Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue (25878 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Ndigbo Will Not Tolerate Further Marginalization In Nigeria – MASSOB / Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by kindnyce(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
What do igbos really want?Abi dem want lagosians to vacate the town for them?
What could they have asked for.afterall u left East to make it easily in lagos with much security and et all/
PS:IF THEY ARE NOT OK,THEY SHOULD RELOCATE TO EROSION-RODDEN REGION

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Belmot(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
One day this little agitations we turn to something else....... I pray it doesn't turn to violence. Igbos still have a lot to learn about respecting your host.

9 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by DesChyko: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Yorubas are also been marginalized in Iboland, so ibos in lagos should deal with it !

1. Look up 'marginalization' in the dictionary.

2. Visit any 'South East' state of your choice.

3. Document carefully, one instance of marginalization common to Yorubas in the state of study.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Belmot(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
One day this little agitations we turn to something else....... I pray it doesn't turn to violence. Igbos still has a lot to learn about respecting your host.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by searay(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
What's the meaning of dialogue?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
One Nigeria.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by holoowah2sin: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
So what of the Yorubas in the East (igbo land)?

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by debo07(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
W
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Belmot(m): 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
One day this little agitations we turn to something else....... I pray it doesn't turn to violence. Igbos still has a lot to learn about respecting your host. Am yoruba to the core and I don't think I can ever hate any tribe in nigeria, we just need to respect each other more.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by chidiebere2020(m): 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
Omo igbo dey try 4 lagos, they are hardworkin, they pass other tribes in lagos in terms of hardworkin. They control lagos markrt
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
Descartes:
The Tinubu empire is aware of the numerical strength of Ndigbo that can cause a dangerous swing of political pendulum in favour of any party that has its interest at heart.
There u go.. they have start Chest beating again..

8 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Misogynist2014(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ndigbo, thread softly.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Adek15(m): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:
Yorubas want Igbos to thank them for not stealing their homes after the war LOL.

I'm currently not stealing anyone's home and they're not thanking me o. This write up is foolishness
after the civil war. The rivers state government seized properties belonging to igbos and gave it to its indigenes and nobody fought over it. So do well to applaud the Yorubas for not doing such

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by donmalcolm21(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Can any odua man in this forum kindly give joe igbokwe an Odua citizen form because he is more yoruba than igbo
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Descartes: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
olatunji21:

There u go.. they have start Chest beating again..
Which chest beating? undecided
Let them try anything funny you will see what is called protest votes angry
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by ahmedolawale: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Calculia:
APC and Igbokwe are not getting out of this one that easy. The request of Ndiigbo are lawful and a fundamental aspect of human rights.

In the Nigeria constitution, it falls under "freedom to association,Freedom of Belief and Religion, Freedom of Opinion and Information, Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association and Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections.

Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?

This is the problem that was raised by the NCSN and must be address in the next dispensation of Government in Lagos. Lagos is a state and not a region, it is multi-ethnic and not homogeneous or solely yoruba and this multi-ethnic character must be reflected in the governance of the city state, for the sake of equity and all inclusive government.
it is d accomodative nature of the yorubas dat has make Lagos look like multi ethnic and people should not abuse this. Let not start problem where there is none. Time will allow things happened naturally but if d igbos start pushing for things when it is not ripe it might leads to chaos. Can an African b d president of American hundred years ago but as u can see nau its an African man dats there president. This same issue was wat led to jos crises. Let's allow things to happen naturally. Can an ibo go to borno or any of the trouble and invest. So let's allow d peaceful atmosphere and stop creating tension by our behaviour and utterances.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by debo07(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
.Igbos are been given free hands to operate .Many of them are successful and we the Yorubas have never rebel against them in the name of jealousy or envy.instead we love them more even we are closer to Igbos than we are to Hausas.Stop saying you people are been marginalised in Lagos because its not true.Even your states government don't give you condusive environment like here in Lagos.You know you guys can't be loved and accepted like this in north.please let's continue to live in peace and don't start unnecessary riot and bad atmosphere.God bless us all.

10 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
holoowah2sin:
So what of the Yorubas in the East (igbo land)?
can u name one yolloba investment in Igbo land? Igbo investment is in billions of US Dollars, we contribute to the development of lagos so we deserve more than we are getting.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by sam90s(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
Calculia:
APC and Igbokwe are not getting out of this one that easy. The request of Ndiigbo are lawful and a fundamental aspect of human rights.

In the Nigeria constitution, it falls under "freedom to association,Freedom of Belief and Religion, Freedom of Opinion and Information, Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association and Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections.

Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?

This is the problem that was raised by the NCSN and must be address in the next dispensation of Government in Lagos. Lagos is a state and not a region, it is multi-ethnic and not homogeneous or solely yoruba and this multi-ethnic character must be reflected in the governance of the city
state, for the sake of equity and all inclusive government.

"In the Nigeria constitution...................................................Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?"

Where did you pull all this out from?, I'm sure not from the Nigerian constitution.

