Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (230996 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
Amujale:

I agree with the spirit of your post, in a way education can be said to evolve out of religion. I totally get that.

Western eductaion produced manufactured religion.

In actual fact, African spirituality is that which brought about religion.

Religion can aswell be defined as the mimicking of African philosophical concepts.

All manufactured religions are malicious imitations of African spirituality. i.e Abrahamic, Greek, Red Indian, Roman, Summerian e.t.c
Thank you for seeing in "spirit" instead of being stuck on the words. Not many do.

Malicious intent might apply to those who were olodos in class and learnt to believe and through their lack of understanding teach that which profit not, even intentionally. Not everyone pays attention so we can not all reason equally.

All religions are the manufactures of human reason. We look around us and need to find reason for, and, what to call all that which we see. Religion is what it becomes where we learn how it all has been seen. And from the knowledge gained from religion, which is learning to see as things have been seen, do we too learn to look and see for ourselves, which is an outcome of religion, or in Christianspeak, the Kingdom of God.

You might want to ask me what that is, so I better confess that I do not know, yet, and that's why I refer to it as such. For every time I've thought I cracked it I find myself on the very edge of whatever I cracked, my understanding always being tiny and miniscule.

Amujale:

Most of the narratives peddled by the above religions incoporate into their text various adaptations of our continental iconic characters and philosophical concepts.
Which "most" of us would be completely ignorant about otherwise, and in a country that has decided to keep people in the dark by not teaching us history!

I thank whatever it is that made it possible to incorporate the adaptations of our continental iconic characters and philosophical concepts into various texts and narratives peddled by the above religions to me. I might have been much less capable of using my mind and might likely just believe.

Amujale:
Although the Abrahamic religions are mainly known for these type of West Asian and Eurocentric practises due to the fact that they took their exploitation of intellectual property to a whole new level.
"Mainly known" by whom, Amujale? Are we all as blessed to see and reason as you do?

For fear of repetition of my level of gratitude, please insert "exploitation" in last paragraph last section.

Amujale:
The authors of Abrahamic religious text demonised the source of their copied continental philosophies and bastardise the content.
I think you throw the baby and the bath water away and even bulldoze the entire house!

There was, or rather, we read that there was a battle in heaven and a battle in the Garden of Eden to name two. Should we therefore not reason that there must have been a battle over every Word God is alledged to have written? One should at least first do some
of 1013's "intellectually robust and unequivocally honest" before coming to such a belief, I would think.

Take the Garden of Eden for instance. Have you tried switching the two major characters around? They all just words after all, and who's to say no one meddled with them a little, you said so yourself, repeatedly, so why not treat it like the jigaw puzzle it is and put humpty dumpty together again? I find jigsaws to be as a bone to me dog and chew and chew and chew so I get the picture.

Amujale:
What most of us dont realise is the fact that most African philosphies are amongst the only verifiable religioussic concepts in living history; and are universally considered as a part of true history.
"Most", and not "all", as some chose to believe. Thankfully, proper, shall I say, atheists, consider the evidence before them so as to actually know. Though I see most agnostically seeking for evidence, so they don't know and merely believe just as theists do. Funny how they scream "strawman" because one refuses to communicate on straw level.

Here is Something Old, Something New, amu.

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
budaatum:

"Mainly known" by whom....

All the Abrahamic religions are mainly known by genuine historians for those type of West Asian and Eurocentric practises due to the fact that they took their exploitation of intellectual property to a whole new level.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
Amujale:

All the Abrahamic religions are mainly known by genuine historians for those type of West Asian and Eurocentric practises due to the fact that they took their exploitation of intellectual property to a whole new level.
You might me surprised to know how much Africa there is in the Abrahamic religion. Over 400 years worth, according to books ascribed to Moses, unless you think we enslaved the body but left the mind free to think whatever it wanted. If only the Egyptians had shared their gods, says I. Or show me how that "intellectual property" might have gotten to me if they were not exploited to various whole new levels over very many centuries until it got to poor undeserving me. Or would you say I was so worthy and it would or should have gotten to me? And what form would it get to me? Carvings off the walls of the ruined Temple of Amun, perhaps, lol.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
budaatum:

My point is, how adherents see it might not necessary be how it is. And philosophising is what "intellectually robust and unequivocally honest" people do. And since you'd bother to use such words, hopefully, not flippantly, I hoped to hold you to such rigour. After all, its not like you would ask others to be "robust and honest" and you be a lazy hypocrite.

