Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? (26631 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 25, 2014
Was Jesus born on december 25? NO. undecided

A lot of Christians know that.

But that won't stop me from enjoying this turkey and all the fun.

Merry christmas y'all! kiss kiss
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by imisi2014: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2014
Wisdytech:
Hmmmmmm! 25th December is satanic please deceased from it! Celebrate it not, TRUE CHRISTIANS
pls edit ur post "DESIST" is the right spelling
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 25, 2014
Agent8706:

I must commend your vast knowledge but it seems to me you read only half the side, you need to balance your knowledge before you make conclusions bro! I'll advise you expand you research to early greek and aramaic literatures, the ones BC and the early ADs, works of the likes of Josephus and plato and some deep theological stuffs before you conclude He was never born! You don't want me talking about the dead sea scrolls and the Mosaic scripts....please do a lot more research. And guys don't let anyone deceive you, JESUS was but wasn't born on 25th December. Its just a began date adopted a long time ago 325AD by Constantine.
Nice ...but pls don't commend pples trash..the guy u quoted has nt read a tin ..he knws nothing...if u re indeed a good scholar of a particulr field just by the way u address an ish pple don't need u to tell den u read a lot b4 they knw it demselves, an example is the way u ve quoted books and tyms ....what has he quoted other than telling us he reads alot....if person read papa ajasco and frnds him go come tuk abt science...nonsense....am so ashamed of dose pple dat have liked that piece of trash frm him it soo tells how gullible we re...its a pity
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by wtfCode: 8:45am On Dec 25, 2014
from google research, he was born on october.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by emmahoney(m): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2014
This issue should no longer be discussed.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by DaBullIT(m): 8:46am On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
That guy above me nailed it....and that babe who wrote march is basically assumption by some scholars,august is way out of it but the TRUTH is no jesus was born...pope Julius the first of the catholic church came up with the december 25th fairy tale and martin luther king dad came up with the Xmas tree while,British successful business men came up with annual carnival which is now christmas carol,I spend at least 2hours everyday studying to know all of these.

I need to be clear on your response, are you saying Jesus did not exist /
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by DaBullIT(m): 8:48am On Dec 25, 2014
gatiano:
nobody knows the exact date except for Joseph and Mary, because the Jews and herold wanted him dead/killing the new born male babies. Jesus was born between the first and the second week of september. exact date, nobody knows.

That's a pretty reasonable answer, i like it , and mind you , Jewish/Hebrew calender slightly differs according to the scrolls , perhaps that's the reason why they calculated the date as 25th, 1000 likes for you
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Empiree: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Of all prophets and messagers of God, none of them Date Of Birth (DOB) is known except the last of them all, the blessed of prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessing be upon him and his household). Every thing else is guess work.

Anyways, enjoy your "eld xmas". Let me remind you that xmas is celebrated on January 9th or 10th in Eastern Europe i:e orthodox christianity.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2014
DaBullIT:

I need to be clear on your response, are you saying Jesus did not exist /
jesus only exist in the mind of people who accept religion
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 25, 2014
Agent8706:

I must commend your vast knowledge but it seems to me you read only half the side, you need to balance your knowledge before you make conclusions bro! I'll advise you expand you research to early greek and aramaic literatures, the ones BC and the early ADs, works of the likes of Josephus and plato and some deep theological stuffs before you conclude He was never born! You don't want me talking about the dead sea scrolls and the Mosaic scripts....please do a lot more research. And guys don't let anyone deceive you, JESUS was but wasn't born on 25th December. Its just a began date adopted a long time ago 325AD by Constantine.
you somewhat logical but lemme break your back bone with this,your bible don't got one single date to back up this date you put out on here.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

The same way we are told that the sacrificial death to save Ife by Oluorogbo, Moremi's son is also a fairy tale.
To each society its own myths & fairy tales.
salute bro,you think!!!

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by malvisguy212: 9:03am On Dec 25, 2014
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Ghost01(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2014
Was there ever an historical Jesus?
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 25, 2014
Mcowubaba:
Merry Christmas bro...there is still time for u to Believe nd be saved...God ble$$ u...
sadden christmas bro...there is still time for you to study and get mentally free why? Because your life is the only satisfaction ever written in a book called bible
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by godwinhos(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2014
SHOCK7:

Complete B.S,God never did!Christmas has it's origin 4rom a pagan celebration known as d "saturnia",dat period roman pagan celebrated d" birth of d new sun"
truth
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by grandstar(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2014
the bible says that shepherds were out with their flocks at night. that will not be possible in december as it will be too cold. it is believed to be in october. december 25 was chosen to replace a festival for the rebirth of the sun-saturnalia
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by walexsho(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2014
haffaze777:
sorry to disappoint u cos Jesus wasn't born

He fell from the sky? A spade is a spade and not walking stick, he actually came out through the Virgina, where urine comes out and therefore was born. Its only Adam and his wife who were not given birth to
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by malvisguy212: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2014
SHOCK7:

Complete B.S,God never did!Christmas has it's origin 4rom a pagan celebration known as d "saturnia",dat period roman pagan celebrated d" birth of d new sun"
biblical evidence prove as God send the
angels to announce the birth of jesus
,there was great joy in heaven,they
celebrate birth of jesus;
Luke2:13-14 '' Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host
appeared with the angel, praising God
and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom. his favor rests.”
How do you celebrate a fest? Is it not by praising and glorified God?