Nigerian geopolitical zoning classified Lagos state as part of the South-West states,
And Awolowo's decision to return properties and monies belonging to Igbos who flee the South-West during the civil war, it's strange how you missed that little detail, I think it was Shawn Carter who once said in an interview that people who are not wired for progress will always dwell on things you didn't do for them and refuse to acknowledge things you've done for them, no matter the magnitude (even things they can't do for others). For your information, it's not only in Lagos that Igbos are doing well, go to Ibadan the story are similar, I have many Igbo friends who expressed their desire to build their home in Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adek15:
after the civil war. The rivers state government seized properties belonging to igbos and gave it to its indigenes and nobody fought over it. So do well to applaud the Yorubas for not doing such

I'm going to say this again, you don't thank someone for not stealing your home. Rivers State's entire generation will go to hell for it fine, but there's no reward for not stealing someone's home. Do you thank people on the street for not robbing you?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by ademoladeji(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
Calculia:

This is the problem that was raised by the NCSN and must be address in the next dispensation of Government in Lagos. Lagos is a state and not a region, it is multi-ethnic and not homogeneous or solely yoruba and this multi-ethnic character must be reflected in the governance of the city state, for the sake of equity and all inclusive government.
lolz... Lagos na for Yoruba not Igbo nor Hausa... Abuja na for Hausas.... Aba for Igbos.... No matter how you slice it, Lagos na South-West not SS nor SE
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lowgeorge aka loopman won't you greet your oga.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by emiye(m): 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

I'm going to say this again, you don't thank someone for not stealing your home. Rivers State's entire generation will go to hell for it fine, but there's no reward for not stealing someone's home. Do you thank people on the street for not robbing you?
A fool you are, so you misplaced a wallet statched with foreign currency, and a man sees it and returns it to you, and you collect it and say "Hey, i dont need to thank you for seeing my wallet and giving it back to me"

I repeat, a fool you are

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
sam90s:

"In the Nigeria constitution...................................................Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?"

Where did you pull all this out from?, I'm sure not from the Nigerian constitution.

Nigerian geopolitical zoning classified Lagos state as part of the South-West states,
And Awolowo's decision to return properties and monies belonging to Igbos who flee the South-West during the civil war, it's strange how you missed that little detail, Shawn Carter said that people who are not wired for progress will always dwell on things you didn't do for them and refuse to acknowledge things you've done for them, no matter the magnitude (even things they can't do for others)

The agitation for Igbo representation in Lagos Government didn't begin today. It is something that has been with us since day one of Nigeria's creation. Awolowo introduced election annulment into Nigeria by blocking all the Igbo winners for Lagos seats (which were overwhelmingly high). That's where the bad blood between him and Azikiwe began. Awolowo couldn't stand that his 'yoruba' party was beaten by Zik's 'Igbo party'. So nobody is going to thank him for stealing our homes, especially when he stole our money (20 Pound Policy), and the seats we had won in the Lagos Parliament.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by BokoHaramm: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
My people will always welcome ibo people because you can not take away the level of business acumen they do bring to an area they reside
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
emiye:

A fool you are, so you misplaced a wallet statched with forign currency, and a man sees it and returns it to you, and you collect it and say "Hey, i dont need to thank you for seeing my wallet and giving it back to me"

I repeat, a fool you are

LOL so someone runs to East Nigeria because they are killing everyone in his tribe in West and North Nigeria and suddenly his home in Lagos is lost? The next time you go to the hospital I will hope to see someone run inside your house and ask you to thank them for 'giving it back'

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by ademoladeji(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
can u name one yolloba investment in Igbo land? Igbo investment is in billions of US Dollars, we contribute to the development of lagos so we deserve more than we are getting.
Who dey chop the money wey Igbos dey get from Lagos? Mtsheeew
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by VirginFinder: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
Calculia:

Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State.

Nonsense!

I think Joe Igbokwe has outlived his usefulness.

He is on his own!!

No chance for ibos in Lagos politics!!!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
I still don't understand why Ndi-Igbo will want to delve into Yoruba politics. Why don't we agitate for better roads, fair taxation, expansion of our market and eradication of agbero from our major markets instead of asking for political positions? Are we this short sighted biko nu?

I am proudly Igbo and i disassociate myself and members of my family from this foolish demand.

11 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by emiye(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
A time will come when igbos will so crave for the present opportunity they have in Lagos, they will look back, and realised they had thrown away a lot with sheer foolishness. Stifling igbos is not hard to do, infact it is so easy to do, they are calling for it. Many traders will be forced to relocate, when the heat is turned on.

12 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
emiye:

A fool you are, so you misplaced a wallet statched with forign currency, and a man sees it and returns it to you, and you collect it and say "Hey, i dont need to thank you for seeing my wallet and giving it back to me"

I repeat, a fool you are
can you leave insult young man and civil with your statement.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hm IGBO'S...SMH. Touble brewing undecided undecided angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

El-rufa’i Leading With Landslide In Kaduna / Africa's Name Before Europeans Renamed It Africa / Shehu Sani To Gowon: You Became Head Of State In Your Early 30s, Should We..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.