Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Is Jesus Really God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really God? (29846 Views)

Is Jesus Really God / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Divorce! Pls What Is Really God's Take On This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2014
Freksy:

God created all things BY USING or THROUGH his son.

In other words, God created the world by proxy! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2014
TheTerrible:

why the elation? Why is there so much confidence in your post? Or is it because you've been dissecting those who call themselves 'christians' but don't have an in-depth understanding of the Word of God?

As to your first question, it was God that created/made the heavens and the earth.

2. It was God the Father that said 'let there be light'. Let me also bring to your notice that Jesus is the Word of God and Holy Spirit is the Power of God.
So you can say that
God the Father said the Word(= Word of God= Jesus) and light came as a result of His Power(= the Holy Spirit= Spirit of God)

so when God said 'let there be light' it is also saying God the Father said 'let there be light', it is also saying God the Son said 'let there be light', it is also saying God the Holy Spirit said 'let there be light'.

It was God who rested on the seventh day and who also made man on the sixth.

So from my explanation you will deduce that:

God = The Trinity = God the Father+God the Son+God the Holy Spirit.

Hahahahahaha, it's because am standing on the truth, which you've just confirmed. Talk to the one who said:

Freksy:

His father created him first (he is the firstborn of every creature, Col 1:15 KJV) and thereafter used him to create other things.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

Hahahahahaha, it's because am standing on the truth, which you've just confirmed.

i don't get you oh? Which truth are you talking about?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Freksy(m): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

In other words, God created the world by proxy! cheesy

Mine, is to show you what the bible REALLY teach; how you decide to take it, is yours.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2014
TheTerrible:

i don't get you oh? Which truth are you talking about?

You should read my posts then. All I have done here is defend the trinity. You attack me, but you end up defending the trinity too. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 11:02am On Dec 01, 2014
Freksy:

Mine, is to show you what the scripture says; how you decide to take it, is yours.

I am the one who have been showing you what the scripture says, you are the one who have been adding and subtracting to and fro scriptures to help your error. see a few below.

Freksy:

Phil2:5-9 . Christ Jesus "Who, being in the form of God,thought it not robbery to be equal with God:..."Not" removed from Phil2:5-9.

His father created him first (he is the firstborn of every creature, Col 1:15 KJV) and thereafter used him to create other things. ...Colored font added to Col1:15

God said: ‘let there be light.’ ‘The son, (the master-worker) moved to action, and there was light‘....Colored font added to Gen.1:3
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 11:28am On Dec 01, 2014
Trinity is d greatest absurdity in dis era !!!

If someones reads Colosians 3:1 that says " Christ Sits at the right hand of God" !!! Accordin to trinitarian absurdity .... That scripture means

" Christ seat at the right hand of God the father, the son , the holyspirit" !!!! Trinity is total heresy !!!!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 11:29am On Dec 01, 2014

If someones reads Colosians 3:1 that says " Christ Seats at the right hand of God" !!! Accordin to trinitarian absurdity .... That scripture means

" Christ seat at the right hand of God the father, the son , the holyspirit" !!!! Trinity is total heresy !!!!
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nature

Nature properly signifies that which is primitive and original, or, according to etymology, that which a thing is at birth, as opposed to that which is acquired or added from external sources.

"Nature properly speaking is the essence (or substance) of things which have in themselves as such a principle of activity. By a process of abstraction the mind arises from individual and concrete natures to those of species and genera. eg, Human(man) nature, Divine(God) nature, this is why we often hear the idiom "to err is human, to forgive is Divine".

Based on the above definitions, the the father, the son, and the Holy spirit, share in the attributes of the Divine nature. These includes Omniscience, Omnipotence, Without beginning nor end. They are all of same Divine nature.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
CANTICLES:
4.) What do you mean by" they are not three Gods but one"?
5.) What do you mean by " in this trinity of persons"?

