Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (230052 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Professorcplus(m): 11:58am On Apr 05, 2020
Another trending new is the 5g technology and corona virus. Why on earth will someone say Antichrist wanted to use the 5g network as a chemical weapons against believers. I don't even know where to start explaining from.

I just have to tell them to go back to their schools and seek for refunds. They have been scammed and cheated not educated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
I’ve learnt to not underestimate pastorpreneurs. They’re merchants of fear; it is how they sell their scam.

Their latest endeavour to spark outrage among true intellectuals by leveraging on baseless 5G-New World Order-Anti-Vax nonsense isn’t designed from a place of ignorance.

It’s a scheme, designed to exploit the uncertainties and fear their adherents currently experience. Designed to extort those seeking answers.

The aim is to cash in on fear-mongering by tying their poor congregants down to a commitment of perpetual offering and tithe giving even when these desperate people do not have the means.

These purveyors of superstitious nonsense are more dangerous than standing armies. Do not underestimate their greed for a moment.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by CAPSLOCKED: 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
"Whether it's disease, violence, starvation or any of the other blights upon humanity, your "loving god" doesn't seem to really care much at all."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:14am On Apr 12, 2020
You respect adeboye but mock indabosky..
Who be you?
Who born you?
Who you?
Where you from? Lol.

I can tolerate orthodox pastors and preachers. Most of them are decent good men. Ignorant about fact maybe, but largely decent good men.

Pentecostal pastors are just crooks!

Not one!

Not one!

So when you worship Oyedepo and praise adeboye but mock my pastor.. The riquid metal, who born you? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:19am On Apr 12, 2020
I like Indabosky Pahoos for one thing...

He's open about his charlatanism and stupidities associated with con artists.

He dances to secular lewd-lyricsed songs, chants incantations like a herbalist and sprays money like drug barons.

He is a charlatan. He knows it. His followers also know it.

He doesn't try to be a wolf in sheep's clothing which is common with many fraudulent men in the same trade. It's really an unknown style of creating cult followership.

He swims against the tide and is coasting home nicely.
He comes clean with tomfoolery.

He's like "if you can afford to trade your brain for fecal matter...come follow me...lol

Surprisingly enough, he has "genuine" followers.

That tells you how desperate people are about believing in something.

The vacuum must be filled.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 9:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Hakeem12:
Africa is full of people who have degrees, fluent in their slavery Master's English. Yet we have more churches and mosques than factories. They said education is the key to success. But that's not the case here. The education we are being served is ignorance approved. We need to wake up.

Someone said earlier to me today that Christ will come like a thief in the night, I'm so sick of hearing that all the time, I told him when we catch him, we will treat him like a thief

The last part grin grin...

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 9:31am On Apr 12, 2020
joseph1013:
Religious folks say God made everything in the universe for a purpose. What is the purpose of coronaviruses?

Asking the right questions, brilliant!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Okeagu121: 9:32am On Apr 12, 2020
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SPIRITUAL WIFE AND HUSBAND .

some people goes to churches, Ministries ,or prayer Houses at that point the pastor will tell them that they are being disturbed by a spiritual wife or spiritual husband immediately they will conclude that is an evil spirit, what next, they will start pouring you 50bottles of olive oil and they start speaking in tongues ,doing all kinds of prayers in the name of pushing out marine wife some may even say let her die, now let me ask you can you kill a spirit where have you had that spirits died?how can a mortal man like you with flesh and blood kill that which is immortal,ignorance makes us believe that spirits can fie with holy ghost fire ,now let me ask you ,what is holy ghost ?,what is a ghost first of all ?remember bible said judge me by my word ,now what's a ghost a ghost is a an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living,now bring this 2words together (holy-ghost ) you will understand that holy ghost simply means a risen spirit that is holy ,now some people will he shouting holy ghost fire to spiritual wife or husband now my question is how can a spirit kill a spirit ,some people say is holy spirit how can a spirit kill a spirit ?according to Jesus he said I didn't come to destroy the laws of moses but to keep it right,he further said old things are passed away behold everything become new ,listen let me open your eyes because am an eye opener ,Jesus was talking about old lives not old religion,if you say old things are passed away,why are you reading the book of genesis in your churches ,why are you trying to keep the 10commandment's if things are old,I beseech you to go and kill and see if you wont rot in jail ,

