Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Part Time Lover - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Part Time Lover (5959 Views)

What Do You Call Your Lover In Private? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? / What Pet Name/Names Do You Call Your Lover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2008
Your significant other or spouse runs to his/her EX anytime you guys are having problems for solace and general advise BUT she/he maintains there is no cheating involved because the said EX is in love with someone else and is about to get married. Will you accept that move or ban him/her from running to the EX lover for advise and little compassion?
Re: Part Time Lover by Sauron1: 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

Your significant other or spouse runs to his/her EX anytime you guys are having problems for solace and general advise BUT she/he maintains there is no cheating involved because the said EX is in love with someone else and is about to get married. Will you accept that move or ban him/her from running to the EX lover for advise and little compassion?

LIFE BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2008
Why would you ban her if all she is doing is getting advise from her EX?
Re: Part Time Lover by Sauron1: 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

Why would you ban her if all she is doing is getting advise from her EX?

How do i know all she is doing??
Her EX is a potential threat. . . . .He is the only one capable of getting her PANTS DOWN apart from the boy/friend.
Re: Part Time Lover by HRhotness(f): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

u really cant stop ur partner from seeing certain pple, personally i think they'd just go behind ur back anyways. best thing is just to let them knw how uncomfortable it makes u
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:11pm On Nov 22, 2008
A relationship is built on trust. You should be able to trust her even if you catch them in a dark alley alone. If her EX is a potential threat to you, then you game is not tight.

Not that i support any woman dating Hannibal to allow him see his EX because the result may be disastrous after 9 months kiss.
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2008
u really can't stop ur partner from seeing certain people, personally i think they'd just go behind ur back anyways. best thing is just to let them knw how uncomfortable it makes u

Is it proper to be uncomfortable about it when you trust him so much?. Is trust not the issue here and it shows all of us are failing on the trust issue.
Re: Part Time Lover by Sauron1: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

A relationship is built on trust. You should be able to trust her even if you catch them in a dark alley alone. If her EX is a potential threat to you, then you game is not tight.

When a woman lets the old boyfriend hang around, she’s basically spitting in her man's face. To me, it’s anti-Loyalty.
I don't dig women staying in contact with their exes.

Not that i support any woman dating Hannibal to allow him see his EX because the result may be disastrous after 9 months kiss.

I am not a manwhore!!
Re: Part Time Lover by HRhotness(f): 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

Is it proper to be uncomfortable about it when you trust him so much?. Is trust not the issue here and it shows all of us are failing on the trust issue.

i think its normal to be uncomfortable and its becos of trust that u can speak openly about it to ur partner as opposed to sneaking around with nasty suspicions
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2008
~Sauron~:

When a woman lets the old boyfriend hang around, she’s basically spitting in her man's face. To me, it’s anti-Loyalty.
I don't dig women staying in contact with their exes.
You are just allaying your fears because of insecurity. A secure man will not bother himself on whether his woman is parleying around with her EX or not. You are the problem and it's the direct consequence of insecurity.
I am not a manwhore!!

Please tell that to Pataki and Eldee. kiss
Re: Part Time Lover by cooldud62: 11:26pm On Nov 22, 2008
is the poster a homo sapien?
ask me why i asked then i'll fire undecided
Re: Part Time Lover by HRhotness(f): 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

You are just allaying your fears because of insecurity. A secure man will not bother himself on whether his woman is parleying around with her EX or not. You are the problem and it's the direct consequence of insecurity.

EXACTLY!
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2008
HR.hotness:

i think its normal to be uncomfortable and its because of trust that u can speak openly about it to ur partner as opposed to sneaking around with nasty suspicions

Why should you be suspicious in the first place?. It means that those men that get jealous because their girl is talking to some dude that works with her during the weekend are justified. If you are secure in your relationship, you shouldn't think about it in the first place talkless of any form of suspicion. Shouldn't relationships be perfect in such a way that if you here any gossips or see pictures of your man hanging around with any woman, you dismiss it as a non issue?
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2008
is the poster a homo sapien?
ask me why i asked then i'll fire

Cool dude is back. Another insecure brother. Fire is not allowed because it's harmattan season in Nigeria now. kiss
Re: Part Time Lover by Sauron1: 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

A secure man can also can also jump into the lagoon because he feels secured.
Most secure men raised BASTARDS for 20 years until they realised they have been fathering someone else's child.
If a woman chooses to use her ex as her confidant. . . . .She might as well go back to him.
I should be ma partner's best friend not her EX.

Please tell that to Pataki and Eldee. kiss

U are very funny.
Re: Part Time Lover by HRhotness(f): 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

Why should you be suspicious in the first place?. It means that those men that get jealous because their girl is talking to some dude that works with her during the weekend are justified. If you are secure in your relationship, you shouldn't think about it in the first place talkless of any form of suspicion. Shouldn't relationships be perfect in such a way that if you here any gossips or see pictures of your man hanging around with any woman, you dismiss it as a non issue?

swthrt. . . it may sound lovely in books and movies but in reality there isnt such a thing as true perfection. that is why even tho u trust someone with ur life, they may say and do things that make u feel insecure, the strength of ur trust tho will determine how u manage those insecurities. . . being able to discuss it with ur partner and getting d assurance u need or being able to assure urself is an adequate display of ur trust.
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2008
~Sauron~:

A secure man can also can also jump into the lagoon because he feels secured.
Most secure men raised BASTARDS for 20 years until they realised they have been fathering someone else's child.
If a woman chooses to use her ex as her confidant. . . . .She might as well go back to him.
I should be ma partner's best friend not her EX.

U are very funny.

