Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today (58496 Views)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes / Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by JECBOSS: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2014
God Bless Jonathan

12 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by HoldenCaulfield(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2014
Jonathan should tell us why he has to declare is
intention to continue ruling publicly while he gives
no damn about his asset declaration.
gej must go back to zoo. hit like.

44 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2014
HoldenCaulfield:
Jonathan has declared his assets, he isn't owing you anything on that.

11 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by bloodykiller: 9:30am On Nov 11, 2014
HoldenCaulfield:

otu nne i zoo

3 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Buchianom(m): 9:31am On Nov 11, 2014
GEJ till 2019!!!!

We who are with you are greater than those who are against you.

12 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Jay20(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2014
.knew dis was gonna make front page.well Its only logical he runs again, I mean if he doesn't its d same ppl dt r sayn he shldnt run again dt will still call him a coward if he doesn't..Nigerians n our double standards.
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by bitterpenis(m): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2014
Speechless is the word!

If I were Jonathan, I would resign! I will seize to have any business with managing about 200M peeps. Leadership is not a do or die affair. If you bought a shoe that isn't your size, give it out to whoever it fits. See how our Pres. is shrinking and looking older than should be because of Nigeria's problem. He has suddenly grown white hair within the space of 4 years, yet we are still retrogressing.

As far as I'm concerned, any government that is unable to protect the lives and properties of its citizens has failed to carry out its primary duties no matter the "developmental" achievements. You don't have any reason not to be able to protect the life and properties of your citizens. If you fail to do this, that means you are inept to occupy that position.

Just imagine ISIS or Al Qaeda killing Americans (including young girls and children) inside America and gaining grounds everyday and Obama is busy campaigning for re-election..."Imagine wetin go happen to the guy". It's only in Nigeria we sing praises to peeps who are killing us and making life difficult for us.

It's quite unfortunate that this Government, with all its so called transformation Agenda has failed to contain the Boko Haram Insurgency up till this moment.

At first it was general killings. The insurgents were killing our potential lawyers, doctors, accountants, scientists, etc, randomly. Suddenly, they modified their strategy and began to take our girls (with bright future) hostage and turn them to baby mamas; some had lost their lives in the process, while some are seriously ill as a result of the abuse. The mass killings are all over the dailies as breaking news daily.

Now it's CHILDREN, "little children wey no know anything" (Lord have mercy!). In the middle of all these anomalies, the politicians are rejoicing and campaigning ahead of 2015. Is this a joke or what? This child's play has got to stop. I'm really struggling to make common sense out of all these blabbing over Jonathan's return to Aso Rock come 2015. I'm kind of asking myself if my sense of reasoning had crashed somewhere, somehow. Could it be that I'm so dumb and I can't think straight. Why I'm I not seeing what some people are seeing? A Jonathan that has all the resources within his control to contain terrorism has failed to do so to do so. Why are we always using our hands to plot our downfall? Na until politicians turn Nigeria to war zone and fly their entire family abroad make we kill ourselves na then some people go dey sensible enough to put on their thinking cap.

Nigerians be wise. Think of better candidates out there because If we have this same administration in power for another 4 years, we will get the same result. There ain't gonna be any magic! I believe all hope is not lost if we can have a fresh hand come into power.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by ceo4eva: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Photos....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by ceo4eva: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2014
More photos....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by EldaTimba(m): 10:05am On Nov 11, 2014
following cool
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Eneze1(f): 10:20am On Nov 11, 2014
If the President's son was among those that were bombed yesterday, will he still declare for second term today? I just wish this man can be sensitive to the plight of Nigerians

28 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by anonimi: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2014
HoldenCaulfield:
Jonathan should tell us why he has to declare is intention to continue ruling publicly while he gives

Another IGNORANTLY clueless fellow citizen proudly exhibiting his foolishness in public shocked
For your reading pleasure =>

egin:
Source http://pointblanknews.com/

Vice President Jonathan Bows To Pressure, Declares N.2Billion In Assets

VP Goodluck Jonathan 
The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200

Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.

