Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State (24996 Views)

PDP Fans Burn APC Brooms, Put APC In A Coffin In Akwa Ibom State? (pictures) / Jonathan And His Misplaced Priorities-Akwa Ibom Staduim Opening / Nigerians, Family Blast Kola Aluko Over $1.5 Million Extravagance Spending On Ch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by Stantiques: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
thomasthomas:
Bro we are talking two different things here, you are talking politics like a politician that you are and I am talking economics and the social well being of the people.

If you think Akpabio is the best, can you enumerate in the following areas, his achievements: Education (not free and compulsory education because that is a joke, Infrastructure wise, the state polytechnic and University in terms of infrastructure has a primary school outlook,), Health, Human Capital development (for your information, Akpabio has not awarded any graduate or post graduate scholarship in his eight year rule! Forget the India jamboree, they are the only set made up of friends and family), Water supply (forget about drilling boreholes everywhere, individuals are doing that), Social services etc

Let me stop here!
guy y u d lie...wht does it profit u.
education is free n compulsory in akwaibom
am in uyo now..abark rd by ibb way
dnt xome on line to spew shit.
akpabio is d best thing dat v eva happened yo akwaibom n u deep down knows..is just dt u guyz.
lacks exposure..so u cant apreaciatr wht he has done for ur pipple.
5---10 yrs from now..akpabio..will be celebratd.am not from ak o..buh i knw ak too wellp

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
shizzleStar:
what points?

Only someone who feeds on propaganda and blackmail will describe the construction of the stadium as a misplaced priority

1. The overpriced cost of the stadium.
2. The cost of the commissioning event.
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
Stantiques:

guy y u d lie...wht does it profit u.
education is free n compulsory in akwaibom
am in uyo now..abark rd by ibb way
dnt xome on line to spew shit.
akpabio is d best thing dat v eva happened yo akwaibom n u deep down knows..is just dt u guyz.
lacks exposure..so u cant apreaciatr wht he has done for ur pipple.
5---10 yrs from now..akpabio..will be celebratd.am not from ak o..buh i knw ak too wellp

You keep shouting 'free and compulsory education', is that the only thing he has done as regards education? What are the standards of those primary and secondary schools? Who attends those schools?

5 - 10 years.. shocked Akwa Ibom People will be hiving a sigh of relieve next year. grin

You said you are by IBB by Abak Road, how do you cope when it rains and IBB is flooded? grin grin grin

Like you said you are not from Akwa Ibom, I know where you are coimng from that is why you are so overwhelmed! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by pendy79: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
SantaMafia:
correction. there is absolutely no state in nigeria with a budget bigger than the budget of Ghana.

Go through google bro. The minister of Finance said same when she released figures of allocation to each states of the federation for 2012.
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2014

Haters welcome to the nest of champions, Not rumor mongers tell you APC masters that all attempt to cast aspersion on Gov. Akpabio Has Failed Akpabio Is The best Governor in Nigeria, An African Champion and Hero and Nigerians Love him!.

8 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
Akpabio was very right ans i quote "We Can't Hand Over Our Future To Blackmailers And Propagandists,” Gov.Akpabio

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
wink
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Akwa Ibom Budget

2011 - N287.4bn

2012 - N397.1 bn

2013 - N470.1 + 100bn + 125bn(Supplementary Budget) = N695.1bn

2014 - N469.374bn

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
thomasthomas:
Akwa Ibom Budget

2011 - N287.4bn

2012 - N397.1 bn

2013 - N470.1 + 100bn + 125bn(Supplementary Budget) = N695.1bn

2014 - N469.374bn

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Akpabio was very right ans i quote "[size=15pt]We Can't Hand Over Our Future To Blackmailers And Propagandists[/size],” Gov.Akpabio at president GEJ second term declaration in Abuja 2014

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hi, Ujoinme, welcome thank you for the pictures.

I think you should get busy answering some questions and saving your boss here. grin
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
thomasthomas:
Hi, Ujoinme, welcome thank you for the pictures.

I think you should get busy answering some questions and saving your boss here. grin

[size=15pt]I don't entertain blackmailers and propagandist least they pull my intellectual acuity to their level,i only expose them for what they are.[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2014

Haters welcome to the nest of champions, Not rumor mongers tell you APC masters that all attempt to cast aspersion on Gov. Akpabio Has Failed Akpabio Is The best Governor in Nigeria, An African Champion and Hero and Nigerians Love him!.

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
Post such pictures of the State University and Polytechnic, School of Nursing, College of Education, Primary, Secondary and if at all Tertiary health facility; Primary and Secondary Schools lets see! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by Justlikethat: 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Even amaechi
next door built many hospitals, some of the best schools in
Nigeria and even a larger football stadium Even amaechi
Nigeria and even a larger football stadium
Even amaechi
Amaechi built a stadium?? :oEven amaechi
Nigeria and even a larger football stadium Even amaechi
Even amaechi
Amaechi built a stadium??
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ujoinme, you and your boss have nothing to offer than posting the same pictures over and over again taken at different angles as seen in the Uyo thread!. Please Post a picture of the Akwa Ibom State University, 'the glorified secondary school'.

