Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Is Jesus Really God? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really God? (29629 Views)

Is Jesus Really God / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Divorce! Pls What Is Really God's Take On This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by fishleg123: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
if I may ask.
where is Jesus now.
does Jesus have God?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Jessicha(f): 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
aminusanti:

And what category did u throw d trinity believers??

" the true worshippers will worship the Father .... the Father is looking for such like ones to WORSHIP HIM"
John 4:23

but rather than worship the Father, trinitarians act contrarily by worshipping a mysterious three in one god that they themselves don't understand . totally wrong thus making them the EXACT opposite of a true worshipper !!!

So, u are going with it as the only son of God?

no , not only son cos even the angels are sons of God BUT " ONLY BEGOTTEN SON",John 3:16 because he is the only one created directly by The Almighty God
. Jesus testify this at Rev 3:14 , that he is the beginning of the creation by God .

all other things are created through Christ , he was a master worker with God Almighty ( prov 8:22 , 31 which refer to him as wisdom personified , also Colosians 1:16 )
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 12:29am On Apr 04, 2016
aminusanti:

Pls get dis right , am quoting it bcus we believe in it there are God's words but when it comes to the errors, there r so obvious that even a layman can identify them.

Yez u r not following jesus and his teachings. u cant deny d errors/ contradiction in the bible

*where did jesus said he is God follow him?
*show me where he said he ll die for ur sins?
* where did he claim divinity?
* where is it mentioned that u should go to churches on sunday

do u keep d commandments of moses?

Matthew, Mark, and Luke, authors of the first three Gospels, believed that Jesus was not God (see Mark 10:18 and Matthew 19:17).  They believed that he was the son of God in the sense of a righteous person.  Many others too, are similarly called sons of God (see Matthew 23:1-9)

You don't believe the Bible is why you don't understand it, at all.

I'm not going to have discussion with you because you don't want help, and have a false accuser bad mouth.

I may keep pointing out your wrongs though as I have done.

aminusanti:

Pls stop lying to urself mr man and what happened to the first question? No clue?
Lol
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 2:03am On Apr 04, 2016
Jessicha:

Mr , do u mean its wrong to translate "theos" as a god when its not referring to the Almighty God? thats plain ignorance , compare Act 28:6 and have a rethink

" But they were expecting he was going to swell up with inflammation or suddenly drop dead. After they waited for a long while and beheld nothing hurtful happen to him, they changed their mind and began saying he was a god "

tell me that's wrong ?

They thought Paul was a god because he didn't die from the snake bite,
that has nothing to do with "the Word" being God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God (theos), and the Word was God (theos).

The greek for God in the first instance of the verse is "theos" and the Greek for God in the second instance is "theos", however jw correctly say "God" for the first instance, and incorrectly say "a god" in the second.

It is clear that John would have used another word than "theos" concerning "the Word", if he meant that "the Word" was
something other than God.

A few verses other than John 1:1 showing that God, the Word, Jesus Christ, is God:

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (God with us).

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Hebrews 1:9 (above) shows that the Father is the God of the Word-Jesus Christ, it also shows that the Word-Jesus Christ is God, jw think because Jesus's Father is His God, that He Himself cannot be God, they don't believe so many scriptures. The verse shows God and the Word being two persons and God.
jw cannot understand it, as they do not have the Holy Spirit living in them, but they should believe it instead of changing what the Bible says.

Also, verse 13 shows that the Word-Jesus Christ is not an Angel.

There are many verses besides these showing that God, the Word, Jesus Christ, is "God"
God and David and John and Timothy and more say that God, the Word, Jesus Christ, is God,
and jw org. contradicting the Bible all over, evily say no He isn't God, He is "a god"

It is truly an evil thing to call "God", "a god".
It's like the pharacees saying Jesus did His miracles by the power of the devil.
jw is the modern day pharisee.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by aminusanti(m): 2:15am On Apr 04, 2016
johnw74:

You don't believe the Bible is why you don't understand it, at all.

I'm not going to have discussion with you because you don't want help, and have a false accuser bad mouth.

I may keep pointing out your wrongs though as I have done.

