Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly (45638 Views)

Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police / Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court / Minister Directs That No New Corps Member Should Be Posted To Borno And Yobe Sta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Who executes the court's judgement? If the judiciary wants to give a shot at anarchy let them feel free.

A word of advice to the judge and you " there is a word called discretion"

Personal "Discretion" over the laws of the land?! Are you ok?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
EVarn:
i agree that an order from a high court or supreme court is stronger than that of a president,yet we all know that in this country,power is law and law is ultimate power.an high court ordered for the immediate reinstatement of tambuwal's security details,yet till today have you seen any bodyguard guarding tambuwal?.arresting the IGP could plunge the country into a state of anarchy.the IGP has authority over a third of the civil defence forces,and as it stands,he also has the presidency's support.all these has the potential to descend into a "life drama".
Remember that the IGP is a civil servant and he won't want to cause any further drama. His reputation and career would be on the line if he dares to even think of trying to attempt to ignore an order of arrest. If a court declares him wanted, the worst he can do is to go on exile. Trust me.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by ladymichael: 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Ah.. somebody just woke up from a deep sleep.

Na you wake me up, shey?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Mogidi: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ajascolove:

Betting? No. Anyhow, the IGP should take things easy.

No wahala bro, the story is indeed false, the courts are not sending the IGP to prison.

"While refusing the ex-parte application which was moved yesterday by counsel to the plaintiffs, Prince Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, ordered that the IGP should be put on notice of the case against him to enable him to prepare his defence."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/jonathan-still-recognise-speaker-tambuwal-tells-court/#sthash.HM643QxL.dpuf
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by OLADD: 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
successking:
Let all the SAN in Nigeria rise in defence of Tambuwal, but the truth is that he is no more a member of House of Representative at his defection.

We should not comment on bitterness of our minds but facts.

Tambuwal must go.
[color=#006600][/color]

Gbam Gbam Gbammmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Abiolainfo: 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
successking:

Tambuwal has murdered his political career and there is nothing any one born of woman can do to save him.

That's your own point of view from a shallow perspective

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by ladymichael: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
successking:

Tambuwal has murdered his political career and there is nothing any one born of woman can do to save him.

Please can you explain in what way he has murdered his political career?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aresa: 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
kITATITA:
There is no order yet committing the IGP to prison. Nothing close to it yet from my layman understanding. The Speaker initiated a contempt of court process against the IGP through ex parte motion. The judge refused to agree with the ex parte motion and instead asked that the IGP be put on notice to put up an appearance to defend himself. He will only be committed to prison if he doesn't justify his action and if the court thinks he is deliberately flouting the order of a court. The IGP could use the instrumentality of the court to evade sanctions by filling spurious appeals against every ruling. But I can't see the IGP displaying the same arrogant posturing you saw at the House of Reps hearing. And no DPO or Policeman attached to the court will effect the arrest if it comes to that. They are ready to scale the windows and run to their village. The IGP is not going to prison. I can bet my salary on it. By the way, I'm not a lawyer.

I see your point and I also don't think this lawless man is going to jail. Not because the IG is more powerful than the Nigerian judiciary or anything lie that but more because the head aka his boss and president is rotten and equally lawless.

We have a leadership vacuum and malady in Nigeria, the same vacuum that refused to fight corruption and even created the most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration in the history of Nigeria, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that manifested portioned and canibalized Nigeria with parts belonging to Nigerians and other parts to terrorists, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that looked the other way and went dancing after scores of Nigerians died in a bomb blast that occurred right under his nose and just a few miles from where he sleeps, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that not only refused to admit the fact that innocent school children were kidnapped and even sent his wife to the cameras to ridicule and embarrass the poor families of the missing girls, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that hires nothing but crooks and lawless individuals under EFCC investigation to head top government positions, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration...

Presidents and leaders in sane and lawful societies won't have public officials like this IG hanging around him, his resignation should have been demanded or fired right away, but he's still on the job and raising shoulders at the Nigerian judiciary and constitution because the head/his boss is not only lawless, the IG himself is operating based on the corrupt and lawless instructions from his lawless president.

