Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? (34640 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
@Frosbel

With regards to Bible inconsistencies. I agree with you, and believe that all christians who read the bible do see it.
Unbelievers try to point out these inconsistencies to us as gaps that show the bible is fraud.

We christians approach it a different way.
Some of us simply try reconciling using various tools such as original texts for it to fit with our denominational view.
So someone reads where the bible says an evil spirit from God. The person then interprets it as God allowed an evil spirit

Some others just like the israelites who could not bear to hear God speak or see Moses face simply put a veil over it and forbid others from also going near

Some use these inconsistencies to chart new denominational leadership courses where they are the ones that are sole interpreters of the bible

Some take a look at these inconsistencies, attempt to reconcile them and are rebuffed by others who have formed temples around the bible. They soon fall away from christianity.

Some say that the bible is the word of God. And in so doing cannot find faults in it. The inconsistencies are simply waived away saying stuff like "you cannot question God"

I on my own believe that all questions have an answer. I believe that if God be true, he would sort out queris
This believe is not set in stone and can change with time.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
..continued

@ Frosbel

I like you also question how folks arrived at selecting some books and discarding others to form the bible
I also imagine if the selection process was to have taken place now, how men like Chris, Oyedepo, TD jakes, idahosa, Benny Hinn, The Pope etc
would have influenced the selection according to their own views

I read with amusement when to quiet curios folks, the bible guardians refer the the book of Timothy which says that "All scripture is God-breathed"
It is amusing because the writer was not referring to the bible as we now know it.

But interestingly that is the same scripture on which i stand on when reconciling biblical inconsistencies
albeit in a uniquely different way

This is how I have by God's grace I have made my peace with the inconsistencies

Paraphrased for impact, Genesis says that in the begining God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form and void,
and darkness was upon the surface of the deep,
but despite this inconsistency of creation vs gloom the wind/Spirit of God moved over the waters

Also, Genesis tells us how God puts clay together and breathes into it for man to emerge

So when the writer of Timothy says that all scripture is God breathed and profitable for different uses, what all these verses together minister to me is that:
yes, men may have written the scriptures based on their understanding of events and bias.
Even God speaking directly to some of them does not change the tendency for them to narrate it based on their bias and understanding.
Even those who translate the original would carry on with their own bias

But despite all of this, as long as God breathes on the imperfection, you would find its narratives extremely useful for success in your everyday life.

So even if you find it hard to believe (and reasonably so) that a donkey talked in the bible.
The story when it is God -breathed would teach you that all things both none-living and living will work together to ensure that no curse rests upon you

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
ooman:

Is virgin birth biology?

It's lieologic.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by PastorKun(m): 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
ooman:

Is virgin birth biology?

It most definitely is not biology, it's way beyond the limitations of biology. tongue
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
PastorKun:

It most definitely is not biology, it's way beyond the limitations of biology. tongue
Indeed, beyond the limitation of biology and into the realms of fantasy and magic, where all good lies breed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by johnydon22(m): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Frosbel just arrived... he have understand yahweh is the tribal god of the jews just like zeus is to the greeks and amadioha to ibos and so on. . . christianity borrowed the idea of yahweh from the jews and modernized yahweh by removing all the barbaric attributes he possessed during the judaic period.
Now his researches have made him question all he has been thought as a christian and he has seen the fallacies behind it all.
i advice y'all christians not to do ur research or question ur beliefs applying ur reasoning cus u will surely loose ur faith.
just believe what u want since it works for u, then it is good for you.
Thanks You

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
@ frosbel

And finally by brethren grin

Its because of this my belief that I am unperturbed by our modern day men of God. both the good and bad
If the bible is written by imperfect men but is God breathed
I believe that despite some of the shenanigans and inconsistencies of our MOG's as long as they are God-breathed on
they do serve at least some useful purpose for God
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by johnydon22(m): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:
@ frosbel

Its because of this my belief that I am unperturbed by our modern day men of God. both the good and bad
I believe that despite some of the shenanigans and inconsistencies of our MOG's as long as they are God-breathed on

So guy narrating all the events concerning the jewish myth in a holy book. all the jewish history and myths and legends are all god breathed.. na u know

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by PastorKun(m): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
musKeeto:

Indeed, beyond the limitation of biology and into the realms of fantasy and magic, where all good lies breed.

