Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? (31919 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / How Much Authority Should A Pastor Have Over A Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
iamord:
such is not life..such is what we created of this life! U give so called pastors that aint worth your shoe so much attention. That's what u get
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
iamord:
such is not life..such is what we created of this life! U give so called pastors that aint worth your shoe so much attention. That's what u get

lol. Exactly dear....

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Like I said b4, its a branch of one of the biggest churches in nigeria. I won't mention d name of the church
madgoat:
Some pastors are just so full of themselves. Some think and act like mini-gods. Im sure it happened in one of diz small mushroom churches dat just litter every nook and cranny.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by dhaewood(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
[size=48pt]BISHOP COSAM GABRIEL[/size]
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
I pity guys that hunt for wives in churches sha considering what I do see alot of babes do these days..
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Orikinla(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this

Sure.
The pastor did not disgrace her. But has blessed her.
Like when Pastor E.A Adeboye mentions the problem of somebody during preaching, the time for the problem to be solved has come.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by blakky97(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this
dust.

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Danbam(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
Lolest............ And you think he was referring to a member of his church. The sister faith he mentioned could be anybody.

Av u bin reading the thread @all
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by sconp: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
what the pastor did was an insult. There are a thousand and one better ways to pass such information.
How do you expect the lady to feel? Oh yes the pastor is her spiritual director, but would you love to be controlled that way.

@the bolden, was that how your own issue was solved?

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by KMB: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
No right whatsoever
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Originalsly: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"
Why are you still part of the church lead by such a man? .... you should be able to discern...not judge...discern that he is not of God. I guess he was trying to have an affair with her and she kept turning him down so he chose to publicly embarrass her. Happens all the time...."how dare she go against God's anointed?"

1 Like

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Moukafoam(f): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
kennygee:
I don't think its right.

Pastors are to direct or lead, not make your situation worse by embarrassing or disgracing people.

Some even slap their members undecided
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Tallesty1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Danbam:

Av u bin reading the thread @all
Do you know the meaning of "Modify"?
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:

Kaima dear, why are you reasoning this way? Honestly, I normally wouldn't comment on issues like this, but lemme ask you if you were in sister faith's position will you still have the same view on this issue as you do now?
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nmeri17:
hmmm...I imagine sis Faith gave him the punny for a while and began to HOARD it so he wants to get back at her wink

people wey God go judge that day go plenty sha

I'll rather wànk for 90 minutes straight than attend such church angry

self-service for 90mins? U wan kill urself? That's a complete period of time for a football session.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by uniquelady247: 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
Well I can say that the time to remember her has come
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by folawiyoma(m): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
He called sister faith specifically and even said where is she? Pointed and told her to go and marry, did u read d post at all?

Can't stop laughing. So go and marry has now turn to insult now abi. What of me that my pastor say am dating girls in the choir openly. He said I should stay on one person when he does not even know I have been f**k her sister inlaw.

Seriously I was angry but I later stop the act and I now understand this people are not just called man of God by mouth but God make them see things average me and you could not see
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by delishpot: 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:

E don happen grin grin
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ur own case sef u deserve to be flogged koboko in front of the alter, u dey chop pastor wife sister, aint u scared?
folawiyoma:

Can't stop laughing. So go and marry has now turn to insult now abi. What of me that my pastor say am dating girls in the choir openly. He said I should stay on one person when he does not even know I have been f**k her sister inlaw.

Seriously I was angry but I later stop the act and I now understand this people are not just called man of God by mouth but God make them see things average me and you could not see
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by delishpot: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ilekeh:

You and the other 12 didinrins that liked your post need mental healing.

But unfortunately, their loved ones will still take them to that same pastor in search of the required mental healing.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by luluosas(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"
He was high on something.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by ademoladeji(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
I bet that Pastor juz lost @ least 1 member from his congregation. What's his problem with sister Faith? Maybe sister Faith no wan gree make Pastor enter the place... We've seen pastors doin alingo with choir members n sisters in d Lord... Make the pastor face his church business n leave madam Faith alone. That's disgusting n disgracing
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by folawiyoma(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Ur own case sef u deserve to be flogged koboko in front of the alter, u dey chop pastor wife sister, aint u scared?

I don repent bro. The gurl sef don marry now.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Badt guy
folawiyoma:

I don repent bro. The gurl sef don marry now.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
mayorhy:

it's a savings account designed for students especially Undergraduates with minimum opening balance of 1k
Email mayorhay@gmail.com .com if you need morebinfo
Hi, mailed you couple of hours back but no reply.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by vislabraye(m): 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:

So you can say something like this ? Just pray that a pastor does not blow open your yyansh in public..
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by vislabraye(m): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
folawiyoma:

The spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet. If a MOG should start opening up people's assss in public, then what's the need for confidentiality? We can as well be blasting ourselves nah. That's where the Catholic are more civilized. Everybody is given respect.

If a man for instance has been sleeping with goat and comes for deliverance, that kind of pastor will just shout "ABOMINATION" and then broadcast it.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by vislabraye(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
Moukafoam:

I like your dp Oh. Kai. Which one you be, the one on the left or right?
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by iamord(m): 11:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Moukafoam:

mouka foam grin you bodi go soft gan!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by charming247(m): 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
you are very sick.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 29, 2014
But seriously, this is really an insult. Marriage isnt by force in the first place. **tongue aside** but it all depends on the Faith's character towards the things of God.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by eROCK247(m): 12:08am On Dec 29, 2014
kaima1984:
He could very well have spoken to her privately. BTW, he has NO RIGHT to pressurize anyone into marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ten Things You May Not Know About Prophet Odumeje / Reasons Why You Should Not Think Of Sex At Your Youthful Age (fornication) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.