Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,793 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Is Jesus Really God? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really God? (29622 Views)

Is Jesus Really God / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Divorce! Pls What Is Really God's Take On This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by mustymatic(m): 6:32pm On May 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

But satan also believes this and trembles.
[b]
One glaring problem the Christians have is that Jesus prayed, and had a God himself. This logically lets us conclude that Jesus cannot be God. The logical thing to do is worship and pray to the one Jesus prayed to. If Jesus told you that he had a God, would you honestly take Jesus as God? The logical answer is no, but Christians throw all logic out when it comes to their Bible.
Matthew 26:36-44

So are you going worship the one Jesus prayed to? Or are you going to worship Jesus? Logically you worship the one Jesus prayed to.

Secondly just say you were alive at Jesus’ time and you were with him, and you knew he prayed to God and so on, would you honestly believe he is God? Off course not! It gets worse as Jesus himself claims he has a God:

John 20:16-18
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Now tell me, if a man came to you and told you he has a God, would you honestly believe that man is God? No, you would not. Logic tells you if a man has a God then that man is not God, however Christians through logic at the window it seems, Christians want to worship Jesus, not the one Jesus worshiped. Christians want Jesus to be their God; they do not want Jesus’ God to be their God. What a shame.

So Jesus prays and has a God, how un-Godly is that?

God comes out of a woman? God is a helpless baby?

The very fact that Jesus was given birth, and came out as little helpless small baby is enough to refute the claim that Jesus is God. It is utter blasphemy to claim that God came out of a women like all people, it is utter blasphemy to claim God came out crying and screaming and being helpless and weak. Such is insulting to God; this itself is enough to prove Jesus is not God. How can you claim that God came out of a woman? How can you insult God in such a manner? [/b]

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2016
mustymatic:

[b]One glaring problem the Christians have is that Jesus prayed, and had a God himself. This logically lets us conclude that Jesus cannot be God.
The logical thing to do is worship and pray to the one Jesus prayed to. If Jesus told you that he had a God, would you honestly take Jesus as God? The logical answer is no, but Christians throw all logic out when it comes to their Bible.
Matthew 26:36-44

So are you going worship the one Jesus prayed to? Or are you going to worship Jesus? Logically you worship the one Jesus prayed to.

Secondly just say you were alive at Jesus’ time and you were with him, and you knew he prayed to God and so on, would you honestly believe he is God? Off course not! It gets worse as Jesus himself claims he has a God:

John 20:16-18
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Now tell me, if a man came to you and told you he has a God, would you honestly believe that man is God? No, you would not. Logic tells you if a man has a God then that man is not God, however Christians through logic at the window it seems, Christians want to worship Jesus, not the one Jesus worshiped. Christians want Jesus to be their God; they do not want Jesus’ God to be their God. What a shame.

So Jesus prays and has a God, how un-Godly is that?

God comes out of a woman? God is a helpless baby?

The very fact that Jesus was given birth, and came out as little helpless small baby is enough to refute the claim that Jesus is God. It is utter blasphemy to claim that God came out of a women like all people, it is utter blasphemy to claim God came out crying and screaming and being helpless and weak. Such is insulting to God; this itself is enough to prove Jesus is not God. How can you claim that God came out of a woman? How can you insult God in such a manner? [/b]

I realised that you sidestepped answering my penultimate post and pretend as if you did not see it, did you not. It is only cults that argue since Jesus prayed to the Father, He could not truly be God.

Again biblically speaking, it was in His humanity that Yeshua prayed to the Father. Since Yeshua came as a man -- and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer. Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by mustymatic(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I realised that you sidestepped answering my penultimate post and pretend as if you did not see it, did you not. It is only cults that argue since Jesus prayed to the Father, He could not truly be God.

