Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Is Jesus Really God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really God? (29623 Views)

Is Jesus Really God / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Divorce! Pls What Is Really God's Take On This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Freksy:

Is Prexeam a Bible translation from which Tertullian quoted? Was Tertullian a bible translator? Your misconceptions are: 1. You think I am talking about the origin of trinity. 2. You think Prexeam is a Bible translation from which Tertullian quoted. You may even think Tertullian was a bible's translator.

Teachings about trinity existed long before over-zealous Trinitarian translators twisted the scripture to accommodate it. It first happened in the 4th the century. You can only refute this by presenting bible translation dated back to 3rd century that agrees with KJV rendering of 1John 5:7.

You are the one telling me stories and fail to address a point in my post.

You have missed the point! That men wrote religious books on trinity, and preached same in their synagogues, is no proof that trinity had any place in the scripture then. I have told you when the scripture was first stretched to accommodate it. Debunk that with a chapter and verse(s) from translation dated back to the 3rd century. Stop advancing this inherited heresy!

But you in 2014 talk of Tertullian of (160-225)

Lol…but I did that with fitting scriptures.

Hebrews 1:8 quotes from Psalm 45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Obviously, the Bible writer of this psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God. Rather, Psalm 45:6, in RS, reads “Your divine throne.” (NE says, “Your throne is like God’s throne.” JP [verse 7]: “Thy throne given of God.”) Solomon, who was possibly the king originally addressed in Psalm 45, was said to sit “upon God’s throne.” 1 Chron. 29:23.

‘Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre’. - Ps 45:6 KJV Was solomon the almighty God?

‘But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.– Heb. KJV

Nevertheless, there is good evidence that the proper translation of Heb. 1:8 (as well as Ps. 45:6) should be “your throne is God forever” or “God is your throne forever.”
‘but as to the Son “God is your throne forever and ever, and the scepter of integrity is the scepter of his reign’ Heb 1:8 Byington

No one should deny that the title theos (NT Greek word meaning “God,” “god,” “mighty one,” “divine,” etc.) can be applied to Jesus, just as it was applied in the scriptures to angels, judges of Israel, Moses, and (according to some trinitarian authorities) even the kings of Israel.

But theos is never applied to Jesus with the most high sense that is given only to the Almighty, Most High, only true God.

Oga (adv. Praxeam 25) is not a bible translation, it is a book containing the writings of the great Church father tertullian who was live with disciples of John, in that book he denounced heresies like the one are propagating now, in that book he quoted scripture and it was what we have now as 1 Jn 5:7. there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And these three are one. It was not yet 4th century according to you, how come he was quoting it?

The church in the early days didn't tolerate contrary teachings, they hold councils and declare anathema on those who hold contrary belief Gal 1:8. So the issue of people having various teachings don't count, false teachings were trashed in the council like in Jerusalem (Acts15), Nicea (325AD), ephesus (430AD), etc. This one you are propagating was trashed in 325 AD, but no you won't agree in 2014, because Russel and his watch tower society gathered in a room in 1870 to formulate things.

Through out History, even till now, 1Jn 5:7 has read in the scriptures thus : there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And these three are one, the martyrs on whose blood was sown the seed of Christianity read it thus, great men and women of God, and God was with them in signs and wonders as He promised, lived Holy lives while reading it thus, doesn't it bother you that at the end times you start to propagate something different?

Anyway Jesus is God. even in revelation he made it clear, all over scripture evidence abound.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Freksy(m): 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
Syncan:

Hahahahaha, lies lies lies everywhere.

Now You say that Psalm 45:6 written by David, is talking about solomon, Lol, try again. Hahaha, "God called solomon God", Lol, where did you get solomon from? I go die oooo. So in vs 16, the children of which of solomon's wife are prince in all the earth, Lol. It's well my brother.

That simply shows you the folly of erroneous translation. Can you now see trinity is a thing to be laughed at? In that same post I showed you a couple of translations that rendered Heb 1:7 and Pam 45:6 the way they should, behold, you've turned your blind eyes to them as usual.

As if God knew they will make this attempt, He cleared all doubt to what was happening, when He revealed in

Heb 1:1 :God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets....But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Here we get the true picture of the prophetic revelations of Ps45. It was not about any earthly king, certainly not solomon, it was about God, the father and his son Jesus. And God, the father, called his son Jesus, God.