I can see you are the personal assistant to the governor on Nairaland matters! grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by GHKWAME1: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
luvmijeje:

I'm use to seeing Nigeria so called leaders celebrating mediocrity but what was a little bit shocking was seeing 3 sitting African Presidents leaving their country to witness rubbish. They are jobless and obviously birds of the same feathers.
Lol! You are not far from the truth, mediocrity is their hall mark, I don't get this fucckery of theirs to be cutting sods when they are constructing a road, or a school block considering that they ensure their blinded jobless bunch of hooligant apologies are there to cheer them up with the hope if being fed and given a stipend stolen from the national coffers.
With regards to the bolded, all I can type is dejavu. Many of my compatriots in Ghana used the same phrase when images were beamed back to the motherland. But to be fair, its not good to turn down invitations in diplomatic circles, you either send emissaries or you get there yourself, I don't think they did any wrong by attending to an invitation.
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2014

Google Getty image, local black mailers and propagandist! Akpabio has built something whose picture has been gazetted by the world renouned getty images.It will take your respectives villages 100yrs + to replicate such a feat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
The Nigeria Football Federation confirms Brazil friendly- BBC Sports

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has confirmed the African champions will host Brazil in a prestigious friendly in March 2015.
The NFF says the game against the five-time world champions will be on 29 March at the new Akwa Ibom stadium, that was opened on Friday.
"The friendly match is sealed," NFF president Amaju Pinnick said.
"We began plans as soon as the new executive committee came on board and the arrangement is finalised now."
A friendly between the two had been scheduled for September 2012 at the Abuja National Stadium, but never materialised.
Continue reading the main story

The two sides have only ever met once in the past and that was a friendly in 2003 in Abuja with Brazil emerging 3-0 winners.
The new 30,000 capacity stadium, in the south eastern city of Uyo, will host Nigeria's final 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against South Africa on 19 November.
But Akwa Ibom governor Godswill Akpabio said at the opening of the stadium in the state capital insisted this friendly will happen.
"Brazil will field the full complement of its stars for the match, including Barcelona star Neymar," said governor Akpabio.
While Pinnick also added that Ukraine and Serbia are also being considered for friendlies next year.
Meanwhile, BBC Sport understands that re-appointed coach Stephen Keshi has not yet been given a new contract by the football authority.

The 52-year-old had paid the price for poor results in qualification for next year's Africa Cup of Nations but was given a chance to make amends following the intervention of Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan.
Nigeria face Congo and South Africa in later this month, needing two wins to stand a chance of making it to the 2015 tournament.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29977185

November 19, 2014 Super eagles Vs Bafana Bafana at the exquisite Nest of champions Uyo, Nigeria
March 29, 2015 Super Eagles Vs Brazillian National team at the exquisite Nest of champions Uyo, Nigeria
Dec 20, 2014 The largest gathering of christmas carol singers A guiness world record breaking event at the exquisite Nest of champions Uyo.
blackmailers and propagandist not welcome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by Collynzo9: 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
Jealousy will kill Yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by SantaMafia: 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
pendy79:

Go through google bro. The minister of Finance said same when she released figures of allocation to each states of the federation for 2012.
I need to google. do you have to accept whatever your finance minister tells you as factual? I have seen the report you are talking about and what your finance minister said was false! produce evidence if you have anything to support your argument. and by the way, what is the highest budget for any state in nigeria? I don't think there is any state in nigeria with a budget of even $10 billion.
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
You just displayed Akpabio style of government; bully, media noise with no sensible intellectual discourse. I have sent the message to the people, there was no point flooding the thread with pictures that is all over the internet again.

You just showed the gangster life style of Akpabio of pushing, attacking and drowning the truth.

Nigerians are intelligent and wise! This tactics works only in Akwa Ibom where all billboards carries your masters picture and the 'wonderful uncommon transformation' he has done.

We shall see!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by luvmijeje(f): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
GHKWAME1:
Lol! You are not far from the truth, mediocrity is their hall mark, I don't get this fucckery of theirs to be cutting sods when they are constructing a road, or a school block considering that they ensure their blinded jobless bunch of hooligant apologies are there to cheer them up with the hope if being fed and given a stipend stolen from the national coffers.
With regards to the bolded, all I can type is dejavu. Many of my compatriots in Ghana used the same phrase when images were beamed back to the motherland. But to be fair, its not good to turn down invitations in diplomatic circles, you either send emissaries or you get there yourself, I don't think they did any wrong by attending to an invitation.

I beg to disagree, they should have send their respective minister of sport. It's embarrassing to see african Presidents coming together to witness commissioning of stadium.

As useless as my President is, he wouldn't dare leave this country to do that rubbish(hopefully he wouldn't). The uproar that will greet that decision is better imagine.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by Aderostock(m): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
Collynzo9:
Jealousy will kill Yorubas.
What have Yoruba got to do with this?
Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Just incase you are not aware. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=186158

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
images by reno omokri

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
grin grin grin

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
grin grin grin grin

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by ujoinme: 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
pictures dont lie and performance is like a light you cannot cover it no matter how hard you try. Akpabio is a winner any day! propagandist will keep on buying N50 million bed for the govt.house and commision incomplete hospital and the blind will hail him as an infrastructure guru.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State by thomasthomas: 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin

No hiding place cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

We Can’t Provide Information On Buhari’s Treatment – CBN / Zamfara: Full List Of PDP Candidates To Get INEC Certificates After Apc’s Loss / Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.