The Afghan police chief resigned yesterday after a bomb blast, but not in lawless and zero accountability Nigeria, they get promoted and rewarded with National awards. Even our incompetent service chiefs were given national awards for job well done after losing our territory to terrorists and failing to protect Nigerians...

The IG is only reflecting our sad and zero accountability environment, leadership failure, lawlessness and leadership vacuum..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by akinsadeez(m): 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
ladymichael:

Are you serious? No seriously, are you for real? Please am begging you don't go out and say this in public.

Why shouldn't he say it in public? why don't you just answer his question; who will arrest the IGP? A court of law cannot enforce its order without relying on the executive, mainly d police. The IGP clearly has d backing of d president so who will enforce d order. While Obj was president he routinely disobeyed court orders and nothing happened. If d court orders d IGP arrested n GEJ stays solidly behind him, he will remain IGP n nothing would happen.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Personal "Discretion" over the laws of the land?! Are you ok?

Am not ok, I'm the way you are!

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by holatin(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
OLADD:
[/color][color=#006600]

Na so your stupidity reach? Kindergarten brain.
are you blind to the extent you can't see ow he is working for Jonathan.
really some Ve brain but can not think.
me kindergarten brain ! OK
but you fish brain
one last word for you
NEVER PUT YOUR BRAIN IN OFFLINE MODE WHEN COMING TO NAIRALAND.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Mogidi: 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
ladymichael:

Google exist for a reason, I suggest you learn how to use it to form an opinion.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
medamillion:
Barcaman, it's been a while. Receive my warm welcome.
Baba how far? Missed you. Where you go sef?
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by OLADD: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
aresa:

I see your point and I also don't think this lawless man is going to jail. Not because the IG is more powerful than the Nigerian judiciary or anything lie that but more because the head aka his boss and president is rotten and equally lawless.

We have a leadership vacuum and malady in Nigeria, the same vacuum that refused to fight corruption and even created the most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration in the history of Nigeria, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that manifested portioned and canibalized Nigeria with parts belonging to Nigerians and other parts to terrorists, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that looked the other way and went dancing after scores of Nigerians died in a bomb blast that occurred right under his nose and just a few miles from where he sleeps, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that not only refused to admit the fact that innocent school children were kidnapped and even sent his wife to the cameras to ridicule and embarrass the poor families of the missing girls, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration that hires nothing but crooks and lawless individuals under EFCC investigation to head top government positions, the same most corrupt, lawless and incompetent administration...

Presidents and leaders in sane and lawful societies won't have public officials like this IG hanging around him, his resignation should have been demanded or fired right away, but he's still on the job and raising shoulders at the Nigerian judiciary and constitution because the head/his boss is not only lawless, the IG himself is operating based on the corrupt and lawless instructions from his lawless president.

The Afghan police chief resigned yesterday after a bomb blast, but not in lawless and zero accountability Nigeria, they get promoted and rewarded with National awards. Even our incompetent service chiefs were given national awards for job well done after losing our territory to terrorists and failing to protect Nigerians...

The IG is only reflecting our sad zero accountability environment, leadership failure, lawlessness and leadership vacuum..
[/color][color=#006600]

How could someone waste his ample time in writing this rubbish?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by akinsadeez(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
BiHung:

Remember that the IGP is a civil servant and he won't want to cause any further drama. His reputation and career would be on the line if he dares to even think of trying to attempt to ignore an order of arrest. If a court declares him wanted, the worst he can do is to go on exile. Trust me.