Keep recycling. It's obvious you don't have anything meaningful to say. Go to my previous posts and address accordingly, for this trash has been thoroughly debunked.

Hahaha, now the equality of Jesus with God is because Jesus is Spirit. Therefore angels are equal to God, even man, when he sheds this flesh is equal to God...chai I de greet o. Lies everywhere, angels are also spirits, yet only man was made in the image and likeness of God..

In what form is God? In what form are angels? I know you won't answer any of these for fear your ignorance will be exposed.

I go die for laugh here, now the Jews wanted to kill Jesus because he said he was older than Abraham, which offence is that? Did Abraham not have a father, were noah, enoch and co not before him? Take a visit to John5:18, and see that the Jews were without a doubt about what Jesus was claiming. "Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, [size=16pt]but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. [/size]That's abomination, not claiming to be older than Abraham. After all when he claimed that Abraham saw his days and rejoiced (Jn8:56), they were still arguing with him..."You are not yet fifty, they said...." But immediately he went ahead to use the word "I am", they took up stones, Jn8:58. Abeg go read your bible, stop deceiving people.

Jesus is God.

You can't even explain a single scripture correctly. You are my father means, I am equal to you. Thank you sir, for this revealed truth.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Freksy(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Syncan:

Oga (adv. Praxeam 25) is not a bible translation, it is a book containing the writings of the great Church father tertullian who was live with disciples of John, in that book he denounced heresies like the one are propagating now, in that book he quoted scripture and it was what we have now as 1 Jn 5:7. there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And these three are one. It was not yet 4th century according to you, how come he was quoting it?

The church in the early days didn't tolerate contrary teachings, they hold councils and declare anathema on those who hold contrary belief Gal 1:8. So the issue of people having various teachings don't count, false teachings were trashed in the council like in Jerusalem (Acts15), Nicea (325AD), ephesus (430AD), etc. This one you are propagating was trashed in 325 AD, but no you won't agree in 2014, because Russel and his watch tower society gathered in a room in 1870 to formulate things.

Through out History, even till now, 1Jn 5:7 has read in the scriptures thus : there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And these three are one, the martyrs on whose blood was sown the seed of Christianity read it thus, great men and women of God, and God was with them in signs and wonders as He promised, lived Holy lives while reading it thus, doesn't it bother you that at the end times you start to propagate something different?

Anyway Jesus is God. even in revelation he made it clear, all over scripture evidence abound.

With your failure to present a translation that dates back to the 3rd century with the same rendering found at 1John 5:7 in KJV, I am hereby vindicated as the truth bearer.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ALMIGHTY GOD, THE FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST. JESUS WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF THE ALMIGHTY.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
Syncan:

The problem with you is that you do not listen, or you are too stuffed by adulterated teaching, or you don't have the capacity to understand.

Just take a look at John 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same(word) was in the beginning with God. All things were made by (the word)him; and without him (word) was not any thing made that was made.

Jn1:3 All things were made by (the word)him; and without him (word) was not any thing made that was made.

Genesis 1:1: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Ask yourself : Is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the one without whom nothing was made?

1Jn5:7 There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. And these three are one
Knockout to the prophets of Baal ...... Jehovah the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is the Only True God and our lord Jesus Christ His Is Servant

" (JEHOVAH)The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his servant, Jesus" ACT 3:13
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
zyzxx:
cheesy u are making sense sir,
1. I explained trinity wit what we can see because some people find it hard to understand is spiritually.
2. I don't get what u are trying to say very well, or do u mean I should explain trinity using myself as an example? If so let me do dat.
human beign are consist of three identities
Body, spirit, and soul.
the soul reside in both d body and spirit ( same soul in our body, is d same soul in our spirit wen we dream.
Spiritually, d herberlist av the power to hurt d 3's by just invoke one, maybe d spirit. And it will affect d 3 because they are inseparable.
I think I will stop here sir.