What is this one saying
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by plaetton: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:
@ frosbel

This is biggest bulkshyte I read in a long time, and once again, it gives me another insight in the thinking processes of the Christian mind.
It also highlights why I continue to insist that Christianity is a religion founded upon, built upon, perpetuated upon, and sustained by FRAUD.
You, just like the fraudster Paul, are saying that as long as mogs are doing useful work for your imaginary god, we should all give them a break, look the other way.

This clearly dovetails with what Frosbel is lamenting; that our land and souls have been indelibly corrupted by the contradictory and morally schizophrenic nature of these foreign religions.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
plaetton:

......You, just like the fraudster Paul, are saying that as long as mogs are doing useful work for your imaginary god, we should all give them a break, look the way ....

uhnnn
u read my write up and arrived at this.
Clearly, we're on different wavelengths in both spiritual and secular dimensions

cheers
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
plaetton:

Spoken like a politician.
Being a private citizen, why does Frosbel need to be politically correct in his soul searching?

If you walk into a park and see you girlfriend in a tight embrace with a hunk
You could either shout "cheating beaitch" or "what's happening here?"

If as an aggressive person you say the first, the tendency is that you knock out her teeth immediately
and the hunk knocks you out completely

If on the other hand, you say the second, there is a chance that she would say "na my long lost cousin oo"
and you and the hunk would be chilling over some cold beer in some hours from then

Your words affect your thinking and doing process and so does your thinking process affect the words you speak
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
johnydon22:

So guy narrating all the events concerning the jewish myth in a holy book. all the jewish history and myths and legends are all god breathed.. na u know

Dude there are some aspects of the bible that even the most scientific of persons way smarter than you would consider as credible.
For example, the Israelites immigrating from Egypt or being taken captive
Others they would dismiss as myth for example Moses stretching out his staff to the sea and parting it

So why would you call everything a myth?
Does that come across as sound reasoning even to the most unbelieving
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by ooman(m): 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
PastorKun:

See self-delusion. Why do you people just enjoy to lie to yourself all in the name of belief?

By faith, you believe that a virgin was pregnant, and this is proof that a virgin was actually pregnant. SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by ooman(m): 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
musKeeto:

cheesy
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Weah96: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

Dude there are some aspects of the bible that even the most scientific of persons way smarter than you would consider as credible.

No thinking person today believes that the exodus was an ACTUAL EVENT. Even RABBIS are finally telling the truth, that the thing was a fictional story. Better learn about African exodus from somewhere, and leave the Jewish myth alone.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Judaism/2004/12/Did-The-Exodus-Really-Happen.aspx#

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

Others they would dismiss as myth for example Moses stretching out his staff to the sea and parting it

I still hold the bible as a book with more truth than lies, however it is very difficult to believe all the doctrines and stories I have learnt without an intensive exercise of due diligence carried out on each of them.

Why ? Because when you lie to me once trust goes out of the window and I will from that point on have to examine and re-examine anything/everything you say to avoid falling into another doctrinal quagmire.

Common sense I think smiley
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
ooman:

See self-delusion. Why do you people just enjoy to lie to yourself all in the name of belief?

By faith, you believe that a virgin was pregnant, and this is proof that a virgin was actually pregnant. SMH

What you've said is true alright
i.e that proof can not rest on mere belief

Although It was not me you were responding to, but considering that I can be reluctantly bunched into the 'superstitious' crew ...reluctant because even me dey tire for my co travellers
while you thankfully belong to the logical camp but on the other side
let me intervene a little to explain what you call our self delusion for the incredulous.

we (and I guess other religions) believe that the start of everything was initiated by a being
Lets call that initiation point, point O

We believe that this being created a logical process that drives from 0 through 10 all the way to infinity or the end.
We believe that that this being is able to and does intervene in points in the system journey after point 0.