Again biblically speaking, it was in His humanity that Yeshua prayed to the Father. Since Yeshua came as a man -- and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer. Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.
What you wrote up here doesn't change the fact he is not god. Explain plainly... i don't get it
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On May 25, 2016
mustymatic:

What you wrote up here doesn't change the fact he is not god. Explain plainly... i don't get it

Since Jesus (Yeshua) came to this world as a man and since it is a proper duty of man to worship, pray and to adore God, it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer in His humanity. Jesus could pray to the Father in His humanity but that does not stop Him from being God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by antigloom(m): 6:46pm On May 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Is Jesus really God? There are many cults and false religions today that deny it. What is the truth about Jesus Christ? We turn to the Scriptures for the answer.

Is Jesus really God? There are many cults and false religions today that deny it. The Jehovah’s Witnesses, for example, believe Jesus was created by the Father billions of years ago as the Archangel Michael and is hence a "lesser god" than the Father. The Mormons say Jesus was born as the first and greatest spirit child of the Heavenly Father and heavenly mother, and was the spirit-brother of Lucifer. New Agers claim Jesus was an enlightened master. Unitarian Universalists say Jesus was just a good moral teacher. What is the truth about Jesus Christ? We turn to the Scriptures for the answer.

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/

God is his spiritual name Jesus his physical name. There is God the father too whose physical name is yaweh.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus Truly Is God

There are numerous evidences for the absolute deity of Jesus Christ in the Bible. The following is a summary of the more important evidences.

Jesus Has the Names of God

Jesus Christ possesses divine names—names that can only be used of God. For example:

Jesus is Yahweh. Yahweh is a very common Hebrew name for God in the Old Testament, occurring over 5,300 times. It is translated Lord (all capitals) in many English translations of the Bible.

We first learn of this name in Exodus 3, where Moses asked God by what name He should be called. God replied to him, “I AM WHO I AM. . . .Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you’ ” (verse 14). Yahweh is basically a shortened form of “I AM WHO I AM” (verse 15). The name conveys the idea of eternal self-existence. Yahweh never came into being at a point in time for He has always existed.

Jesus implicitly ascribed this divine name to himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews. He said, “I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58). Jesus deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham—whom the Jews venerated—with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God.

Jesus is Kurios. The New Testament Greek equivalent of the Old Testament Hebrew name Yahweh is Kurios. Used of God, Kurios carries the idea of a sovereign being who exercises absolute authority. The word is translated Lord in English translations of the Bible.

THE AFFIRMATION THAT “JESUS IS LORD” (KURIOS) IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CONSTITUTES A CLEAR AFFIRMATION THAT JESUS IS YAHWEH. To an early Christian accustomed to reading the Old Testament, the word Lord, when used of Jesus, would point to His identification with the God of the Old Testament (Yahweh). Hence, the affirmation that “Jesus is Lord” (Kurios) in the New Testament constitutes a clear affirmation that Jesus is Yahweh, as is the case in passages like Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 12:3, and Philippians 2:5–11.

Jesus is Elohim. Elohim is a Hebrew name that is used of God 2,570 times in the Old Testament. The name literally means “strong one,” and its plural ending (im in Hebrew) indicates fullness of power. Elohim is portrayed in the Old Testament as the powerful and sovereign governor of the universe, ruling over the affairs of humankind.

Jesus is recognized as both Yahweh and Elohim in the prophecy in Isaiah 40:3: “Prepare the way of the Lord [Yahweh]; make straight in the desert a highway for our God [Elohim].” This verse was written in reference to John the Baptist preparing for the coming of Christ (as confirmed in John 1:23) and represents one of the strongest affirmations of Christ’s deity in the Old Testament. In Isaiah 9:6, we likewise read a prophecy of Christ with a singular variant (El) of Elohim: “And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God [El], Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

Jesus is Theos. The New Testament Greek word for God, Theos, is the corresponding parallel to the Old Testament Hebrew term Elohim. A well-known example of Christ being addressed as God (Theos) is found in the story of “doubting Thomas” in John 20. In this passage, Thomas witnesses the resurrected Christ and worshipfully responds: “My Lord and my God [Theos]” (John 20:28).