U better stop there , cus u re confusing urself .
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
CANTICLES:
Knockout to the prophets of Baal ...... Jehovah the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is the Only True God and our lord Jesus Christ His Is Servant

" (JEHOVAH)The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his servant, Jesus" ACT 3:13

They have been and still trying to bring pagan beliefs and worship into the scriptures. But the scripture will keep refuting those beliefs and honest hearted ones will keep on seing there folly. Imagine, he says he is laughing at a very serious life and death matter. Does he not know that having knowledge of the true God and the one he sent means evalasting life?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
dolphinheart:

Sir, I did not discard any quote, rather it is u that has refused to directly answer bible based questions on ur trinity. You have not answered the questions asked.
I did not throw away titus 2:13, I told u that said that jesus is a god , that he is even to be called mighty god . Therfore it is not me that manufactured god for Jesus(wateva u mean by the statement) but the bible did.
Though the issue of jesus being a god is not what I'm discussing with you, u brought that up.
I did not throw away John 1:1-3 and heb 1:8.
Those verses have been explained and discussed with you by others who are also seeking the truth. They have explained it to you, me and others reading in on this thread in ways that I believe is even better than I can explain it. Or do you want me to re quote them on my post for u to understand them?
The word/ phrase "I am " has also been explained to you, do u want me to re quote that one too.
You are the one refusing to answer the following questions

1.) The bible did not reveal that jesus is same as the father, if I'm wrong ,give us where the bible stated that jesus is jehovah/yaweh or father.
2. The bible reveals to us that we must worship the one and only true God, it reveals his name as jehovah/yaweh .
Give us where the bible states that jesus is an only true God.
3. Give us where jesus is called almighty God.
4 . When God was giving judgement to Satan and he mention that the womans seed will crush the serpent, are u saying that this seed was jehovah/yaweh /father.
5 when god was telling moses that he will send another prophet like moses to the people of isreal, that he will come from among the isrealites. This prophet eventually became jesus, are u saying that God planned to send himself?

bros, believe me, you are the one putting "god" in those places. The scripture does not call any "god" mighty. Only God is Mighty used for all other "gods" are created. Na you de use "gods" where scripture obviously put God.

Except you chose to believe lies then you can call the mess they've written all over here as explanation of Heb1:8, someone said ps45:6 was talking about solomon, shebi na them be the explanation, go and read that Ps45:1-17 yourself in a bible, then heb1:1-8, then tell me it was talking about solomon.

Who explained "I am"? What i saw is a lame lie to avoid open fact. Go to the gospel of John chapter 8 yourself and notice at what point the Jews picked up stone.

To your questions Oga.

1.) The bible did not reveal that jesus is same as the father, if I'm wrong ,give us where the bible stated that jesus is jehovah/yaweh or father. Scripture never said that Jesus is the father, Scripture says that Jesus is the son of the father in eternity, scripture also says that Jesus is God, just as the father is God, just as the Holy Spirit is God. I have told you before, Yawheh does not mean father.

2. The bible reveals to us that we must worship the one and only true God, it reveals his name as jehovah/yaweh .
Give us where the bible states that jesus is an only true God. It is the Only true God that can forgive sins, Jesus forgives sins by his own authority (see Is. 43:25; Mark 2:5-9). Jesus calls himself "the Lord of the Sabbath" in Mark 2:28. The Sabbath is referred to as the "Sabbath of Yahweh" in the Old Testament (cf. Ex. 20:10)

3. Give us where jesus is called almighty God. Whatever word that was used to represent this almighty of yours was used for Jesus in Heb 1:8 and as well in "And the Lord God (Gk. ho kurios ho theos, the Lord the God) of the spirits of the prophets sent his angel to show his servants the things which must be done shortly" (Rev. 22:6). Who is the Lord God who sent "his angel" in this verse? Some attempt to say this text is referring to the Father rather than Jesus. However, Revelation 22:16, just 10 verses later, reveals to us who "the Lord God" is who has "sent his angel:" " I Jesus have sent my angel, to testify to you these things in the churches." Jesus is clearly "the Lord God of the spirits of the prophets!"

4 . When God was giving judgement to Satan and he mention that the womans seed will crush the serpent, are u saying that this seed was jehovah/yaweh /father. Jn1:1-14 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us", Please note that each time you put "a god" there, you say that there is a god without beginning, a "god" that was there already in the beginning, yet we know that the only being without beginning is the one true God.

Also ponder this while you're at it, it's scripture, no be talk am.
Is 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".

5 when god was telling moses that he will send another prophet like moses to the people of isreal, that he will come from among the isrealites. This prophet eventually became jesus, are u saying that God planned to send himself? Again I shall refer you to Jn1:1-14 and Jn3:16, God sent his only begotten son, who is God, to live among men. Stop bothering yourself how that is possible, to be son and God at same time, to be son and yet without beginning, for you do not know the process of the "begotten" between father and son.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Syncan:

bros, believe me, you are the one putting "god" in those places. The scripture does not call any "god" mighty. Only God is Mighty used for all other "gods" are created. Na you de use "gods" where scripture obviously put God.

