Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? (26633 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 25, 2014
THE Bible does not tell us when Jesus was born. However, it does give us sound reason to conclude that his birth did not take place in December.

Consider the weather conditions at that time of the year in Bethlehem, where Jesus was born. The Jewish month of Chislev (corresponding to November/December) was a month with cold and rainy weather. The month after that was Tebeth (December/January). It saw the lowest temperatures of the year, with occasional snows in the highlands. Let us see what the Bible tells us about the climate of that region.

The Bible writer Ezra shows that Chislev was indeed a month known for cold and rainy weather. After stating that a crowd had gathered in Jerusalem “in the ninth month [Chislev] on the twentieth day of the month,” Ezra reports that people were “shivering . . . on account of the showers of rain.” Concerning weather conditions at that time of the year, the congregated people themselves said: “It is the season of showers of rain, and it is not possible to stand outside.” (Ezra 10:9, 13; Jeremiah 36:22) No wonder shepherds living in that part of the world made sure that they and their flocks were no longer out of doors at night when December came around!

The Bible reports, however, that shepherds were in the fields tending their flocks on the night of Jesus’ birth. In fact, the Bible writer Luke shows that at that time, shepherds were “living out of doors and keeping watches in the night over their flocks” near Bethlehem. (Luke 2:8-12) Notice that the shepherds were actually living out of doors, not just strolling outside during the day. They had their flocks in the fields at night. Does that description of outdoor living fit the chilly and rainy weather conditions of Bethlehem in December? No, it does not. So the circumstances surrounding Jesus’ birth indicate that he was not born in December.a

God’s Word tells us precisely when Jesus died, but it gives little direct indication as to when he was born. This brings to mind King Solomon’s words: “A name is better than good oil, and the day of death than the day of one’s being born.” (Ecclesiastes 7:1) It is not surprising, then, that the Bible provides many details about Jesus’ ministry and death but few details about the time of his birth.

Adapted from the book what does the bible really teach

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by ChikezieU(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2014
malvisguy212:
no one know the exact date but the bible is clear, we should celebrate God gift to us.bible record show God himself celebrate the first christmas.

By his grace I will soon open a thread about christmas.
nah lie prove ur words

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by SHOCK7(m): 7:47am On Dec 25, 2014
malvisguy212:
no one know the exact date but the bible is clear, we should celebrate God gift to us.bible record show God himself celebrate the first christmas.

By his grace I will soon open a thread about christmas.
Complete B.S,God never did!Christmas has it's origin 4rom a pagan celebration known as d "saturnia",dat period roman pagan celebrated d" birth of d new sun"
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by mizzy007(m): 7:48am On Dec 25, 2014
NO he ws nt born in december! Remember he ws born in a menger n 4 mary n joseph 2 have seen space in d menger dat night it mins d animals where outside. We all know how snow disturbs humans nt 2 tlk of animals. Dis simple analogy will tel u dat christ was nt born in december. Den what christains celebrate 2day as christmas originated frm a pegan worship. In other 2 gain more christ followers d church den strted celebratin wit dos pegan worshippers. And dis ws a celebration dat involved heavy drinking n sexual immorality(dis explains y till 2day christmas period invloves high level of sexual immorality n heavy alcohol intake) so in conclusion a true christain shld nt celebrate christs birth d same day a pegan god z bein celebrated! N let us knw dat christ mandated us 2 remember his death(do dis in remembrance of me) not his birth. Just imagine easther period n compare it wit wat happns in christmas period u'll see dat ppl appear more holy during easther dan durin christmas. Let us not join d devil in mocking God! Dz is purely a pegan worship
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by clemz88(m): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2014
haffaze777:
sorry to disappoint u cos Jesus wasn't born
don't be a coward.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by yoged(m): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2014
Jesus christ himself never celebrate his own birthday, and his disciples didn't even do it then why should we started celebrating it coz I didn't see it in the Bible. OhHh, why didn't we started celebrating when he was baptised and when he descended to heaven as well.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by buJu234: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Wether it's March September November or December that's not my concern.. as far una cook rice and chicken plus beer or malt am fine.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by jsam2k5: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
hun?

1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Adwexky(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2014
This is your opinion - Curtailed understanding to the things of Christ.
haffaze777:
sorry to disappoint u cos Jesus wasn't born
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by jameeel: 7:57am On Dec 25, 2014
johnydon22:
its march, no its september, no no no you are wrong its october, no na its december and so it goes on and on. why dont y'all say its in all the month of the year that will be better. . . when will people learn to say "I Dont Know"
SHIKENAN
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by imisi2014: 7:57am On Dec 25, 2014
no

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Xmas remains a mystery....im celebratin dho
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by adamskutty(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2014
Hahaha!

