Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly (45637 Views)

Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police / Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court / Minister Directs That No New Corps Member Should Be Posted To Borno And Yobe Sta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 01, 2014
EVarn:

oh
my
God
like seriously?!,you think judges are above the law?.judges can be arrested if caught breaking the law.
a judge can be arrested, but a judge will never be arrested.
see, you need to know what it takes to be a judge... in fact, for a judge to be arrested, you will have to first petition the NJC, they will conduct an investigation, then suspend or retire the judge, before you can even think of arresting the judge...see this guy o
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by EVarn(m): 1:27am On Dec 01, 2014
BiHung:

a judge can be arrested, but a judge will never be arrested.
see, you need to know what it takes to be a judge... in fact, for a judge to be arrested, you will have to first petition the NJC, they will conduct an investigation, then suspend or retire the judge, before you can even think of arresting the judge...see this guy o
so arent we saying the same thing?,you earlier claimed that a judge cannot be arrested..and i argued otherwise.even without the permission of the NJC,with a presidential permit,a judge can be arrested if found guilty by the police of a 'crime',his case can then later be place before the NJC,so as to nulify his/hes status as a judge and remove his/her immunity.it doesnt however mean that he cant be detained.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by tecmon: 1:34am On Dec 01, 2014
keyman0007:

lies! The world is watching even the executive will not be able to save the IGP if the court rules in tambuwa's favour. If Tafa Balogun a former iGP cld be locked up. Who is this guy. The best he shd do is pray the court rules in his favour if nt na jail get my guy.

and if he dares disobeys the court order I tell u na there democracy go end. Cos dere is no point havin a court if it judgement isnt obeyed.

oga, when sunnyshayne makes reference to ur age, he is not mistaken cos it shows in ur post, and its an issue no matter what u think u are contributing. its because of ur age that u don't know that the Nigerian political landscape has not changed much since 1960. why didn't that judge ask tambuwal to obey the constitution and vacate the seat of the speaker , is it not court that ordered Humphery Nwosu to announcing further results of the 12/06/93 election when it was obvious that MKO has won? three other high court ordered him to complete the announcement of the results, did he ?. After all the violence and bloodshed and car burning at Nkpor jucntion between Ikemba front and Nwobodo Vanguard, the 1983 guber election in Anambra went to CC Onoh not because the multiple court cases revealed any truth (both parties rigged and killed for votes) but NPN manipulated the judiciary better than NPP. boy there is no rule of law in this country for now. you don't know the difference between a political fight and a legal fight

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by hyfr(m): 1:34am On Dec 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Let's see how it goes!

I dare say who has the balls to commit a sitting IG to prison?

Who will effect his arrest?

Talk is cheap. There is a woman called Arunma Otteh, resolution upon resolution were passed on her but records still state that she is the DG SEC.

Modified for the sake of kids.
I bu Alobam. Talk is cheap jare
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by emestephen595(m): 1:36am On Dec 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:

I will ask you again who enforces a court sentence? Which policeman will go close to a sitting IG to cuff him? I was not born yesterday and I don't watch American films.

Don't u think as long as he's been questioned and he's in the box, he is superior to no one? Na Civillian hin be o!
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Dalastd123: 1:37am On Dec 01, 2014
Nigerians are easily deceived. I pity these Legislators because they think fighting a sitting IGP na beans forgetting his men provide them and their families with security. Look nothing will happen they will settle this matter without noise because it is very delicate especially because he has d backing of his men on this one. Imagine just becaus u are Speaker of the house u use ur car to push aside a policeman on duty then approach same people to claim that you are introducing yourself next thing u scale a fence and when their boss defends them u lock him up? These are uniformed men oo them go just do them ESPIRIT DE CORPS
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 01, 2014
EVarn:
so arent we saying the same thing?,you earlier claimed that a judge cannot be arrested..and i argued otherwise.even without the permission of the NJC,with a presidential permit,a judge can be arrested if found guilty by the police of a 'crime',his case can then later be place before the NJC,so as to nulify his/hes status as a judge and remove his/her immunity.it doesnt however mean that he cant be detained.
nooo...only the njc has power to discipline a judge for what ever reason.