Affirming their distinct personalities, yet unity of nature from scriptures

Jesus was a great teacher, and He taught the apostles at each point, unravelling the mysteries of the kingdom. He taught them to recognize in Himself the Eternal Son of God. When His ministry was drawing to a close, He promised that the Father would send another Divine Person, the Holy Spirit, in His place. Finally after His resurrection, He revealed the doctrine in explicit terms, bidding them "go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:18). The force of this passage is decisive. That "the Father" and "the Son" are distinct Persons follows from the terms themselves, which are mutually exclusive. The mention of the Holy Spirit in the same series, the names being connected one with the other by the conjunctions "and . . . and" is evidence that we have here a Third Person co-ordinate with the Father and the Son, and removes completely the supposition that the Apostles understood the Holy Spirit not as a distinct Person, but as God viewed in His action on creatures.......There are three persons

The phrase "in the name" (eis to onoma) affirms alike the Godhead of the Persons and their unity of nature. Among the Jews and in the Apostolic Church the Divine name was representative of God. He who had a right to use it was invested with vast authority: for he wielded the supernatural powers of Him whose name he employed. It is incredible that the phrase "in the name" should be here employed, were not all the Persons mentioned equally Divine. Moreover, the use of the singular, "name," and not the plural, shows that these Three Persons are that One Omnipotent God in whom the Apostles believed. Indeed the unity of God is so fundamental a tenet alike of the Hebrew and of the Christian religion, and is affirmed in such countless passages of the Old and New Testaments, that any explanation inconsistent with this doctrine would be altogether inadmissible....These three individual persons are but one God

Elohim is plural.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
@ Syncan .... Dat scripture only says baptize in the name !!! And It didnt say " God the father, God the son, God the holyspirit" !!!!

They bought the land in the "name of UNILAG"!! Has nothing to do with God

I Wonder What someone like you will think about 1tim 5:21 wich says " I charge you before God AND Christ Jesus AND the chosen angels" !!! Goin by ur analogy .... They ar all one person! God= Christ Jesus= Chosen Angels !!! Whatever makes u different those angels will also mean God and christ jesus are different ! U may call it Billionity

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
CANTICLES:
@ Syncan .... Dat scripture only says baptize in the name !!! And It didnt say " God the father, God the son, God the holyspirit" !!!!

They bought the land in the "name of UNILAG"!! Has nothing to do with God

I Wonder What someone like you will think about 1tim 5:21 wich says " I command u in front of God AND Christ Jesus AND the chosen angels" !!! Goin by ur analogy .... They ar all one person! God= Christ Jesus= Chosen Angels !!! Whatever makes u different those angels will also mean God and christ jesus are different ! U may call it Billionity

Please just let your brain work for a minute, don't be quick to push out words. It is very clear that I started by explaining to you the import of the use of the phrase "In the name". If you see any where "in the name" was used for the three you just wrote there together, please let me know. Go check the latest watchtower edition, maybe a new adulterated bible is out that has it. Stop exposing your lack of comprehension. Smh at "in front of".
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
dolphinheart:
10) does jesus have the same entity as the father, are they one and the same?(b)can jesus and the father be in the same place and same as two different spirit creatures interacting with each other?
11) if they are equal , is possible for them to exchange roles ?

When you talk about entity you talk about "Substance and Accident" that make up the entity's nature as I have mentioned before.

humanity connotes all that is included in the definition of man, for it is by this that man is man, and it is this that humanity signifies, that, namely, whereby man is man. Now individual matter, with all the individualizing accidents, is not included in the definition of the species.For this particular flesh, these bones, this blackness or whiteness, etc., are not included in the definition of a man. Therefore this flesh, these bones, and the accidental qualities distinguishing this particular matter, are not included in humanity; and yet they are included in the thing which is man.

Substance:
God is the same as His essence or nature, that is God is God by nature....The father is Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without beginning. Same goes for the son (the word), same goes for the Holy spirit. They have every attribute of God, they are God by nature.
St. John's testimony is yet more explicit than that of the others. He expressly asserts that the very purpose of his Gospel is to establish the Divinity of Jesus Christ (John 20:31). In the prologue he identifies Him with the Word, the only-begotten of the Father, Who from all eternity exists with God, Who is God (John 1:1-18). The immanence of the Son in the Father and of the Father in the Son is declared in Christ's words to St. Philip: "Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?" (14:10), and in other passages no less explicit (14:7; 16:15; 17:21). The oneness of Their power and Their action is affirmed: "Whatever he [the Father] does, the Son also does in like manner" (5:19, cf. 10:38); and to the Son no less than to the Father belongs the Divine attribute of conferring life on whom He will (5:21). In 10:29, Christ expressly teaches His unity of essence with the Father: "That which my Father hath given me, is greater than all . . . I and the Father are one." The words, "That which my Father hath given me," can, having regard to the context, have no other meaning than the Divine Name, possessed in its fullness by the Son as by the Father.

Accidents
Go back to list of accidents, there is no accident in God. God is a simple entity.