Why should I believe in something that is full contraction, people putting there own opinion anyhow, and u expect me to just believe and follow as u are doing? Man u need to wake up as u only live once, make good use of ur time by seeking proper knowledge of what you are worshiping. D difference btw me and one u is I read both scriptures with open mind but most of you are just assuming and ignoring to even give a single chance to study the Quran and ask more questions on anything dat seems not to sounds right. Rather, u guys prefer just pick some mis interpreted verses online and use them as an excuse. Whatever u are doing make sure u use facts then analyze and understand it not just going with people are saying.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 2:20am On Apr 04, 2016
[size=14pt]Worship Jesus[/size]

Jehovah's Witnesses worshipped Jesus until 1954, after which they were told such worship was idolatrous. This made them a polytheistic religion for most of their history. The core to religion is God, and to change the God you worship is to change the very essence and basis of the religion.

Of the countless alterations in Witness doctrine, the one regarding the Worship of Jesus is most important of all. The major issues concerning the history and doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses are prevalent within the Watchtower doctrine of Jesus, clearly highlighting the manner in which the leaders operate. These pandemic symptoms are threefold.

Significant teachings change
The Watchtower misquotes its sources
Current doctrines are not necessarily correct

Changed Teaching on Jesus

Russell taught that we should worship Jesus and the initial Watchtower Charter's specified that establishment of the Watchtower Society was to promote the worship of Jehovah and Jesus. Yet since the 1950's, worshipping Jesus became regarded as wrongful idolatry.

Russell promoted the worship of Jesus and prayer to him because he is our God.

Continue reading here: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 2:31am On Apr 04, 2016
[size=14pt]Trinity[/size]

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that God is a Trinity and use this as indication that they alone worship truth. However, in order to support their Arian based doctrine, Watchtower inaccurately defines the Trinity, resorts to misquoting sources, and fail to acknowledge the large number of Christians that do not worship a Trinitarian God.

This section does not propose to solve a 2000-year debate on the nature of God, but rather show the inaccurate statements and misleading methods the Watchtower uses to support its teaching.

Watchtower claims they have the correct understanding of God, and Christendom holds a pagan view.

"Christendom's unchristian doctrine of a Trinity of "God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Ghost" will be rejected by all enlightened mankind as being a blasphemous pagan lie." Paradise restored to Mankind - By Theocracy p.388

Continue reading here: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/trinity.php
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 2:36am On Apr 04, 2016
aminusanti:

Why should I believe in something that is full contraction, people putting there own opinion anyhow, and u expect me to just believe and follow as u are doing? Man u need to wake up as u only live once, make good use of ur time by seeking proper knowledge of what you are worshiping. D difference btw me and one u is I read both scriptures with open mind but most of you are just assuming and ignoring to even give a single chance to study the Quran and ask more questions on anything dat seems not to sounds right. Rather, u guys prefer just pick some mis interpreted verses online and use them as an excuse. Whatever u are doing make sure u use facts then analyze and understand it not just going with people are saying.

@bold, I don't just expect you to believe and follow as I am doing, I couldn't care less what Bible haters do.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 2:43am On Apr 04, 2016
[size=14pt]John 1:1, "The word was a god"[/size]

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. The New World Translation

God was the word in GreekThis is one of the most common verses of contention between the Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians. Their false assumption is that Jesus is not God in flesh but Michael the archangel who became a man. Therefore, since they deny that Jesus is divine, they have altered the Bible in John 1:1 so that Jesus is not divine in nature. The New World Translation has added the word "a" to the verse so it says, " . . . and the Word was a god." The correct translation for this verse is "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." This is how it is rendered in the NASB, NIV, KJV, NKJV, ASV, RSV, etc.

Continue reading here: https://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witnesses/john-11-word-was-god
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by aminusanti(m): 8:34am On Apr 04, 2016
johnw74:

@bold, I don't just expect you to believe and follow as I am doing, I couldn't care less what Bible haters do.