Jesus is called Theos throughout the rest of the New Testament. For example, when a jailer asked Paul and Silas how to be saved, they responded: “Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household” (Acts 16:31). After the jailer believed and became saved, he “rejoiced, having believed in God [Theos] with all his household” (verse 34). Believing in Christ and believing in God are seen as identical acts.

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/

Jesus is Lord!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Youngjho(m): 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
Come!be his friend

What to know before you can be his friend

1.Where his from

2.His worth

3.What he want from you

4.Your reward

Then who is Jesus (luke3vs22)

And the holy ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him and a voice came from heaven, which said, thou art my beloved son,in thee I am well pleased. Confirmation from his Father to us on earth

His worth(John 1vs3)

All things were made by him and without him was not anything made that was made. He is our lord and master from the beginning of the world.

Matthew 28vs18 And Jesus came and spake unto them,saying, all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth https://word2dworld..com/2019/06/comebe-his-friend.html
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Old Testament Parallels Prove Jesus Is God

A comparison of the Old and New Testaments provides powerful testimony to Jesus’s identity as God. For example, a study of the Old Testament indicates that it is only God who saves. In Isaiah 43:11, God asserts: "I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no saviour." This verse indicates that (1) a claim to be Saviour is, in itself, a claim to deity; and (2) there is only one Saviour—the Lord God. It is thus highly revealing of Christ’s divine nature that the New Testament refers to Jesus as "our great God and Saviour" (Titus 2:13).

Likewise, God asserted in Isaiah 44:24: "I am the Lord, who makes all things, who stretches out the heavens all alone, who spreads abroad the earth by Myself" (emphasis added). The fact that God alone "makes all things" (Isaiah 44:24)—and the accompanying fact that Christ is claimed to be the Creator of "all things" (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:2)—proves that Christ is truly God.

Preincarnate Appearances of Christ

Many theologians believe that appearances of the "angel of the Lord" (or, more literally, "angel of Yahweh”) in Old Testament times were preincarnate appearances of Jesus Christ. (The word preincarnate means "before becoming a human being.”) There are a number of evidences for this view:

The angel of Yahweh appeared to Moses in the burning bush and claimed to be God (Exodus 3:6).
Yet, the angel of Yahweh was sent into the world by Yahweh (Judges 13:8–9), just as Jesus was sent into the world in New Testament times by the Father (John 3:17).

The angel of Yahweh prayed to Yahweh on behalf of the people of God (Zechariah 1:12), just as Jesus prays to the Father for the people of God today (Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1–2).

It would seem that appearances of this "angel" could not be the Father or the Holy Spirit. After all, the Father is One "whom no one has seen or can see" (1 Timothy 6:16, NIV; see also John 1:18, 5:37). Moreover, the Holy Spirit cannot be physically seen (John 14:17). That leaves only Jesus.

The angel of Yahweh and Jesus engaged in amazingly similar ministries—such as delivering the enslaved (Exodus 3; Galatians 1:4; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 2 Timothy 4:18; Hebrews 2:14–15) and comforting the downcast (Genesis 16:7–13; 1 Kings 19:4–8; Matthew 14:14, 15:32–39).

These evidences suggest that appearances of the angel of Yahweh in Old Testament times were preincarnate appearances of Christ. Assuming this is correct, the word "angel" is used of Christ in these verses in accordance with its Hebrew root, which means "messenger, one who is sent, envoy." Christ, as the angel of Yahweh, was acting on behalf of the Father, just as He did in New Testament times.

Source: https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/

The Biblical Basis for the Trinity
The deity of Christ is intimately connected to the doctrine of the Trinity. This doctrine affirms that there is only one God and that in the unity of the one godhead there are three coequal and coeternal persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Let us briefly consider the evidence for this doctrine.

