Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,771 members, 7,844,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today (58679 Views)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes / Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
vivalavida:

Rather your thought process is slow

Took you that long to come up with that? I think we all know who's the one with slow thinking.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by maestroferddi: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
Teleprompter or not teleprompter, Jonathan is flying high here.

APC peeps go and do your homework o.

This man speaking is making his PHD count. Stop deluding yourself with the clueless crap.

This man would make a mincemeat of a stuttering and senile Buhari should they slug it out in a public debate.

7 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
Patience Jonathan is not smiling at all. Why she dey bone na?
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by shizzleStar: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
karlmax2:
I have not heard him mention apc since his speech i hope those simpleton who said his done nothing listening to him roll out his achievements. While buhari and his co travellers keep calling gej and pdp. Are their manifesto
If it were Bukohari or any other APpigC member making a speech, they would have mentioned GEJ 50 times in 5 minutes cheesy

6 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Donbabaj: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
sunnyflakes:

BETWEEN NIGERIANS WHO DESTRUCTIVELY CRITICIZE G.E.J AND G.E.J WHO IS ACTUALLY CLUELESS? TERRORISM IS A GLOBAL PHENOMENA AND BOKOHARAM IN THE FACE OF ALKAEDA AND ISIS IS A MOLEHILL.

BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 11 AND WHEN OSAMA WAS KILLED, HOW MANY YEARS DO WE HAVE IN-BETWEEN PLUS REMEMBER THEIR ACTIVITIES IS NOT ABATED YET.

BOKO HARAM IS ALREADY HYDRA HEADED, NOT EVEN THE ADVENT OF BUHARI OR ANY OTHER NORTHERNER CAN STEM THEIR TIDE. BUT IF AT ALL ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED GLADIATOR EMERGED AND PEACE AUTOMATICALLY RETURNS THEN THE SUSPICION OF MANY OF US THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE A HAND IN THE PROGRESS OF THIS CANCEROUS MONSTER CALLED BOKO-HARAM WILL THEN BECOME A TRUISM...

See this one dey speak grammar! had it been one of your relatives was affected, you will not be saying all these
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by mrmetoo1: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
shizzleStar:
Heard my presido is near excellent with his speech delivery, and the Almajiri Peoples Cahoots (APigC) are trying so hard to disproof the fact that he isnt using a teleprompter. This thread was meant to be the declaration thread of GEJ, but as usual turned to a lamentation thread for the janjwiiids.

Shameless sobs gringrin

Ok but he is using teleprompters, its not a big deal!
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by docadams: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
Pardon me if I err. Speech is becoming boring because the President is looking tired.
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by shizzleStar: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
mrmetoo1:

Ok but he is using teleprompters, its not a big deal!
ok smiley
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by ResourceMan(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? Picturessss!
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
shizzleStar:
Heard my presido is near excellent with his speech delivery, and the Almajiri Peoples Cahoots (APigC) are trying so hard to disproof the fact that he isnt using a teleprompter. This thread was meant to be the declaration thread of GEJ, but as usual turned to a lamentation thread for the janjwiiids.

Shameless sobs gringrin

The word is disprove, and you're using it wrong.
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
maestroferddi:
Teleprompter or not teleprompter, Jonathan is flying high here.

APC peeps go and do your homework o.

This man speaking is making his PHD count. Stop deluding yourself with the clueless crap.

This man would make a mincemeat of a stuttering and senile Buhari should they slug it out in a public debate.
Really? May i know the reason Jonathan shunned a public debate organized in 2011?

2 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by mundus(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
Those doubting he is using a teleprompter. Read the address at http://nigeriannewsportal.com/goodluck-jonathan-declaration-speech/

6 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by UpLoyo: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
Larryfly:
if this man like he should make this speech with his eyes closed from now to May 29 2019..... it won't affect his incompetence and insensitivity to Nigeria's plight.

GEJ blabin since time immemorial!

pls they should allow his wife give us comic relief joor

you are badddddddd grin grin grin

I'm just picturing them calling his wife to come and entertain as they go on commercial break....lol

3 Likes

MissMeiya:

Took you that long to come up with that? I think we all know who's the one with slow thinking.
I fear you sister...you are very harsh,please take it gently
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Adminisher: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Definitely teleprompter and too many details. This is a Prime Minister's speech, not Presidential at all. No vision thing, no inspiring quotations. Just like a minister giving a presentation. Too long and drab.

