Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue (25959 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Ndigbo Will Not Tolerate Further Marginalization In Nigeria – MASSOB / Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by eaglechild: 12:48am On Dec 30, 2014
VirginFinder:

You'll never know!

And that's why we Yorubas have been agitating for ibos to throw their 'huge' weight and voting strength behind the ibo APGA ibo candidate as a true test of their population in Lagos.

Insecure, cowardly ibos wont budge. They'll rather queue for deputy governorship slot under Jimi Agbaje which they will never get in millennia to come.
Ok
I can safely assume that it is a figment of your imagination.

Thanks.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by OneNaira6: 12:53am On Dec 30, 2014
islandbreeze:
are you sure those are not of fake drugs you imported from aba? Well give me a comprehensive detail of that.
http://abusidiqu.com/igbos-shameless-ethnic-group-greed-selfishness-junaid-muhammed/ greedy tribe.

I gave you real stats from organizations including FBI and your ediotic sef gave me ranting.
You see why I said I'm yet to see the so called "sense" una attributed unaselves.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by eaglechild: 12:55am On Dec 30, 2014
ProfCorruption:

OK o. I would like to discuss Enugu. Don't you think is ripe for Enugu to appoint someone from either Kano or Ondo as commissioner, in the spirit of integration?
Absolutely, and it has actually been done before.

Like I said Enugu, Ekiti or Zamfara for example are not as diverse as Lagos.

Political set ups should reflect the innate diversity of a place and Lagos is a shining example of a thriving diversity that should be nurtured in order to encourage others.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by knowledgeable: 12:58am On Dec 30, 2014
debo07:
.Igbos are been given free hands to operate .Many of them are successful and we the Yorubas have never rebel against them in the name of jealousy or envy.instead we love them more even we are closer to Igbos than we are to Hausas.Stop saying you people are been marginalised in Lagos because its not true.Even your states government don't give you condusive environment like here in Lagos.You know you guys can't be loved and accepted like this in north.please let's continue to live in peace and don't start unnecessary riot and bad atmosphere.God bless us all.

Most Igbos have always know that they and Yourbas ar genetically and culturally related, but the Nigeria Factor and do or die politics and policies of the Yorubas toward the Igbos (betraying and joining in genocide) will always make Igbos extra extra sensitive to the issues of the day to a fault.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 30, 2014
eaglechild:

Absolutely, and it has actually been done before.

Political set ups should reflect the innate diversity of a place and Lagos is a shining example of a thriving diversity that should be nurtured in order to encourage others.

Why did Enugu stop it? Is Enugu no longer as diverse as when it was implemented?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by olanje: 1:01am On Dec 30, 2014
post like this make me feel all igbo pple are so stewpid and senseless, for crying out loud how long wil u kip parrotting ur goddam cesspit singing and psalming marginalization hymn in a foreign land just to gain public sympathy? From kano to kaduna to Lagos, the same tales of marginalization... why can't you go back to ur cockroach invested hamlets and improve the economy there, instead of crying wolf in a foreign land? Igbos growup!

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by eaglechild: 1:10am On Dec 30, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Why did Enugu stop it? Is Enugu no longer as diverse as when it was implemented?

Perhaps, and i think if any group feels marginalized they should by all means seek for better treatment.

That is the integration we are talking about.
And just to add i am talking about the recent past.( I mean the appointments)
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 30, 2014
eaglechild:

Perhaps, and i think if any group feels marginalized they should by all means seek for better treatment.

That is the integration we are talking about.
And just to add i am talking about the recent past.( I mean the appointments)
Perhaps, Lagos will follow Enugu's example. If Enugu can stop such an appointment, what's the point in Lagos doing?

Of course people can shout marginalization where there is none. But where is proof of such marginalization?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Remarkable: 1:19am On Dec 30, 2014
olanje:
post like this make me feel all igbo pple are so stewpid and senseless, for crying out loud how long wil u kip parrotting ur goddam cesspit singing and psalming marginalization hymn in a foreign land just to gain public sympathy? From kano to kaduna to Lagos, the same tales of marginalization... why can't you go back to ur cockroach invested hamlets and improve the economy there, instead of crying wolf in a foreign landed? Igbos wise up!

--
People like you make me think all Yorubas are id.iots with low mental abilities and 0 thinking faculty....