There Is One God
In the course of God's self-disclosure to humankind, He revealed His nature in progressive stages. First, God revealed that He is the only true God. This was a necessary starting point for God's self-revelation. Throughout history, Israel was surrounded by pagan nations deeply engulfed in the belief that there are many gods. Through the prophets, God communicated to Israel that there is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4, 32:39; Psalm 86:10; Isaiah 44:6). Even at this early juncture, however, we find preliminary indications of the Trinity (Genesis 1:26, 11:7; Isaiah 6:8, 48:16). God's oneness is also emphasized in the New Testament (Romans 3:29–30; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; 1 Thessalonians 1:9; 1 Timothy 1:17, 2:5; James 2:19; Jude 25).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The Biblical Basis for the Trinity
The deity of Christ is intimately connected to the doctrine of the Trinity. This doctrine affirms that there is only one God and that in the unity of the one godhead there are three coequal and coeternal persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Let us briefly consider the evidence for this doctrine.

There Is One God
In the course of God's self-disclosure to humankind, He revealed His nature in progressive stages. First, God revealed that He is the only true God. This was a necessary starting point for God's self-revelation. Throughout history, Israel was surrounded by pagan nations deeply engulfed in the belief that there are many gods. Through the prophets, God communicated to Israel that there is only one true God (Deuteronomy 6:4, 32:39; Psalm 86:10; Isaiah 44:6). Even at this early juncture, however, we find preliminary indications of the Trinity (Genesis 1:26, 11:7; Isaiah 6:8, 48:16). God's oneness is also emphasized in the New Testament (Romans 3:29–30; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; 1 Thessalonians 1:9; 1 Timothy 1:17, 2:5; James 2:19; Jude 25).

The Father Is God
As history unfolded, God progressively revealed more about Himself. It eventually became clear that while there is only one God, there are three distinct persons within the one Godhead, each individually recognized as God (Matthew 28:19).

The Father, for example, is explicitly called God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; Galatians 1:1; 1 Peter 1:2). He is also portrayed as having all the attributes of deity—such as being everywhere-present (Matthew 19:26), all-knowing (Romans 11:33), all-powerful (1 Peter 1:5), holy (Revelation 15:4), and eternal (Psalm 90:2).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The Father Is God
As history unfolded, God progressively revealed more about Himself. It eventually became clear that while there is only one God, there are three distinct persons within the one Godhead, each individually recognized as God (Matthew 28:19).

The Father, for example, is explicitly called God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; Galatians 1:1; 1 Peter 1:2). He is also portrayed as having all the attributes of deity—such as being everywhere-present (Matthew 19:26), all-knowing (Romans 11:33), all-powerful (1 Peter 1:5), holy (Revelation 15:4), and eternal (Psalm 90:2).

The Son Is God

Jesus is also explicitly called "God" in Scripture (Titus 2:13; Hebrews 1:8). And He, too, has all the attributes of deity—including being everywhere-present (Matthew 28:20), all-knowing (Matthew 9:4), all-powerful (Matthew 28:18), holy (Acts 3:14), and eternal (Revelation 1:8, 17).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by sonmvayina(m): 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
The test for any scripture is the laws of God, if any thing contradicts the laws of God then it is paganism...

If God laws says "thou shall not kill"... Then don't.. God will not turn round or go against his word to accept a human sacrifice.... Killing of a man(or woman) needlessly is forbidden.
If God laws says" thou shall not commit adultery".. God will NEVER impregnate another man's wife.

If God says " do not make the image or likeness of anything in heaven or on earth or under the waters below the earth.. Do not bow down to them or serve them".. And you are worshipping the likeness of a man (something found on earth) as God or God son..

Then think twice, Christianity has got nothing to do with God.. It is just rebranded paganism.. They only added their scriptures at the end of Malachi as an insult against God...

So if you believe any of these, note that you are a rebel against God.. And have no inheritance in God...
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The Son Is God

Jesus is also explicitly called "God" in Scripture (Titus 2:13; Hebrews 1:8). And He, too, has all the attributes of deity—including being everywhere-present (Matthew 28:20), all-knowing (Matthew 9:4), all-powerful (Matthew 28:18), holy (Acts 3:14), and eternal (Revelation 1:8, 17).