The poor go looking for "gods, spirits, devils", joseph, yet "figurative expressions" is exactly what they are, figurative expressions to denote that which is not exactly comprehended, but which hark back to the very beginning of human attempts to reflect, which is what philosophy is and science even. The wealthy however, are "intellectually robust and unequivocally honest" and end up coming to different understandings through their hard work and effort.

Christianity for instances specifically teaches, do not create figures nor bow down and worship them, and [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A40&version=KJV]do for[/url] those here whom you see and whatever Father might be in heaven will be pleased. So, why should an "intellectually robust and unequivocally honest" Christian be concerned with "the elements therein - gods, spirits, devils", and not an understanding of what those words might mean and or imply? Is it not specifically written "no one has seen God"? And yet here you are asking that God be presented to you on a plate.

I'm going to consider that what you are doing here is looking for the "elements therein" for that which is meant in spirit, so to speak. But know that it is foolish to learn calculus from random people on the street whom you dictionary define but who might not have defined themselves by a dictionary.

How do you know the first words bolded? Word gymnastics may suffice for you, but if readers in 2050 claim that Buhari's message of sending an envoy to South Africa in response to Xenophobic attacks are figurative expressions, should we accept them? That's why I ask, why do you know they are figurative expressions?

Bible says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

To your second words in bold, instead of foolishly learning calculus from random people on the street, do you think it makes sense to call out their ignorance?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
budaatum:

You decide whether religion makes you virtuos or not. But imagine what the rest of us would have been like if we had not been religionised at all.

Hint: Education as we know it today evolved from religion

And what does this prove?

Evidently, Isaac Newton's believe about the world ending, some belief in 2060, according to Biblical prophecies is credited to have helped his focus on developing calculus. Should we then accept armageddon as a core doctrine?

I can list many others, including those who claim slavery was important to the development of civilization. Should we accept slavery on account of that?

Should we start asking what the world would have become without slavery?

You don't apply a lot of logic to these discussions?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
budaatum:

You might me surprised to know how much Africa there is in the Abrahamic religion. Over 400 years worth, according to books ascribed to Moses, unless you think we enslaved the body but left the mind free to think whatever it wanted. If only the Egyptians had shared their gods, says I. Or show me how that "intellectual property" might have gotten to me if they were not exploited to various whole new levels over very many centuries until it got to poor undeserving me. Or would you say I was so worthy and it would or should have gotten to me? And what form would it get to me? Carvings off the walls of the ruined Temple of Amun, perhaps, lol.

Apart from historical use, for what other reason does a West African really need to be interested in ancient Egyptian mythology.

Ancient Egyptians are a product of their own downfall.

Ancient Egypt came about as a result of African unism. Various nationalities from all across Africa especially Sudan created the super state known as KM.T, they comprised of researchers and scientists; the best of every nation volunteered to that project.

When Ancient Egypt reached unbelievable heights in the world of science and technology, they betrayed the rest of the continentals even launching numerous failed wars on the continentals, thanks to the brave and battle ready people of Sudan; world renown for their impossible accuracy with the long bow. they stopped the ancient Egyptians and their foreign allies in their tracks.

Instead of the ancient Egyptians to look inwards and share the knowledge of our own great findings, they befriended Asia and Europe and instead began to tutor them about all the wonderful inventions that our philosophical concepts produced.

They first got invaded by Persia and then over one hundred other occasions after that.

The ancient Egyptian moral is one that allows us to understand the importance of looking after one’s relatives and neighbors when things are good for us.

Because in time of need, some will be available to act as the needed reinforcement necessary to overwhelm the aggressor.