Go on exile I laugh in swahili . If d court orders him arrested n d order is flouted what will happen? will d judges go n arrest him themselves? As long as d president is behind him, he will remain wanted in theory, but also remain d substantive IGP in practice. That is d reality of Nigerian politics.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aresa: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aresa: 9:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lawlessness is the only currency this worthless president the the people around him have to trade with...
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by BinghiNya(m): 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
You mean Inspector General of Prisoners
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aresa: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:

but you fish brain
one last word for you

Don't waste your time on trolls, it's not worth it....trust me.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Tonylyte(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
agarawu23:
do i look like some kind of hungry dudes? undecided i came across it and decided to share.
Lol, he mistook you for crimejomes. I dont blame him though, judging from what apc paid goons can do here.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Ajascolove(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

You may be right or wrong but all policemen will line up to defend their own. We are talking about a sitting service chief here, please.

In fact do you know Tafa Balogun is the most loved ex IG in Nigeria? Please ask any policeman close by.

I'm no party faithful, my line of duty does not permit but if APC want to rock the boat let them try it, may be tear gas was not enough for them.
Okay
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by OLADD: 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:

but you fish brain
one last word for you
[color=#006600][/color]

If I had known you write and think this badly, I wouldn't have even quoted your post. You are such a failure and bloody riffraff

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by medamillion(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
Baba how far? Missed you. Where you go sef?
Me dey NL dey chil o waiting to c d announcement of d people's General as president. I have missed those inspiring thread u alwayz create.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by paragon40(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Who executes the court's judgement? If the judiciary wants to give a shot at anarchy let them feel free.

A word of advice to the judge and you " there is a word called discretion"
that is why we have a minister of justice and a president. even though jonathan is a member of the pdp, dont forget he has some constitutional duty to perform if the I.G go against the law he will be removed...by the president.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by teadrake(m): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
agarawu23:
huh! nigeria can be corrupt but dey dont take law for granted

being IG does not stop him from eating beans wit his fellow nigerians he as sent there.
bros..i go give you my grandma make u marry for dis wonderful post.can't wait to be your inlaw
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Ahmeduana(m): 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
agarawu23:
A F e d e r a l High Court sitting in Abuja yes­terday gave legal backings moves by the Speaker of the House of Repre­sentatives, source : http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=93177
COURT DEY SEAT ON SATURDAYS? apc supporters make una answer!
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by holatin(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

If I had known you write and think this badly, I wouldn't have even quoted your post. You are such a failure and bloody riffraff
call me names, but I want change for this country an end to terrorism and corruption this presence regime is propagating.
one last word for you
ask yourself
can the IG be pulling those stunt without a Blackman.
bye
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Ajascolove(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mogidi:

No wahala bro, the story is indeed false, the courts are not sending the IGP to prison.
Okay now, sweet dreams.
"While refusing the ex-parte application which was moved yesterday by counsel to the plaintiffs, Prince Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, ordered that the IGP should be put on notice of the case against him to enable him to prepare his defence."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/jonathan-still-recognise-speaker-tambuwal-tells-court/#sthash.HM643QxL.dpuf
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by tit(f): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
paragon40:
that is why we have a minister of justice and a president. even though jonathan is a member of the pdp, dont forget he has some constitutional duty to perform if the I.G go against the law he will be removed...by the president.

some mumus are just so fool of themselves.
they will fall like humpty-dumpty.
Insha Allahu!
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Pataki: 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
So the Aso Rock houseboy is going to jail possibly?

I sure hope so! undecided
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by successking: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
ladymichael:

There was a time in the political terrain of Federal Republic of Nigeria, where some disgruntled averred that a division existed in PDP and a Federal High court cleared the air.

Tambuwal has ceased to be a member of the House at his defection by virtue of section 63 g.

He has pitched his tent in the camp of the critics who will remain a toothless dog in area of governance in Nigeria.
Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by kinkymax: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Aktor365:
I wish this guy could just become the president . Abi
I wish dis guy could Jst become the prisoner.Abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

INEC Declares Seriake Dickson Winner Of Bayelsa Election / Many Injured As ‘MC Oluomo’ Loyalists, NURTW Clash In Lagos / #osundecides2022: Jubilation In Osogbo As PDP Wins Polling Units

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.