It is only when the njc is done that whoever wants yo arrest the judge can arrest him. The purpose is to ensure total independence of the justice system.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Dalastd123: 1:52am On Dec 01, 2014
angelsing:
I don't see this ever happening in this country..IGP go to prison?. Even if he was indicted and charge it still won't happen.. I was shocked when Tafa went to prison back then I was more shocked when he was only jailed for Six month.. Naija a country influence determines who go to prison or Not. We are waiting to see if it will come to pass
bros it's not only in Naija that influence rules. It's all over the world like in the case of the white police man in America who shot an unarmed black and was not indicted by a court of law. It's just that we in Nigeria think say na our own bad pass. Even Obama is usually ridiculed daily to the extent that they even insulted/ targeted his young daughters.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Dmony: 1:59am On Dec 01, 2014
onadana:
Nine sans and 69 lawyers to persecute a case.....smacks of desperation to me.When the common man can't even afford one square meal these jesters are assaulting our sensibility......do you know how much it is to pay one SAN?OH GOD WHO WOULD RESCUE US FROM THESE PHAROAHS.
what if it is voluntary,will u ask the SANs and lawyers not to?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Dmony: 2:02am On Dec 01, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's your father and mother and your entire unknown generation that's dumb. Bastard.
Are you related to the President? why take stuffs like that personal?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Oklander: 2:36am On Dec 01, 2014
bashydemy:
So you never hear sun news before abi you just return from planet of the apes? cheesy grin
dude, go back to your ape kingdom, the post was modified before you jumped out of the mountains!
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by ladymichael: 2:42am On Dec 01, 2014
Mogidi:

Google exist for a reason, I suggest you learn how to use it to form an opinion.

Okay.please don't be expressing your self on things you don't understand because you will end up making a fool of your self
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by ladymichael: 2:49am On Dec 01, 2014
akinsadeez:

Why shouldn't he say it in public? why don't you just answer his question; who will arrest the IGP? A court of law cannot enforce its order without relying on the executive, mainly d police. The IGP clearly has d backing of d president so who will enforce d order. While Obj was president he routinely disobeyed court orders and nothing happened. If d court orders d IGP arrested n GEJ stays solidly behind him, he will remain IGP n nothing would happen.

I see....................hmmm smh
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Lebee4(m): 2:53am On Dec 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Who executes the court's judgement? If the judiciary wants to give a shot at anarchy let them feel free.

A word of advice to the judge and you " there is a word called discretion"

Tafa Balogun was an Ig too
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 01, 2014
Why has the IGP not arrested this judge already?
What is he waiting for ??
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by thunder74(m): 5:34am On Dec 01, 2014
BiHung:

OBJ wanted it so but didn't have the power to do so.

Only the court can. So OBJ used the court to achieve that.

Now ... The only thing GEJ can do is to make sure the court doesn't give the order. Once the. Court does, there is nothing GEJ can do.

Any attempt by GEJ to harass the judiciary's power will be considered as anarchy..and it seems that's what you are envisaging.

My dear, Burkina Faso plus Libya plus Egypt would be like cartoon
No contempt order will be issued. IG has not disobeyed any order of the court. Status quo could mean different things to different persons, depending on the angle you perceived it.
As at the time of the order, IG has withdrawn Tambuwal security details, stopped recognising him as the speaker, that is the IG's status quo.
But seriously, IG is right for refusing to recognise Tambuwal as speaker. Our constitution is clear on defection, police are empowered to enforce the law as it is. They don't need to wait for court interpretation before arresting a suspect or charge anybody to court. It is your duty to challenge them in court if you feel they wrongly enforced the law. That is why lawyer go to court for the enforcement of fundamental right when a suspect is detained more than 24 hours.
The constitution says, once you defect, you loose your seat. That is the law as it is, every other argument is sentiment not law.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by onadana: 5:55am On Dec 01, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Dmony:

what if it is voluntary,will u ask the SANs and lawyers not to?

Volun........kini grin for Naigeria.....common!!
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aviazuva: 6:57am On Dec 01, 2014
I decree that STATUS QUO be maintained in this matter.
Meanwhile, AVIANAZUGODU
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2014
tecmon:

oga, when sunnyshayne makes reference to ur age, he is not mistaken cos it shows in ur post, and its an issue no matter what u think u are contributing. its because of ur age that u don't know that the Nigerian political landscape has not changed much since 1960. why didn't that judge ask tambuwal to obey the constitution and vacate the seat of the speaker , is it not court that ordered Humphery Nwosu to announcing further results of the 12/06/93 election when it was obvious that MKO has won? three other high court ordered him to complete the announcement of the results, did he ?. After all the violence and bloodshed and car burning at Nkpor jucntion between Ikemba front and Nwobodo Vanguard, the 1983 guber election in Anambra went to CC Onoh not because the multiple court cases revealed any truth (both parties rigged and killed for votes) but NPN manipulated the judiciary better than NPP. boy there is no rule of law in this country for now. you don't know the difference between a political fight and a legal fight
Do you understand what you're saying?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by ypzilanti: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2014
Can any constitutional lawyer or scholar educate us on what criteria the house of assembly can use to remove An IGP.

Its an option isn't it? If the house can impeach a president. Surely they can remove an IG. Not sure but I think its 2/3.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 01, 2014
Someone needs to tell Tambuwal who the IG really is, and his ties to the military oligarchy and even Abacha. No policeman in the history of the world is as rich as and connected as that IG. Tambuwal shouldnt provoke sleeping giants. This is a friendly advise. Those who are on the know, will understand what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by popcykaylah(m): 7:33am On Dec 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Seriously, I no go school na me and your papa they roll tyre before him give your mama belle.
very funny..when you see my father boy..?you pee in your pants ..my father is here with me in the UK resting while you are there in naija hustling ..mate you have to go back to sleep and check the man you rolled tires with ..ode!!!

