she gets married (at least on financial level), while a man's problems just begin. Most ladies don't have plans of making money(some stop after getting married). for a woman, after graduating from uni, a husband is top on d list above a job ie, if a job is on the list. Guys, stay alone and worry for one. Apart from financially, marriage drains you emotionally. You have to deal with a partner suffering from PMS five days in a month for life (by the time she reaches menopause, you'd be probably dead) and when she ain't suffering PMS, its worse cos she is pregnant!! Don't forget regular mood swings, test games, among other complicated female emotional ailments. Plus wait till you get divorced before you know how much financially and emotionally expensive marriage could be. That brings us to...

6. It may end up in divorce: possible causes of divorce. She gains weight, sex with one person for years gone stale and boring, the love (or whatever dumb ass name you call it) fades, you want a new woman, (men are polygamous by nature, hard truth. Deal with it), she is no longer the woman you married, (true, women do change after marriage for many reasons, that is story for another day), you cheat on her, she cheats on you, many many more. Don't scar yourself with a painful divorce. Stay single and happy.

7. You get to focus on your dreams without distractions. Like I said earlier, a man's career is his lot (or curse). As s man if you haven't got a successful career, you will probably die unhappy and unproductive. The compromise you have to make to keep her happy will retard you from achieving your dreams to the fullest. Pleasing a woman and pursuing your dreams are mutually exclusive. don't get married.

disclaimer: its ironic when people say honesty is a virtue yet can't bear to hear (or read) the truth.

Product of broken home, umm... We all dont have similar home experience, l see family as a joyful path. Your definition is based on your family experience.
You are right if you define marriage as bondage, but l define it as joyful, succor and peaceful,thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by dustydee: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

Bravo! Well articulated and I like your line of reasoning. I however do not agree with your points as I see (and take) your points from a different perspective which time will not permit me to state here (apologies, given that you took time to lay your arguments).
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by joe17: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
[Quote]Hamatrony:
Frm ur point numba 4, tnk God u mention
mother, abeg if ur mum neva get married 2 ur
dad, wil u exist?[/Quote]
slimmy05:
do they need to get married to have him? Fish brain
Must you insult to educate person? How some of u guys behave somtymz baffles me. Be civil abeg!! Dnt quote me!

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by chibwike(m): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
wow...what a thread....i feel the OP IS RIGHT... And also Wrong

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
Dcmg:
Chai,broda,what drink do you take?I mean,i'm ready to buy the bar.

You don't have the money
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by festwiz(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
Good post, happy an not the only one, click the link on my signature
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Norstrademus(m): 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
HW can u call him ur "boyfriend"wen u NT intimate wt him??..i bet Yu once he gets wat u depriving him of his off..wake up from ur delusion my dear!!
Lipzlikeshugar:
haha my bf is far from broke,and I don't need to blow his trumpet to make a point. my girlfriends keep telling me he's getting it somewhere else tho. now my question is, u still think he does not have feelings for me?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
honestly, i love this write up.
All i ask God almighty is to make things right b4 marriage.
Without being successful,then i ain't going into marriage.
@killjoy, u rock mehn.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by djcombo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

F**K YOU MAN smiley

Yu are so right but F**K you none the less grin

LOL, i am still singl e by the way , and i am loving and hating it nonetheless shocked grin
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by bjayyoflife: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
1. Differences are bound to be, but managing ur differences wit maturity, wisdom and understanding keeps marriage going. Your mindset to forget ur differences and move ahead wit ur partner is important. Unmarried men too have differences. (It depends on who ur partner is and how divinely favored u are)

2. Love is not what u think it is. Love is not negative so it can't be a sickness. It is not a MEANS to achieve but an END that is been achieved. Love is an advanced level of affection, POSITIVE feelings, inner friendliness and comfort u achieve after combining well wit someone else. (It depends on who u are, who ur partner is and how divinely favored u are)

3. Is like saying d cock and d hen does not need egg. Children are blessings for continuity. Need for child is not only for our joy and comfort, but for both the parent, children and human existence. If Obama's dad chose not to have a child, definitely we won't know abt the existence of Obama lineage in Kenya or Africa, neither wil a son of d Obama be d 1st black American President. (It depends on who u are, who ur partner is and how divinely favored u are)

4. Matrimonial family, matrimonial sex, matrimonial home management, family fun and joy are totally different versions. Diamond is a precious stone, but u won't compare it with ordinary stone. Don't forget (It depends on who u are, who ur partner is and how divinely favored u are)

5. Please get it right that Marriage and Family making are matrimonial investments dt yields comfort, financial returns and joy of continuity. Marriage is like account opening (contract) wit an investment bank, while family raising is ur savings as investment (yield). It is totally wrong and poverty will make a poor man thinks dt savings for future depletes someone's wealth. Woman, marriage, sex, children upbringing, family expenses are all needed for this special investment. We need patience, endurance, Godliness and mutual understanding for all investments. I've seen poor bachelors, rich couples and even richer couples with kids. Hence wives and children don't deplete wealth. Again, (It depends on who u are, who ur partner is and how divinely favored u are).

6. Divorce is a challenge to some marriages. Sometimes, we do have issues wit our banks, telecom service providers (mtn, airtel, glo or etisalat) but that does not mean that their services are totally useless. Challeges are to be resolved. Bachelors too end friendship, business partners seperates, even artises (Dbanj & Don Jazzy. Tuface, Black face and Faze etc). So, d fear of divorce shouldn't scare you from marriage. (It depends on who u are, who ur partner is and how divinely favored u are).

7. U are not a man if u can't juggle balls. Managing affairs effectively makes a complete man. Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, Jim Ovia, etc are all married with children. Tell me one bachelor that is richer than any of these happy fathers. U need to see Otedola wit his darling DJ Cuppy. Family affair doesn't crumble business affair. Once again (It depends on who u are, who ur partner is and how divinely favored u are).

U are not an astronaut unless u experience the space out of this atmosphere. Get married and experience d full joy of life.

Set ur goals, be plain, be hard working, seek Allah's favour to get d right partner and be Godly. Take lessons from d Quran and bible and ur ways shall be thorough. Maa Salam.a

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (42) (Reply)

Lady Selling Banana Causes Stir With Her Backside. / What Name Do You Call Your Lover In Your Language? / Nurse Found Dead After Marathon Sex With Lover In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.