Assuming Ancient Egyptians set their priorities correctly, no invasion would ever had been successful. With their knowledge of science and the people’s raw power, with access to an unlimited amount of armies they would almost be invincible.

All aggressive armies would have been body bagged. All invasion would have fail eventually.

But the Ancient Egyptians became over confident about their military ability and got invaded more than 100 times without any allies to come to their rescue.

All their own fault.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
joseph1013:

And what does this proof?

Evidently, Isaac Newton's belief about the world ending, some belief in 2060, according to Biblical prophecies is credited to have helped his focus on developing calculus. Should we then accept armageddon as a core doctrine?

I can list many others, including those who claim slavery was important to the development of civilization. Should we accept slavery on account of that?

Should we start asking what the world would have become without slavery?

You don't apply a lot of logic to these discussions?

No one is asking you to accept anything 1013. It is however evidence of something, which should not only be considered as a belief or not, what I'd refer to as the insidious view of a good and evil world the theistically inclined seem to adopt. Least not by those who are "intellectually robust and unequivocally honest", in my opinion.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
Amujale:

Apart from historical use, for what other reason does a West African really need to be interested in ancient Egyptian mythology.

Ancient Egyptians are a product of their own downfall.

Ancient Egypt came about as a result of African unism. Various nationalities from all across Africa especially Sudan created the super state known as KM.T, they comprised of researchers and scientists; the best of every nation volunteered to that project.

When Ancient Egypt reached unbelievable heights in the world of science and technology, they betrayed the rest of the continentals even launching numerous failed wars on the continentals, thanks to the brave and battle ready people of Sudan; world renown for their impossible accuracy with the long bow.
A look at other societies that went back to consider their history would answer your question.

The rediscovery of classical Greek philosopher Protagoras (490 BC – c. 420 BC) brought us to the view a thousand years later that "Man is the measure of all things" and the 1400-1700 Renaissance which evolved into the Scientific (or Intellectual) Age we are in today. Same way Newton got his calculus from his understanding of ancient alchemy texts.

One can learn from history how things were done to emulate or decide which works and which doesn't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
budaatum:

A look at other societies that went back to consider their history would answer your question.

The rediscovery of classical Greek philosopher Protagoras (490 BC – c. 420 BC) brought us to the view a thousand years later that "Man is the measure of all things" and the 1400-1700 Renaissance which evolved into the Scientific (or Intellectual) Age we are in today. Same way Newton got his calculus from his understanding of ancient alchemy texts.

One can learn from history how things were done to emulate or decide which works and which doesn't.

The only reason for a West African to study ancient Egyptian mythology is so as to learn other aspects of African history. And to despell the falsities being peddle by all the Abrahamic religions and not as to adopt their concepts.

The Nile civilisation represents 5% of African history.

The Dogon philosophy of West Africa represents one of the oldest knowledge of Astrology and Astronomy in the world.

The understanding in Dogon philosophy has taken modern science hundreds of years to realise.

For example the Dogon people of Mali due to their accurate astronomical calculations are the first community to plot the fact that suggests Earth spins on its own axis.

Further more, the Dogon’s discovered the Sirius B star thousands of years before N.A.S.A.

A good reason another name for the Sirius B star system is the Dogon Star.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
joseph1013:

How do you know the first words bolded? Word gymnastics may suffice for you, but if readers in 2050 claim that Buhari's message of sending an envoy to South Africa in response to Xenophobic attacks are figurative expressions, should we accept them? That's why I ask, why do you know they are figurative expressions?

Bible says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

To your second words in bold, instead of foolishly learning calculus from random people on the street, do you think it makes sense to call out their ignorance?
I know the first through study. I'm even inclined to pressume you do too and would bet top dollar that the Bible never "said" anything at all. It is indeed written in it, however, that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness". But it would depend how it is understood, for we after all do read satan tempting Christ with the same, "Scripture given by inspiration of God, that is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

When Christ speaks of the camel and the eye of a needle, and enter your mother's belly and be reborn, he could not have possibly meant it in the same sense as "Buhari's message of sending an envoy to South Africa", and only intellectual laziness would make me think he might have, or ignore that the report I'm reading has gone through numerous transliteration, translations, interpretations, modifications, distortions, corruption etc before it got to me, which might have changed the report I now read so many years later!

