Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? (31880 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / How Much Authority Should A Pastor Have Over A Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
D whole church felt bad, u cld see d look on d faces of people, because sister faith is a very loving simple sister, a teacher in the children class, a hardworking sister
iamord:
if I were sister faith! I will stand up from my seat! Fly and give that mumu on the pulpit liu kang's bicycle kick! What rubbish! You see how these dumb people behave? Anyway it won't happen cos I no even get time for bs
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by 360command: 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Mind u, sister faith is a very simple lady, in her late 30s, no record of her rejecting anybody, she's a very simple and gentle sister, dat was why people felt bad
so why is she still single? Women are object of attraction, in their life time they must have encountered been with many guys and are you trying to say no one proposed marriage to her? Well, it is not a must to marry but if truly you want to marry, you will marry.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Deapexboy(m): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
Mehn!!!..linda ikeji need to attend this churchgringrin
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
But how does it concern d pastor? Disgracing her openly during preaching is wrong, does he know d problem she's passing through as regards men? Counselling shld ve bin better
360command:
so why is she still single? Women are object of attraction, in their life time they must have encountered been with many guys and are you trying to say no one proposed marriage to her? Well, it is not a must to marry but if truly you want to marry, you will marry.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by musiwa97: 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
x
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by lacreamieboie(m): 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Mind u, sister faith is a very simple lady, in her late 30s, no record of her rejecting anybody, she's a very simple and gentle sister, dat was why people felt bad
late 30s ke! Hope the Pastor shouted on the top of his voice
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by UAE123(m): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"
The Pastor is 100% wrong because there are other better ways to doing what he did without embarrassing any church member.

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nten: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
That pastor is a nicompoop for that act. If i were a member of that church i would have adressed him critically at the end of service. Some of them think when they handle MIC in front of that high table, they begin to see themselves as demi semi god that can do anyhow and nobody will complain.
I dont blame the pastor self, the sister faith herself might have engulfed herself in that "my-daddy-in-the-lord, my-father-in-the-lord bullshit" that will warrant such behavior in the-pastor-in-lord.

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hahahahahahahaha, funny grin
3cycle:

I told you to stop smoking dry paw paw leaves on sundays, see what it has done to you? grin
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yes he shouted ontop of his voice why do u ask?
lacreamieboie:

late 30s ke! Hope the Pastor shouted on the top of his voice
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Revolva(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"

well its embarassing but all these sisters are the problem..they too dey find big big things....from men dats why they will never get married...easily....but that pastor may have had enough seeing all them old ladies...in his church....lol...
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yea! Big story right?
Deapexboy:
Mehn!!!..linda ikeji need to attend this churchgringrin
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by seunique(m): 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
The pastor should marry her na

Fake pastors dem. mtchew
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by lacreamieboie(m): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Yes he shouted ontop of his voice why do u ask?
Very good! I support the Pastor... She must marry by force by fire!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by donMIG(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
Fake pastor!leave DAT church b4 he says go n steal n pay tithe
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wldnt it had being better if he prayed for her?
Revolva:

well its embarassing but all these sisters are the problem..they too dey find big big things....from men dats why they will never get married...easily....but that pastor may have had enough seeing all them old ladies...in his church....lol...
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Deapexboy(m): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Yea! Big story right?

eh!!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this

It is never right to do that in public for the following reasons:

1. The aim of giving someone an advice is to help the person. Doin it in that manner is disrespectful, causes embarrasment makes the person miss the point of the advice. What's hard in calling sister Faith after service and talking to her privately. Now sister Faith will be too embarrassed and angry to even think about his so-called advice.

2. Getting married is a personal decision. While we may be concerned abt our family members, friends, and ''sheep'' as the case may be, no one should coerce anyone to marry...cos no one will bear ''the tribulation in the flesh'' that comes with marriage for that person. So it's not an extreme situation. There is not set time for marriage and child bearing isnt the only reason for choosing to marry.

Though there re matters that require public admonition, (in a case were a person's conduct brings shame and embarrassment to the church) the aim of admonition is to help the errant person, and therefore should be done in a way that shows respect for the person.

How would we like God to start telling everyone our sins, before he forgives us? Or a doctor broadcasting ur illness on the evening news before prescribing a cure for you?

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this
Would you have been pleased if embarrassed in that manner??You church people sef
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by iamord(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
D whole church felt bad, u cld see d look on d faces of people, because sister faith is a very loving simple sister, a teacher in the children class, a hardworking sister
but no one in the church will be able to stand up and disprove the pastor, cos of fear of Gods wrath for disputing the pastor! And so shall it be! This is what has given the upper hand! I have seen a lot that no one needs to advice me to stay off these people.. Like his life is any clean
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
Its a branch of one of the popular churches though I won't mention d name of the church. I personally just feel the pastor crossed his boundary today.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by overlord77: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
asalimpo:

mADAM, stop talkg RUBBISH!
Your post was nansense from beginning to end,thts y i emboldened all!

No Mind.the woman, maybe because.she don manage marry or.smth. if I were that sis Faith, I wouldn't care who the pastor is but will give him a word or.two and leave that church. Spiritual father my foot. Why.embarrass the lady like that. He could have made his point without calling names. Rubbish!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by troy20(m): 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
What a shame.we suffer the weight of an oppressive government yet bear the deciet, humiliations of people bearing the self appointed titles of pastors and the like.it is because we let it happen.realy sad and shame On you women who support this

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by muzeze77: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
Most pastors I know like putting their nose in people's business always want to know what's going on in people's life
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Sharksblow(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hmmm.. Pastor!!! Sister Faith of all the single ladies!!!.
This beans sef don nearly burn.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
really??so if u were sista faith,u will thank the pastor for the disgrace abi??
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by danielganjo: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
fake pastor with bad mouth. why saying such a word in the Church, very bad of him.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Zellie: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
You gotta be kidding me shocked

I don't even know what to say to you sad angry
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by ladymichael: 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
asalimpo:

mADAM, stop talkg RUBBISH!
Your post was nansense from beginning to end,thts y i emboldened all!

Oya, I no wan hear sorry. Come and return my juice!I was laughing so hard that I hit my glass of juice.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
iamord:
but no one in the church will be able to stand up and disprove the pastor, cos of fear of Gods wrath for disputing the pastor! And so shall it be! This is what has given the upper hand! I have seen a lot that no one needs to advice me to stay off these people.. Like his life is any clean
dats why I don't like being known in d church, I just attend services dats all, after church I carry my bible and go to my house, nor be wen pastor sabi ur name him go use u do example for alrter?
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nuella222(f): 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
grin grin grin grin maybe sis Faith rejected him and now he want to get back at her, an eye for an eye things, but the pastor wicked o!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by iamord(m): 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
dats why I don't like being known in d church, I just attend services dats all, after church I carry my bible and go to my house, nor be wen pastor sabi ur name him go use u do example for alrter?
lol! And I don't go to church! When I used to go .. The pastors know me! Am not a party to bs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ten Things You May Not Know About Prophet Odumeje / Reasons Why You Should Not Think Of Sex At Your Youthful Age (fornication) / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.