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by eaglechild: 1:30am On Dec 30, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Perhaps, Lagos will follow Enugu's example. If Enugu can stop such an appointment, what's the point in Lagos doing?

Of course people can shout marginalization where there is none. But where is proof of such marginalization?

I have not seen anyone complaining or clamoring for political recognition in Enugu or Ekiti or Zamfara which clearly shows they are satisfied so why fix a good part.

If anyone feels cheated he should by all means protest.

Besides two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 30, 2014
eaglechild:

I have not seen anyone complaining or clamoring for political recognition in Enugu or Ekiti or Zamfara which clearly shows they are satisfied so why fix a good part.

If anyone feels cheated he should by all means protest.

Besides two wrongs can never make a right.

Exactly. Lagos appointed Akabueze as commissioner. Lagos had appointed from Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Kwara, Anambra etc. Is Lagos the only diverse state in Nigeria? And who exactly is marginalized in Lagos?

Are we not supposed to encourage others to emulate Lagos? Are we not supposed to commend Lagos?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by hinohsend: 2:13am On Dec 30, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
can u name one yolloba investment in Igbo land? Igbo investment is in billions of US Dollars, we contribute to the development of lagos so we deserve more than we are getting.

If u tink u NT gettin wat u deserve...get d Bleep out
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Spirit1(m): 2:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Ikengawo:
Yorubas want Igbos to thank them for not stealing their homes after the war LOL.

I'm currently not stealing anyone's home and they're not thanking me o. This write up is foolishness

It's interesting to say the least that Igbos are expected to thank Yorubas for not taking their properties after the war. One Nigeria my a$$.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Tripleclick(m): 4:01am On Dec 30, 2014
GEJisBOKO:
Biafra is real

starvation is real

kwashiorkor is real

ojuku is in hell

upon all this, igbos came back stronger and better,, we are not backward like ur useless tribe
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by princeandex: 4:04am On Dec 30, 2014

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Tripleclick(m): 4:05am On Dec 30, 2014
GEJisBOKO:
Igbos are greedy

igbos are cursed

igbos are Oguns meat

biafra is cursed

GENOCIDE II IS LOOMING
and in this century who looks been cursed?? Idiats ,, ur land keep drinkin bloods,, who is cursed this time round??
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by aresa: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2014
VirginFinder:

I object!

Joe Igbokwe has outlived his usefulness and should be thrown out as soon as possible!!

That was Joe Igbokwe's statement not Lagos APC.
He is on his own.

What's this got to do with my post and what the man said?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by azzima(m): 5:18am On Dec 30, 2014
olatunji21:

There u go.. they have start Chest beating again..
they have been cursed with empty chest beating. For the second time in 2 weeks, their own Joe igbokwe is warning them to be careful with their host but because they have been cursed with stubbornness, they will not listen until what happened in the north start. They need to understand that all the other states that surround logos are all yoruba states as well. When the slaughter starts, tHere won't be anywhere to hide. Ekenedili won't even drive out of lagos. IGBOS I BEG UNA TO LISTEN TO WORDS OF WISDOM UNTIL YOU DRIVE YOUR HOST AGAINST THE WALL.!!!. SATELLITE town and Alaba is nothing compared to communities controlled by our Obas and Baales all over lagos from epe, iru, ikeja etc. Even area boys are good enough to fumigated you Serpents.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by azzima(m): 5:31am On Dec 30, 2014
Aigbofa:

Maybe it is time to start voting only ultra conservative Yoruba candidates in Yorubaland. Akintola was right about ibos.
Sadauna of Sokoto was soooo on point about these ungrateful VERMINS too, many decades ago. Please check YouTube

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 30, 2014
Hehehehe, exactly what I thought! You are crying cos you fired your precious bullet at me and I ignored it, huh? Hehehe, you are a dull head! I can't argue with gra gra igbo just to reveal my tactic, you still not getting it ! You goat brain dude.
OneNaira6:

I gave you real stats from organizations including FBI and your ediotic sef gave me ranting.
You see why I said I'm yet to see the so called "sense" una attributed unaselves.

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by bayulll01(m): 5:57am On Dec 30, 2014
Calculia:
APC and Igbokwe are not getting out of this one that easy. The request of Ndiigbo are lawful and a fundamental aspect of human rights.