Except you chose to believe lies then you can call the mess they've written all over here as explanation of Heb1:8, someone said ps45:6 was talking about solomon, shebi na them be the explanation, go and read that Ps45:1-17 yourself in a bible, then heb1:1-8, then tell me it was talking about solomon.

Who explained "I am"? What i saw is a lame lie to avoid open fact. Go to the gospel of John chapter 8 yourself and notice at what point the Jews picked up stone.

To your questions Oga.

1.) The bible did not reveal that jesus is same as the father, if I'm wrong ,give us where the bible stated that jesus is jehovah/yaweh or father. Scripture never said that Jesus is the father, Scripture says that Jesus is the son of the father in eternity, scripture also says that Jesus is God, just as the father is God, just as the Holy Spirit is God. I have told you before, Yawheh does not mean father.

Give us where the bible states that jesus is an only true God. It is the Only true God that can forgive sins, Jesus forgives sins by his own authority (see Is. 43:25; Mark 2:5-9). Jesus calls himself "the Lord of the Sabbath" in Mark 2:28. The Sabbath is referred to as the "Sabbath of Yahweh" in the Old Testament (cf. Ex. 20:10)

3. Give us where jesus is called almighty God. Whatever word that was used to represent this almighty of yours was used for Jesus in Heb 1:8 and as well in "And the Lord God (Gk. ho kurios ho theos, the Lord the God) of the spirits of the prophets sent his angel to show his servants the things which must be done shortly" (Rev. 22:6). Who is the Lord God who sent "his angel" in this verse? Some attempt to say this text is referring to the Father rather than Jesus. However, Revelation 22:16, just 10 verses later, reveals to us who "the Lord God" is who has "sent his angel:" " I Jesus have sent my angel, to testify to you these things in the churches." Jesus is clearly "the Lord God of the spirits of the prophets!"

4 . When God was giving judgement to Satan and he mention that the womans seed will crush the serpent, are u saying that this seed was jehovah/yaweh /father. Jn1:1-14 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us", Please note that each time you put "a god" there, you say that there is a god without beginning, a "god" that was there already in the beginning, yet we know that the only being without beginning is the one true God.

Also ponder this while you're at it, it's scripture, no be talk am.
Is 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".

5 when god was telling moses that he will send another prophet like moses to the people of isreal, that he will come from among the isrealites. This prophet eventually became jesus, are u saying that God planned to send himself? Again I shall refer you to Jn1:1-14 and Jn3:16, God sent his only begotten son, who is God, to live among men. Stop bothering yourself how that is possible, to be son and God at same time, to be son and yet without beginning, for you do not know the process of the "begotten" between father and son.

Before I reply, please I would like 2 know ur own concept of trinity, what u mean by jesus is God and holy spirit is God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Freksy:

That simply shows you the folly of erroneous translation. Can you now see trinity is a thing to be laughed at? In that same post I showed you a couple of translations that rendered Heb 1:7 and Pam 45:6 the way they should, behold, you've turned your blind eyes to them as usual.

Keep recycling. It's obvious you don't have anything meaningful to say. Go to my previous posts and address accordingly, for this trash has been thoroughly debunked.

In what form is God? In what form are angels? I know you won't answer any of these for fear your ignorance will be exposed.

You can't even explain a single scripture correctly. You are my father means, I am equal to you. Thank you sir, for this revealed truth.

What is funny and hilarious is your claim that Ps 45 written by David, was talking of solomon, a king that ended up allowing Idolatory into Israel with numerous wives...Lol, the length you people can go, smh.

The form(nature) of God is God. The form(nature) of Angels is spirit. Creation all exhibit one or more characteristics of God.

Shebi you lied that God doesn't use "I am" for himself, in order to avoid the obvious in Jn 8:58, Lets go to Exodus na and see

EXODUS 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Somebody's ignorance is being exposed indeed Lol.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
Freksy:

With your failure to present a translation that dates back to the 3rd century with the same rendering found at 1John 5:7 in KJV, I am hereby vindicated as the truth bearer.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ALMIGHTY GOD, THE FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST. JESUS WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF THE ALMIGHTY.

