Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,683 members, 7,813,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Is Jesus Really God? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really God? (29621 Views)

Is Jesus Really God / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Divorce! Pls What Is Really God's Take On This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Your authority is the Watchtower magazine and until you make the Bible as your final authority you will continue to argue until the cow comes home and when you do so you will then realise that the Jesus of the Bible is quite different from the Jesus portrayed in the Watchtower magazine. You need the real Jesus of the Bible in your life because He is the light of the Light of the world and when He shines His light into your heart the darkness will not be able to comprehend it.

Nairalanders & guests following this thread, pls ask OLAADEGBU LYING Pharisee conjoined with FALSEHOOD, if " Watchtower" spoke the words of John17:3...

OLAADEGBU Pharisee is a pathetic, pathological LIAR.
What a clown who FALSELY claim to follow Jesus !
You ALL can see that Trinity is a man made scam.....
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2019
Janosky:

Nairalanders & guests following this thread, pls ask OLAADEGBU LYING Pharisee conjoined with FALSEHOOD, if " Watchtower" spoke the words of John17:3...

OLAADEGBU Pharisee is a pathetic, pathological LIAR.
What a clown who FALSELY claim to follow Jesus !
You ALL can see that Trinity is a man made scam.....

Is Jesus Christ your personal Saviour and Lord?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Is Jesus Christ your personal Saviour and Lord?

I stand on John17:3, the very words of Jesus , my Messiah.
OLAADEGBU Pharisee conjoined with FALSEHOOD, go and answer the questions above you wey you take dey practice USAIN BOLT.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
Janosky:

I stand on John17:3, the very words of Jesus , my Messiah.
OLAADEGBU Pharisee conjoined with FALSEHOOD, go and answer the questions above you wey you take dey practice USAIN BOLT.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3).

You are yet to answer the question. The question still is: Do you know Jesus Christ as your Creator, Lord and Saviour? undecided
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3).

You are yet to answer the question. The question still is: Do you know Jesus Christ as your Creator, Lord and Saviour? undecided
OLAADEGBU Pharisee diversionary tactic.. doing USAIN BOLT on those fundamental questions knocking out his mumu doctrine.

OLAADEGBU Pharisee go and ask Jesus Christ what his words @John17:3 actually mean...
Kumuyi your pastorpreneur god, can not give you the answer....

FACT....
OLAADEGBU pharisee conjoined with FALSEHOOD, have ZERO CONNECTION with Jesus.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Ken4Christ: 7:10am On Sep 03, 2019
Janosky:

John17:3, who is the ONLY TRUE GOD?
Does Jesus Christ have a God?
Who is the God of his Father?

"Christ is first in rank" of what?
" 'Christ is "first in rank', who is his God?

If your claims are true, you won't be doing USAIN BOLT on these fundamental questions begging for answers..

Even the Father called him God.

Hebrews 1:8-9.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. note

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

He is God in very essence and nature. The Father is the Head of the Godhead but his fullness dwells in Jesus. If you want to see God, look at Jesus.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2019
Janosky:

OLAADEGBU Pharisee diversionary tactic.. doing USAIN BOLT on those fundamental questions knocking out his mumu doctrine.

OLAADEGBU Pharisee go and ask Jesus Christ what his words @John17:3 actually mean...
Kumuyi your pastorpreneur god, can not give you the answer....

FACT....
OLAADEGBU pharisee conjoined with FALSEHOOD, have ZERO CONNECTION with Jesus.

So you could not say for a fact that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour? Do you now see why I said you need to be born again? undecided
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 12:32am On Sep 04, 2019
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 12:34am On Sep 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

So you could not say for a fact that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour? Do you now see why I said you need to be born again? undecided

Kumuyi "born again" worshipper asking for the expo of John17:3.....
John17:3 expose your mumu.... that scripture big pass your Pharisee level..
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

4. Jesus Is Not All-Knowing

Some cults argue that because Jesus said no one knows the day or hour of His return except the Father (Mark 13:32), Jesus must not be all-knowing, and hence He must not be truly God.

In response, Jesus in the Gospels sometimes spoke from the perspective of His divinity and at other times from the perspective of His humanity. In Mark 13:32, Jesus was speaking from the limited perspective of His humanity (see Philippians 2:5–11). Had he been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour. Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4–6; John 2:25, 16:30, 21:17).