1 Like

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by vivalavida(m): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
MissMeiya:

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by iluvweed(m): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Just caught him red-handed now...he was starring so hard trying to get the lines...lol

1 Like

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by vivalavida(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
MissMeiya:

Am not as jobless as u are.
I have things to attend to in the office.
You can stay glued to your fone screen for all your life
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by tchigofigo(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
nw i see, he's reading 4m teleprompters..that's stil gud though..
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by atlwireles: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
This speech has done the needful for APC. Nobody in PDP has mentioned your party once. Is all about Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by shizzleStar: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
MissMeiya:

The word is disprove, and you're using it wrong.
disproof- to refute, the act of disproving

Whats your point?
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by ozo13(m): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
ceo4eva:
Click 'LIKE' if you think President Jonathan does NOT deserve a 2nd Term
i love this country. 243 vs 460 and still counting.this results should b posted to our dailies grin grin someone gonna pee on his pant
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Adminisher: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hummmppph. The thing don dey finish sha. Na wa. Even Peshe is getting bored, not that she understood a word said.

1 Like

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Successdude(m): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
ceo4eva:
Click 'LIKE' if you think President Jonathan deserves a 2nd Term
ozo13:
i love this country. 243 vs 460 and still counting.this results should b posted to our dailies grin grin someone gonna pee on his pant
ceo4eva:
Click 'LIKE' if you think President Jonathan does not deserve a 2nd Term
Dont click like if u think a movie is playing out.
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by karlmax2: 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
Gej :we would no longer queue uo for essential commodities

Under buhari we queued for essential commodity like omo, ordinary soap. Anybody that was arround then would remember essenco
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
vivalavida:

Am not as jobless as u are.
I have things to attend to in the office.
You can stay glued to your fone screen for all your life

You know your post history is public, right? Stop lying.

1 Like

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by SamAfrik(m): 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
What a shame! Nigerian youth don't even recognize the teleprompter that is visible to the presidents right.
The guy can't even use it properly. haha can't stop laughing. However, its a slight improvement to the Jona know. He shd learn to speak like this on national issues.
Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
shizzleStar:
disproof- to refute, the act of disproving

Whats your point?

That's a noun. Disproof is a NOUN. Disprove is the verb form.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
No political prisoners.
Total Freedom of Speech.
No one on exile.

How can we forget these achievements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by Adminisher: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
No political exiles and no political prisoners. I give you that one GEJ. I won't vote you still but thanks for being liberal with opposition.

1 Like

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by komek(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
If he likes he shud use trumpet self. All these achievements he has been reeling out, are they true or not? He may not have done 100% well but he has done well. For one man to have lead the chunk of madt people we have in this country convincingly for the past 4years, without being a Phd holder in psychiatrics matters, he should be applauded and given another chance.

5 Likes

Re: LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today by mrmetoo1: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
The future thanks to mundus

70. History has shown that the path of honour for any true leader is not to walk away from his people in moments of challenges. We must stand together in adversity and overcome all threats to our development. We must defend our future, for the sake of our children.

71. So many things have inspired me in the journey to this moment. I want to appreciate ordinary Nigerians, especially young people, for the solidarity shown to me by contributing their meagre resources to enable me arrive at this point.

72. I appreciate the kind gesture of the Cattle Breeders Union, Miyetti Allah, and the Market Women Association, who encouraged me by coming together to contribute to the purchase of my Nomination form.

73. In the same vein, I am touched by the National Association of Widows who also encouraged me with their widow’s mite.

74. This labour of love, from ordinary Nigerians, has increased my appreciation of your solidarity, my trust in our joint destiny, and all we have achieved together these past three and half years.

75. Therefore, after seeking the face of God, in quiet reflection with my family and having listened to the call of our people nationwide to run, I, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, have accepted to re-present myself, on the platform of The Peoples’ Democratic Party, for re-election as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, in the 2015 general elections.

76. Democracy is a collective action, energized by individual responsibility. Your mandate at this time will inspire in me the strength to complete the good work we have started together.

77. My dear people of Nigeria, we must complete the task of ensuring that we lift the poor out of the depth of want, and place their feet firmly on the ladder of prosperity.

78. In this election season, I appeal to all of you, not to harm, maim or kill; and not to incite violence of any kind. We must never forget our common bond, one people from the womb of one Nigeria. Again I say: My ambition to serve you is not worth the blood of any Nigerian. I remain committed to this principle of non-violence.