Hahahahaha, Jn 1:1 I In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. God . God affirmed to the fact that his only begotten son is God, when He said to His son "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:..."

Jesus the only begotten son of God is God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
CANTICLES:

I see you lack what else to say. See Phil2:5-9 ...Christ Jesus "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant...., Shebi you see how the servant came about? Out of humility says St. Paul.

Jesus my Lord and my God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 11:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
dolphinheart:

Before I reply, please I would like 2 know ur own concept of trinity, what u mean by jesus is God and holy spirit is God.

The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God. In this Trinity of Persons, the Son is begotten of the Father by an eternal generation, and the Holy Spirit proceeds by an eternal procession from the Father and the Son. Yet, notwithstanding this difference as to origin, the Persons are co-eternal and co-equal: all alike are uncreated and omnipotent.

"go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:18).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by haffaze777(m): 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
waow confession in christaindom,it can't get better can did.....watching in my HD
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CAPTIVATOR: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2014
Syncan:

I see you lack what else to say. See Phil2:5-9 ...Christ Jesus "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant...., Shebi you see how the servant came about? Out of humility says St. Paul.

Jesus my Lord and my God.
I can see u dont understand what u are sayin at all ..... Funny enough, the scripture u just quoted to refute d scripture quoted by canticles said " Jesus thought it as robbery to be equal with God" !!! Wich means Jesus neva think about equating with God ....... GBAM!

Trinitarians Are Cowards who search d scripture to defend a bliv founded by the church and not the Bible ! Dats why am asking u to explain 1cor 15:24-28 verse by verse for this thread !!!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CAPTIVATOR: 6:32am On Nov 29, 2014
Syncan:

The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods
DEBUNKED " For us there is one God, The Father" 1cor 8:5,6 ! How many God ? One !! Whom is dat God composed of ? The scripture says " Only The Father" ! " Only The Father"

U ar defendin a bliv founded by the church and not the Bible .... " Jehovah" is the only true God john 17:3!

Trinitarians are cowards who search d scripture for selfish ambition, ....... So explain 1 cor 15:24-28 verse by verse for this thread !!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 7:13am On Nov 29, 2014
dolphinheart:

They have been and still trying to bring pagan beliefs and worship into the scriptures. But the scripture will keep refuting those beliefs and honest hearted ones will keep on seing there folly. Imagine, he says he is laughing at a very serious life and death matter. Does he not know that having knowledge of the true God and the one he sent means evalasting life?
Bro , they smell exactly as pagans ..... Who owns immortal soul ? Greek Pagans ! Who owns 3 in one god ? Pagans ! They dont know the true God and they dont care to know !!! They replace the divine name with " LORD" ! A title used by lawyers in addressin judges

When they say God ! They dont know whom they are callin, mayb it is God or Jesus or both ...... Infact I still ask dem what happen to the father and holyspirit when d son dies for three days ? They all died aftrall dey are one , or ar dey not one again? Bro, u can see the whole absurdity !

I came to realize that when u dont know the true God , ur prayer is meaningles ..... Notice their prayers wich is full of contradictions and repetition !!! .......

No wonder they all went to pray for a prosperous new year on december 31,2011 , only to enter a 2012 started with subsidy removal and 3 month strike .......... They went back again for this repetitive prayer in their various churches on december 31,2012 , what happen in 2013? An ASUU STRIKE that send all students home !!! .......... They went back again on december 31,2013 in their various churches as if its a ritual , this contradicting prayer , what happen in 2014 ? Strong one : EBOLA ! Bro, without knowing the true God JEHOVAH, and recognizing our lord Jesus as d one he sents ! Christendom is doomed
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by zyzxx(m): 7:14am On Nov 29, 2014
Syncan:

It's ok, the first and foremost is let them "believe in what is revealed", then understanding will come, for what has been revealed may sound to some as foolishenss 1cor.1:22-23.

No I didn't require you to illustrate using yourself, just wanted you to replace the teller with yourself, form an idea about who you are. Let's say you are a great artist told to paint yourself, first you have to form an idea about how you look, this is what you put down on canvass, the more closer your opinion of you is to the real you, the more perfect the picture of you is. Now that perfect picture of you, which you've painted, was first of all formed in your mind. What if in that your mind, you start adding all the qualities and characters that make up who you are, you'll form a perfect you in your mind,and in your mind you exclaim (word) "zyzxx".