5. Jesus Prayed

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father, He could not truly be God.

Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father. Since Christ came as a man—and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to, and adore God—it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.

Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew, and as our High Priest—"in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:17)—Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

5. Jesus Prayed

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father, He could not truly be God.

Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father. Since Christ came as a man—and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to, and adore God—it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.

Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew, and as our High Priest—"in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:17)—Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.

OLAADEGBU conjoined twin of FRAUD.
Your "high priest God" ascended to heaven to live with his God & Father, Jehovah in heaven. (John20:17)

E get high priest wey no dey serve a 'Superior Being' whether in the physical or the spiritual realm ?
Hebrew 4:14-16, Jesus Christ is a heavenly high priest answerable to whom?

Who tell you say Jesus the high priest no dey supplicate him God in heaven?

Revelation 3:5,12 NAILS the coffin of your satanic, Trinity fraud.

Rev 3:16-18,Jesus Christ has said he will vomit out OLAADEGBU conjoined twin of FRAUD.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

5. Jesus Prayed

6. The Trinity Is Illogical

Some cults claim the Trinity is illogical (“three in one”).

In response, the Trinity may be beyond reason, but it is not against reason. The Trinity does not entail three gods in one God, or three persons in one person. Such claims would be nonsensical. There is nothing contradictory, however, in affirming three persons in one God (or three whos in one what).

Read More Here
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

@1)
The Trinity Is Illogical[/b]

some cults claim the Trinity is illogical (“three in one”).

In response, the Trinity may be beyond reason, but it is not against reason.

*@2)
The Trinity does not entail three gods in one God, or three persons in one person. Such claims would be nonsensical. There is nothing contradictory, however, in affirming three persons in one God (or three whos in one what).

OLAADEGBU FALSEHOOD.....!

"Hebrews 4:14
Therefore, since we have such a great high
priest who has passed through the heavens,
Jesus the Son of God,"

@Hebrews 5:1
Every high priest is appointed from among
men to represent them in matters relating to
God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins.

Hebrews 5:5
So also Christ did not take upon Himself the
glory of becoming a high priest, but He was
called by the One who said to Him: "You are
My Son; today I have become Your Father."
*Hebrews 5:10
and was designated by God as high priest in
the order of Melchizedek."

Your high priest was APPOINTED for the service of his God... .
See as holy Bible dey RUBBISH your satanic doctrine...
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

@1)
The Trinity Is Illogical[/b]

some cults claim the Trinity is illogical (“three in one”).

In response, the Trinity may be beyond reason, but it is not against reason.

*@2)
The Trinity does not entail three gods in one God, or three persons in one person. Such claims would be nonsensical. There is nothing contradictory, however, in affirming three persons in one God (or three whos in one what).

OLAADEGBU FALSEHOOD.....!

"Hebrews 4:14
Therefore, since we have such a great high
priest who has passed through the heavens,
Jesus the Son of God,"

@Hebrews 5:1
Every high priest is appointed from among
men to represent them in matters relating to
God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins.

Hebrews 5:5
So also Christ did not take upon Himself the
glory of becoming a high priest, but He was
called by the One who said to Him: "You are
My Son; today I have become Your Father."
*Hebrews 5:10
and was designated by God as high priest in
the order of Melchizedek."

Your high priest was APPOINTED for the service of his God.

"Therefore he had to be made like his
brothers in every respect, so that he might
become a merciful and faithful high priest in
the service of God," Hebrew 2:17.

Your fake almighty God is a high priest serving himself....
See as holy Bible dey RUBBISH your satanic doctrine...
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Even the Father called him God.

Hebrews 1:8-9.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. note

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

He is God in very essence and nature. The Father is the Head of the Godhead but his fullness dwells in Jesus. If you want to see God, look at Jesus.

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Don't let it amaze you that the JWs hate the KJV with a passion. You will be surprised what they twisted the verses you quoted up there to in their NWT. We should continue to pray and preach to them because the god of this world has blinded their minds from seeing the light of the glorious gospel of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

6. The Trinity Is Illogical

Some cults claim the Trinity is illogical (“three in one”).

In response, the Trinity may be beyond reason, but it is not against reason. The Trinity does not entail three gods in one God, or three persons in one person. Such claims would be nonsensical. There is nothing contradictory, however, in affirming three persons in one God (or three whos in one what).