Now, if we've believed the beings intervention in point 0, we are not swayed when you guys tell us that he did not or is not able to intervene in other points after point 0. We do have different narratives/views of how the being is able to intervene in the journey through time.

Since we believe he can intervene, we find it credible to believe stories we were told of his intervention even if we did not witness it. We call this miracles, signs and wonders.

Now, your goal on the other side should not be to concentrate on points after point 0 except you want to credibly show us how we are being deceived by men that say that they are able to cause the being to intervene. If you do show us this, it weakens our trust on these men, but we still seek the being.

What you should concentrate your efforts on is to prove to us that point 0 never occurred with the beings input in the first place. If the being did not do it, then he is powerless in the process thereafter.
For now, all we have from you guys is the big bang theory.
This just like the belief in God does not address the question "what was before this?"

We on our side can even better argue that God being spiritually infinite, was always.
The same cannot be said of matter which produced the big bang

So we do have a logic to our madness for now
So strike the root and only then will our edifice crumble

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by plaetton: 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

But of some portions of the Bible contain some truths about historical events.
For example, the verse in genesis that says that there Nefilims ( giants ) in those days.

However, it is easy for most of you to forget that significant parts of the old testament were parlayed from much older Babylonian , Egyptian and Sumerian records, available to Abraham, Moses and the earliest patriarchs of the Hebrew tribe who were originally from Sumer, live in Egypt for centuries, and held captive in Babylon for 75 yes.

So , we know where these historical references came from.
The actual fraud started when the Hebrew priests and scribes began to plagiarize the Babylonian records by su stituting Babylonian historical characters and deity with theirs.
Once this fraud started, they could no longer stop. They has to keep it going with even more and more cascades of fraud.

Moses birth and his basket of reeds theme is plagiarized from the story of Sargon the Great, king of Sumer and Akhad.

The exodus is clearly another super fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by wirinet(m): 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
Weah96:

No thinking person today believes that the exodus was an ACTUAL EVENT. Even RABBIS are finally telling the truth, that the thing was a fictional story. Better learn about African exodus from somewhere, and leave the Jewish myth alone.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Judaism/2004/12/Did-The-Exodus-Really-Happen.aspx#

No evidence whatsoever outside the Torah that the Jews were ever held captive in Egypt, a jew was Pharoah's prime minister or that the exodus ever took place. The Egyptians we meticulous record keepers and their records contained non of these events.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
Weah96:

Neither agreeing nor disproving the narrative because I have not investigated it
In this instance, I purposely chose the word "immigration" over "Exodus"
for a reason such as this wink
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

I this instance, I chose the word "immigration" over "Exodus"

provide historical proof that this event happened as described, i.e the sea parted on both sides just like in prince of egypt.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Weah96: 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

we (and I guess other religions) believe that the start of everything was initiated by a being

Correction: the being you think started everything is different from the beings that others worship as the creator. We know this to be true because there are different manuals which could not have all come from the SAME being. So the atheist is left with the unpleasant choice of selecting the appropriate being from a multitude of other beings. Points 0 to 10 are irrelevant if everyone is presumably facing some form of punishment from one of these beings.

Would Allah approve of your activities? Would Krishna?

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by ooman(m): 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

What you've said is true alright
i.e that proof can not rest on mere belief

Although It was not me you were responding to, but considering that I can be reluctantly bunched into the 'superstitious' crew ...reluctant because even me dey tire for my co travellers
while you thankfully belong to the logical camp but on the other side
let me intervene a little to explain what you call our self delusion for the incredulous.

We believe that this being created a logical process that drives from 0 through 10 all the way to infinity or the end.
We believe that that this being is able to and does intervene in points in the system journey after point 0.

Now, if we've believed the beings intervention in point 0, we are not swayed when you guys tell us that he did not or is not able to intervene in other points after point 0. We do have different narratives/views of how the being is able to intervene in the journey through time.

Since we believe he can intervene, we find it credible to believe stories we were told of his intervention even if we did not witness it. We call this miracles, signs and wonders.