I had earlier shown you, using the five rules, how Divine essence (God) is not a person. However, there are three persons that possess the attributes of God, yet God can only be one, hence these three persons are one God. It then means that as persons, they can interact with one another distinctly, yet as God be everywhere (omnipresent).
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:
Every object man can think of, that is, everything that can be subject or predicate of a proposition has been grouped into nine (10) categories, they include: substance, quantity, qualification, relative, where, when, being-in-a-position, having, doing, being-affected

To give a rough idea, examples:
of substance are man, horse;
of quantity: four-foot, fivefoot;
of qualification: white, grammatical;
of a relative: double, half, larger;
of where: in the Lyceum, in the market-place;
of when: yesterday, last-year;
of being-in-a-position: is-lying, is-sitting;
of having: has-shoes-on, has-armour-on;
of doing: cutting, burning;
of being-affected: being-cut, being-burned.

All these are lumped into two main Headings :Substance and Accident. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accident_(philosophy)]

1. Substance (οὐσία, ousia, essence or substance). A Substance is that; which is not an accident. divided into two:

(a) primary substance: is that which cannot be predicated of anything or be said to be in anything.eg. This particular tree, this particular man.

(b)secondary substances, which are universals and can be predicated.

2. Accident: That which may or may not belong to a subject, without affecting its essence. All other nine categories of objects above belong to accident. For example, a chair can be made of wood or metal but this is accidental to its being a chair: that is, it is still a chair regardless of the material from which it is made

we now have a definition comprising the five notes that go to make up a person: Remember we said that a "Person" is defined as“an individual (primary) substance that is complete, subsistent, and is of a rational nature

(a) substance-- this excludes accident; the
(b) complete-- it must form a complete nature; that which is a part, either actually or "aptitudinally" does not satisfy the definition;
(c) subsisting --the person exists in himself and for himself; he is the ultimate possessor of his nature and all its acts, the ultimate subject of predication of all his attributes; that which exists in another is not a person;
(d) Individual---this excludes the universal, which has no existence apart from the individual; e.g. Man, Dog, Angel.
(e) rational--- excludes all non-intellectual objects.

Any thing being considered, that fails to satisfy even one of these five notes, is not to be called a person. e.g

The human soul belongs to the nature(humanity) as a part of it, and is therefore not a person, even when existing separately. (falls short of b)

The human nature of Christ does not exists in himself and for himself, but exists “for and in line with the activities” of the Divine Personality of the Word. It is therefore communicated by assumption and so is not a person. (falls short of c)

Lastly the Divine Essence (God), though subsisting per se, is so communicated to the Three Persons that it does not exist apart from them; it is therefore not a person. God as an entity is not a person (falls short of d)

So there you go, we have our full definition of a person, so anything we are talking about and using person, has to follow these rules.

Exercise: Check if the word is a person.

Sir I do understand the English you are trying to teach me. Its the philosophy I have problem with, why? , because its simply man made analogy and not from the bible.
Man through language, definition, philosophy, and belief can term God to be anything he wants it to be .
That is why the bible tells us to be wary of such knowledge and belief what the bible tells us .

So therefore, sir , using the bible as the basis , can you answer the questions I asked ? If you re not answering it , let everyone on the thread know so that we can move on .
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
dolphinheart:

Sir I do understand the English you are trying to teach me. Its the philosophy I have problem with, why? , because its simply man made analogy and not from the bible.
Man through language, definition, philosophy, and belief can term God to be anything he wants it to be .
That is why the bible tells us to be wary of such knowledge and belief what the bible tells us .

So therefore, sir , using the bible as the basis , can you answer the questions I asked ? If you re not answering it , let everyone on the thread know so that we can move on .

Just trying to let you know why you should not confuse person with entity.

Meanwhile be truthful : If Jesus, and not the father created all things, Who was it that in Gen 1:1 created heaven and earth. Who said in Gen 1:3 "let there be light". Who rested on the seventh day after creating man on the sixth?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
CANTICLES:

If someones reads Colosians 3:1 that says " Christ Seats at the right hand of God" !!! Accordin to trinitarian absurdity .... That scripture means

They say they are three that make one, but that one is not three in it( me , I'm so confused)
they say the Christ is God, the almighty. Christ means anointed one, so who anointed the almighty? So confusing
They say the Christ also serves as high priest , high priest to who ? High priest to himself ?
They say they are equal, yet one learnt from the other and is always doing his will.