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by prophetfire: 7:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Atimes I begin to think that someone must have cast a spell on this present Ig.openly partisan to the core.others support the sitting president without openly showing it but he decided to throw himself headlong into partisan politics doing the macabre dance more ferociously than the pdp guys .this man dsnt hav the brain needed to head a police body.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by ojilepikin(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Nothing go happen. It will be business as usual.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by spartan50(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2014
BiHung:

Do you know the power of a High Court Judge ?

This guy is a learner o. If his explanation is not sound enough, he will be arrested right inside the court room straight onto a black maria.

Watch n learn
Are you a learner? Nothing will happen... For naija he won't be arrested or convicted... Not even when the judge himself has wat he is hiding.. Jux watch and see... God bless Nigeria
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by podosci(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Who executes the court's judgement? If the judiciary wants to give a shot at anarchy let them feel free.

A word of advice to the judge and you " there is a word called discretion"
Because the system is broken dosnt mean we should celebrate those who tramp on it..in a sane society, even the president can be commited to prison if the high court sees fit.....arrest common IGP is a small issue,,,,anarchy cannot be reached because of such,,,,,,,,we have a bloody military for God sake,,,,,,if the IGP decides to start behaving mental,,,,DSS, army, navy, airforce, even the same police can bring him to order,,,,His in this country that the IGP can even harass the President,,,,,,,,,The President is not intellectually fit to understand the rule of law but i am wondern why the idiots he hired has advisers have failed him.......
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2014
spartan50:
Are you a learner? Nothing will happen... For naija he won't be arrested or convicted... Not even when the judge himself has wat he is hiding.. Jux watch and see... God bless Nigeria
aha...save your remaining megabyte for the big news guy... No need to make mouth guy
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by podosci(m): 7:59am On Dec 01, 2014
Dalastd123:
Nigerians are easily deceived. I pity these Legislators because they think fighting a sitting IGP na beans forgetting his men provide them and their families with security. Look nothing will happen they will settle this matter without noise because it is very delicate especially because he has d backing of his men on this one. Imagine just becaus u are Speaker of the house u use ur car to push aside a policeman on duty then approach same people to claim that you are introducing yourself next thing u scale a fence and when their boss defends them u lock him up? These are uniformed men oo them go just do them ESPIRIT DE CORPS

*Sigh* this country is finished
Do you know the National assembly represents every part of Nigeria? even know we have idiots, illitrates and criminals there,,they still represent Nigerias soverinty and federal system,,,,tramping on it is tantamount to a civil war between the states and Federal Govt, The President lack of proper educational background or lack of intelligence makes him make stupid decisions, but i wonder how come he his not advised properly by the idiots he hired to advice him......
Nigeria is a Federal state but because of stupidity we ar not practicing thru federalism, In a sane country, if the court ask you to appear you must come,,, even if the court summons the president( a sane president like in other developed countries), kenyata of kenya was summoned by the ICC and he went,,,,,,the IGP is a small position,,,,,,in any case the police are not even functional, which makes it an even smaller position,,,,,,,,,,if the police want to start misbehaving, we have the military, DSS,,,,,,,,with the way things are in this foolish country,,,,the military might be tempted to take over soon
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by bashydemy(m): 8:09am On Dec 01, 2014
Oklander:
dude, go back to your ape kingdom, the post was modified before you jumped out of the mountains!
Sorry you should have modify you comment too, Oh..sorry no strong internet connection in the planet of apes.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Emilord(m): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2014
rezy15:

and what if i may ask is ur imnate occupation? D only tin ur gud at is tossing in d ethnic card. Nobody dropped that angle even after 7 pages but u. You don't know anything AT ALL! If u did u wud have contributed constructively to this thread. Nw all u hv to show is a bunch of words soaked in meaningless bigotry that won't affect the price of fufu in the market. If he's found guilty he shud be arrested. Northerner or southerner, nobody get monopoly for stupidity. We all know he wasn't acting alone.
you said I know nothing?hehehehe,so u don't even know that there is a difference btw innate and inmate?hehehe,laugh wan kill me here o
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Olawaleslimfit(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2014
slimmy05:
69 lawyers is small naw. He would have employed 1000. Rubbish, Tambuwal would be the one to go to jail. Quote me before January.
Tanbuwal to go to jail? For what offence if I may ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

INEC Declares Seriake Dickson Winner Of Bayelsa Election / Many Injured As ‘MC Oluomo’ Loyalists, NURTW Clash In Lagos / #osundecides2022: Jubilation In Osogbo As PDP Wins Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.