God the creator of heaven and earth is a mystery to many,thats why he said am a mysterious God,he said he is sharper than that of a 2edged sword, because of his wisdom he was able to create man ,
Everybody nerds wisdom ,we only need wisdom ,some say they need bible I forbid you to say that ,you need wisdom ,solomon never asked for bible rather he asked for wisdom ,because without wisdom you can't still understand what is written in the bible ,everything written in the bible are mysteries thats why the world today is bitten around the bush ,
When you want to interpret the spiritual you have to use the physical plane to interpret it,

Take for instance

you see a woman and engaged her as a man.
After some while, both of you happen to marry happily. Now, after a while, you travel to another place for a contract or a job and eventually you forget calling to say hi to your wife, how will she feel?

What if you lost passion for her and she kept looking after you?
when she comes close to you,you pretend not knowing her and denied haven nothing to do with her.
No matter what she does, you kept pushing her away and ignore or avoid all signs and signals she gives you . What do you expect the woman to do?
She can do to you anything,she can also frustrate you as her husband because she is your legitimate wife .
This is just exactly what happens to those who got married to marine wife before earthly visit or mission remember humans are here for a mission ,yes I repeat humans are here for a mission.
The problem we humans have today is the pastors why are they our problem ,they are our problem by leaving the true word and going after there belle ,they only teach rapture ,money and death but don't teach about the true nature of creation and truth ,some pastors are ignorant of the truth ,deceiving humans as if we are animals ,they are turning white into black ,for there selfish interest ,they are bringing disunity between man and nature ,this is one of the reason why some of us suffer even after the praying and fasting we do for 40days,anyway they must reap what they sow when spirit of justice appears ,.
let ME make this clear some witches disguise them selves as spiritual wife or husband making things to be difficult to you but at this point consultation from the divine is needed to know if truly you have a marine husband or wife or if its a witchcraft attack on y

ou ,
Knowledge of the truth sets one free .
But after the consultation and its said to be marine wife or husband ,a consultation will he made to know what the marine husband or wife wants as her prize to be settled ,
note:I didnt say separation as other pastors do rather I say settlement .
When she names what she needs for the settlement upon the information given to the spiritualist,the spiritualist will tell you at this juncture a settlements exercise will be done ,we call it marine settlement or ikwa ibu udo maka oganihu(settlement of peace for progress )
When properly done he or she will assist you in all spheres of life assisting you for progress thats why marine husband or wife is like a support or destiny helper when settled properly ,if your physical wife is a support or a helper to you,it logically types the spiritual also, that your spiritual husband or wife is a support and a helper to you also when settled properly .

But if your spiritual wife or husband is wicked and so jealous we then plead him or her to accept some things which he refused. If he do, good but if he or she refuses we then call upon ofo na ogu talk about separation.