They say the seed is God himself
They now use English, philosophy, and other man made knowledge to explain the bible . No wonder we where being pre-warned about belief in human knowledge.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by dolphinheart(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

Meanwhile be truthful : If Jesus, and not the father created all things, Who was it that in Gen 1:1 created heaven and earth. Who said in Gen 1:3 "let there be light". Who rested on the seventh day after creating man on the sixth?

U asking the question again ? Pls note , I never said "jesus and not the father created all things". Dnt twist my word like u trying to twist d bible .

Jehovah is our creator
We are created by jehovah through jesus,
Jesus is Gods master worker.
God wanted to create light, he said it and jesus did it .
If these answer is not good enough for you , let me know so that I can show you where in the bible I took those words and explanation from .

Pls , even if I'm confusing person with entity, pls answer my question in the same numberings as asked. If you think its entity I mean , answer as entity, if u think its persons I mean , answer as person.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

Please just let your brain work for a minute, don't be quick to push out words. It is very clear that I started by explaining to you the import of the use of the phrase "In the name". If you see any where "in the name" was used for the three you just wrote there together, please let me know. Go check the latest watchtower edition, maybe a new adulterated bible is out that has it. Stop exposing your lack of comprehension. Smh at "in front of".
before u type, relax ..... Dont let ur anger control u, u sud control it or else u may develop hypertension ! Thanks for da insults .....

Am not perfect by sayin "in front of" and av humbly correct my mistake !!, ONCE Again 1tim 5:21 " I charge u b4 God AND Christ Jesus AND the chosen angels" !! Whatever make u say God is also christ Jesus in dis verse then=The chosen Angels , God = Christ Jesus= Angels ! Walla ..Or else we face the truth ,God is not christ, &christ is not the chosen angels ! 1 tim 5:21
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Freksy(m): 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

I am the one who have been showing you what the scripture says, you are the one who have been adding and subtracting to and fro scriptures to help your error. see a few below.

1. You accuse me of quoting Ph 2:5-9 and removed the word, ‘not’. Can you please mention the page where the post can be found?

2. Col 1:15 was quoted to support the statement in parenthesis. See how it was below:

His father created him first (he is the firstborn of every creature, Col 1:15 KJV) and thereafter used him to create other things.

Why did you make it appear Col 1:15 KJV was at the end of my statement, to imply everything was taken from Col 1:15?

3. Again, you removed Pr8:30 I quoted to support the following:
‘….. I was master-workman at his side…’

You did not only remove it, but introduced Gen.1:3 that I never cited, but only paraphrased.

You ignore questions crying for answers in those posts, but are busy editing and misrepresenting my posts to deceive readers.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Freksy(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

Has he told you it's not the father of Jesus that created all things? It appears you are subtly looking for a comfort zone.

I responded to it already, am still awaiting your response, and don't ignore the question I raised therein.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
dolphinheart:

They say they are three that make one, but that one is not three in it( me , I'm so confused)
they say the Christ is God, the almighty. Christ means anointed one, so who anointed the almighty? So confusing
They say the Christ also serves as high priest , high priest to who ? High priest to himself ?
They say they are equal, yet one learnt from the other and is always doing his will.

They say the seed is God himself
They now use English, philosophy, and other man made knowledge to explain the bible . No wonder we where being pre-warned about belief in human knowledge.
thats d darkness in christendom ..... An example of usin philosophy is Col 1:15 , " firstborn of creation" !! BIBLE USAGE:The title "firstborn of ISREAL" is used for reuben in 1chro 5:1 whom is a PART of ISREAL .

"firstborn of PHARAOH" in Ex 11:5 refers to somone whom is part of Pharaohs family !! Why is d firstborn of CREATION not a part of creation ?? imagine

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
dolphinheart:

U asking the question again ? Pls note , I never said "jesus and not the father created all things". Dnt twist my word like u trying to twist d bible .

Jehovah is our creator
We are created by jehovah through jesus,
Jesus is Gods master worker.
God wanted to create light, he said it and jesus did it .
If these answer is not good enough for you , let me know so that I can show you where in the bible I took those words and explanation from .

Pls , even if I'm confusing person with entity, pls answer my question in the same numberings as asked. If you think its entity I mean , answer as entity, if u think its persons I mean , answer as person.

Please show me where i posted that you said so. I needed your opinion and i said you should be truthful about it, true or false ?

Oh you have already concluded that I am twisting the bible, while you are the one holding on to Jehova needing a proxy Jesus to create the world. When your jehova spoke, Jesus did what exactly for light to appear? I actually thought you sincerely want to learn, but It's now clear you've hardened up your heart to hold on to a lie. Take a look at the bold in yours and take a look at the bold below, God needed no helper to make anything.