Read More Here

7. The Trinity Is Pagan

Some cults have claimed the doctrine of the Trinity is rooted in ancient paganism in Babylon and Assyria.

In response, the Babylonians and Assyrians believed in triads of gods who headed up a pantheon of many other gods. These triads constituted three separate gods (polytheism), which is utterly different from the doctrine of the Trinity that maintains that there is only one God (monotheism) with three persons within the one godhead.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by orunto27: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2019
Yes. He is The Incarnate of God,, The Great God, The Lord God, The Lamb of God, The Almighty, The Good God and The I AM THAT IAM.

Nicodemous said, "Good Master(Lord)".
Jesus replied, "Thou has said it with thy own mouth. Because 'Only God is Good".
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

7. The Trinity Is Pagan

Some cults have claimed the doctrine of the Trinity is rooted in ancient paganism in Babylon and Assyria.

In response, the Babylonians and Assyrians believed in triads of gods who headed up a pantheon of many other gods. These triads constituted three separate gods (polytheism), which is utterly different from the doctrine of the Trinity that maintains that there is only one God (monotheism) with three persons within the one godhead.

Our God Is an Awesome God

We have seen that Jesus must be viewed as God by virtue of the facts that He has the names of God, the attributes of God, and the authority of God; He does the works of God; and He is worshiped as God. We have also seen persuasive scriptural evidences for the doctrine of the Trinity. Our triune God is an awesome God!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

We have seen that Jesus must be viewed as God by virtue of the facts that He has the names of God, the attributes of God, and the authority of God; He does the works of God; and He is worshiped as God. We have also seen persuasive scriptural evidences for the doctrine of the Trinity. Our triune God is an awesome God!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJlko2Qe8X0

Hallelujah! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by sonmvayina(m): 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
God is the personification of totality of the consciousness of the universe fully embodied.. Not a man or human being.. Worshipping anything in the image or like Ness of anything in heaven or earth or under the waters below the earth is idolatry... Man is found on earth.. So it is spirituality impossible...
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by sonmvayina(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
Amos 3:7 says "God does nothing withing revealing it first to his servant the prophet".. There is no prophet from moses to malachi that God told he will come to the world as a child or that he will die for sins..