79. If you believe that we must build a country that works for all, where the strong lift up the weak, and not trample upon them, where the vote of every citizen determines who governs or represents you, where the democratic space is open to all citizens to fulfil their aspirations, irrespective of the circumstance of birth, your brother, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan stands ready to continue in service to you.

80. My brothers and sisters, we cannot go back to the old ways! Our railways were allowed to rot in neglect, we have revived and are modernising them.

81. We cannot go back to the old ways! Our road infrastructure collapsed. We are reconstructing, and expanding federal roads across the country.

82. We cannot go back to the old ways! Our airport terminal buildings were dilapidated and our airspace unsafe. We are fixing this.

83. We cannot go back to the old ways! Our agricultural practices did not benefit our farmers and our people. Fertilizer distribution was a major source of fraud and we were importing food more than our budget can carry. Now we are on our way to self-sufficiency in food production.

84. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

85. We cannot go back to the old ways, where there were long queues at our filling stations due to irregular supply of products and our people were exploited.

86. We cannot go back to the old ways, when women and youths were denied opportunities in government and in responsible positions.

87. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

88. We cannot go back to the old ways! We had skewed distribution of tertiary institutions. Whereas some states had more than one degree awarding institution, some had none. We have now made sure all states have at least one Federal University.

89. We cannot go back to the old ways! Our economy is now the largest in Africa. Once, we were virtually importing everything, now we are exporting several products, including cement.

90. We cannot go back to the old ways! In 2009, average life expectancy was 47 years, by the end of 2013, it was 52 years. Some of our hospitals now perform open heart surgeries, kidney transplants and other challenging operations as we reposition our health service to end decades of medical tourism that drains our scarce resources.

91. We cannot go back to the old ways! Together, in unity, we overcame Ebola, and in the process demonstrated the strength of the Nigerian spirit. And together, united, we must maintain our vigilance.

92. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

93. We cannot go back to the old ways where individual freedoms were trampled upon and citizens were locked up for expressing their views or criticising government.

94. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

95. We cannot go back to the old ways! We must continue to have free and fair elections. We cannot go back to the era where ballot box snatching and stuffing became the norm. Where your votes never counted.

96. Certainly, we cannot!

97. We have to move forward! Only forward!!, my dear people, Forward!!!

98. In moving forward, I see a Nigeria that thirsts for progress with children across the nation, eager for knowledge and safely in schools!

99. I see a Nigeria where all who have taken up arms, would again embrace peace!

100. I see a Nigeria where our women can aspire to any heights, without hindrance!

101. I see a Nigeria where the flames in the Eagles will rekindle, and the Falcons soaring higher in victory!
102. I see a Nigeria where the children of Mustapha, and Christopher, Ade and Ada, Timi and Bunmi, Nnamdi and Namadi, do not go hungry!

103. I see a Nigeria where all, no matter their beliefs, live in peace and harmony!

104. I see a Nigeria where the green passport is accorded a royal reception the world over!

105. I see a Nigeria where one day the next generation will take us to outer space.

106. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, leadership is about staying focused to achieve goals despite challenges. I have been faced with many challenges since coming to office as President. With your support and encouragement, we have stayed the course.

107. We are succeeding, against all odds. For the young Nigerian child, who grew up in the rural area, just like me, we are expanding opportunities and giving them hope. For the market woman, we are expanding opportunities. For our young entrepreneurs, we are expanding opportunities. For the right of our people to vote and for their voices to be heard, we are expanding opportunities. For Nigerians to have the right to free speech, we are expanding opportunities. For the job seekers, against all odds, we are expanding opportunities.

108. While serving our people, I will always ensure the rule of law. I do not intimidate, I expand the democratic space. I give voice to the voiceless and uphold the weak, for the nation belongs to us all. Fellow Nigerians, as we build our democracy, leaders must show temperance at all times. That is a virtue, one which I treasure, and will always uphold.

109. My people, Nigeria is destined for greatness. Today, here at Eagle Square, I say to Nigeria, that working together in love, in strength and in faith, we will build a nation of one people, united in purpose and in action.

110. Fellow Nigerians, it is forward ever! We must put our hopes to work! Together, we will realize our collective destiny.

111. Thank you!!

112. God bless Nigeria!!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Photos From Outside Sani Abacha Stadium After Hitting Full Capacity For Atiku / Ayodele Fayose Asks Atiku To Accept Defeat, Return To Dubai / Nnamdi Kanu's Outfit To Owerri As He Visited Earlier Today (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.