Although no one is certain of the date or time but the bible is clear, any day you set aside to worship God you should do it for God.
Romans 14:5-6.5 One person considers one day more
sacred than another; another considers
every day alike. Each of them should be
fully convinced in their own mind. 6
Whoever regards one day as special does
so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does
so to the Lord, for they give thanks to
God; and whoever abstains does so to
the Lord and gives thanks to God.

All your claims that Christmas is a has a pagan origin are people who are enemy of God trying to deceive the elect.
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2014
rufdyamond:

Its such a pity dat with all dis yur 1million hours of studying u cnt even answer a simple question ryt...ur answer to the questn is no HE wasn't born as such the date is a make believe ...den u. Shld simply tell us why u tink HE wasn't born and nt how the celebration date and arrangements were imposed...
You claim to study and read please explain to us why u feel dat he wasn't born with quotations and facts(just like others who said did) and stop tellin us frm tins taught out frm yur very own imaginations...
Need I remind u that knowledge acquired is more to level of assimmilation than time spent
The bible makes me to understand dat JESUS was born but was nt specific as regards the tym...various religious scholars ve come out to say around sept but no specific date...so MR pls educate us...I really do wana learn
yep first off bro....The ali and simbi you read back in school,did it happen in reality or fabricated fictions....now if scholars have come out to postulate different dates for a single man been born,why is it difficult to figure out the original date till today given the fact that some part of the world uses gregorian calender now how do we correlate our type of date to that of the gregorian calender and still figure out the correct jesus birth date...lol I quess you confused already now that's what religion do,confusion,contradictions and gossip at it worst!!!
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Jamie1360(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2014
He's right no one knows the exact month
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2014
Must we always discuss this??
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 25, 2014
No he was not
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Callfubu(m): 9:27am On Dec 25, 2014
No one knows when Christ was born, all these deductions will take us nowhere, bearing in mind that the most secret things belong to God. Dec 25th is not a mystery, it is a time and date that man chose to celebrate Christ and the world has accepted the date generally. I don't know what the fuss is about. I just see it as a day when we celebrate Christ by preaching the gospel and showing love to your neighbors and the less privileged
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2014
Same old question!
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Frenchkiss564: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
That guy above me nailed it....and that babe who wrote march is basically assumption by some scholars,august is way out of it but the TRUTH is no jesus was born...pope Julius the first of the catholic church came up with the december 25th fairy tale and martin luther king dad came up with the Xmas tree while,British successful business men came up with annual carnival which is now christmas carol,I spend at least 2hours everyday studying to know all of these.
santa claus cloth was originally blue coca cola changed it to red
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2014
The celebration of Christmas reminds me of a celebration the Israelite had, after crossing the red sea. They built a caf out of gold, and celebrated it, even renaming it ''a celebration to the LORD''. Yet God rejected it, cos it was pagan and can never be acceptable to God. December 25 is the day for the Roman Satunalia. Emperor Constantine, just like the Isrealite, decided to give a pagan celebration a Christian name, though the practices and customs, remained the same. It's not had to see what God's view on the matter is.

Some have said that God celebrated the first Christmas. But i ask: why didnt God continue to celebrate christmas every other year of Jesus' life? Why didnt God state the date clearly so that we can continue the celebration? Why didnt Jesus talk about or even celebrate his own birthday? Why didnt his early apostles and disciples celebrate it.?

Jesus stated clearly how he wished to be remember. In Luke 22:19 he stated what his disciples should do.

The facts about Christmas are clear, both scipturally and secularly (history). Any who chooses to celebrate Christmas should know in full what they re celebrating and if they wish to continue, are free to do so. But any who wishes not to, after considering all the facts, should be left alone and not viewed an ''un-christian''
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Agent8706(m): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2014
rufdyamond:

Nice ...but pls don't commend pples trash..the guy u quoted has nt read a tin ..he knws nothing...if u re indeed a good scholar of a particulr field just by the way u address an ish pple don't need u to tell den u read a lot b4 they knw it demselves, an example is the way u ve quoted books and tyms ....what has he quoted other than telling us he reads alot....if person read papa ajasco and frnds him go come tuk abt science...nonsense....am so ashamed of dose pple dat have liked that piece of trash frm him it soo tells how gullible we re...its a pity
Thanks brother. It just hurts me how people get led away by what they read without giving thoughts to way they read. Happy Christmas
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Agent8706(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2014
aaronson:
you somewhat logical but lemme break your back bone with this,your bible don't got one single date to back up this date you put out on here.
Let's assume you didn't read my comment at all before quoting me, please re-read it again, the answer to your arguments is right there, @rufdyamond was right after all about you.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 25, 2014
Agent8706:

Let's assume you didn't read my comment at all before quoting me, please re-read it again, the answer to your arguments is right there, @rufdyamond was right after all about you.
keep living in lie thinking jesus was born today me I was born sept 27 too,only difference is I'm real and typing this but your phony jesus is fake and doesn't even know if he's been celebrated today
Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by sucre2(m): 10:10am On Dec 25, 2014
You guys should provide biblical reference to the day he was born and not assumption

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? by mustymatic(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2014
I just dey observe...Christians and their contradictions sef...na waa ooo...they cant agree on one simple fake task...yet they accuse other religions of troubles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? / How Jesus Delivered Me From Wet Dreams. : The Aftermath Of Masturbating : Part:1 / Surprise Book Presentation On Pastor Adeboye In Pix With AgPresident, OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.