U are really funny n clueless I swear, sorry for ur life

Qur'an 2:6
" Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe"
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by BERNIMOORE: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2016
Jessicha:

" the true worshippers will worship the Father .... the Father is looking for such like ones to WORSHIP HIM"

but rather than worship the Father, trinitarians act contrarily by worshipping a mysterious three in one god that they themselves don't understand . totally wrong thus making them the EXACT opposite of a true worshipper !!!

no , not only son cos even the angels are sons of God BUT " ONLY BEGOTTEN SON",John 3:16 because he is the only one created directly by The Almighty God
. Jesus testify this at Rev 3:14 , that he is the beginning of the creation by God .

all other things are created through Christ , he was a master worker with God Almighty ( prov 8:22 , 31 which refer to him as wisdom personified , also Colosians 1:16 )
Good morning, i have replied your post on this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1990555/paulgrundy-nairaland-impersonator-yooguyz-not
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 10:04am On Apr 04, 2016
aminusanti:

U are really funny n clueless I swear, sorry for ur life

Qur'an 2:6
" Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe"

Well you are right for once there, I will not believe the quran.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by cloudgoddess(f): 10:09am On Apr 04, 2016
Nope. As far as we know he was at most a normal man, deified by his followers - if he even existed at all.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by aminusanti(m): 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
johnw74:

Well you are right for once there, I will not believe the quran.
Hav no time for ur lame accusations
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
aminusanti:

Hav no time for ur lame accusations

maybe you will stop your crying now
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by aminusanti(m): 11:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
johnw74:

maybe you will stop your crying now
Get well soon.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by mustymatic(m): 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Is Jesus really God? There are many cults and false religions today that deny it. What is the truth about Jesus Christ? We turn to the Scriptures for the answer.

Is Jesus really God? There are many cults and false religions today that deny it. The Jehovah’s Witnesses, for example, believe Jesus was created by the Father billions of years ago as the Archangel Michael and is hence a "lesser god" than the Father. The Mormons say Jesus was born as the first and greatest spirit child of the Heavenly Father and heavenly mother, and was the spirit-brother of Lucifer. New Agers claim Jesus was an enlightened master. Unitarian Universalists say Jesus was just a good moral teacher. What is the truth about Jesus Christ? We turn to the Scriptures for the answer.

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/

NO!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by johnw74: 12:02am On Apr 05, 2016
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God (theos), and the Word was God (theos).

The greek for God in the first instance of the verse is "theos" and the Greek for God in the second instance is "theos", however jw correctly say "God" for the first instance, and incorrectly say "a god" in the second.

It is clear that John would have used another word than "theos" concerning "the Word", if he meant that "the Word" was

A few verses other than John 1:1 showing that God, the Word, Jesus Christ, is God:

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (God with us).

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Hebrews 1:9 (above) shows that the Father is the God of the Word-Jesus Christ, it also shows that the Word-Jesus Christ is God, jw think because Jesus's Father is His God, that He Himself cannot be God, they don't believe so many scriptures. The verse shows God and the Word being two persons and God.
jw cannot understand it, as they do not have the Holy Spirit living in them, but they should believe it instead of changing what the Bible says.

There are many verses besides these showing that God, the Word, Jesus Christ, is "God"
God and David and John and Timothy and more say that God, the Word, Jesus Christ, is God,
and jw org. contradicting the Bible all over, evily say no He isn't God, He is "a god"

It's like the pharacees saying Jesus did His miracles by the power of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 05, 2016
johnw74:

you've said it all dear....all these jw are just confusing people.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 9:18am On Apr 05, 2016
juhan:
you've said it all dear....all these jw are just confusing people.

since you understand what he posted, can you now tell , your understanding of heb 1:9 he quoted?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Emusan(m): 11:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Jessicha:

Yet your founder Russell and Rutherford worshipped Jesus. That means they died as an idolaters.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Jessicha(f): 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
Emusan:

Yet your founder Russell and Rutherford worshipped Jesus. That means they died as an idolaters.

" true worshippers will worship the FATHER ... the Father is looking for SUCHLIKE ones to WORSHIP HIM " john 4:23

THATS THE POINT!!!

Anything aside that is a lack of proper understanding , ignorance or stubbornness on the part of people e.g trinitarians
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Emusan(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
Jessicha:

" true worshippers will worship the FATHER ... the Father is looking for SUCHLIKE ones to WORSHIP HIM " john 4:23

THATS THE POINT!!!

Anything aside that is a [size=14pt]lack of proper understanding , ignorance or stubbornness on the part of people like Russell & Rutherford [/size]
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2016
aminusanti:

What I sent to u earlier was it written in hebrew or swahili?? Pls stop being funny if u have no answer to it

Your post that I quoted was blank. Please send it in plain English and not Arabic. cool
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by mustymatic(m): 12:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Your post that I quoted was blank. Please send it in plain English and not Arabic. cool
New International Version
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

King James Bible
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord
If Jesus was God he wouldn't say "our" god rather "your "
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On May 14, 2016
mustymatic:

NO!