How many other LIVING elected officers do you know who have publicly declared their assets

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Franzeez(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2014
blizard44:
Mehn!

I foreseel some heart-attack grin

op, ensure you provide pics o.

Let's see who get an heart attack, it might be u I swear
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by anonimi: 10:29am On Nov 11, 2014
Eneze1:
If the President's son was among those that were bombed yesterday, will he still declare for second term today? I just wish this man can be sensitive to the plight of Nigerians

That is even when he SHOULD to demonstrate our collective resolve as a nation NOT to be cowed by faceless, hideous TERRORISTS. However the jamboree aspect would need to be toned down as a sign of respect for the lost lives.
Don't you agree

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Franzeez(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2014
Eneze1:

This is what d A P C wants. Carry on

6 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2014
A comprehensive failure declares.

4 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 11, 2014
Meanwhile, i hope this helicopter hovering over Wuse2 & Maitama has enough fuel sha#Abuja #Nigeria"

2 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2014
I don't even regard the President high enough to call him Demonic. Demons are smart and strategic in their ways."

9 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by JEITO: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2014
Our President! 100 and 1 percent support for you from this end...

Abeg make una go collect una permanent voters card so that we can vote him again

#singing...
Goodluck to u
Goodluck to me
Goodluck to everybody
Goodluck Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by jojomario(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2014
Macelliot:
(PDP)Jonathan Vs. (APC)Atiku, Buhari, Nda-Isaiah, Kwakwanso, Okorocha....
Which party seems confused?
It is because you have sold your future for penny. Democracy must be practiced at all level. Must i continue to send a child to school after he failed to bring home good result for good 16yrs? i give him or her the alternative?

7 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by JEITO: 10:42am On Nov 11, 2014
Some people eyes go pop out today looking for failure in eagle square, while others go exhaust their insult bank until they become debtors grin

GEJ all the way

6 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by osymerga(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2014
When is the event starting nah ? Turned into AIT and NTA,yet no show. Am waiting sha.....
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by ceo4eva: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2014
UPDATE:
A host of interest groups including party stakeholders and youth groups have already flooded the venue.
Some of them are Transformation
Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN),
Jonathan Youth Vanguard (JYV),
National Coalition for Jonathan and
Sambo Presidency (NACOJSP), etc

2 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by satowind(m): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2014
Ojebego
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 11, 2014
Watching ...
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by orasuyiefosa(m): 11:32am On Nov 11, 2014
Boko haram do ssomething naaaa

1 Like

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by jimharry21(m): 11:33am On Nov 11, 2014
Don't click anything if you do not understand what is happening in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by youngice(m): 11:35am On Nov 11, 2014
That Fulani herdsman was very eloquent ....
These children playing the percussion instruments
Too good
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Built2last: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2014
orasuyiefosa:
Boko haram do ssomething naaaa

May it not be well for you and your entire lineage...Capital idiot slowpoke like you...Why on earth will you wish a bomb on another... May your family be victims of bokoharam..The one you did in Yobe is not enough.Goshhh

5 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Wefiak1414(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]again :Pagain
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2014
ceo4eva:
Click 'LIKE' if you think President Jonathan deserves a 2nd Term
ceo4eva:
Click 'LIKE' if you think President
Jonathan does NOT deserve a 2nd Term

The question is not whether GEJ or PDP deserves term 2 or APC deserves term 1...but whether we Nigerians are willing to make our leaders develop our country into a self sufficient, industrial economy with no need for resource dependency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Jalal(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2014
11.30am the Presido has arrived the venue!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Politician Who 'Controls Many Judges' Revealed By Deji Adeyanju / Buhari Poses With His Former Driver In The Army And His Daughter / The Cement-Based Road Built By Okezie Ikpeazu At 90% Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.