Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (128143 Views)

Seven Reasons Guys Cheat Easily / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Haryourdeiji(m): 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:
readers discretion adviced: this is a long post. get a bowl of popcorn and your glasses. turn off the TV , you don't want to get distracted. if it took me time to write such a lengthy post, I wonder why you should complain about reading it. below are the reasons.

1. We're too different to live together: women love people and relationships, men love objects (like cars, houses, gadgets, game consoles etc), a man's lot is his career, a woman's is marriage (according to the curse after the fall of man), women are indirect, men are always direct, men want sex before they develop feelings for women, women can't have sex without emotional attachment first(unless they r who.res, even if they are who.res lolzzz), a man wants to hv sex, a woman wants to make love (I swear she doesn't even mind just cuddling), men see having dinner as a time to quench hunger, women see having dinner as time for bonding, let me continue? A married man without money feels unfulfilled, a wealthy woman without a man feels similarly, I can go on and on! But no time, my point, you need a lot of patience, tolerance, understanding, endurance, compromise etc to survive in marriage. But life is too short, stay single and be free to be urself or get married and spend the rest of your life struggling to be another person. Continue reading, this is just one of seven.

2. Love doesn't exist: if you intend to stake your future with a woman on an emotion as erratic as love, then you need to have ur head examined. Love is an emotional convulsion which, like other sicknesses, are recovered from with time. Experience has thought me that a woman's love is only skin deep, but you can accentuate it with money. Ohhhh how women react to the smell of cash. Bleep love and go make some muller.

3. You don't need a child: the world will remember you by the kids you left behind. That's a big fat lie!! You don't need a carbon copy of yourself roaming the earth after your demise to ensure your immortality. Instead, the world will remember you by the feats you surmounted! Obama will be remembered not as the father of, I don't even know his child's name and I don't give a fvck bout it! But as the first black US President. Mother Theresa never had a child, Einstein's legacy is not his kids but his discoveries. My point! You are not remembered by the kids you had but the records you set. But if you badly want a kid, adopt one, or get a baby mama and impregnate her but never, never get married just to have kids. marriage is too great a price to pay.

4. There is absolutely nothing new marriage has to offer you: just be honest with yourself. A family? You already belong to one (or do you think you just appeared out of thin air?), love? Your mother loves you like die, trust moi. A woman to manage your home? Get a maid! pay her well and she will manage your home without complications like disrespecting you, PMS, etc. Sex? Gone are the days men marry for sex ooo!!! Sex is damn cheap, you don't need marriage to enjoy it. By the way, what makes you think getting married entitles you to sex when you want it, ie, if at all?? U never jam female Hitler. Continue reading, I'm not even close to the end.

5. Marriage is expensive: a woman's problems end when she gets married (at least on financial level), while a man's problems just begin. Most ladies don't have plans of making money(some stop after getting married). for a woman, after graduating from uni, a husband is top on d list above a job ie, if a job is on the list. Guys, stay alone and worry for one. Apart from financially, marriage drains you emotionally. You have to deal with a partner suffering from PMS five days in a month for life (by the time she reaches menopause, you'd be probably dead) and when she ain't suffering PMS, its worse cos she is pregnant!! Don't forget regular mood swings, test games, among other complicated female emotional ailments. Plus wait till you get divorced before you know how much financially and emotionally expensive marriage could be. That brings us to...

6. It may end up in divorce: possible causes of divorce. She gains weight, sex with one person for years gone stale and boring, the love (or whatever dumb ass name you call it) fades, you want a new woman, (men are polygamous by nature, hard truth. Deal with it), she is no longer the woman you married, (true, women do change after marriage for many reasons, that is story for another day), you cheat on her, she cheats on you, many many more. Don't scar yourself with a painful divorce. Stay single and happy.

7. You get to focus on your dreams without distractions. Like I said earlier, a man's career is his lot (or curse). As s man if you haven't got a successful career, you will probably die unhappy and unproductive. The compromise you have to make to keep her happy will retard you from achieving your dreams to the fullest. Pleasing a woman and pursuing your dreams are mutually exclusive. don't get married.

disclaimer: its ironic when people say honesty is a virtue yet can't bear to hear (or read) the truth.

nota bene: I am not prejudiced towards women. I hate all equally.
hummm
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by gistsky: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ur post might come frm a personal experience, so it cant b a general belief.
Dat it didnt go well wt one doesnt mean it ll b same for others.
One man meat is another man's poison they said.

