Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? (26649 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Flairoqy(m): 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hmmm. Hmmm. calendar dey during Jesus time? Joseph get time to check calendar? i just dey reason tho.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by dein77(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
Summary: Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

THREAD CLOSED.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by tmosco(m): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
It not d day dat matters but d reason.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by sukkot: 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
[b]Jesus was not born on December 25th. Jesus is the spirit of God. Jesus is the word of God. not a human being. when it says Jesus is born, that means the spirit of God was resurrected again on earth. Christ consciousness . and this date like every other date is calculated celestially with numerology. we have the date of the feast of tabernacles, feast of yom kippur, Passover, feast of unleavened bread and feast of trumpets. they are all calculated with numerology. these are not exact dates but numerology-representation dates. for example when that Christ spirit returns to earth again then everyone will be in unity with God. unity is the number one . now there are only ten months in a year with God and that is march to December. January and February was recently added. so that makes December the tenth month and in numerology the number 0 is irrelevant so the month of December is one which means unity with God, so it is at this month that unity symbolically will be established meaning the rebirth of his spirit on earth. now the date 25, in numerology we bring numbers down to singles. 2 times 5 is ten. ten is one because like i said the number 0 is irrelevant. one is unity with God. and this is how the symbolic attachment of DEC 25 was associated with the rebirth of the Christ consciousness aka birth of Jesus. so the dates are symbolic representations / numerology[/b]

rev 19 vs 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Horlufemi(m): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
itsmeBlessed:
This is funny. So ppl has been celebrating devil all ds years n are certain of it. U should change ur sense of reasoning guys. Look for d truth, search for d truth, know d truth ,accept d truth n follow up d truth,Qur'an teaches. ALLAH is ever faithful.

Quran only teaches us to kill who don't worship it (Allah). Jesus Christ carries more truth.

Islam is built on lies upon lies of a narcissist who believes in his own lies.

Any religion that doesn't allow you to ask questions is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by mhisskel(f): 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
simpleseyi:
You Christians should all stop these unnecessary arguments about when and if Jesus was born. You just make we Muslims laugh at you. It is becoming clearer everyday that there was never a Jesus. I am not denigrating any religion, just saying my mind.

Ur no better....ur uncles d Bokos re proclaiming d name of Allah for u in d way dey tynk s d bst... So wat does dat tell us bout Islam
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
yep first off bro....The ali and simbi you read back in school,did it happen in reality or fabricated fictions....now if scholars have come out to postulate different dates for a single man been born,why is it difficult to figure out the original date till today given the fact that some part of the world uses gregorian calender now how do we correlate our type of date to that of the gregorian calender and still figure out the correct jesus birth date...lol I quess you confused already now that's what religion do,confusion,contradictions and gossip at it worst!!!
Confused with this trash...u re only confusing yursef the more...does pry work book has any relatnship with the bible?...pls go and reat with yur baseless points...wen u ve facrts u let me knw...
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by intergral(m): 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
asala1:

The article you quoted is the lamest article I have ever seen in my entire life. Did you read it at all before posting here?
this is trying to show you that christians don't do research on their religion, how will you celebrate something you are not sure of? Let me tell you the plain truth because I don't care if you insult me but take the bible and the Qur'an read both of them cloSely do some research on your own ask questions and see if you do not convert to islam or loose your faith............ I was once a christian

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
Agent8706:

Thanks brother. It just hurts me how people get led away by what they read without giving thoughts to way they read. Happy Christmas
Merry xmas to u too brother....enjoy yur celebrations and all d best in life....
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
ife4luv21:

yes, I am a jw

Okay, you don't know the date of birth. I'd like to know, what exactly is pagan in christmas, is it the colour red or green, or decoration, or eating rice and chicken?
I'll give one Bible perspective though.
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
keep living in lie thinking jesus was born today me I was born sept 27 too,only difference is I'm real and typing this but your phony jesus is fake and doesn't even know if he's been celebrated today
With this response frm u its obvious u can't even read well....cos no one has said jesus was born today and we all know d date aint accurate but His existence which u re confusingly disputing is what we re askin u to explain further and tryin to educate u cos u knw nothin abt the bible...oga try anothe field cos ure a damn failure in religion...u re obviously a damn ishmelite...
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by intergral(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
mhisskel:

Ur no better....ur uncles d Bokos re proclaiming d name of Allah for u in d way dey tynk s d bst... So wat does dat tell us bout Islam
I am a muslim and I have a bible that I read almost every day, Infact what I know in the bible even your pastor can't challenge me. Have you ever done any research on islam? Take the bible and the quran read them closely , do some research ask questions and see if you do not loose your faith or convert to islam.......... Jihad in islam which you claim is what the boko haram uses is referd to the period when muslims where being kill I macca before the religion was accept so the have to fight back........ Have every thought of the christian crusade? Where they kill people in order to convert them to christians? Or do you think the way the europeans brought christianity to nigeria is the same way it was spread all over the world........... Please do some research even with you phone we are in the digital age

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by asala1: 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
intergral:
this is trying to show you that christians don't do research on their religion, how will you celebrate something you are not sure of? Let me tell you the plain truth because I don't care if you insult me but take the bible and the Qur'an read both of them cloSely do some research on your own ask questions and see if you do not convert to islam or loose your faith............ I was once a christian
Guy! I wasn't referring to your post.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by intergral(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
rufdyamond:

With this response frm u its obvious u can't even read well....cos no one has said jesus was born today and we all know d date aint accurate but His existence which u re confusingly disputing is what we re askin u to explain further and tryin to educate u cos u knw nothin abt the bible...oga try anothe field cos ure a damn failure in religion...u re obviously a damn ishmelite...
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
rufdyamond:

You as dumb as that spot in your brain that accepts religion
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Expsbterror(m): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
Was Jesus born on December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' birthday? How did December 25 get chosen as the day to celebrate the birth of Jesus?