That idea of you(zyzxx) which you've called (word) zyzxx, is with you (zyzxx) from the time you thought about it(probably from when you started reasoning). I can safely say then that "at his age of reasoning was his Idea of himself,that Idea of himself was with him. If it is an Idea of yourself, then you must call (word) it in your mind zyzxx. Then I can as well say of you, "At the age of reasoning, was the word(spoken in his mind), the word was with him (from his age of reasoning), ...now what is the word..., the word was zyzxx

Imagine if you are like God whose own Idea of himself had no beginning. In the beginning was the word, the word was with God,...now what was the word God called the idea of himself...the word was God. Jn1:1, Heb 1:8.

Just like one characteristic of your word is sound, even when you don't speak out, words in you can make huge noise within you, a characteristics of God's word is Life, so even when it is not spoken, it is alive within God. When It comes out, it gives life...eg creation genesis. So unlike your own Idea, God's own Idea(in this case a realization, because it is exact) of himself was alive...from the very beginning.

When Ideas are made visible, they are called the brain-child of the source person, not so? Because you have a body with parts, so the intellect...housed in the brain... is made specific, as the part of you that gave birth to the Idea. What if you don't have a body? What if you are only intellect? Aha you see. Will it still be brain-child ? No, it will be just child, sometimes you hear people saying, "this idea of mine was a child of circumstance". It means "I gave birth to this idea due to circumstances surrounding me at the time". So using this and using the language of scripture (masculine), Same realization of Himself, which He had called himself (God), can in terms of distinguishing him from the source, be called "Son of (the Source)God". This is seen in so many places in scripture.

If that You can put that Idea of your self into a robot (the word took flesh), it will be another you, but this time in another form...the robotic form...If your idea of you is perfect, then it is exactly who you are, then nothing that you in the robot does, will be different from what you (source) wills to be done. (I and the father are one....if you see me you have seen the father)

Hahahaha bros, Na just chat I de chat wih you sha. Trinity no be moi moi, but God has revealed, it is true.

more wisdom and knowledge to u sir. amen.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 7:17am On Nov 29, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
I can see u dont understand what u are sayin at all ..... Funny enough, the scripture u just quoted to refute d scripture quoted by canticles said " Jesus thought it as robbery to be equal with God" !!! Wich means Jesus neva think about equating with God ....... GBAM!

Trinitarians Are Cowards who search d scripture to defend a bliv founded by the church and not the Bible ! Dats why am asking u to explain 1cor 15:24-28 verse by verse for this thread !!!

Phil2:5-9 . Christ Jesus "Who, being in the form of God,thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Liars! Tell me where the bold is written? i have also colored something here for you, which you've omitted in order to deceive. Smh. Jesus thought it as robbery my foot, go and change it in your new edition.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by zyzxx(m): 7:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Freksy:

Your usage of the auxiliary verb, ‘are’ signifies plurality, TRUE or FALSE?
We can only talk of ‘the first one’ when something is more than one, TRUE or FALSE?
How many almighty God do we have?

Which is correct?
1. The 3 tellers are one
2. The 3 teller’s are one

The two duplicates are copies and can be separated, TRUE or FALSE?

Zyzxx, you have vividly illustrated to us what over-zealous Trinitarian translators did in the past. The truth is, God’s word, THE TRUTH, cannot and will not be hidden.
are u telling me trinity is not biblical?

Gud morning
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by zyzxx(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2014
dolphinheart:

U better stop there , cus u re confusing urself .
cheesy am not confusing myself, maybe u are d 1 confuse here sir
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
DEBUNKED " For us there is one God, The Father" 1cor 8:5,6 ! How many God ? One !! Whom is dat God composed of ? The scripture says " Only The Father" ! " Only The Father"

U ar defendin a bliv founded by the church and not the Bible .... " Jehovah" is the only true God john 17:3!

Trinitarians are cowards who search d scripture for selfish ambition, ....... So explain 1 cor 15:24-28 verse by verse for this thread !!

Jn 1:14 In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,.... Scripture! You may now go and do the needful

Heb1:1-8. God, who at sundry times spake...But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:...Scripture! There must be a wall nearby.