Dnt ever say No to wht God says Yes!
Ur write-up is d interpretation of ur name - killjoy.
u ll nt b a joy killer IJN!

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by BigBashiru: 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
Zikkie:

[b][/b]I sense so much hurt in your voice! Hmmmm

he is not hurt... just one of the few men that does not reason with his dickson but reasons with his head...

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by humblestanley: 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
WELLDONE BROS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO WRITE THIS MASTERPIECE
AM IN AGREEMENT WITH YOUR WRITEUP AND AT THE SAME TIME I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU,IT SOUNDS STRANGE ABI?
NUMBER -1- YOU FORGOT THAT ANYTHING THAT HAVE ADVANTAGES ALSO HAVE DISADVANTAGES,
NUMBER -2-I KNOW A LOT OF MEN WHO CAN STAND OUT THE PUBLIC TODAY BECAUSE OF THEIR WIVES(ALSO I KNEW MEN WHO WERE SOMETHING AND TODAY THEY WERE NOTHING BECAUSE OF THEIR WIVES.
FINALLY,YOU CANNOT TELL THE TASTE OF WHAT YOU HAVE NOT TASTED BEFORE AM I RIGHT?
killjoy:
readers discretion adviced: this is a long post. get a bowl of popcorn and your glasses. turn off the TV , you don't want to get distracted. if it took me time to write such a lengthy post, I wonder why you should complain about reading it. below are the reasons.

1. We're too different to live together: women love people and relationships, men love objects (like cars, houses, gadgets, game consoles etc), a man's lot is his career, a woman's is marriage (according to the curse after the fall of man), women are indirect, men are always direct, men want sex before they develop feelings for women, women can't have sex without emotional attachment first(unless they r who.res, even if they are who.res lolzzz), a man wants to hv sex, a woman wants to make love (I swear she doesn't even mind just cuddling), men see having dinner as a time to quench hunger, women see having dinner as time for bonding, let me continue? A married man without money feels unfulfilled, a wealthy woman without a man feels similarly, I can go on and on! But no time, my point, you need a lot of patience, tolerance, understanding, endurance, compromise etc to survive in marriage. But life is too short, stay single and be free to be urself or get married and spend the rest of your life struggling to be another person. Continue reading, this is just one of seven.

2. Love doesn't exist: if you intend to stake your future with a woman on an emotion as erratic as love, then you need to have ur head examined. Love is an emotional convulsion which, like other sicknesses, are recovered from with time. Experience has thought me that a woman's love is only skin deep, but you can accentuate it with money. Ohhhh how women react to the smell of cash. Bleep love and go make some muller.

3. You don't need a child: the world will remember you by the kids you left behind. That's a big fat lie!! You don't need a carbon copy of yourself roaming the earth after your demise to ensure your immortality. Instead, the world will remember you by the feats you surmounted! Obama will be remembered not as the father of, I don't even know his child's name and I don't give a fvck bout it! But as the first black US President. Mother Theresa never had a child, Einstein's legacy is not his kids but his discoveries. My point! You are not remembered by the kids you had but the records you set. But if you badly want a kid, adopt one, or get a baby mama and impregnate her but never, never get married just to have kids. marriage is too great a price to pay.

4. There is absolutely nothing new marriage has to offer you: just be honest with yourself. A family? You already belong to one (or do you think you just appeared out of thin air?), love? Your mother loves you like die, trust moi. A woman to manage your home? Get a maid! pay her well and she will manage your home without complications like disrespecting you, PMS, etc. Sex? Gone are the days men marry for sex ooo!!! Sex is damn cheap, you don't need marriage to enjoy it. By the way, what makes you think getting married entitles you to sex when you want it, ie, if at all?? U never jam female Hitler. Continue reading, I'm not even close to the end.

5. Marriage is expensive: a woman's problems end when she gets married (at least on financial level), while a man's problems just begin. Most ladies don't have plans of making money(some stop after getting married). for a woman, after graduating from uni, a husband is top on d list above a job ie, if a job is on the list. Guys, stay alone and worry for one. Apart from financially, marriage drains you emotionally. You have to deal with a partner suffering from PMS five days in a month for life (by the time she reaches menopause, you'd be probably dead) and when she ain't suffering PMS, its worse cos she is pregnant!! Don't forget regular mood swings, test games, among other complicated female emotional ailments. Plus wait till you get divorced before you know how much financially and emotionally expensive marriage could be. That brings us to...

