Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? (31906 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / How Much Authority Should A Pastor Have Over A Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by darepoju(m): 11:34am On Dec 28, 2014
mehn!! dats insipid...really really unpalatable...
he should talk to her privately and pray for her too...
sis. faith... God is ur strength where ever u are ...
keep on praying ....that miracle is on the way...
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by SAMBARRY: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I know the Sis. Faith in question. She is old, ugly poor and has a low IQ, she's a feminist. Isn't she @op cheesy
brother ode for once

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by SAMBARRY: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2014
Kanwuliajara kanwulia mgbeketoto your attention is needed here
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Wow! Can't believe I made front page! Dat means 2015 will be a great year for me. Thanks y'all.......my first FP since I joined nairaland.
I told you to stop smoking dry paw paw leaves on sundays, see what it has done to you? grin

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2014
Such pastors did not attend seminary and theology schools, they just became pastor overnite
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Greatfes17: 11:38am On Dec 28, 2014
Segirl18:
I've also seen pastors who does that.... And to b frank wit, i feel bad hearing them talk like that. But sometimes, i dont seem to blame them much cos it doesnt seem like they r nt real men of God, but its the kind of personality they possess that makes some of them talk like that.. If someone is too lousy,loquacious or too plain, sumtimes it tends to reflect on d words they say.

Or imagine telling a pastor like that sumtin that bothers u, the whole church will hear it d next day....
Such is life.undecidedundecided
just imagine.

https://www.nairaland.com/2058227/establishing-business-center-around-fed

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2014
asalimpo:

mADAM, stop talkg RUBBISH!
Your post was nansense from beginning to end,thts y i emboldened all!

such a useless comment from him. dose kai ones dey give dier wives for pastor to bleep for holy ghost testing
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by SAMBARRY: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2014
Prodeegee:
Ask d pastor. Not Nlers

Are you sister faith? If No, then shut ur mouth and let sister faith handle her shii with the pastor.

Dyu knw what has transpired btw the pastor and sister faith?

Abi u get crush for sister faith
another pastors dog. undecided
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2014
SAMBARRY:
brother ode for once

Merry Christmas dear. Sorry I couldn't view the image cos I'm using 'imageless' browser. cry
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by tefund(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2014
lets face this fact...many people are not marriagable...it is not by force to marry
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2014
Its a shame that a man of God would openly condemn a fellow sister like that..This shows the extent of decadence in morals as well as emotions cum human feelings..He yabbed her to score points as an entertaining pastor,but he has lost sister faiths love even if she doesnt speak it out...Marriage isnt same as schooling,you can go to school but cant buy class,,same goes for marriage, with the popular saying,' after wedding,comes the marriage'..so becacuse sister faith is old and prolly desperate,she shud just pick anyhow man and mary so when she starts suffering in future,she will run to this same man of god...Its High Time our religious leaders preach about the gospel alone and deviate from other world or political stuff...some days ago a certain man in Benin crushed his lover to death over bedroom discussion matters...

2 Likes

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by lockupman(m): 11:43am On Dec 28, 2014
Yea I think so too. I don't believe the pastor would say such to directly want to make the Sister Faith feel bad. He just called a random name.

Tallesty1:
Lolest............ And you think he was referring to a member of his church. The sister faith he mentioned could be anybody.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by bukatyne(f): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this

It is extremely wrong
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by musiwa97: 11:46am On Dec 28, 2014
x
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by lockupman(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2014
Relax please. I can bet that the pastor just called a random name which, coincidentally, is Faith. I'm sure if Faith goes to the pastor, I'm sure the Pastor would feel bad at such coincidence. Let's not be quick to judge Men of God.

Justdulla:
Its a shame that a man of God would openly condemn a fellow sister like that..This shows the extent of decadence in morals as well as emotions cum human feelings..He yabbed her to score points as an entertaining pastor,but he has lost sister faiths love even if she doesnt speak it out...Marriage isnt same as schooling,you can go to school but cant buy class,,same goes for marriage, with the popular saying,' after wedding,comes the marriage'..so becacuse sister faith is old and prolly desperate,she shud just pick anyhow man and mary so when she starts suffering in future,she will run to this same man of god...Its High Time our religious leaders preach about the gospel alone and deviate from other world or political stuff...some days ago a certain man in Benin crushed his lover to death over bedroom discussion matters...
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by hayoakins(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this

That doesn't give him the right to disgrace her openly. In a crazy Nation like the USA, the person could commit suicide but Nigerians, we are fighters, we don't give up in the face of adversity.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Prodigalson1(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2014
mrs jackbaueress GO and MARRY. stop fantasizing abt jack bauer
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2014
Like they say in pidgin, person dey look face before him talk nonsense.