And to the second, rather than "foolishly learning calculus from random people on the street" or "calling out their ignorance", which Christianity refers to as ignoring the forest in ones own eyes and which has not been found to be the best way to educate, I would rather educate to use the mind, instead of just substituting one belief for some other belief or unbelief.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Amujale:

The only reason for a West African to study ancient Egyptian mythology is so as to learn other aspects of African history. And to despell the falsities being peddle by all the Abrahamic religions and not as to adopt their concepts.

The Nile civilisation represents 5% of African history.

The Dogon philosophy of West Africa represents one of the oldest knowledge of Astrology and Astronomy in the world.

The understanding in Dogon philosophy has taken modern science hundreds of years to realise.

For example the Dogon people of Mali due to their accurate astronomical calculations are the first community to plot the fact that suggests Earth spins on its own axis.
I have not at anytime advocated anyone learn only Egyptian history or mythology! You will find, if you bother, that I posted Hap 1. There are over 30 in total covering quite a lot more philosophy as it has developed in Africa, from the authors view.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
Religion isn’t a problem per se, it’s the Abrahamic ones that are.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Amujale:
Religion isn’t a problem per se, it’s the Abrahamic ones that are.
I think the Abrahamic ones are not the problem, the misunderstanding of the individual is. But I still delight in our failure, or rather, not having done enough to know and understand and just believe. The future, is Orange.

Just wondering why these books have stood the test of time and what caused them out of all the books to be flung from so far back so I can read them is worthy of my consideration. And just reading up on what some might call inanities sure influences how I understand or see it, shall I say. And its a book. Reading is good!

Below is a short trip how it got to me. You'd find it had been messed up from the start.

The Hebrew Bible, which is also called the Tanakh (/tɑːˈnɑːx/; תָּנָ״ךְ, pronounced [taˈnaχ] or the [təˈnax]; also Tenakh, Tenak, Tanach) or sometimes the Mikra, is the canonical collection of Hebrew scriptures. These texts are almost exclusively in Biblical Hebrew, except for some Biblical Aramaic passages in the books of Daniel and Ezra. The Hebrew Bible is also the textual source for the Christian Old Testament.

The Septuagint (from the Latin: septuāgintā literally "seventy"; often abbreviated as 70 in Roman numerals, i.e., LXX; sometimes called the Greek Old Testament) is the earliest extant Koine Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures.

The book of Isaiah was the most popular of all the prophetic books among the earliest Christians—it accounts for more than half the allusions and quotations in the New Testament and over half the quotations attributed to Jesus himself, and the Gospel of Matthew in particular presents Jesus's ministry as largely the fulfillment of prophecies from Isaiah. In the time of Jesus, however, the Jews of Palestine no longer spoke Hebrew, and Isaiah had to be translated into Greek and Aramaic, the two commonly used languages. In the original Hebrew of Isaiah 7:14 the word almah meant a young woman of childbearing age who had not yet given birth; however the Greek translation, the Septuagint, rendered it as parthenos, a word which means virgin. This gave the author of Matthew the opportunity to interpret Jesus as the fulfilment of the Immanuel prophecy: Jesus becomes God is with us (Matthew 1:23), the divine representative on earth, and Matthew further identifies Jesus with the Immanuel born to a parthenos by asserting that Joseph did not have sexual intercourse with Mary before she gave birth (Matthew 1:25).
[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_7%3A14?wprov=sfla1]Gospel of Matthew[/url]
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2019
budaatum:

I think the Abrahamic ones are not the problem, the misunderstanding of the individual is. But I still delight in our failure, or rather, not having done enough to know and understand and just believe. The future, is Orange.

Just wondering why these books have stood the test of time and what caused them out of all the books to be flung from so far back so I can read them is worthy of my consideration. And just reading up on what some might call inanities sure influences how I understand or see it, shall I say. And its a book. Reading is good!

Below is a short trip how it got to me. You'd find it had been messed up from the start.