Titus2:13. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;...Scripture! O that today you listen to his words, harden not your heart, like your father Arius.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 7:42am On Nov 29, 2014
CANTICLES:
Bro , they smell exactly as pagans ..... Who owns immortal soul ? Greek Pagans ! Who owns 3 in one god ? Pagans ! They dont know the true God and they dont care to know !!! They replace the divine name with " LORD" ! A title used by lawyers in addressin judges

When they say God ! They dont know whom they are callin, mayb it is God or Jesus or both ...... Infact I still ask dem what happen to the father and holyspirit when d son dies for three days ? They all died aftrall dey are one , or ar dey not one again? Bro, u can see the whole absurdity !

I came to realize that when u dont know the true God , ur prayer is meaningles ..... Notice their prayers wich is full of contradictions and repetition !!! .......

No wonder they all went to pray for a prosperous new year on december 31,2011 , only to enter a 2012 started with subsidy removal and 3 month strike .......... They went back again for this repetitive prayer in their various churches on december 31,2012 , what happen in 2013? An ASUU STRIKE that send all students home !!! .......... They went back again on december 31,2013 in their various churches as if its a ritual , this contradicting prayer , what happen in 2014 ? Strong one : EBOLA ! Bro, without knowing the true God JEHOVAH, and recognizing our lord Jesus as d one he sents ! Christendom is doomed

So this is what you guys stay in your "gossip kingdom hall" and talk about? It's so lame. While Christians are praying, you people in your cult are busy mocking them abi? Why will you pray, when you're eyeing IBB's house, to posses it when "Armageddon" comes. I no blame una at all. Pathetic lot!

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2014
Syncan:
[/color]

So this is what you guys stay in your "gossip kingdom hall" and talk about? It's so lame. While Christians are praying, you people in your cult are busy mocking them abi? Why will you pray, when you're eyeing IBB's house, to posses it when "Armageddon" comes. I no blame una at all. Pathetic lot!
what does kingdom hall have to do with my personal observation ? Am sure captivator will soon ask u to explain the scripture he gave u which u are stylishly running away from
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2014
zyzxx:
more wisdom and knowledge to u sir. amen.

God bless you my brother. When Jesus was standing before Caiphas, He not merely declares Himself to be the Messias, but in reply to a second and distinct question affirms His claim to be the Son of God. He is instantly declared by the high priest to be guilty of blasphemy, an offense which could not have been attached to the claim to be simply the Messias (Luke 22:66-71). This was because the Jews understood it that the son of God, as Jesus claims, is God by nature. See (jn5:18, Jn8:58).

Let them be humble and learn, pride gets them no where. Jesus is really God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2014
CANTICLES:
what does kingdom hall have to do with my personal observation ? Am sure captivator will soon ask u to explain the scripture he gave u which u are stylishly running away from

Which scripture mister? You mean this one where St. Paul said, "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" Col2:9. Open your eyes guy, Jesus is really God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Syncan:

Phil2:5-9 . Christ Jesus "Who, being in the form of God,thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Liars! Tell me where the bold is written? i have also colored something here for you, which you've omitted in order to deceive. Smh. Jesus thought it as robbery my foot, go and change it in your new edition.
eeyah! Na wa for your "thou" "thyest" version o ...... So paul was askin us to consider it not robery to be equal with God ? If u forget i will remind u ; phi 9:5 says " HAVE THIS MIND AMONG YOURSELVES" !! Wich sud hav d mind that we are equal with God .. Uhm ? That Jesus was a liar when he said " father is greater than I" whereas they are equal .... Uhm , dis trinitarian stuff is blasphemy

RSV (REVISED STANDARD VERSION)
Phil 9:5,6 reads " Have This Mind Among Yourselves , which is yours in Christ Jesus " 6 "who though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped" ....... Cleared !!! This renderin agreed with Jesus own word in joh 14:28

#cheeers# mr , i told u ur bliv is of the church and not the BIBLE , or else explain 1cor 15:24-28 verse by verse for this thread !!! Dont avoid it #winks#
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
eeyah! Na wa for you "thou" "thyest" version o ...... So paul was askin us to consider it not robery to be equal with God ? If u forget i will remind u ; phi 9:5 says " HAVE THIS MIND AMONG YOURSELVES" !! Wich sud hav d mind that we are equal with God .. Uhm ? That Jesus was a liar when he said " father is greater than I" whereas they are equal .... Uhm , dis trinitarian stuff is blasphemy

RSV (REVISED STANDARD VERSION)
Phil 9:5,6 reads " Have This Mind Among Yourselves , which is yours in Christ Jesus " 6 "who though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped" ....... Cleared !!! This renderin agreed with Jesus own word in joh 14:28

#cheeers# mr , i told u ur bliv is of the church and not the BIBLE , or else explain 1cor 15:24-28 verse by verse for this thread !!! Dont avoid it #winks#

Apart from misquoting scripture, you also now claim not to understand English abi? From your own post I will show you then,

"though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped"...