Do you know that these mariners (marine husband and wife’s) are destiny helpers? The very reason they are sometimes filled with jealous and must be treated with caution otherwise one’s life and destiny are placed on danger zone at the cost of services in the name of deliverance. Many are suffering this today,ask yourself ,I have been going from one church to another doing all sorts of assorted deliverance ,breaking chairs and injuring myself in the name of deliverance have I still be delivered ,how is my finance?are my prospering ?
Don't be fooled ,ignorance makes us suffer .Jeremiah10vs21 "For the shepherds have become foolish and stupid And have not sought the LORD; Therefore they have not prospered, And all their flock is scattered.
foolishness of men scatters there prosperity ,this is just the hidden mystery .
Don't play with your spiritual life ,if you say marine wife is evil ,I will stand and talk straight to your face that you are also evil because you come from that origin and let MW get this straight to you ,If you are not a mariner or a marine child I bet you marine husband or wife won't ever come to you or reveal themselves to you or even set you back or frustrate you .let me ask you ,can a person in Germany frustrate or put sand in your Garri when you don't have a business with him or her ? The answer is NO.you must have a business with that person in Germany before he know you talk more of frustrating you ,spirituality is wisdom and knowledge of the truth ,so if you have a Marine husband or wife you must surely have a business with him or her .
Water brought forth humans and birds including anything that have life ,Genesis 1vs20 and he said let waters bring forth abundantly moving creature that have life, ²² AND he blessed them saying be fruitful and multiply .
With these passage in the bible we will understand that some creatures and humans came out of water ,and they where the first creature that received the blessings of God ,now if products that came out of water is evil ,why didn't God the creator of the whole universe lay a cause on them as he did on serpent ,rather he blessed them .
this is divine
It’s a nature mandate!
It’s written and can’t be changed.
You can’t change what nature has caused to be neither will you condemn it.
Who are you to judge?
Who are you to condemned what nature has made to be?
Are you the creator ?
If you say water and its inhabitants are evil why did God find this earth from it and established it on it according to psalm 24.
I beseech thee to be wise ,no wonder the children of serpent is wiser now than the children of God ,be wise ,Solomon used wisdom to rule his world ,he never used bible ,I repeat he never used bible rather he used wisdom to rule his world .
Every body on earth is for a mission coming from an origin ,some of us do juju or spiritual works here and there and say it doesn't work for you .my dear the secret is clear

,your origin is quenching the spiritual work or juju not to work ,this is why you need to settle them for peace ,progress and prosperity in your life .

Settle your marine husband or wife for progress
And peace in your life .

call or join us on WhatsApp or telegram app for more knowledge of the truth
+2347019517854
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

Asking the right questions, brilliant!

This path you've taken, we've all taken it.

Over 8-10 years ago, most of us were here cheering logicboy as he was posting memes questioning God and Christianity.

I can tell you're the right path.

Atheism is the best way to understand and appreciate this thing called faith.

One day, you will understand and maybe regret why you gave yourself this self-imposed blindness.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:

This path you've taken, we've all taken it.

Over 8-10 years ago, most of us were here cheering logicboy as he was posting memes questioning God and Christianity.

I can tell you're the right path.

Atheism is the best way to understand and appreciate this thing called faith.

One day, you will understand and maybe regret why you gave yourself this self-imposed blindness.

Are you mad?.

What are you on about?

Our of all the comments here on this thread, you chose to reply mine.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 9:50am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

Are you mad?.

What are you on about?

You're also unruly as well. Very common with heathens.

What am I on about?

Atheism is folly!!

Stop wasting your time.

Go and find God.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 9:52am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:

You're also unruly as well. Very common with heathens.

What am I on about?

Atheism is folly!!

Stop wasting your time.

Go and find God.

Tell your god to fvck off and you should too, dumb ass!!.

6 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

Tell your god to fvck off and you should too, dumb ass!!.

When your elders are talking, you shut up and listen.

I'm sure you've not read a lot of books. This is comon amongst atheists. They see a few contradictions then they make conclusions on Gods existence.

Atheism makes you closed-minded to the most beautiful experience, The mysterious.

Get out of there now.

It's a waste of time.

Bye!!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 10:19am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:

When your elders are talking, you shut up and listen.

I'm sure you've not read a lot of books. This is comon amongst atheists. They see a few contradictions then they make conclusions on Gods existence.

Atheism makes you closed-minded to the most beautiful experience, The mysterious.

Get out of there now.

It's a waste of time.

Bye!!

I don't listen to dumb elders, Mr Dummkopf.

I don't need to read lots of books to know your god doesn't exist!. Reading lots of books doesn't make you knowledgeable in a particular topic, but you won't know that since you are dumb. The bible alone is enough to make one ask questions about the existence of this god?. Why do I need to read lots of books when we have the bible??

If you know what Atheism truly is, you would know most atheists are actually open-minded compared to religious people like you undecided!!.

Get out of where exactly?.

4 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

I don't listen to dumb elders, Mr Dummkopf.