The Hebrew Bible, which is also called the Tanakh (/tɑːˈnɑːx/; תָּנָ״ךְ, pronounced [taˈnaχ] or the [təˈnax]; also Tenakh, Tenak, Tanach) or sometimes the Mikra, is the canonical collection of Hebrew scriptures. These texts are almost exclusively in Biblical Hebrew, except for some Biblical Aramaic passages in the books of Daniel and Ezra. The Hebrew Bible is also the textual source for the Christian Old Testament.

The Septuagint (from the Latin: septuāgintā literally "seventy"; often abbreviated as 70 in Roman numerals, i.e., LXX; sometimes called the Greek Old Testament) is the earliest extant Koine Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures.

The book of Isaiah was the most popular of all the prophetic books among the earliest Christians—it accounts for more than half the allusions and quotations in the New Testament and over half the quotations attributed to Jesus himself, and the Gospel of Matthew in particular presents Jesus's ministry as largely the fulfillment of prophecies from Isaiah. In the time of Jesus, however, the Jews of Palestine no longer spoke Hebrew, and Isaiah had to be translated into Greek and Aramaic, the two commonly used languages. In the original Hebrew of Isaiah 7:14 the word almah meant a young woman of childbearing age who had not yet given birth; however the Greek translation, the Septuagint, rendered it as parthenos, a word which means virgin. This gave the author of Matthew the opportunity to interpret Jesus as the fulfilment of the Immanuel prophecy: Jesus becomes God is with us (Matthew 1:23), the divine representative on earth, and Matthew further identifies Jesus with the Immanuel born to a parthenos by asserting that Joseph did not have sexual intercourse with Mary before she gave birth (Matthew 1:25).
[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_7%3A14?wprov=sfla1]Gospel of Matthew[/url]

All the Abrahamic religions are a sham.

All Abrahamic text are false, fake and counterintuitive.

All the real authors of Abrahamic text are liars and fakers.

You are no different to the uncle Tom's that are amongst us, those that know of the falsities the Abrahamic religions peddle and continue to quote and peddle those same known fakery.

All the Abrahamic religious narratives are based on a false premise, those that are ignorant of these facts have a diminished responsibility whilst those that know of these facts and continue to pretend that they are real
are the worst pepertrators.

The Christian bible is a fraudulent compilation of documents.

The Christian bible is not a genuine document, rather its a bibliograpghy, a compilation of religious text from all across the globe, the contents of which have been repackaged, plagerised, copied, sexed-up or simply outrightly made up.

In order words, all Abrahamic religious text are fake and unreliable.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 11:01am On Sep 05, 2019
Amujale:

You are no different to the uncle Tom's that are amongst us, those that know of the falsities the Abrahamic religions peddle and continue to quote and peddle those same known fakery.

All the Abrahamic religious narratives are based on a false premise, those that are ignorant of these facts have a diminished responsibility whilst those that know of these facts and continue to pretend that they are real
are the worst pepertrators.

The Christian bible is a fraudulent compilation of documents.

The Christian bible is not a genuine document, rather its a bibliograpghy, a compilation of religious text from all across the globe, the contents of which have been repackaged, plagerised, copied, sexed-up or simply outrightly made up.

In order words, all Abrahamic religious text are fake and unreliable.
As you may have seen from above, theres nothing like "original text", since it evolved into being over time, and even if it were fiction I'd still give it more credit than you do.

I can only wonder how much of the texts you've read and understood to condemn it so much.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
budaatum:

As you may have seen from above, theres nothing like "original text", since it evolved into being over time, and even if it were fiction I'd still give it more credit than you do.

I can only wonder how much of the texts you've read and understood to condemn it so much.

Abrahamic religious text should never be taken seriously.

The authors of Abrahanic text are guilty of a huge amount of criminality.

During my research into Abrahamic religious text made me have read the Bible, Torah and Quran from front to back on more than one occasion.

Many of us that have read the Christian bible does so by reading lightly or casually.