The Holy Spirit Is God

The Holy Spirit is also recognised as God (Acts 5:3–4). He, too, possesses the attributes of deity, including being everywhere-present (Psalm 139:7–9), all-knowing (1 Corinthians 2:10–11), all-powerful (Romans 15:19), holy (John 16:7–14), and eternal (Hebrews 9:14).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The Holy Spirit Is God

The Holy Spirit is also recognised as God (Acts 5:3–4). He, too, possesses the attributes of deity, including being everywhere-present (Psalm 139:7–9), all-knowing (1 Corinthians 2:10–11), all-powerful (Romans 15:19), holy (John 16:7–14), and eternal (Hebrews 9:14).

Three-in-Oneness in the Godhead

Scripture also indicates there is three-in-oneness in the godhead. In Matthew 28:19, the resurrected Jesus instructed the disciples, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19). The word name is singular in the Greek, thereby indicating God's oneness. However, the definite articles in front of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (in the original Greek) indicate they are distinct personalities, even though there is just one God.

These distinct personalities relate to each other. The Father and Son, for example, know each other (Matthew 11:27), love each other (John 3:35), and speak to each other (John 11:41–42). The Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus at His baptism (Luke 3:22), is called another comforter (John 14:16), was sent by the Father and Jesus (John 15:26), and seeks to glorify Jesus (John 16:13–14).

Read More Here
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Three-in-Oneness in the Godhead

Scripture also indicates there is three-in-oneness in the godhead. In Matthew 28:19, the resurrected Jesus instructed the disciples, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19). The word name is singular in the Greek, thereby indicating God's oneness. However, the definite articles in front of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (in the original Greek) indicate they are distinct personalities, even though there is just one God.

These distinct personalities relate to each other. The Father and Son, for example, know each other (Matthew 11:27), love each other (John 3:35), and speak to each other (John 11:41–42). The Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus at His baptism (Luke 3:22), is called another comforter (John 14:16), was sent by the Father and Jesus (John 15:26), and seeks to glorify Jesus (John 16:13–14).

Read More Here

An Analogy

A helpful analogy of the Trinity is that God is like a triangle that is one figure yet has three different sides (or corners) at the same time. So there is a simultaneous threeness and oneness. Of course, no analogy is perfect since in every analogy there is a similarity and a difference. For example, water can exist simultaneously in three different states as ice, water, and steam; that is, as a solid, liquid, and a gas at pressure of 4 Torr and temperature of 273K. One substance but three totally different personalities.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 3:35am On Aug 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

An Analogy

A helpful analogy of the Trinity is that God is like a triangle that is one figure yet has three different sides (or corners) at the same time. So there is a simultaneous threeness and oneness. Of course, no analogy is perfect since in every analogy there is a similarity and a difference. For example, water can exist simultaneously in three different states as ice, water, and steam; that is, as a solid, liquid, and a gas at pressure of 4 Torr and temperature of 273K. One substance but three totally different personalities.

Fake analogy .Sophistry.
Revelation 3:12 (KJV ) reset your mumu analogue analogy.
Kumuyi worshipper pretending to follow Jesus.
You will lie against Rev3:12,as usual.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2019
Janosky:

Fake analogy .Sophistry.
Revelation 3:12 (KJV ) reset your mumu analogue analogy.
Kumuyi worshipper pretending to follow Jesus.
You will lie against Rev3:12,as usual.

Answering Objections

Cults and false religions often raise objections against both the deity of Christ and the doctrine of the Trinity. In what follows, key objections will be briefly summarised and answered.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Answering Objections

Cults and false religions often raise objections against both the deity of Christ and the doctrine of the Trinity. In what follows, key objections will be briefly summarised and answered.

1. Jesus Is the Son of God

Some claim that because Jesus is the Son of God, He must be a lesser God than God the Father.

Among the ancients, however, an important meaning of Son of is "one who has the same nature as." Jesus, as the Son of God, has the very nature of God (John 5:18, 10:30, 19:7). He is thus not a lesser God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Answering Objections

2. The Father Is "Greater" Than Jesus

Some cults argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God.

Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philippians 2:6–11).

Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Ken4Christ: 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
I think it's more important you take the issue of your salvation more serious. You can argue about the diety of Jesus from now till eternity and it won't get you closer to God. Are you born again? Are you living right? Are you doing his will? Are you ready for his coming? Do you believe in the Afterlife. If you are not born again, you are lost and will burn in the Lake of fire forever. Even if you claim to be born again and you are not living right, you will end up in the pit of hell.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 12:41am On Sep 01, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

2. The Father Is "Greater" Than Jesus

Some cults argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philippians 2:6–11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.
LIE na your conjoined twin.
Matt 19:5,6 husband and wife are one.

@ 1 Cor11:3 PROOF you're twisting John10:30...

JESUS KNOCK OUT TRINITY..

**** Revelation 3:5,12 in the spiritual realm is a copy of John14:28, & 20:17 in the physical realm.

Pharisee dey worship Kumuyi ,use Jesus cover him face.
Jesus SPOIL your market FOREVER.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04am On Sep 01, 2019
Ken4Christ:

I think it's more important you take the issue of your salvation more serious. You can argue about the diety of Jesus from now till eternity and it won't get you closer to God. Are you born again? Are you living right? Are you doing his will? Are you ready for his coming? Do you believe in the Afterlife. If you are not born again, you are lost and will burn in the Lake of fire forever. Even if you claim to be born again and you are not living right, you will end up in the pit of hell.

"And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me" Matthew 11:6

Do you object to any of my posts here on the religion section? Blessed is he who shall not be offended in me. smiley
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On Sep 01, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Answering Objections

3. Jesus Is the Firstborn

Some cults argue that because Jesus is the "firstborn of creation" (Colossians 1:15), He is a created being and hence cannot be truly God.

Biblically, however, Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colossians 1:16; John 1:3). The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "first in rank" and "preeminent" over the creation He brought into being.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by orunto27: 9:28am On Sep 01, 2019
Yes. By The Power of The Holy Spirit.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

3. Jesus Is the Firstborn

Some cults argue that because Jesus is the "firstborn of creation" (Colossians 1:15), He is a created being and hence cannot be truly God. Biblically, however, Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colossians 1:16; John 1:3). The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "first in rank" and "preeminent" over the creation He brought into being.
Lie lie Pharisee Olaadegbu conjoined twin of FALSEHOOD.
Colossians 1:16,Did Jesus create his Father?

Bible > Strong's > Greek > 4416
◄ 4416. prototokos

Strong's Concordance
prototokos: first-born
Original Word: πρωτότοκος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: prototokos
Phonetic Spelling: (pro-tot-ok'-os)
Definition: first-born
Usage: first-born, eldest.

You claim he is the 2nd person of the Trinity.

"First in rank", Or "first in which rank?

In the beginning of your procreative powers, who is the preeminent?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2019
https://biblehub.com/greek/2937.htm

◄ 2937. ktisis ►
Strong's Concordance
ktisis: creation (the act or the product)
Original Word: κτίσις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: ktisis
Phonetic Spelling: (ktis'-is)
Definition: creation (the act or the product)
Usage: (often of the founding of a city), (a) abstr: creation, (b) concr: creation, creature, institution; always of Divine work, (c) an institution, ordinance.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 2937 ktísis – properly, creation (creature) which is founded from nothing (this is also the sense of this term from Homer on); creation out of nothing

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from ktizó
Definition
creation (the act or the product)
NASB Translation
created thing (1), creation (14), creature (

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 2937: κτίσις

κτίσις, κτίσεως, ἡ (κτίζω), in Greek writings the act of founding, establishing, building, etc.; in the N. T. (Vulg. everywherecreatura (yet Hebrews 9:11creatio))
1. the act of creating, creation: τοῦ κόσμου, Romans 1:20.