In the Nigeria constitution, it falls under "freedom to association,Freedom of Belief and Religion, Freedom of Opinion and Information, Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association and Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections.

Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?

This is the problem that was raised by the NCSN and must be address in the next dispensation of Government in Lagos. Lagos is a state and not a region, it is multi-ethnic and not homogeneous or solely yoruba and this multi-ethnic character must be reflected in the governance of the city state, for the sake of equity and all inclusive government.
I don't want to comment on the first thread cos I don't want to engage or be sentimental and tribalistic u see lagos has overgrown the threat of chanting war or sabotage and it will not coin in to cheap threat from ibo,only ungrateful human will chant lagos belong to nobody I will only advise u lot be careful of what u wish for cos when its happen u and ur next generation will never come out of it,no nation survive two civil war and if I may aSk the fact that london is full of immigrant from different country and the real British go their normal way did it make them a fool,see yorubas are Tolerant,welcoming!and easy going people but they are very dangerous when they want to,Don't take our meekness for stupidity,I work in one of the banks in alaba u will never hear them saying all these poo I see here on NL cos these are the lawful ibos that goes there normal way and do business everyday,when u buy a land in lagos just know that when the war u asked for break out,the real owner of the house still know the plaCe and they will be the first one to send u out,and when nigeria break,of which I pray to be sincere u lot will suffer for it,and precise ur population here is estimated to be 3.5 and no matter how many you people deluded yourself in believing you can never be more than the Yorubas,thank for enlightening us who you guys are really are.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by biggy4joe(m): 6:03am On Dec 30, 2014
Seriously I don't get this my igbo brothers,u want to run d day to day affairs in lagos?If a Yoruba Man comes to let me say Nnewi North were I come frm and decides to contest for the chairmanship position,he won't even be cleared for position coz they wil call him ONYE OFE,let's appreciate what we have now and try 2 dialogue for other positions.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Orunto: 6:11am On Dec 30, 2014
A new form of bokoharam invasion in Lagos and on Nairaland, isn't it? Take it easy anywhere you are Ndigbo!
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Mightymanna:
Igbola people should try this in the north
tribalist
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by bayulll01(m): 6:16am On Dec 30, 2014
Ikengawo:

I'm going to say this again, you don't thank someone for not stealing your home. Rivers State's entire generation will go to hell for it fine, but there's no reward for not stealing someone's home. Do you thank people on the street for not robbing you?
u are a pathetic useless mofo,ur ally closer to u did that to u,and yorubas return all ur property and here u are whim ping do u take yorubas for a fool,do u know u are toying with sounds minds,we don't boast I just pity the ibos that goes there normal way to do business cos when it happen I pray you ever comes out of it,and precise don't u know the distance between lagos and east,don't you know how many yoruba state u will pass through before u get to lagos,don't u know ur population is 3.5million out of over 20million in lagos,stop drumming a beat of war,ibos are many in the north can u say it there?Lagos is yoruba state Vote for Pdp,even the pdp gubernatorial is a yoruba son,and when thing goes out of hand he will support his own,go and ask Victor banjo

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by bayulll01(m): 6:21am On Dec 30, 2014
Ikengawo:

The agitation for Igbo representation in Lagos Government didn't begin today. It is something that has been with us since day one of Nigeria's creation. Awolowo introduced election annulment into Nigeria by blocking all the Igbo winners for Lagos seats (which were overwhelmingly high). That's where the bad blood between him and Azikiwe began. Awolowo couldn't stand that his 'yoruba' party was beaten by Zik's 'Igbo party'. So nobody is going to thank him for stealing our homes, especially when he stole our money (20 Pound Policy), and the seats we had won in the Lagos Parliament.

any proof or documentation to back that up,or just the usual arrogance and chest beating syndrome u all possess,see no matter how many u guys claim to be in lagos,u guys can never be more than the yorubas,u can see it for urself this is a festive season and more than 70$ of u are already in the east,did that stop lagos from running.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by OneNaira6: 6:26am On Dec 30, 2014
islandbreeze:
Hehehehe, exactly what I thought! You are crying cos you fired your precious bullet at me and I ignored it, huh? Hehehe, you are a dull head! I can't argue with gra gra igbo just to reveal my tactic, you still not getting it ! You goat brain dude.