However, one is meant to not only study what we read but compare and contrast the assertions and vicious insinuations contained in their text with real history.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Amujale:

Abrahamic religious text should never be taken seriously.

The authors of Abrahanic text arw guilty of a huge anount of criminality.

During my research into Abrahanic religious text made me have read the The Bible, Torah and Quran from front to back on more than one occasion.

Many of us that have read the Christian bible does so by readimg lightly or casually.

However, one is meant to not only study what we read but compare and contrast the assertions and vicious inssinuations contained in their text with real history.
We learn in the Garden of Eden how the Word of God can be good or bad. Study, compare and contrast would make one wonder if God would keep one naked and forbid them knowledge. I just need look to the North of Nigeria to see the consequences of such policies. Then see how long Adam did "not exactly die after being kicked out of Eden", and the intellectually robust and unequivocally honest would be inclined to ask, who lied.

Adjectival lenses. That's what I call those two bolds. Lenses one wears that distorts what is there into what one wants to see. Another view is expressed with "Love God", suggesting a perspective from which to view things, which in Christianity implies, for that which is good and godly and relating to those around one.

I do not have issues with such lenses, but if you put on one with blue glass, everything will seem blue, and when the glass is red it all goes red. The intellectually robust and unequivocally honest should therefore have lots of lenses with various colours with which to view things so as not to be one coloured in their view. Or they should have eyes that work well so their views are not distorted by glass.

Try it. Remove the lens then watch these and tell me what you see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5RfScpEcZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40Eck6gW7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndAnzWduwP8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
budaatum:

For me what is more telling is that gods do not write books.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
LordReed:

For me what is more telling is that gods do not write books.
They don't? You write such books, my Lord, and you will be a 'god'. In my opinion at least.

Here's one more for you amu. While some are searching for God, some have gone after David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhiABi6vw3A
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
budaatum:

We learn in the Garden of Eden how the Word of God can be good or bad. Study, compare and contrast would make one wonder if God would keep one naked and forbid them knowledge. I just need look to the North of Nigeria to see the consequences of such policies. Then see how long Adam did "not exactly die after being kicked out of Eden", and the intellectually robust and unequivocally honest would be inclined to ask, who lied.

Adjectival lenses. That's what I call those two bolds. Lenses one wears that distorts what is there into what one wants to see. Another view is expressed with "Love God", suggesting a perspective from which to view things, which in Christianity implies, for that which is good and godly and relating to those around one.

I do not have issues with such lenses, but if you put on one with blue glass, everything will seem blue, and when the glass is red it all goes red. The intellectually robust and unequivocally honest should therefore have lots of lenses with various colours with which to view things so as not to be one coloured in their view. Or they should have eyes that work well so their views are not distorted by glass.

Try it. Remove the lens then watch these and tell me what you see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5RfScpEcZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40Eck6gW7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndAnzWduwP8

The Book of Genesis is an unreliable piece of writting; that which contains the Adam & Eve story is a plagerisation of a Summerian tale.

A story that predates the combined birth dates of all the authors of Abrahamic text in years that amount in their thousands.

Can you provide me with the answer to these simple questions:

What are the nationalities of the characters inside Abrahamic religious text?

To which continent does the characters inside Abrahamic text belong?

Who are the authors of Abrahamic religious text?

Who influenced the writting of all the different types of Abrahamic religious text?

Can the authors of any of the Abrahamic religious text really be trusted?

If your answer is no, why?

If your answer is yes, why?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Abrahamic religious text peddle a false and fake representation of history.

Name any character or storyline in all of Abrahamic religious text and let me prove to you that they are not original.

Abrahamic religious text are copied from older concepts and philosophies, that is the reason they are fake.

Manufactured stories borrowed from numerous communitues from around the world and without any logical justification claiming to be the originator.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
The authors of Abrahamic religious text lied from their very first chapter.

The Adam and Eve story is fake as it isnt original to the Abrahamic religions.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
Amujale:

Can the authors of any of the Abrahamic religious text really be trusted?

If your answer is no, why?