- http://www.gotquestions.org/December-25.html

No I Wld say b he wasn't born 25tDec

Reason is because according to the carol and story "while shephards watched their flocks by'night'" , telling us that the Xmas period was a time where it was convenient to graze at night. In other words the sky is so well illuminated at night that d flocks and domestic animals wldnt want to return to d shed. As a result of the illumination. This is contrary to the time "25th Dec" which Xmas is actually celebrated. The period of 25th Dec is known for a weather with snow in most regions and in Nigeria with the harmattan. Which is does not favor midnight grazing(which was d activity during the birth of Christ.)
Researchers have tried to see a period in our climate that suits dat of birth of Christ(ie bright nights) and have come to a logical derivation that the month of october-november Fitz it.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
Mcowubaba:
Ancient word pure and true changing me and changing you(BIBLE)...study wat exactly..useless theologies and idealogies written by fools..(a fool says in his heart that there is no God..psalms 14)..i am mentally free and happy to have known Jesus Christ...being an Atheist will lead you to condemnation...turn to Jesus, worship HE is ever ready to forgive u.....this msg will testify as a witness to you...on the Judgement DAY...remain blessed my broda....
Keep fu€k1ng with a gay called jesus,thumb up
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
chib4true:
are u alryt?
Go ask your dumb God that question cus he controls you mindset for you to come type thrash like that
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by adeiza4u(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
malvisguy212:
no one know the exact date but the bible is clear, we should celebrate God gift to us.bible record show God himself celebrate the first christmas.

By his grace I will soon open a thread about christmas.
please sir, I'm patiently waiting for such thread. Want to be enlighten about this very question and if possible, Bible references should be included sir thanks.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Flairoqy(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
mhisskel:

Bruh if only you could look deeper than you see! Unsure conclusion is evil. if you want to clearify Islam read the translated Quran alone without the help if anybody before concluding... i promise you there's no way what shekau said was in anyway a truth. ciao!
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Seye25(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
haffaze777:
sorry to disappoint u cos Jesus wasn't born
then who raise me from the dead when I died 14years ago. I woke up when I heard his name JESUS. Sorry bro, it's a pity that you are wrong...you only disappointed yourself
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Flairoqy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
undecidedbrothers do I have to worship Jesus before i become a true Christian? Jesus is the son of God as said but used to spread the gospel of God to people going astray. but due to miraculous signs and wonders, his followers were ignorant of his maker and now serve Jesus. instead of God the creator of heaven and earth to receive the prayers of his people. a
All the prayers are now dedicated to Jesus Christ his vessel of honor. the bible said God is a jealous God, what do y'all think? instead of "in the name of our lord/almighty God" its otherwise.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by michealese: 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
Jesus was not born in December 25 & there no record in bible where early Christains celebrated his birthday. Jesus command his disciples to celebrate his death and not his birth.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by malvisguy212: 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
adeiza4u:
please sir, I'm patiently waiting for such thread. Want to be enlighten about this very question and if possible, Bible references should be included sir thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/2042382/why-christians-should-celebrate-christmas.not
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by malvisguy212: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
michealese:
Jesus was not born in December 25 & there no record in bible where early Christains celebrated his birthday. Jesus command his disciples to celebrate his death and not his birth.
if the heavenly host and angels should celebrate the announcement of Christ birth, who are we not to celebrate it?
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by DaBullIT(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
SlyCharlie:

a bit of correction...the 25th of december was nt calculated, rather it was adopted by emperor constantine when he was converted to christianinty. he did this to replace the festival of the "new sun", which was a pagan celebration popular in those times, and it was celebrated on the 25 day of december.
so the pope quickly gave his blessings to the new date, sensing that many new converts would be gotten.

I read something about that too. However there's different info concerning 25th. As such I'll say thanks for your opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by basketbrain(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Make una no bother una self with things wey una no get control over! Enjoy even if na feb 14 e no concern me!
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by bams2999(m): 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
no jesus is no bron on 25 dec,
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by haffaze777(m): 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
Seye25:
then who raise me from the dead when I died 14years ago. I woke up when I heard his name JESUS. Sorry bro, it's a pity that you are wrong...you only disappointed yourself

u mean u died wen u were 14years old?try to die again now perhaps his name will wake u up again gringringrincheesycheesy
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by naira0(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
This date of 25th December is very wrong. It rather has a Roman Catholic undertone which makes people worship an unknown god without even knowing it.
I'll stop so far...
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Wisdytech(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
imisi2014:
pls edit ur post "DESIST" is the right spelling

thnk u
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
That guy above me nailed it....and that babe who wrote march is basically assumption by some scholars,august is way out of it but the TRUTH is no jesus was born...pope Julius the first of the catholic church came up with the december 25th fairy tale and martin luther king dad came up with the Xmas tree while,British successful business men came up with annual carnival which is now christmas carol,I spend at least 2hours everyday studying to know all of these.
whao! You are really a scholar.maybe you should spend the 2hours on studing where you'll end up after your death...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope / Pst. Kingsley Dismissed Claims That Jesus Is Against Divorced Persons Remarrying / Police Detain House On The Rock's Pastor Uche Aigbe For Preaching With AK-47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.