See this m0ron with the braincell as small as a grain of sand talking about ignoring bullet. If you had half a sense you wouldn't even have commented or addressed my post; cause your own comment makes absolutely no sense you deluded buff00n. If you were ignoring my "precious bullet", your ignorant self wouldn't have spoken talkless of ask for it. All you did was show what a typical deluded m0ron you are just like the lazy, uneducated, illiterate tout of your people. You thought there was no actual real statistics showing the criminal tendencies of your crime ridden clan, sadly for you,efcc, fbi and cleen already helped show the real stats, not the BS you and your brother tell eachother in beer parlour and unable to defend yourself you resorted the the illiterate, backwards, clannish behavior known of your people. Next time, don't make a f00l of yourself by asking for something you couldn't defend. Now Goodnight or Good morning or whatever the it is over there in that useless waste of space you call a country.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by fx45(m): 6:29am On Dec 30, 2014
SilvanusII:

You may call Nigeria one country, but lets not decieve ourselves. Each state belong to its indigenes. Lagos belongs to LAGOSIANS.You cannot have seats in the House of Assembly. You can't be local government Councillors. You can only vote, you can't be elected into offices. Curb your greed biko.
Re-read this crap and listen to Urself all over again... Who exactly is a LAGOSIAN?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by rbjimoh: 6:42am On Dec 30, 2014
This Igbo people are insanely arrogant and dangerous trouble makers. Instead of being thankful to Yorubas for hosting you, you want them to give up their land. How many none Igbos can go to Anambra state and be allowed to prosper as Igbos are allowed in Lagos? Igbos are savagely greedy and have bad genes. It's no surprise that average Igbo men could sell their mother's head for money.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by upcrown2512(m): 7:16am On Dec 30, 2014
During my NYSC. I was posted to Ikorodu West where I saw our Igbo brothers and sisters as part of Senior staff (council manager office) for record. Though you contribute to Economic growth of Lagos state and beyond. One thing I don't expect is for our Igbo brothers to put their hands in the mouth of their host community.
I have just discovered that a Yoruba politician who has produced the leader who is better than he himself and has never decamp from one party to another, never take up any ministerial post, (Asiwaju)has become an instrument of attacks on several occasion.
Our brother should knew better that the worst of all WAR is not a religion,civil and political war. Rather its tribal war.
I have travelled far and wide. To East (Abia, Imo, Anambra and I School in ABU Zaria North. Hardly you mention a town on S/W that have not visited.
I can compared all the regions in Nigeria and I'll tell you what is obtainable.
I believed we need to dwell more in our potentials, be mutual and do the needful instead of attacking the leader of your host community. I saw as a collateral damage to the Yoruba's
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by rman: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Stop engaging him, you are way smarter than him with the way you have made him see the HYPOCRISY of what Igbos are asking for in Lagos.

All his reasons are applicable to many other states, so why only Lagos.

Ole ni won mehn
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 30, 2014
Your point? That's why failed to go for xmas even as rochas gave all ndigbo access to free bus home?
You can't afford to let your kids be trained in a typical igbo environment... Hmmm shame!!!!

Why then did you refuse to leave lagos?

You don't have origin? Hehehehe, Oponu Ayirada!
OneNaira6:

See this m0ron with the braincell as small as a grain of sand talking about ignoring bullet. If you had half a sense you wouldn't even have commented or addressed my post; cause your own comment makes absolutely no sense you deluded buff00n. If you were ignoring my "precious bullet", your ignorant self wouldn't have spoken talkless of ask for it. All you did was show what a typical deluded m0ron you are just like the lazy, uneducated, illiterate tout of your people. You thought there was no actual real statistics showing the criminal tendencies of your crime ridden clan, sadly for you,efcc, fbi and cleen already helped show the real stats, not the BS you and your brother tell eachother in beer parlour and unable to defend yourself you resorted the the illiterate, backwards, clannish behavior known of your people. Next time, don't make a f00l of yourself by asking for something you couldn't defend. Now Goodnight or Good morning or whatever the it is over there in that useless waste of space you call a country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Lagos Apc Governorship Candidate Sanwo Olu(photos) / APC Presidential Primary: Buhari, Northern Governors In Closed-Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.