Explain. cool
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by mustymatic(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Explain. cool
grin

1- Jesus is not all knowing:

Mark 24: 32-36:

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only

God is all-knowing, Jesus fails this main qualification. This alone is enough to prove that Jesus is not God. Also note the verse says ONLY the Father meaning nobody else, including the divine Jesus.

2- Jesus never said I am God.

Is this a coincidence? I think not. If you make a claim on someone, then you would expect that someone to back your claim up. If I claim somebody is a king, you would expect that king to say he is a king, at least once. In the OT God says he is God several times, why not once with Jesus in the NT? Did God change his ways? I think not, since the OT says God does not change. Here are the passages from the OT where God says he is God:

Gen 35:11 And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins

Gen 46:3 And he said, I [am] God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation:

Exd 16:12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD your God.

Exd 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psa 50:7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I [am] God, [even] thy God.

Psa 81:10 I [am] the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isa 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call [thee] by thy name, [am] the God of Israel.

Isa 45:5 I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else, [there is] no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me,

Jer 32:27 Behold, I [am] the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Eze 13:9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I [am] the Lord GOD.

Eze 20:19 I [am] the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;

Eze 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God.

Eze 23:49 And they shall recompense your lewdness upon you, and ye shall bear the sins of your idols: and ye shall know that I [am] the Lord GOD.

So as we can see, God is not shy to say I am God. SO if Jesus is God, then how come he never said it once like the God of the OT? This is not a coincidence.

3- Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to trust the son of man:

The New Testament makes it very clear that Jesus is the son of man:

Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes,
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37pm On May 14, 2016
mustymatic:

grin

1- Jesus is not all knowing:

Mark 24: 32-36:

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only

God is all-knowing, Jesus fails this main qualification. This alone is enough to prove that Jesus is not God. Also note the verse says ONLY the Father meaning nobody else, including the divine Jesus.

Jesus in the Gospels sometimes spoke from the perspective of His divinity and at other times from the perspective of His humanity (Philipians 2:5-11). Had He been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour. Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4-6; John 2:25; 16:30; 21:17).

mustymatic:

2- Jesus never said I am God.

Is this a coincidence? I think not. If you make a claim on someone, then you would expect that someone to back your claim up. If I claim somebody is a king, you would expect that king to say he is a king, at least once. In the OT God says he is God several times, why not once with Jesus in the NT? Did God change his ways? I think not, since the OT says God does not change. Here are the passages from the OT where God says he is God:

Gen 35:11 And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins

Gen 46:3 And he said, I [am] God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation:

Exd 16:12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD your God.

Exd 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psa 50:7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I [am] God, [even] thy God.

Psa 81:10 I [am] the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isa 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call [thee] by thy name, [am] the God of Israel.

Isa 45:5 I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else, [there is] no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me,

Jer 32:27 Behold, I [am] the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Eze 13:9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I [am] the Lord GOD.

Eze 20:19 I [am] the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;

Eze 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God.

Eze 23:49 And they shall recompense your lewdness upon you, and ye shall bear the sins of your idols: and ye shall know that I [am] the Lord GOD.

So as we can see, God is not shy to say I am God. SO if Jesus is God, then how come he never said it once like the God of the OT? This is not a coincidence.

Did He say He is not God?

mustymatic:

3- Jesus is the son of man, the OT tells us not to trust the son of man:

The New Testament makes it very clear that Jesus is the son of man:

Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes,

If the OT tells you not to trust the son of man do you trust in Jesus? undecided
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by abbasajao(m): 7:45pm On May 14, 2016
What a religion
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04pm On May 17, 2016
abbasajao:

What a religion

What about it? undecided
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2016
mustymatic:

New International Version
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

King James Bible
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord
If Jesus was God he wouldn't say "our" god rather "your "

But satan also believes this and trembles.

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by mustymatic(m): 6:07pm On May 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

But satan also believes this and trembles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

American Pastors Pray Over Kenneth Copeland As He Visits Winners Chapel / Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs / Leke Adeboye Sends Late Brother Dare Gift On 43rd Posthumous Birthday (Pix, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.