If your answer is yes, why?
I'll boil this all down to "can the book be trusted", and say, it's an odd question. You would not ask me those other questions if you had considered what I posted and which states a position on such matters which by my posting ought to show my position on such matters.

Trusted in what way? That it's old, yes. That it has gone through numerous revisions such that its authors and origin is unknown, yes. That it likely didn't mean what it reads like today and that bits have been tagged on and removed through the centuries and everything else you claim too, yes. Or that it is a perfect book the sort one would expect the gods to write and print on printing presses in heavens?

So this book. And it's not the only one, mind, the Torah having taking over from Homer and the hieroglyphs that preceded it, but of all the books of antiquity, somehow, I get to read that one. Do you know its about the most ancient book most would ever read? Trust me, if you can replace it with Plato and Aristotle and Adam Smith, I will personally pay to work for you for free, but I don't see that happening, so I'm pretty glad that those around me read thou shalt not steal and thou shalt not kill, because, considering how much stealing and killing goes on despite their reading, I shudder to think what it would be like if some had not written a book and convinced people gods wrote it and made some believe they would go to hell if they did not believe it!

But that was for then, like a thousand years ago. Now, after thousands of years of those books setting the direction of civilization of which I happen to be a product as are most of the western hemisphere, it will be silly for my own attitude towards it to be "it is lies", "it is fake", "it is copied" and is "guilty of a huge amount of criminality", is my own point, with full respect for yours.

Not being aware of the books' impact through the different millennia would be remiss of me, and to be honest, I'd doubt I'd have a proper understanding of my society and myself if I had spent my time looking for the [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Adventures_in_Wonderland?wprov=sfla1]rabbit hole[/url] Alice fell through, which is what your other questions are, instead of considering the enormous influence the book has had on human thought and evolution or if it needs to be exorcised from our psyche and if so, how.

Lenses. The ones we put on determine how we see, but a common error is to think how one sees is how it actually looks, to everyone, I guess.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 10:14am On Sep 06, 2019
14 WORDS THAT DESTROY CERTAINTY

Consider proposition (1):

"It is POSSIBLE that the Bible was written entirely by superstitious men imagining God."

Can you deny this proposition? Can you prove it wrong? Feel free to try but I don't think you can.

If the Bible WAS written by men imagining God then the God of the Bible is invented. This leads to two conclusions:

(a) God is fictional.
(b) The Bible is not evidence for the existence of God.

Of course, these are not startling conclusions—atheists, agnostics, and followers of other religions have thought this for years. But, if you believe in the God of the Bible and cannot prove proposition (1) false, you too must accept conclusions (a) and (b) are POSSIBLE.

Where does that leave you? It means you cannot be 100% sure God exists unless you have solid evidence outside of the Bible. No-one has ever found such evidence—all the evidence and all the arguments ever offered are inconclusive at best and clearly fallacious at worst.

So, if you cannot prove proposition (1) false, you have to accept that you cannot be completely SURE God exists. You can only hope.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
joseph1013:
14 WORDS THAT DESTROY CERTAINTY

Consider proposition (1):

"It is POSSIBLE that the Bible was written entirely by superstitious men imagining God."

Can you deny this proposition? Can you prove it wrong? Feel free to try but I don't think you can.
First, strawman. That's what your proposition is. And I'm saying it first before you can.

"It is POSSIBLE that the Bible was written entirely by superstitious men imagining God", though I very much doubt it since the Bible actually comes from the post era when the 'bibles' were written by "superstitious men imagining God". Or have you no knowledge of the more superstitiously conceived Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Yoruba gods, to mention a few, who were the imaginings of the superstitious?

The Bible is a product of a post era of imaginings of the superstitious and and was in fact the cause of the death of the more superstitious writings about Zeus and co, being more rational thought than the superstitious era that preceeded it - a fact overlooked by many especially those who are ignorant of history or missed it in the Bible where they would have observed the exact same evolution of the wrathful jealous destroying YHWH to the loving compassionate Jesus Christ.

So therefore, consider proposition (buda 1):

"It is POSSIBLE that the Bible was written entirely by rational people to explain gods to superstitious people".