Now, your goal on the other side should not be to concentrate on points after point 0 except you want to credibly show us how we are being deceived by men that say that they are able to cause the being to intervene. If you do show us this, it weakens our trust on these men, but we still seek the being.

What you should concentrate your efforts on is to prove to us that point 0 never occurred with the beings input in the first place. If the being did not do it, then he is powerless in the process thereafter.
For now, all we have from you guys is the big bang theory.
This just like the belief in God does not address the question "what was before this?"

We on our side can even better argue that God being spiritually infinite, was always.
The same cannot be said of matter which produced the big bang

So we do have a logic to our madness for now
So strike the root and only then will our edifice crumble

Do you know how many times you mentioned "believe"? I could not even count.

@Bold - Since its all belief, you can argue anything...

But be advised that belief is not reality. You are therefore only wasting your time.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Weah96: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

Neither agreeing nor disproving the narrative because I have not investigated it
In this instance, I purposely chose the word "immigration" over "Exodus"

You were clearly referring to the exodus account of the bible. I wouldn't want to see you backtrack now. 600,000 people in one small desert for half a century and they left not one piece of evidence behind? Were they sleeping on the sand?

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
frosbel:

I still hold the bible as a book with more truth than lies, however it is very difficult to believe all the doctrines and stories I have learnt without an intensive exercise of due diligence carried out on each of them.

Why ? Because when you lie to me once trust goes out of the window and I will from that point on have to examine and re-examine anything/everything you say to avoid falling into another doctrinal quagmire.

Common sense I think smiley

You're perfectly in order
trust once broken is add to amend

I guess the question is who broke your trust?
Is it those that wrote the bible, who were probably not thinking about you when they wrote it?
Is it God? I am yet to hear of him saying the Bible is the complete truth of everything
Is it Jesus who did not bother writing a book?
Is it Paul who was writing his own narrative and sharing with his congregation?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by johnydon22(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

Bros isreal migrating from egypt is another fabricated myth. . . why is it that no other historical source gives account of this even from the egyptians. its only recorded in the bible how does that make it credible.
Dont even make me go there. . . .
And yes i know you are not an isrealite but their history and myths makes a whole more sense to u than urs.
you study their history more and ignore and neglect urs thats an utter shame.
When will africa wake up and seek its root embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Weah96:

You were clearly referring to the exodus account of the bible. I wouldn't want to see you backtrack now. 600,000 people in one small desert for half a century and they left not one piece of evidence behind? Were they sleeping on the sand?

yes I was
but I couched it in a language of uncertainty because I am yet to read other accounts of the event
but I strongly believe that isrealites who had been a nation [collection of people) for a long time
could have been normadic and had an immigration path through or from Egypt which was once a world center

What is incredible about that?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by johnydon22(m): 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

Bros isreal migrating from egypt is another fabricated myth, moses stretching his hand and the red sea parted, damn and u believe that a huge sea really parted. bro it was a huge exaggeration. am not suprised you believe it tho cus am sure you believe a snake talked like genesis said and a donkey talked to balaam and unicorns and leviathan etc like in the book of job..smh. . . why is it that no other historical source gives account of this marvellous event not even from the egyptians. its only recorded in the bible how does that make it credible.
Dont even make me go there. . . .
And yes i know you are not an isrealite but their history and myths makes a whole more sense to u than urs.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by ooman(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

What was before god? Whatever your answer is, is your answer to that question.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by esere826: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
johnydon22:

I didn't go in search of Jewish history
I am too lazy for that
it came down handed in a book to me
So did those of others

Now, if you write a popular Africa root book and make it available off the shelf
why should I DISDAIN FROM READING IT?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Weah96: 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
esere826:

yes I was
but I couched it in a language of uncertainty because I am yet to read other accounts of the event
but I strongly believe that isrealites who had been a nation [collection of people) for a long time
could have been normadic and had an immigration path through or from Egypt which was once a world center

What is incredible about that?

The incredible part is that the Biblical account is NOT TRUE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? / Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.