2. equivalent to κτίσμα, creation i. e. thing created (cf. Winers Grammar, 32); used a. of individual things and beings, a creature, a creation: Romans 1:25; Hebrews 4:13; any created thing, Romans 8:39

b. collectively, the sum or aggregate of created things: Revelation 3:14

◄ Revelation 3:14
King James Version
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God"

Compare Mark 10:6.
King James Bible
"But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female."

Point of emphasis :
"the beginning of the creation " of God in both Rev3:14 and Mark10:6 mean the same thing, 100%.
In Revelation 3:14 it is applied to Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:15.
King James Bible
"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature"

OLAADEGBU Falsehood fall yakata....
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Answering Objections

4. Jesus Is Not All-Knowing

Some cults argue that because Jesus said no one knows the day or hour of His return except the Father (Mark 13:32), Jesus must not be all-knowing, and hence He must not be truly God.

In response, Jesus in the Gospels sometimes spoke from the perspective of His divinity and at other times from the perspective of His humanity. In Mark 13:32, Jesus was speaking from the limited perspective of His humanity (see Philippians 2:5–11). Had he been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour. Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4–6; John 2:25, 16:30, 21:17).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Ken4Christ: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me" Matthew 11:6

Do you object to any of my posts here on the religion section? Blessed I s he who shall not be offended in me. smiley

Certainly not. You posts on Nairaland are very good and informative. Just talking to those who love to argue on issues like this and they are not even born again. Jesus is Lord and he is God. The Bible is very clear on it. He himself is subject to his Father but does not make him a lesser God in the same way your boss is not more human because he is your boss.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Certainly not. You posts on Nairaland are very good and informative. Just talking to those who love to argue on issues like this and they are not even born again. Jesus is Lord and he is God. The Bible is very clear on it. He himself is subject to his Father but does not make him a lesser God in the same way your boss is not more human because he is your boss.

That is quite right, my brother. I have now learnt how to first of all engage them on their relationship with Christ when the topics are on scriptural issues instead of me putting the cart before the horse. I have always found your post clear and inspiring. Thanks once again for your contribution and remain blessed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Jesus is Lord and he is God. The Bible is very clear on it. He himself is subject to his Father but does not make him a lesser God in the same way your boss is not more human because he is your boss.

John17:3, who is the ONLY TRUE GOD?
Does Jesus Christ have a God?
Who is the God of his Father?

OLAADEGBU:

[b]3. Jesus Is the Firstborn
The term firstborn, defined biblically,
means Christ is "first in rank"

"Christ is first in rank" of what?
" 'Christ is "first in rank', who is his God?

If your claims are true, you won't be doing USAIN BOLT on these fundamental questions begging for answers..
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
Janosky:

John17:3, who is the ONLY TRUE GOD?
Does Jesus Christ have a God?
Who is the God of his Father?

"Christ is first in rank" of what?
" 'Christ is "first in rank', who is his God?

If your claims are true, you won't be doing USAIN BOLT on these fundamental questions begging for answers..

I will only respond to your objections when your authority shifts from the words of sinful, fallible men to the infallible word of God. cool
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Janosky: 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I will only respond to your objections when your authority shifts from the words of sinful, fallible men to the infallible word of God. cool

OLAADEGBU LYING Pharisee, who spoke the words of John17:3 , from which the questions were based ?

OLAADEGBU conjoined with FALSEHOOD.

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
Janosky:

OLAADEGBU LYING Pharisee, who spoke the words of John17:3 , from which the questions were based ?

OLAADEGBU conjoined with FALSEHOOD.

Your authority is the Watchtower magazine and until you make the Bible as your final authority you will continue to argue until the cow comes home and when you do so you will then realise that the Jesus of the Bible is quite different from the Jesus portrayed in the Watchtower magazine. You need the real Jesus of the Bible in your life because He is the light of the Light of the world and when He shines His light into your heart the darkness will not be able to comprehend it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Check Out The Name Change Advertised On A Newspaper That's Got People Talking / American Pastors Pray Over Kenneth Copeland As He Visits Winners Chapel / Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.