6. It may end up in divorce: possible causes of divorce. She gains weight, sex with one person for years gone stale and boring, the love (or whatever dumb ass name you call it) fades, you want a new woman, (men are polygamous by nature, hard truth. Deal with it), she is no longer the woman you married, (true, women do change after marriage for many reasons, that is story for another day), you cheat on her, she cheats on you, many many more. Don't scar yourself with a painful divorce. Stay single and happy.

7. You get to focus on your dreams without distractions. Like I said earlier, a man's career is his lot (or curse). As s man if you haven't got a successful career, you will probably die unhappy and unproductive. The compromise you have to make to keep her happy will retard you from achieving your dreams to the fullest. Pleasing a woman and pursuing your dreams are mutually exclusive. don't get married.

disclaimer: its ironic when people say honesty is a virtue yet can't bear to hear (or read) the truth.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by ooshinibos: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
its too late for some of us bruv
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by ooshinibos: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Haryourdeiji:
hummm

it God ordained , but you dont have to marry , its a choice thing as well , i just think i will i cope with my sexual feeling if am not married , i am not in to sleeping with different women .. i like sticking to one good relationship ...old fashion -...but thats my choice
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
fireforfire:

u no see him name? killjoy
hes unhappy wiy Gods first institution

Lol I strongly doubt it. His post makes sense but it's filled with anger and frustration of women. So I'm guessing of recent a woman must have hurt him
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by phazotron(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
op is kinda right though.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
kenex4ever:
am seriously having a second thought bout getting married o.

Awh I'm sure you'll change your mind
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by stevecantrell: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
linearity:

I am surprise to see half-backed Christians, who only quote scriptures that supports their own opinions ignoring the fact that, the same scriptures also support also supports the OP's position for men of God...look through the Bible in the old and New Testament, great men that God used did not marry, as such fully dedicated their focus on the things of God without the many distractions that marriage undoubtfully brings. For every one married man mightily used by God either in the old or New Testament that you can mention, I will mention two who were not married and were used more mightilier by God.

The OP want to channel that same Focus and energy towards a career, an endeavor, etc....so arguing that the OP is wrong based on the Bible shows one's ignorance of the Bible.

Some scriptures for you to think about:
1 Cor 7:8 says.."Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do."

1 Cor 7:24-27.."Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God....Art thou bound unto a wife?seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

Matt 19:12.."For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it"
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
You don't have money to marry. Talk Truth. If I called you yai yai you go vex but marriage is not easy at all.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Acidosis(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
On point
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by merit12(f): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
smartcount003:

Don't mind that guy. You are indeed a true beauty. One man's meat is another man's poison. I like your dark skin. You are pretty in my eyes.
Laughing in swihili

Toasting comment

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by chukymoney(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
[b][/b]The topic would have been challenges you may contend with if you have to stay married. This greatly depend on the type of woman you eventually marry.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kenex4ever(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Awh I'm sure you'll change your mind
sure. How r u doing
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by aemmy: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
if u lyk marry, if u lyk no marry....e no concern me. *dis thread is just a way of pouring d bitterness dt has gathered in ur mind abt marriage due to the nagative things that u see around u/has happened to u......*hisses*

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
kccarew:
Then change It, remember how many times thomas failed to Build a bulb, 999times, and got it right at the 1000th times, what am saing is, u don't have to to it the same way u have seen it go. I told my friends, my parent made all the mistakes in their marriage so I can learn from it and not make any at all
The whole thing is suffocating...I may not be cut out for it.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mrjerry:
You don't have money to marry. Talk Truth. If I called you yai yai you go vex but marriage is not easy at all.
let pple without money...stay away...and u are quarreling still.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
ILIDEFI:

And that is why I said in my earlier post, " It is immoral to have sex outside marriage. If you refuse to get married, but can hold yourself, then there is no problem with it".
Even St Paul said he wished all men would be unmarried like him, but for the sake of avoidance of immorality, those who can't hold themselves should go and get married (1 Cor 7:2).
The problem is when people denounce marriage, and yet go on and eat the fruit of marriage which is sex.
What about married men and women that fuwadu outside?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by BigBashiru: 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
GoodcasHMan:
No matter your reasons, It cannot supersede God's plan for man. It is God who
instituted marriage and we must get married. Just believe in God who owns marriage

here we go with africans just hv blind faith and all will be well.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
BigBashiru:

here we go with africans just hv blind faith and all will be well.
like say if u meet a lady, u sing those lines to her and marriage don set. Confused pple!
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by misshoree(f): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

op.I have many questions running in my mind for yu

Are u married?if yu are not are yu planning to get married oneday??