Gen 1:6-7 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

The truth shall set you free.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
CANTICLES:
before u type, relax ..... Dont let ur anger control u, u sud control it or else u may develop hypertension ! Thanks for da insults .....

Am not perfect by sayin "in front of" and av humbly correct my mistake !!, ONCE Again 1tim 5:21 " I charge u b4 God AND Christ Jesus AND the chosen angels" !! Whatever make u say God is also christ Jesus in dis verse then=The chosen Angels , God = Christ Jesus= Angels ! Walla ..Or else we face the truth ,God is not christ, &christ is not the chosen angels ! 1 tim 5:21

I am not angry, and it's not an insult, just waking you up from slumber which you still seem to be in. Please again, show me where "In the name" is in that passage you quoted. I discussed the significance of "In the name" before showing you the scripture not so?
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
Freksy:

Has he told you it's not the father of Jesus that created all things? It appears you are subtly looking for a comfort zone.

I responded to it already, am still awaiting your response, and don't ignore the question I raised therein.

I am in my comfort zone, the God that needed no proxy to Create is with me. You responded abi, that God said the word and Jesus went into action to make it happen? Chai

Gen 1:6-7 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

God said and God made...Jesus is God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by sayatyadebayor(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
Christmasdon:
.are you madt? JESUS IS GOD.
juses is not god but prophet of god we have only one god and many prophet or messagers thank you
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

Please show me where i posted that you said so. I needed your opinion and i said you should be truthful about it, true or false ?

Oh you have already concluded that I am twisting the bible, while you are the one holding on to Jehova needing a proxy Jesus to create the world. When your jehova spoke, Jesus did what exactly for light to appear? I actually thought you sincerely want to learn, but It's now clear you've hardened up your heart to hold on to a lie.

The truth shall set you free.
Relax .... Jesus Christ Refer To His Father as the Creator (check Matthew 19:4-6 'what God yoke togeda' the one who create them ... Mark 10:6 )
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
Freksy:

1. You accuse me of quoting Ph 2:5-9 and removed the word, ‘not’. Can you please mention the page where the post can be found?

2. Col 1:15 was quoted to support the statement in parenthesis. See how it was below:

Why did you make it appear Col 1:15 KJV was at the end of my statement, to imply everything was taken from Col 1:15?

3. Again, you removed Pr8:30 I quoted to support the following:
‘….. I was master-workman at his side…’

You did not only remove it, but introduced Gen.1:3 that I never cited, but only paraphrased.

You ignore questions crying for answers in those posts, but are busy editing and misrepresenting my posts to deceive readers.

I am dealing with at least three of you here, and you've been supporting each other, if there be truth in you, you would denounce any untruth by the other, but you allowed it, so when I use you, it's for all of you.

Thank you for drawing my attention to Pr.8:30 . Though you are trying to pick and chose to suit your interpretation, I will not bother to explain, but simply use scripture to confound you.

vs 27:When he established the heavens, I was there;when he drew a circle on the face of the deep.....God established(created by himself)
Vs 28:When he made firm the skies above,when he established the fountains of the deep,....God made firm(God making sure what he created is perfect)
Vs 29: When he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth,......(God even marked out by himself)

Vs 30: then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight,rejoicing before him always...(I, like a chief apprentice was by him)

Who Established....God. Who made firm...God. Who assigned...God. Who marked out...God. Tell me again, did you say God said and Jesus went into action to make?

Jesus is God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by RikoduoSennin(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
TheTerrible:

1. I noticed/saw it

2. I will liken the person that Jacob to the Melchizedek, you cannot say He was an angel, the Personality was definitely God(probably God the Father) but the Bible says any person that sees God will die. True but i also believe that God can change/transform Himself to enable us to see Him because Jesus could also take the shape/body of man. So i would say Jacob saw God in a 'miniature' version. Also take into notice that grace and mercy played an important role in Jacob's life.

John 5:37 "and the Father who sent me has himself borne witness to me. HIS VOICE YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD, HIS FORM YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN "

John 6:46 " Not that ANY ONE has SEEN the Father EXCEPT him who is FROM God; he has SEEN The Father "

John 1:18 " No one has seen God ; the only Son who is in the bosom of The Father, he has made him* known"

NB: If men saw Jesus, what kind of God is he? Because everywhere in the Bible says Jehovah is "invisible"- I have scriptural prove for that too.