Are you afraid of okafors law?. What is the guy is living a continent apart and she contacts him only by phone?
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2008
HR.hotness:

swthrt. . . it may sound lovely in books and movies but in reality there isnt such a thing as true perfection. that is why even tho u trust someone with ur life, they may say and do things that make u feel insecure, the strength of ur trust tho will determine how u manage those insecurities. . . being able to discuss it with ur partner and getting d assurance u need or being able to assure yourself is an adequate display of ur trust.

Why do you need constant reassurance. A liar is a liar because he will continue to reassure you that nothing is going on same goes for ann honest man although they are not up to a handful. hannibal here for example is a fox and cannot be trusted. I'm off to romantic dinner jare.
Re: Part Time Lover by Sauron1: 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

Are you afraid of okafors law?. What is the guy is living a continent apart and she contacts him only by phone?

Okafor's law has never failed me as a man. . . . .If i am smart, i shouldn't let anyone take the piss on me with the same tool.
Geddit?? Every banged babe is still BANGABLE.
Re: Part Time Lover by RedHotChic(f): 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2008
~Sauron~:

Okafor's law has never failed me as a man. . . . .If i am smart, i shouldn't let anyone take the piss on me with the same tool.
Geddit?? Every banged babe is still BANGABLE.

Please hush. Okafors law does not hold in most cases especially with decent women. It only holds with trailer park ladies.
Re: Part Time Lover by cooldud62: 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2008
Hi, Redhotchic, quite some time,
I havent been away at all,
just been behind the scene.
I found your Topic interesting and decided to pop in.

Now, who is an EX?
Your Ex is someone you were in love with,
someone you made love to,
someone that knows your weeknesses and strenght,
someone who knows what to do to make you jump,
someone who know the colour of thong you'll be wearing on Friday night,
someone who was soooo close to you!

Now, you wanna tell me that person is not a threat to the present guy?
be factual my dear,
I can lay any of my ex that comes so close to me,
I know how to get them!

Why did you give the thread that name PART TIME LOVER?
obviously, the new guy's just holding brief for the former
guy thats coming back to take his position.

Final word, Its better to keep a piece of meat with a rat than to allow your babe/guy hang out with the EX.
Re: Part Time Lover by Sauron1: 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

Please hush. Okafors law does not hold in most cases especially with decent women. It only holds with trailer park ladies.

Okafor's law holds in all CASES except the babe in question has stepped higher than her EX.
I know the right button to press on all ma EX-es.
Men know the exact words to make em melt like chocolates in the sahara desert.
Are u shitting me??
Re: Part Time Lover by HRhotness(f): 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2008
RedHotChic:

Why do you need constant reassurance. A liar is a liar because he will continue to reassure you that nothing is going on same goes for ann honest man although they are not up to a handful. hannibal here for example is a fox and cannot be trusted. I'm off to romantic dinner jare.

i never said anything about constant reassurance. . . the occassional reasurrance yes, but when u always hav to run to check its all ok, then its obviously not
Re: Part Time Lover by HRhotness(f): 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ cooldude

an ex is also precisley just that. . . an EX! someone who was and isnt now isnt!

when someone is ur EX, u no longer feel the need to do those things with them. . . not trusting them with an ex is suggesting that ur partner is unable to stick to their decison of keeping that person as an ex and quite frankly very insulting!
Re: Part Time Lover by KarmaMod(f): 11:50pm On Nov 22, 2008
why is it titled part time lover if the dude is just an ex who's now a friend?
Re: Part Time Lover by Cipriani(m): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2008
@redchic

Part time lovers have always been because people find it hard to leave their ex, most especially women.

That is why being a single parent gives you total freedom

No CAVEAT EMPTOR cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Part Time Lover by SisiJinx: 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2008
He says LIFE BAN on a girl talking to her ex. . . The same person who says  the girl should forgive and forget her boyfriend's cheating. Rotflmao! Hannibal, you are one in a. . . well actually, you are typical!  tongue

@ Topic
There is a reason they are EXs.
Re: Part Time Lover by Cipriani(m): 11:55pm On Nov 22, 2008
@redchic

Part time lovers have always been because people find it hard to leave their ex, most especially women.

That is why being  a single parent gives you total freedom

No CAVEAT EMPTOR  cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Part Time Lover by Sauron1: 11:57pm On Nov 22, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

He says LIFE BAN on a girl talking to her ex. . . The same person who says  the girl should forgive and forget her boyfriend's cheating. Rotflmao! Hannibal, you are one in a. . . well actually, you are typical!  tongue

They can talk on the phone BUT she cannot visit him. . . . .
There's a HUGE difference in that. Women can be very vulnerable when it comes to letting their hearts out.
A woman at her lowest ebb is so BANGABLE. . . . . It's like taking a candy from a kid.

@ Topic

Touche. . . . .
Re: Part Time Lover by cooldud62: 12:22am On Nov 23, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

@ Topic
The reason is because they feel all should be rosy and now that they know they still want each other for some reasons, they wanna come back.
common sisi,
if you got blood and not water running tru your veins,
you gotto be kidding me to say your guy's safe to be with his EX.

all guys will want a babe like you grin
Re: Part Time Lover by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 23, 2008
shoooooo, I still talk to my ex. . . .but not like, oh I missed you bla bla.
Re: Part Time Lover by chika98: 1:54am On Nov 23, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

shoooooo, I still talk to my ex. . . .but not like, oh I missed you bla bla.

To each it's own. I don't keep intouch with anyone once it is done. Doesn't mean i hate em. Just a closed chapter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures That Will Make You Look Twice Before Understanding them / Man Gave His Gf 4 Months 35k To Prepare A Meal, She Sent This To Him / Do You Need Someone To Satisfy Your Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.