Do yu like Bleep

Would yu like to have friends with benefit

Yu don't wanna marry but u wanna f.uck abi.God dey soak your cain inside water and pepper
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by yemyemis(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

as a matter of fact, d good tins marriage has to offer to a man r tins he can enjoy while still single. wot I withheld r more downsides to marriage. my parents r separated n seem happier that way. my friends Dada died of heart attack caused by his wife, look marriage shud be a no go area for a man who intends to live eida happy or long or both.
marriage is not for the cowards, only the brave do the sh**t
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by iCool(m): 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
esonuu:
This poster is high on dope,GO read ur bible and tell me what God said about procreation,was God crazy when he gav us dat instruction?
Lemi giv u reasons why u need to marry......

(1)Marriage wil make u live a responsible life,except those who have vowed dat no one wil occupy de front row seat in hell fire unles them..

(2)95% or more of single guys cant avoid sexual immorality so Marriage wil help u obey Gods word which says "thou shall not commit adultery/fornication unles u're de type that the devil has ordained to live in sin 4ever,

(3)GODs word wil always cum to pass,it cant go void so marrying wil help u fulfil his words about procreation

(4)A tym cums when ur parents wil age and die,ur siblings wil go to their respective destination and might not even remember u,dat time if u'v gat no new family which is ur wife and kids,if u like,sleep at the club or bar,lonelines wil kill u...

(5)That ur mistress,love peddler or maid u'l hire to take kia of ur chores wil kil u one day jst to enlope with ur asset/cash but a wife wont fink of such cos u're her pride unles when u marry the wrong woman/jezebel...

(6)without marrying,u wont be complete even if u're richer than bill gate

(7)without marriage,u'll be regarded as a fool especially in igbo land and wil not be allowed to lead ur people,tell me any governor or president without a first lady

You call God, yet you lack meekness, kindness and love as suggested by your first line.
I commend you because yours is the FIRST 'sensible' attempt at replying the topic.

1. You can live a responsible life without being married. Ask the singles that are yet to get married.

2. Let us have your basis for that assertion. Very easy to quote figures right?

3. Several people have quoted bible passages where you are advised to stay single if marriage isn't your style.

4. Not everyone is as lonely as you think. With my current pattern of living, I can stay the next 10years without feeling lonely. I generate my own happiness. If you need someone else to make you happy, then you are most miserable.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by yemyemis(m): 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
@op has said it all he is frm a broken home.
Pls which of ur parents are u stayin with Your dad i ques
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by iCool(m): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
5. This point reeks of insecurity.

6. Who says marriage will or will not make you complete?? Ask the ganja smokers, chelsea supporters or career minded folks what makes them complete.

7. I am yet to see a president or governor without a spouse. Getting married because of society is a wrong reason for getting married.

Any questions?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
ooshinibos:
its too late for some of us bruv

lolzzz. den just make d best of wot u hv
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
ferdimako:

But this op supports feminism...stay on ur own no be una stand again?
And what's ur point? is it every woman dat's pro-feminism?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Zikkie(f): 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

lwkmd, u said u don't do e-fights Bt u cudnt resist d compulsion to call him a "black fowl" bwahahahahA. ladies will nt kill me in dis lyf. my dear a beg take it easy OK? u no wowo n he is nt a fowl, let alone a black one.

ROTFL... Omo mehn!!! I'm enjoying this thread no b small....heheheheheee
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
yemyemis:
marriage is not for the cowards, only the brave do the sh**t
and yet u die after two yrs.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
enkay4love:
And what's ur point? is it every woman dat's pro-feminism?
My point is he is helping to separate both sexes. That gives women what they have been aiming for but as marriage is ur lot...u said no again or oh not all are pro-feminism.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kccarew(f): 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ofcourse it is, cos its no longer about "me myself and I" it no longer all about u ferdii, its u and others, break it down and follow the steps one at a time, find someone u have never met bf that is a proverb31 woman, believe me u would want to remain married even in heaven.but remember even with such woman,tough times will come to see how much u love ur wife, ur family. Life is not hard for those who believe, if I may ask how old are u!and where do u work, are u born again?I. Wish u could answer privately?
ferdiii:

The whole thing is suffocating...I may not be cut out for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (42) (Reply)

Lady Selling Banana Causes Stir With Her Backside. / What Name Do You Call Your Lover In Your Language? / Nurse Found Dead After Marathon Sex With Lover In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.