I don't need to read lots of books to know your god doesn't exist!. Reading lots of books doesn't make you knowledgeable in a particular topic, but you won't know that since you are dumb. The bible alone is enough to make one ask questions about the existence of this god?. Why do I need to read lots of books when we have the bible??

[s]If you know what Atheism truly is, you would know most atheists are actually open-minded compared to religious people like you undecided!!.[/s]

Get out of where exactly?.

The insistence on scientific methodology and logic, a patternized system of reasoning, as the yardstick for making existential judgement is what makes atheism closed-minded.

As an atheist, A miracle is the last thing you expect to happen to you, am I wrong?

Get out of that nonsense and find spirituality.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 10:35am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:

The insistence on scientific methodology and logic, a patternized system of reasoning, as the yardstick for making existential judgement is what makes atheism closed-minded.

As an atheist, A miracle is the last thing you expect to happen to you, am I wrong?

Get out of that nonsense and find spirituality.

Science over religion, any time any day. Science fascinates me more than religion. Science has done more for the world. What has religion done exactly

Come and get me out then, Mr Dummkopf grin tongue.

Spirituality, religion and all of that nonsense do not interest me. Get that into your dumb skull.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

Science over religion, any time any day. Science fascinates me more than religion. Science has done more for the world. What has religion done exactly

Come and get me out then, Mr Dummkopf grin tongue.

Spirituality, religion and all of that nonsense do not interest me. Get that into your dumb skull.

exactly why I said you need to read more.

Science is spirituality.

Atheism is a religion on its own.

But I'll leave you to continue being confident in your ignorance.

Bye miss dummkopf
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 10:46am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:

exactly why I said you need to read more.

Science is spirituality.

Atheism is a religion on its own.

But I'll leave you to continue being confident in your ignorance.

Bye miss dummkopf

Atheism is not a religion, Science isn't spirituality. How dumb can you be?.

You are the one who's ignorant, you actually believe Atheism is a religion!! undecided.

If you weren't so confident in your ignorance, you wouldn't have replied my comment, boasted about being an elder who should be listened to but alas!, you are just as dumb as the rest of your cohort.

What makes you think I would change my mind on atheism because a stupid person like you knows it all?. You made absolutely NO sense.

Where are you heading to?, continue quoting me naw grin.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

You are the one who's ignorant, you actually believe Atheism is a religion!! undecided.

If you weren't so confident in your ignorance, you wouldn't have replied my comment, boasted about being an elder who should be listened to but alas!, you are just as dumb as the rest of your cohort.

What makes you think I would change my mind on atheism because a stupid person like you knows it all?. You made absolutely NO sense.

Your parents didn't raise you right.

A sensible person would be calm, at least, to learn a thing or two.

No, you don't know anything about philosophy, reasoning, science, logic, spirituality, nothing. The only thing you have in your head is insults.

Before you learn these things I mentioned, you have to go and learn some manners.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 11:02am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Your parents didn't raise you right.

A sensible person would be calm, at least, to learn a thing or two.

No, you don't know anything about philosophy, reasoning, science, logic, spirituality, nothing. The only thing you have in your head is insults.

Before you learn these things I mentioned, you have to go and learn some manners.

I'm studying computer science mister, I know what logic reasoning is, so try again grin.

Again, I don't listen to dumb people. Check your first comment, you would see that's not how to approach someone who's willing to learn.

I'm always willing to learn new things but NOT from dumb people like you.

Mentioning my parents shows how pained you are, I don't have patience for old fools like you flaunting their age in every arguement, who gives a fvck if you are old?. Go fvck old self.

No, I won't listen to you because you are old.

You should actually learn some manners mister, being old doesn't make you intelligent and it doesn't mean I will listen to you, remain pained grin

You first insulted me, if you can't take it, don't dish it out lipsrsealed.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

I'm studying computer science mister, I know what logic reasoning is, so try again grin.

Again, I don't listen to dumb people. Check your first comment, you would see that's not how to approach someone who's willing to learn.

I'm always willing to learn new things but NOT from dumb people like you.