Pls enlighten me o, people.

Where was it stated in the bible that u should celebrate christmas?

Do the word "christmas" even exist in the bible? cheesy
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by mizvee(f): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2014
Its just set aside to celebrate His birth.
OLAADEGBU:
Was Jesus born on December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' birthday? How did December 25 get chosen as the day to celebrate the birth of Jesus?

- http://www.gotquestions.org/December-25.html
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by veraiyke(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2014
Historical,scriptural,climatic n genealogical evidences points to some time in October as Christ month of birth hence April his death month vin lived for 33 n half years on earth. Readn Luke itself shows clearly wen Christ was born if one is to follow d office of priesthood officiation as enunciated by David in 2Chron. 24. World all over affirm dat John d baptist was 6mnths older dan Christ. N dat he(John) was born in April. Simple Mathematics tels us to add 6mnths n den arrive at wen Christ would ve bn born. Climatic feature of Palestine in dtime of Christ n now shows dat d later prt of October to December mst xpecialy is very cold n at such sherpherds n der flocks r not outside bcox of cold. Compare Jere. 33v 22(living bible for beta understandn).
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
That guy above me nailed it....and that babe who wrote march is basically assumption by some scholars,august is way out of it but the TRUTH is no jesus was born...pope Julius the first of the catholic church came up with the december 25th fairy tale and martin luther king dad came up with the Xmas tree while,British successful business men came up with annual carnival which is now christmas carol,I spend at least 2hours everyday studying to know all of these.
Its such a pity dat with all dis yur 1million hours of studying u cnt even answer a simple question ryt...ur answer to the questn is no HE wasn't born as such the date is a make believe ...den u. Shld simply tell us why u tink HE wasn't born and nt how the celebration date and arrangements were imposed...
You claim to study and read please explain to us why u feel dat he wasn't born with quotations and facts(just like others who said did) and stop tellin us frm tins taught out frm yur very own imaginations...
Need I remind u that knowledge acquired is more to level of assimmilation than time spent
The bible makes me to understand dat JESUS was born but was nt specific as regards the tym...various religious scholars ve come out to say around sept but no specific date...so MR pls educate us...I really do wana learn

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by adamskutty(m): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2014
mizzy007:
NO he ws nt born in december! Remember he ws born in a menger n 4 mary n joseph 2 have seen space in d menger dat night it mins d animals where outside. We all know how snow disturbs humans nt 2 tlk of animals. Dis simple analogy will tel u dat christ was nt born in december. Den what christains celebrate 2day as christmas originated frm a pegan worship. In other 2 gain more christ followers d church den strted celebratin wit dos pegan worshippers. And dis ws a celebration dat involved heavy drinking n sexual immorality(dis explains y till 2day christmas period invloves high level of sexual immorality n heavy alcohol intake) so in conclusion a true christain shld nt celebrate christs birth d same day a pegan god z bein celebrated! N let us knw dat christ mandated us 2 remember his death(do dis in remembrance of me) not his birth. Just imagine easther period n compare it wit wat happns in christmas period u'll see dat ppl appear more holy during easther dan durin christmas. Let us not join d devil in mocking God! Dz is purely a pegan worship
you lot are very confused people

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Wisdytech(m): 8:03am On Dec 25, 2014
Hmmmmmm! 25th December is satanic please deceased from it! Celebrate it not, TRUE CHRISTIANS
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Mcowubaba: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
That guy above me nailed it....and that babe who wrote march is basically assumption by some scholars,august is way out of it but the TRUTH is no jesus was born...pope Julius the first of the catholic church came up with the december 25th fairy tale and martin luther king dad came up with the Xmas tree while,British successful business men came up with annual carnival which is now christmas carol,I spend at least 2hours everyday studying to know all of these.
Merry Christmas bro...there is still time for u to Believe nd be saved...God ble$$ u...
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by boloase(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2014
Why is the day Jesus was born causing so much unrest among christians. If u guys arent sure, why not ask him, afterall of you claim he speaks to you.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Kayczz: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2014
Maamin:
Jesus was not born on Dec.25th...he was born in the month of Tishri in the hebrew calendar which will be around september 11th to be precise in the gregorian calendar we have today. on the 4th B.C

very funny none of u no when Jesus was born..... but all know how Jesus look unh ?
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by johnydon22(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2014
Raiders:
stop allowing the white people deceive you. Jesus christ is not white but was a black man. The people of Egypt and Israel were blacks. Black is the first race and the mother of all races
hahahahahaha Dude u funny die... abeg stop dont kill me grin
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 25, 2014
Happy Xmas to my xtian brothers...
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by midetinz(m): 8:19am On Dec 25, 2014
Confusion everywhere like ojuelegba junction. Another confusion point: in his cruxifiction(if ANY) were the hands nailed sideways or upward? S.M.H
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Royalprestidge(m): 8:21am On Dec 25, 2014
My people perish for lack of wisdom; Christ birth, death and resurrection is what should be celebrated everyday through preaching the gospel, living holy and separated life unto God and serving God in fear and honour. Observing just one day for this good gesture of God towards mankind is not enough. I pray God open our understanding more.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by anonimi: 8:22am On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:

The same way we are told that the sacrificial death to save Ife by Oluorogbo, Moremi's son is also a fairy tale.
To each society its own myths & fairy tales.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by godwinhos(m): 8:24am On Dec 25, 2014
gatiano:
Jeremiah
10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

but dnt u guys tink dat if God wanted jesus birthday to b celebrated he wud hav made de day known?.... jesus live on earth for 33yrs but nat for one day did he celebrate his birthday cos it wasnt important.....25 of december was set aside by pagans to celebrate dia gods...but since xtianity was fast declining in de world the catholic hav to call de pagan to convert to xtians for de pagan to accept it 25 of december hav to be adopted by de catholic

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by darkjorse: 8:28am On Dec 25, 2014
No he wasn't born on December 25, this is no news. every Christian knows that. he was born around October ending or November beginning. Abeg Google and don't ask this stupid question again.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by mediachirps(m): 8:29am On Dec 25, 2014
seyisolu:
Christ lived for 33.5 years.
Let's say he was born in December. This means he reached his 33 years in December. Now let's count 6 months, we will land on June. Unfortunately, easter or the celebration of Christ's birth is not always done in June but April. Now let's count 6 months from October,we will definitely land in April. Therefore, christ was no born in December but October.
The God's Kingdom Society(GKS) has been preaching the truth about the date of Christ birth.
We do not know the exact day but the month is now known. Thank God for this revelation through Saint G.M.Urhobo, the instrument God Almighty used to found the GKS.
it pays to fear God.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Agent8706(m): 8:35am On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
I must commend your vast knowledge but it seems to me you read only half the side, you need to balance your knowledge before you make conclusions bro! I'll advise you expand you research to early greek and aramaic literatures, the ones BC and the early ADs, works of the likes of Josephus and plato and some deep theological stuffs before you conclude He was never born! You don't want me talking about the dead sea scrolls and the Mosaic scripts....please do a lot more research. And guys don't let anyone deceive you, JESUS was but wasn't born on 25th December. Its just a began date adopted a long time ago 325AD by Constantine.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by luvprince4real(m): 8:35am On Dec 25, 2014
seyisolu:
Christ lived for 33.5 years.
Let's say he was born in December. This means he reached his 33 years in December. Now let's count 6 months, we will land on June. Unfortunately, easter or the celebration of Christ's birth is not always done in June but April. Now let's count 6 months from October,we will definitely land in April. Therefore, christ was no born in December but October.
The God's Kingdom Society(GKS) has been preaching the truth about the date of Christ birth.
We do not know the exact day but the month is now known. Thank God for this revelation through Saint G.M.Urhobo, the instrument God Almighty used to found the GKS.
Hail Jehovah and Jesus Christ.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 25, 2014
godwinhos:
but dnt u guys tink dat if God wanted jesus birthday to b celebrated he wud hav made de day known?.... jesus live on earth for 33yrs but nat for one day did he celebrate his birthday cos it wasnt important.....25 of december was set aside by pagans to celebrate dia gods...but since xtianity was fast declining in de world the catholic hav to call de pagan to convert to xtians for de pagan to accept it 25 of december hav to be adopted by de catholic
So oga if yur father spends soo much tym caterin for the family as such forgets his bday...u guys wudnt do that for him ryt?...can u hear yursef tuk..Christ has more important tins such as winning spiritual battles for us so its up to us to do such as dis even if we aint specific we ve set a date wich is not a bad tin to do....and its outta our very own weakness dat man didn't remeber the day he was born and nt cos God didn't want us to....abii God go force us to remeber dat one....did God force yur mother to remeber the day uwere born...and pls dis yur trash abt cathoiics and pegans shld stop ....u pple shld stop tryin to confused pple with yur confused factless tuk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Jesus Delivered Me From Wet Dreams. : The Aftermath Of Masturbating : Part:1 / Surprise Book Presentation On Pastor Adeboye In Pix With AgPresident, OBJ / Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.