Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? (59963 Views)

My Cousin Is Tempting Me , What Do I Do ? / My Cousin Is Crazy / Please, What Are The Signs That Your Cousin(female) Is In Love With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by CuppyCakie: 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by piagetskinner(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Wroongg!!!isn't that incest in a way?...nwyays, if u like date ya grand-ma...na u sabi
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by tuffgongjo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Though I don't buy into such but one man's meat is another man's poison.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by electropiz(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Abomination! Aru! We all know it..... Should not be heard of! angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by chimerase2: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
FLAWLES:
question for d GODDESS!!! bt dis 1na MU,MU kwestion oo
very useless and stupid
Kai imagine mak me cum de even tink of it chai abomination ma sista cus ma cousin is ma sista
Olodoism it won't be well with u I swear angry

4 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by melotreaah(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
over ethical abeg
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
donroxy:
Some culture allow it but only forbid marriage between Brothers/Sister .... Half brother/half sister , Aunts/Uncle, Nephew/Niece , StepMother/StepFather .......

Islam my religion allow marriage between cousins while Yoruba my heritage forbid it .... Me I'm indifference !!
Jazaqumulahi brother.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by follaj: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
If you are already in a such mess I humbly employ you to stop it now. In Nigeria context is not ethical especially in Yorubaland.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by clara472: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Well,I personally feel its wrong. Some cultures do allow it and some see it as an abomination!.. I got 3 cousins of mine that had sexual feelings for me. Mehn,that thing was scareee!. Had to start avoiding them ni o.. No be for my mouth dem go hear say king mess.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
The bible didn't condemn it...If you think otherwise show me where the bible condemned it.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by bitterpenis(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
No big deal, I can and will if the interest is there
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by hightee18(f): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Wu does dat undecided,,to me itz an abominatn
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by FLAWLES(f): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
chimerase2:
very useless and stupid
Kai imagine mak me cum de even tink of it chai abomination ma sista cus ma cousin is ma sista
Olodoism it won't be well with u I swear angry
.chai take it easy
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by MecTessy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Just rubbish Question

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by chuks000(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Is dis nt wat is called incensce or wateva in xtianity??........ Wuld av luv it if twas owk sha, ma cousin fyn dye
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Mathematical(f): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Seriously sees nothing wrong with such... Its just some culture ,ethnic or tradition doesn't support it... Abeg... Let's face the music and dance to whatever lyrics is oozing out... my opinion tho. You quote me.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
samflexxy:
yes I can cause there's no law that condemns it
if there's no human law that condemns it,read the book of Leviticus 18,,u'll see the level of God's condemnation on this kind of sin called 'INCEST'

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by seemore(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
Noah's kids must have married themselves after the flood. So there you go. . .

8 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by chimerase2: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
christopher123:
I JUST DONT KNOW FOR YOU, IN MY IGBOTIC CULTURE, IT IS A TABOO TO DATE MARRY YOUR FIRST, SECOND OR THIRD COUSIN

THERE ARE MILLION OF MATES TO CHOOSE FROM
even ua village pple dat der kindred is far from urs as long as u peeps dnt get married it will be an abomination for u to mingle it de person
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Umennajiego(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
The Bible does not forbid marrying your cousin so let's make sure in our zeal to help others that we don't confuse what our culture teaches with what the Bible teaches.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Leviticus 18 lists the forbidden relationships and cousins are not forbidden nor is cousin marriage forbidden anywhere else in the Bible.

God may have chosen your cousin for you and if He chose him it would be a sin to walk away from this. There is no evidence that there is a significant increase in birth defects when cousins marry. The preferred marriage among the Israelites was cousin to cousin marriage and Jews to this day have an average I.Q. of over 120 with the highest population of Geniuses in the world. Ever hear of Einstein?

Both Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin married their first cousins. If such scientists as these had no fear of "defects" in their children then you should not. Their children were all healthy and bright. However, if you're really stupid and your cousin is really stupid then there is a much higher chance that your children will be really stupid. Is there room for a little humor here?

The fact is that cousin marriage was banned by the Roman Catholic church under 'Pope Gregory I' in an attempt to prevent the accumulation of wealth and power within families. The popes saw wealth among the common man as competition for their own power. This power structure exists in the Philippines to this day and is hampering economic development. The ban had nothing to do with our Bibles which we read regularly, don't we?

Civil disobedience has a long history within the Christian community. You've all heard of people power. When the people gathered by the thousands outside of Malacanang to oust Marcos that was against the law. Was it a sin? No. If you must go to another province or state to marry your cousin so that nobody will report you then that is what you must do. Will that be against the law? Maybe. Is it a sin? No. This is not unheard of in the Philippines, The United States, and many other countries where Born Again Christians live in sufficient numbers to make such laws of no effect. I know of such a couple in the Philippines and they live happily to this day. They're now in their 60s with 5 children and many grandchildren. They're born again of course because it is the pope who forbids cousin marriage, not the Bible.

Enjoy for your reading pleasure grin[color=#000099][/color]

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
What's wrong with NL fp

after so many delay finally a topic is updated

this trash??

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by kilokeys(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
cousins, esp the ones u met when u r all grown are so seductive..

i swear.. u go wan form Mr. Knackson.

but in d end, whn ur eye clear.. u go regret
nothing is more depressing than knacking ur mother's sister daughter..

not from experience sha grin

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
follaj:
If you are already in a such mess I humbly employ you to stop it now. In Nigeria context is not ethical especially in Yorubaland.

Nigerians and their ignorant opinion...What make you think its a mess?
Dont yoruba eat snake ,which we Igbo consider disgusting and sacrilegious.
You probably never left your village before....lol

4 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by wiringdpt(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
Wont that be incest?

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by fighalo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
see where people mind dae go.. na wa oo. am suspecting d OP.

my observation tho
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by lilbabyak(m): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
blemon44:
why would you spank your cousin?
are you a muslim?
are you from arab land?
religious bigot....get a life
Daz lik dating your sibling nau?

1 Like

chuks000:
Is dis nt wat is called incensce or wateva in xtianity??........ Wuld av luv it if twas owk sha, ma cousin fyn dye
Its called incest.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
enkay4love:
if there's no human law that condemns it,read the books of chronicles & Deutronomy,u'll see the level of God's condemnation on this kind of sin called 'INCEST'

Its either you cant read or you aree a liar. ..read that chapter again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / Young Nigerian Man Shows Off His Old German Sugar Mummy In Wheelchair (Video) / How I Handled My Cheating Serious Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.