Mentioning my parents shows how pained you are, I don't have patience for old fools like you flaunting their age in every arguement, who gives a fvck if you are old?. Go fvck old self.

No, I won't listen to you because you are old.

You should actually learn some manners mister, being old doesn't make you intelligent and it doesn't mean I will listen to you, remain pained grin

You first insulted me, if you can't take it, don't dish it out lipsrsealed.

No. You don't know what logical reasoning is. Learning about truth tables and statements is not logic. You're not intelligent enough to learn logic. Think i'm saying nonsense, Upload your grades.

Also, you can call me dumb and we could dispute and argue all day with the final judgement still in contention.
But the fact is, what I've become, not even your father or anybody in your lineage have become it. If your father should become what I've become, your father will hire masquerades and do daily parades all over your village.

What I've become, your father cannot be it. I'm the first and only black African researcher in my scientific field. Your father will not come close. This won't be in contention.

Also, I have every right to call your parents because they are responsible for your upbringing. Who else would I blame?
How did I start the conversation? "Atheism is folly". What did you do? Throw insults.
You're mannerless. I blame your parents for it.

Humble yourself. Because you're an atheist doesn't make you smart.
There are lots of people here who are professors, top government men but they casually login here to catch fun, read and meet people. Not everyone you see, you throw insults. You need to be careful with your choice of words.

You need to grow up
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:

No. You don't know what logical reasoning is. Learning about truth tables and statements is not logic. You're not intelligent enough to learn logic. Think i'm saying nonsense, Upload your grades.

Also, you can call me dumb and we could dispute and argue all day with the final judgement still in contention.
But the fact is, what I've become, not even your father or anybody in your lineage have become it. If your father should become what I've become, your father will hire masquerades and do daily parades all over your village.

What I've become, your father cannot be it. I'm the first and only black African researcher in my scientific field. Your father will not come close. This won't be in contention.

Also, I have every right to call your parents because they are responsible for your upbringing. Who else would I blame?
How did I start the conversation? "Atheism is folly". What did you do? Throw insults.
You're mannerless. I blame your parents for it.

Humble yourself. Because you're an atheist doesn't make you smart.
There are lots of people here who are professors, top government men but they casually login here to catch fun, read and meet people. Not everyone you see, you throw insults. You need to be careful with your choice of words.

You need to grow up

Why should I upload my grades mister?, I don't need to prove anything to a stranger.

I won't humble myself to idiots like you, you have run out of ideas so involving my parents is your last resort, carry on Mr Researcher grin

I'm not fazed by your audio achievements grin

Oh, you deserve a cookie for being the first black researcher in your field?, so sad sad. I would have given you a cookie but you know this face less forum sad.

I do NOT think I'm smart because I'm an atheist, you are the one who thinks because he has read every book on earth that god must exist and I should listen to you. You are the same person who believes Atheism is a religion, now you want me to believe you are a supposed researcher, if you don't get the fvck grin!..

First black researcher in a supposed science field who believes atheism is a religion grin.

You need to carry your old dumb self out of my mentions mister, this mannerlerss girl here isn't impressed by your audio achievements.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 11:53am On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

Why should I upload my grades mister?, I don't need to prove anything to a stranger.

I won't humble myself to idiots like you, you have run out of ideas so involving my parents is your last resort, carry on Mr Researcher grin

I'm not fazed by your audio achievements grin

Oh, you deserve a cookie for being the first black researcher in your field?, so sad sad. I would have given you a cookie but you know this face less forum sad.

I do NOT think I'm smart because I'm an atheist, you are the one who thinks because he has read every book on earth that god must exist and I should listen to you. You are the same person who believes Atheism is a religion, now you want me to believe you are a supposed researcher, if you don't get the fvck grin!..

First black researcher in a supposed science field who believes atheism is a religion grin.

You need to carry your old dumb self out of my mentions mister, this mannerlerss girl here isn't impressed by your audio achievements.

Small girl.

I made a claim. Science is religion.