Meaning: Even though he (the son) is God by nature, he did not hold on to the fact that he is equal with God (the father), he humbled himself to take up flesh. This is in line with scriptures

Is 9:6, .For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jn5:18, Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Jn1:1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now to your 1cor15:24-28, Note that from the time "the word" took flesh (Jn1:14), Jesus became of two natures (God and man) united in Jesus Christ. Humanity is lower than divinity(phil2:7-8.), such that the father, now have to elevate this new humanity that has been glorified in Christ, after the victory on the cross. It is this new humanity of Christ, which was resurrected, that all will be subject to. Note that as "the word" all things were already subject to him from beginning, for all things were made by him (Col1:16), but as human, he merited the subjection of all things because of his redeeming of mankind.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CAPTIVATOR: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2014
Syncan:

The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God. In this Trinity of Persons, the Son is begotten of the Father by an eternal generation, and the Holy Spirit proceeds by an eternal procession from the Father and the Son. Yet, notwithstanding this difference as to origin, the Persons are co-eternal and co-equal: all alike are uncreated and omnipotent.

"go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:18).

Pls sir , then can u answer the following questions
1. What is God ?
2. Who is the father and what is his name.
3.who is the holy spirit?
4. What do you mean by" they are not three Gods but one"?
5. What do you mean by " in this trinity of persons"
6 what do you mean by " the son is begotten of the father by an eternal generation"
7.what do you mean by " the holy spirit proceed by an eternal procession"
8.what are the origin of the the three Gods.
9. How do we know the holy spirit is a God ?
Ill like to know more about trinity , hence the questions , ill be waiting for ur. Reply .

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:26am On Nov 29, 2014

Now to your 1cor15:24-28, Note that from the time "the word" took flesh (Jn1:14), Jesus became of two natures (God and man) united in Jesus Christ. Humanity is lower than divinity(phil2:7-8.), such that the father, now have to elevate this new humanity that has been glorified in Christ, after the victory on the cross. It is this new humanity of Christ, which was resurrected, that all will be subject to. Note that as "the word" all things were already subject to him from beginning, for all things were made by him (Col1:16), but as human, he merited the subjection of all things because of his redeeming of mankind.
You must be kidding !!! ....... Is dis the verse by verse explanation of 1cor 15:24-28 , c'mon be serious !!! Pls explain 1 cor 15:24-28 for this thread
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2014
dolphinheart:

Pls sir , then can u answer the following questions
1. What is God ?
2. Who is the father and what is his name.
3.who is the holy spirit?
4. What do you mean by" they are not three Gods but one"?
5. What do you mean by " in this trinity of persons"
6 what do you mean by " the son is begotten of the father by an eternal generation"
7.what do you mean by " the holy spirit proceed by an eternal procession"
8.what are the origin of the the three Gods.
9. How do we know the holy spirit is a God ?
Ill like to know more about trinity , hence the questions , ill be waiting for ur. Reply .

If you sincerely want to know, then I will try and take your questions one after another, in order of my choice. I will only move to the next one when we have an agreement with the earlier. Again please stick to what I say I believe, and not to the falsehood you've been fed with that I believe.
Eg. In (8.) above, you asked for the origin of the three Gods...I have never said there are three Gods, rather I said there is one God you may revisit my response on Trinity.

Again. In (9) You asked "How do we know that the holy Spirit is a God...I never said the holy spirit is a God, rather I said the Holy spirit is God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

You must be kidding !!! ....... Is dis the verse by verse explanation of 1cor 15:24-28 , c'mon be serious !!! Pls explain 1 cor 15:24-28 for this thread

You think so? You got nothing from my post? ok just like Elijah did to the prophet of baal, he not only put the offering bull, he poured water on it, (1King18:33). Also Just as Jesus told us to go an extra mile when we are forced to go one (Matt5:41), I will therefore start from vs 20 instead of 24 as you are forcing me to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Check Out The Name Change Advertised On A Newspaper That's Got People Talking / American Pastors Pray Over Kenneth Copeland As He Visits Winners Chapel / Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.