These ideas are all pagan.. From babylon or Rome.. They added it at the end of the book of malachi to insult the most high just as Daniel prophesied in Dan7 :25..
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by orunto27: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jesus is The more you see the more you understand.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
Freksy:
1. Here, you are sounding very judgmental like the supreme judge of mankind. None Israelite king/prophet was without error/sin in the sight of the LORD. Judgment is God’s, not yours. Did you take note of what is said about him in the scripture I quoted above (1Ch 29:23-25)? Can same be said of you? Solomon was also an anointed king, in case you don’t know. Though Solomon sat on that LORD’S throne of Davidic covenant before Jesus, however, it's worth mentioning again that God’s purpose in this covenant was to provide a kingly dynasty for the Jews; to give Jesus, as David’s heir, the legal right to the throne of David, “the LORD’s throne” (1Ch 29:23; Lu 1:32); and to provide identification for Jesus as the Messiah. Solomon had been an heir to this same Davidic throne of covenant – the throne of the LORD. 1Ch 29:23 KJV. How would you explain the following?
2. Is it Jesus that God was to chasten with the rod of men if he commit iniquity? Many kings in line of David sat on that throne. PS 45:6 FIRST APPLIED TO SOLOMON. It's not the one that sat on the throne that was to last forever, but the throne itself. 1Ch 29:23 KJV
1. God took the Kingdom away from Solomon. God had an agreement with Solomon, an agreement that Solomon did not keep, and God visited on Solomon and his descendants the consequences for breaking such an agreement.
1. King Solomon loved many foreign women, including the daughter of Pharaoh and women from Moab, Ammon, Edom, Sidon, and the Hittites.
2. In the past the Lord had said to the Israelites, “You must not marry people from other nations. If you do, they will cause you to follow their gods.” But Solomon fell in love with these women.
3. He had 700 wives who were the daughters of leaders from other nations. He also had 300 slave women who were like wives to him. His wives caused him to turn away from God.
4. When Solomon was old, his wives caused him to follow other gods, so he did not follow the Lord completely as his father David did.
5. Solomon worshiped Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon, and Milcom, the horrible god of the Ammonites.
6. So Solomon did what the Lord said was wrong. He did not follow the Lord completely as his father David did.
7. On the mountain next to Jerusalem, Solomon built a place for worshiping Chemosh, that horrible idol of the Moabites. On the same mountain, Solomon built a place for worshiping Molech, that horrible idol of the Ammonites.
8. Solomon did the same thing for all of his other foreign wives who burned incense and gave sacrifices to their gods.
9. So Solomon did not remain faithful to the Lord, the God of Israel, even though God had appeared to him twice. The Lord became angry with him.
10. He had told Solomon that he must not follow other gods, but Solomon did not obey the Lord’s command.
11. So the Lord said to Solomon, “You have chosen to break your agreement with me. You have not obeyed my commands. So I promise that I will tear your kingdom away from you and give it to one of your servants.
12. But I loved your father David, so I will not take your kingdom away from you while you are alive. I will wait until your son becomes king. Then I will take it from him.
13. Still, I will not tear away all the kingdom from your son. I will leave him one tribe to rule. I will do this for my servant David and for Jerusalem, the city I chose.” - 1 King 11 vs 1-13
After Solomon's death, the throne of David became diminished. His descendants continued to serve as kings but not over the throne of Israel — all the tribes of Israel — but over the tribe Benjamin which was left. Because Solomon refused to repent, God put in place the plan to divide the Hebrew Nation into two different nations.
1 King 11 vs 30-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. Ahijah took his new coat and tore it into twelve pieces.
31. Then he said to Jeroboam, “Take ten pieces of this coat for yourself because the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I will tear the kingdom away from Solomon, and I will give you ten of the tribes.
32. I will let David’s family keep only one tribe. I will do this because of my servant David and because of Jerusalem, the city that I chose from among all the tribes of Israel.
33. I will take the kingdom from Solomon because he stopped following me and began worshiping Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon; Chemosh, the god of Moab; and Milcom, the god of the Ammonites. Solomon stopped following my ways and doing what I say is right. He does not obey my laws and commands as his father David did.
34. So I will take the kingdom away from Solomon’s family. I chose David because he obeyed all my laws and commands. So for my servant David, I will let Solomon be the king for the rest of his life.
35. But Jeroboam, I will take the ten tribes away from his son and give them to you.
36. I will let Solomon’s son keep one tribe to rule over. I will do this for my servant David, so he will always have someone to rule near me in Jerusalem, the city that I chose to be my own.
37. But I will make you king of Israel. You will rule over everything you want.
38. If you live right and obey all my commands as David did, I will be with you and make your family a family of kings, just as I did for David. And you will have Israel as your kingdom.
39. I will punish David’s descendants because of what Solomon did, but not forever.’”

2. According to what is written, As written, Solomon was the first on the throne after David, but he failed God, and so God took the throne away from Solomon, and his line.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38am On Feb 14, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Is Jesus really God? There are many cults and false religions today that deny it. What is the truth about Jesus Christ? We turn to the Scriptures for the answer.

Is Jesus really God? There are many cults and false religions today that deny it. The Jehovah’s Witnesses, for example, believe Jesus was created by the Father billions of years ago as the Archangel Michael and is hence a "lesser god" than the Father. The Mormons say Jesus was born as the first and greatest spirit child of the Heavenly Father and heavenly mother, and was the spirit-brother of Lucifer. New Agers claim Jesus was an enlightened master. Unitarian Universalists say Jesus was just a good moral teacher. What is the truth about Jesus Christ? We turn to the Scriptures for the answer.

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/

Is Jesus really God? There are many cults and false religions today that deny it. What is the truth about Jesus Christ? We turn to the Scriptures for the answer.

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

OLAADEGBU:

John 9:4 & John 20:17, did Jesus worship 3 deities?
Pagan YOU ARE DECEIVING YOURSELF grin
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
Janosky:

John 9:4 & John 20:17, did Jesus worship 3 deities?
Pagan YOU ARE DECEIVING YOURSELF grin

At least you can console yourself that you are not a Christian, only Christians believe in the deity of Christ. cool
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
Jesus Is God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Check Out The Name Change Advertised On A Newspaper That's Got People Talking / American Pastors Pray Over Kenneth Copeland As He Visits Winners Chapel / Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.