If you were reasonable, you would ask me to give proof for my claim. But what did you do? You resorted to name calling. How then do you learn? You're not even intelligent enough to see that you're closed minded.

If you were humble enough, I'd have given you the correlation and similarities between religion and science, and who knows, you might learn a thing or two.

When I was your age, I alongside other atheists we're debating mranony on this forum with good sound arguments, not insults.

But you? You are insultive, arrogant and empty-headed.

You're mentally demented to even see being old as an insult. "Carry your old self out of here".... Won't you get to my age someday?

Recognise your foolishness. That's a way to grow.

The funny thing is, na man go still carry you put for house as wife.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Karlebolu(m): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2020
grin grin grin grin

These two need a room.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Small girl.

Awon researcher cheesy grin, e pain am. I should have gone through your comments before quoting you.

Look at the comments of a supposed researcher, go and bury your head in shame liar!.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Karlebolu:
grin grin grin grin

These two need a room.
I'd have agreed with you if it were to be with her aunt.

The girl na small girl wey just get sharp mouth. Nothing dey her head.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

Awon researcher cheesy grin, e pain am. I should have gone through your comments before quoting you.

Look at the comments of a supposed researcher, go and bury your head in shame liar!.
You're dumber than I thought. Where is the inferential link between my being an assistant professor and my comments on national issues?

Your education is a waste.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Hakeem12(m): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
The dumbest thing you will hear religious people say is "Atheism is a religion." I have said it again and again, religious people feel like it's their mission on earth to make everyone believe their belief or threaten them with hell. It's like saying abstinence is a form of sex. But to each, his own. Since you are saved, let the rest of us be, we don't give a flying fvck where you are going after you leave this place, you shouldn't about where we are going too.

6 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2020
janettee:

May be we should start ignoring people who say atheism is a religion because we know why they are doing it. They do it to blunt the edge off the attack on religion as a redundant tool. LoLz only a dumkopf says atheism is a religion anyway.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
According to dumb religionists online, anything and everything is a religion, including science, football, atheism.

Well, I don't think any reasonable person expects to see slaves that are intelligent. Because any smart person should be able to rescue themselves out of slavery (of religion) and save themselves from Yahweh and the other demonic gods of religions.

Ignorant fools are even celebrating Easter, without knowing it's a festival with roots in paganism. Yet, they would condemn traditionalists when they celebrate their own festivals.

How are they different from those people they condemn and pillory? Only fools will ignore the use of the brain and focus on the worship of the gods instead.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by MrColdsweat: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hakeem12:
The dumbest thing you will hear religious people say is "Atheism is a religion." I have said it again and again, religious people feel like it's their mission on earth to make everyone believe their belief or threaten them with hell. It's like saying abstinence is a form of sex. But to each, his own. Since you are saved, let the rest of us be, we don't give a flying fvck where you are going after you leave this place, you shouldn't about where we are going to.
You have to understand what religion really is before you get to grasp why people make that claim.

In my perspective, religion is a systematic approach to spirituality. And spirituality is the journey to the self for the sole purpose of cultivation of virtues.

The common mistake atheists or should I say people make, is to generalize that religion is centred on gods.

No, Confucianism, Buddhism etc are more about the self and are hardly about Gods.

When I say religion is a systematic approach to spirituality, take a look at almost all the religions, True Christianity(the one christ and the founding fathers practiced before the roman empire hijacked it) is centred on love. Islam is centred on peace, Confucianism is mostly about respect, Buddhism is more about self control etc.

They are all centred on virtues.
This common similarity should be used as your claim when you want to make logical deductions about religion.

You have to stop generalizing that religion is centred on gods first and also stop taking the roman-greco Christianity or the modern Arab islam as a yardstick for religion before you can get to know where we're coming from when we say atheism is a religion.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by janettee(f): 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
MrColdsweat:
You're dumber than I thought. Where is the inferential link between my being an assistant professor and my comments on national issues?

Your education is a waste.

You are a religious bigot and promote tribalism?.

Someone with your level of supposed 'education' shouldn't be doing that but here we are lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (130) (Reply)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.