Can you deny this proposition? Can you prove it wrong?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MuttleyLaff: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2019
budaatum:

First, strawman. That's what your proposition is. And I'm saying it first before you can.

"It is POSSIBLE that the Bible was written entirely by superstitious men imagining God", though I very much doubt it since the Bible actually comes from the post era when the 'bibles' were written by "superstitious men imagining God". Or have you no knowledge of the more superstitiously conceived Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Yoruba gods, to mention a few, who were the imaginings of the superstitious?

The Bible is a product of a post era of imaginings of the superstitious and and was in fact the cause of the death of the more superstitious writings about Zeus and co, being more rational thought than the superstitious era that preceeded it - a fact overlooked by many especially those who are ignorant of history or missed it in the Bible where they would have observed the exact same evolution of the wrathful jealous destroying YHWH to the loving compassionate Jesus Christ.

"It is POSSIBLE that the Bible was written entirely by rational people to explain gods to superstitious people".

In their own respective way of looking/thinking at the Bible, I completely agree with both budaatum and joseph1013

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2019
Amujale:

You are asking me to quibble about the props instead of seeing how the lessons taught with and by the props have contributed to, or at least affected, human existence, either negatively or positively.

Sorry, but I refuse to be so lazy and would rather be "uncle Tom".

Do note my position on 'beliefs' however, they are crap one creates in one's own head.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
In their own respective way of looking/thinking at the Bible, I completely agree with both budaatum and joseph1013
1013 is one of the more considering minds on here.
One hopes to achieve his height.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2019
budaatum:

You are asking me to quibble about the props instead of seeing how the lessons taught with and by the props have contributed to, or at least affected, human existence, either negatively or positively.

No, not really, i'm asking you to stop pretending that Abrahamic religious text isnt fake; summon the courage to despell the horrific falsities being drummed into innocent onlookers.

I am not challenging the authencity of the original content from which they plagerised, that would have to be an altogether seperate investigation; and would be deviating from the maint point here.

The main points are that Abrahanic religious text are not what they claims to be, they are not that old as they claim and are mere bibliographies, compilation of various older religious text from all around the globe; the contents of which have been repackaged, plagerised, directly copied, sexed-up or simply ourrightly fabricated.

budaatum:

Sorry, but I refuse to be so lazy and would rather be "uncle Tom".

I strongly believe you meant differently.

Uncle Toms are those that know beyond reasonable doubt the fact that Abrahamic religions are fake, yet due to greed and the uncontrolable lust for monetary value they continue to peddle those false narratives.

Many educated and well informed pastors are infact uncle Toms, although there are those of them that are simply ignorant of truth.

The term was coined by the the founding members of the early pan African institutes during the days of African American revolution.

Assuming uncle Toms dont have the nerve or interest to put anyone on the straight path, then they're better off saying nothing at all.

No matter the quality of the borrowed content, no matter its popularity, possessing the knowledge of something being false and not only pretending that it isnt, but peddling it as though its real is indeed ethically criminal.

Uncle Toms are real scum.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Amujale(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2019
Great Nations dont have the time to be lapping up fakery, there are people on the continent that cannot wait to rise beyond greater heights.

African spirituality that which "religion" is said to immitate supposed to make one relative to virtuosness.

Virtuosness is a fun and nice quality to have.

Religion is not the problem its all the Abrahamic ones that are, they have been found out to be peddling falsities, fakery and manufactured history.

By all the universal laws under the Sun, all the Abrahamic religions are counterintuitive.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2019
Amujale:

No, not really, i'm asking you to stop pretending that Abrahamic religious text isnt fake; summon the courage to despell the horrific falsities being drummed into innocent onlookers.
I do not agree that the "Abrahamic religious text" are fake. To be fake implies they are copies of originals which I do not know existed, apart from the likes of Egyptian hieroglyphs and Tales about Greek and Roman Gods which preceeded it, and of which the Abrahamic religious text are not "copies" .

As to "horrific falsities being drummed into innocent onlookers", might you want to explain what these are please?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by TheEminentLaity: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2019
Interesting.
budaatum:

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (130) (Reply)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.