Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,462 members, 7,954,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? (32210 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / How Much Authority Should A Pastor Have Over A Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
Marc9:
I bet the pastor made passes at sister Mary and she rejected him thus, he chose to diss her openly.

Only 1% of pastors were called by God. The remaining 99% were called by the devil to feign people and lead them astray.

If I was sister Mary, I'd stand up and tell the pastor to shut up!
uncle,itz sista faith,nt mary.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by zheroes(m): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
it aint right for anyone to pressure anybody regarding marriage. is it by force? what if no one is coming? if she is in her late 30s its obvious it will be difficult as even guys in that age bracket would go for a younger girl, why scold her in public. that was hell immature. why not talk to her in private and market her to responsible men he possibly knows. the pastor was wrong.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by vooks: 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
I don't write for everyone

tpacalipse:
How many of them would recognise?
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by omusiliyu(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
Shebi he's man of God. God directed him to call Sister Faith.... I think
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"
...I blame sister faith for being a member of that church-if she is not a member of the church,no one will embarrass her...
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by drnoel: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this

that pastor should be linched. He get luck say na sis faith name in call not someother hot headed spinsters that would take him up there while he is still talking.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Ilekeh(f): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
If I was sister faith, I'd have shouted "I'll marry when you stop stealing the poor masses' money" right back at him. smiley
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by redsun(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
Because his converts are under hypnotic spell and he can do and say whatever he likes to them.

There are more fascinating things in life than child-like and strife full marriages. Like being free from the bondage of organised religions and fundamental ignoramce that makes people listen to people like that.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Ilekeh(f): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:
50% right,for him t talk to sis faith like that,it means that sis faith has been rejecting suitor's my dear,for d fact that he reacted that way on her it means he want d best f her,d pastor is her spiritual director,lastly some issues are solved in an extreme way like this

You and the other 12 didinrins that liked your post need mental healing.

3 Likes

Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by mayorhy: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
thatjunegirl:
please who knows how the diamond bank S.W.A.G account works?
it's a savings account designed for students especially Undergraduates with minimum opening balance of 1k
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by mayorhy: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
thatjunegirl:
please who knows how the diamond bank S.W.A.G account works?
it's a savings account designed for students especially Undergraduates with minimum opening balance of 1k
Email mayorhay@gmail.com .com if you need morebinfo
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Prodeegee(m): 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
oyeludef:
learn to use ur brain ones in a while

And learn to mind your business all the time. Idiot!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
mayorhy:

Email mayorhay@gmail.com .com if you need morebinfo

Okay, thanks. I still need more clarifications though, will send you a mail now
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Prodeegee(m): 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
SAMBARRY:
another pastors dog. undecided

Yes, the type that'll bite away your career!
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by shinysmrt: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
My pastor was preaching and he dabbled into marriage issues and how some ladies are still unmarried considering their age, we all took it normal until he shouted " where is sister faith, go and marry u are old" I personally felt very bad for her. The question now is dis....."What right has a pastor to do something like that?"

Clemzo u need 2 tell us wat sis Faith did? Did she look ofended or embarrassed? Did she storm out of service? Does she still worship there? Finish d story
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by SAMBARRY: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Prodeegee:

Yes, the type that'll bite away your career!
yeah right. Pastors stooge grin

pastor has to decide everything about their lives including when and how to have sek
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by freecocoa(f): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
And people wonder why I think religion is a joke, bunch of deluded people, mschew.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by KLand(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:

The pastor should have been more discreet. How about talking to the sister in private?
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by simdam500(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
familiarity causes it at times, why be too close with your pastor to the extent of telling him your pain. what do u expect him to use to preach the next morning.

what happens to sha dura kin sha mi
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by ajf(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
No be una over-respect for them dey cause am? If any pastor tries that kinda nonsense with me ehn, the ushers would have to take both of us out of church for the service to continue....
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:

Its animals like you wey dey sweet for barbeque.Ewu
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
@such a pastor.... If you go to their homes, you will be happy you ain't married. Rubbish.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by blamelessly(f): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
Honestly, some people are not called to be pastors because they don't even understand what it means to be the shepherd to their sheep. Such pastors are arrogant, bossy and likes to intimidate people in the name of being the pastor. Pls get out of that church and find a spirit filled church to attend ...and advise sis Faith to do the same.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Classicman47(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Personally I wldnt take dat from any pastor, I think dat will be d last time I step my foot on dat church if such a thing shld happen to me.....is marriage by force? Afterall apostle paul was never married.

Maybe u shld just quit going there altogether.Cuz Who knws? Today it was Sister Faith, tomorow might just be ur own turn.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by charlesditro: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
being a pastor is no guarantee to publicly insult someone all in the name of wot Eva.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Classicman47(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
The question is What sort of Church is dat? Am sure it must be one of these local end time churches founded by some desperate bizness men/women who have no bizness leading ppl, much less religiously! Dat guy is clueless, he is dull, he is indiscreet and above all he is NOT intelligent. And how do u get up everymornin to go listen to such a man talk?
i'd rather stay in my house and listen to Rick Dee's weekly top 40 countdown. dat will be more spiritual for me.
My advice to Sister faith, pls ditch his ass and possibly demand for a refund of all the tithes and offerings ASAP!
well dat was a joke. but i wont go back if it was me.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by McSterling(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
clemzo101:
Your pastor is an assshole.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by madgoat(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
Some pastors are just so full of themselves. Some think and act like mini-gods. Im sure it happened in one of diz small mushroom churches dat just litter every nook and cranny.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by aameyah(f): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
kaima1984:

No. No. No. No.
How would you feel if it were you?
Is she the one to propose to herself?

This is just evil.
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by clemzo101(m): 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Like I said earlier sister faith is a very simple loving and hardowrking lady in church, a teacher in d children class....when d pastorr said all dat she looked shamed and faced down, she cldnt look up because everybody looked towards her directionn to get a glimpse of her.
shinysmrt:

Clemzo u need 2 tell us wat sis Faith did? Did she look ofended or embarrassed? Did she storm out of service? Does she still worship there? Finish d story
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by kaima1984(f): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
og2711:

Its animals like me wey dey sweet for barbeque.Ewu ka mu bu
Re: What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? by Dahyormine(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
JackBaueress1:
Thunder fire that useless pastor!

But he's no different from Bishop Oyedepo who publicly called an innocent girl a witch and even slapped her.
JackBaueress1:

But he's no different from Bishop Oyedepo who publicly called an innocent girl a witch and even slapped her.
JackBaueress1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Believers Should Speak In Tongues / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.