I've never been one to worship any pastor! Cus no human being can be above my God!

Pastors having diaherea mouth comes with you treating them like demi gods.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by buoye1(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2014
U typed whats on my mind......so i rest my case
kaima1984:
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Maximillian1: 11:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Total rubbish..the pastor has no fucking right to do that
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by oyeludef(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Prodeegee:
Ask d pastor. Not Nlers

Are you sister faith? If No, then shut ur mouth and let sister faith handle her shii with the pastor.

Dyu knw what has transpired btw the pastor and sister faith?

Abi u get crush for sister faith
learn to use ur brain ones in a while
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by AdeniyiA(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2014
if i were sis Faith, i would pack my Bible, bag
nd never step my feet in such church undecided
what happened to calling the sister one on one for such discussion ?

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by iamord(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2014
asalimpo:

mADAM, stop talkg RUBBISH!
Your post was nansense from beginning to end,thts y i emboldened all!

my broda when you are done...... Come and chop knuckle

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"
your Pastor made a mistake.
Irrespective of whatsoever he has told sis Faith in private.
He shouldn't v disgraced her publicly!
Last Bullet
Anyways, it may be an avenue for her to get a suitor quickly!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by iamord(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
He called sister faith specifically and even said where is she? Pointed and told her to go and marry, did u read d post at all?
if I were sister faith! I will stand up from my seat! Fly and give that mumu on the pulpit liu kang's bicycle kick! What rubbish! You see how these dumb people behave? Anyway it won't happen cos I no even get time for bs
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by cozy7(m): 11:58am On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"
PLZ TELL SISTER FAITH TO GO COMMIT SUICIDE.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by dnawah(m): 11:58am On Dec 28, 2014
sister faith?wat a coincident?if i be u i go leave that church.wat a pastor?he doesn't even no his Bible.na man dey find woman,not woman.may God diagrace him too.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by iamord(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
Segirl18:
I've also seen pastors who does that.... And to b frank wit, i feel bad hearing them talk like that. But sometimes, i dont seem to blame them much cos it doesnt seem like they r nt real men of God, but its the kind of personality they possess that makes some of them talk like that.. If someone is too lousy,loquacious or too plain, sumtimes it tends to reflect on d words they say.

Or imagine telling a pastor like that sumtin that bothers u, the whole church will hear it d next day....
Such is life.undecidedundecided
such is not life..such is what we created of this life! U give so called pastors that aint worth your shoe so much attention. That's what u get
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
Haba!!! Dats harsh broda
cozy7:
PLZ TELL SISTER FAITH TO GO COMMIT SUICIDE.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by ify84(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
Sister faith, sorry o.... Such a pity statement from ur oga at d top.... Even God will be embarrassed with dat statement.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by cozy7(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
asalimpo:
*I wud wish the ground wud open up and swallow me. If i were faith *

How right the bible is.
A fool is known by his words.

Besides, what's up with this marraige thing,like we're gonna b down here forever *dodging bombs and tryna make it in a decayg and sinkg world*

peopl marry and their spouse die - they remarry.
Some dont marry and live productive lives.
Some marry and it's so so.
Others marry and its hell all d way
others marry and its bliss.
Nothng d biggie. Others adopt childdren.

THIS MUST BE D WAY SISTER FAITH WAS THINKING WEN SHE WAS 20YRS OLD.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Defcon1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
Really shocked
A pastor is right to embarrass a member for being what...
single?!!
It's only in Nigeria that being single is a heinous crime that one should be ashamed of and rightfully ridiculed
Her marital status is her personal business and has absolutely nothing to do with her devotion to God...after all many of the great apostles were celibate
Even if she has been too selective it's her life,her rules
if she ends up marrying some loser, the same vindictive pastor would still blame her for failing in marriage
The success of marriage starts with choosing the right partner.
On this evidence,the so-called pastor is 100% wrong!
Only in Nigeria that pastors set up themselves to be over-indulged,feared and worshipped as if they were the very God they claim to preach about.
A typical Nigerian pastor is infallible.
That's why they often do and say silly things and always get away with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Used ‘abidoshaker’ To Bring Down Dollar — Prophet Odumeje / Ten Things You May Not Know About Prophet Odumeje / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.