TheTerrible:

4. It was God the Father-if you scroll up you will see why i said he was able to see God the Father despite the fact that whoever sees God will die- that Jacob saw.

Please See above, It can't be the Father because he is INVISIBLE--- Read also 1 Tim 1:17,Heb 11:27, Col 1:15.

TheTerrible:

If you notice from Adam 's time till the beginning of the era of the new testament, God the Father was the one communicating with men, by the time Jesus came, God the Father ceased to be heard because Jesus was communicating with men. Then from the era of acts of the apostles till the second coming of Christ is the time of the Holy Spirit.

@John 5:37 quoted above, no one has heard the Father's voice, he usually spoke through agents and the Holy Spirit is NOT ONE OF THOSE AGENTS. Notice who is....

Hebrew 1:1,2 " In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers BY THE PROPHETS: but in these last days he has spoken to us by A SON......"

God spoke through Angel to Moses at the burning bush Acts 7:30,35,38 compare all these with Genesis account of Moses.

Rev 1:1 ---God gave Jesus, Jesus gave angels to show John.

That is chain of command.

TheTerrible:

What did Jesus say He is? Or rather who did Jesus say He is?

The answer I'm giving is also my answer to the latter 'question'

Jesus said He is the Son of God.

Yes, the Son of God and never "God the Son", there is a difference. One is man made to support the trinity doctrine.

Jesus is a Mighty God no doubt but he lacks what it takes to be the Almighty God.

TheTerrible:

WARNING!!!!: Satan is not a God/god rather he is the leader of the fallen angels, he is also a fallen angel. I can't remember anywhere in the Bible saying that satan is or was a God/god rather he is called names prince of persia, angel of light, lucifer, devil, accuser of the brethren, etc

2 corinthians 4:4 " In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of christ, who is the LIKENESS of God. "

the two words translated god/God are the same greek words, English translators use their own initiative to differential the two by their identities.

Who do you think "the god of these system of things" is refering to?

NB: Jesus is the "Likeness" of God not God himself. Man too are made in the Likeness of God ( Gen 1:26)
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Freksy(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

I am in my comfort zone, the God that needed no proxy to Create is with me. You responded abi, that God said the word and Jesus went into action to make it happen? Chai

God said and God made...Jesus is God.

In other words, if God uses what he created to accomplish his purpose, he has no right to say he is the maker? He is the maker of all that he did through his son whom he created.

[size=14pt]QUESTION: According to that Gen 1:6-7, the firmament divided the waters, but why did God say he divided it?
[/size]
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
CANTICLES:
Relax .... Jesus Christ Refer To His Father as the Creator (check Matthew 19:4-6 'what God yoke togeda' the one who create them ... Mark 10:6

The one who yokes together is the one who creates, and that is God says you, OK.

Col 1:17. He is before all things, and in him all things are held together....Talking about Jesus Christ

Jn 1:3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made....Talking about the word(Jesus Christ)

I don't even know the one to take from you guys, so who is this one talking about below:

Psalm 8:3. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained

Jesus is God.
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by Syncan(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
Freksy:

In other words, if God uses what he created to accomplish his purpose, he has no right to say he is the maker. He is the maker of all that he did through his son whom he created.

[size=14pt]QUESTION: According to that Gen 1:6-7, the firmament divided the waters, but why did God say he divided it?
[/size]

1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

God commanded the firmament, and the firmament obeyed. Where did he command Jesus and Jesus swung into action like you claim, to make the firmament divide the waters....Chai, watch tower go kill somebody o
Re: Is Jesus Really God? by CANTICLES: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
Syncan:

The one who yokes together is the one who creates, and that is God says you, OK.

Col 1:17. He is before all things, and in him all things are held together....Talking about Jesus Christ

Jn 1:3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made....Talking about the word(Jesus Christ)

I don't even know the one to take from you guys, so who is this one talking about below:

Psalm 8:3. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained

Jesus is God.
do u even read at all .... Psalmist has Jehovah the God of d jews in mind , and Christ himself calls d father the creator ! U think he is proud as u , Jesus Exclaim "he made them in the beginning " Mark 6:10 ! He didnt say " I create them in d beginning" !! Though used....Matthew 19:4-6 has d details !!!

Jesus himself was created by the Father ( Rev 3:14)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Best Of Christian Fictions (novels) / Emmanuel Omale Predicts Death Of Actress In 2016 / Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.