Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue (25979 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Ndigbo Will Not Tolerate Further Marginalization In Nigeria – MASSOB / Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by jingh(f): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2014
echeprecious:

U are write, but in Nigeria u can't seperate tribalism frm politics.
maybe our mentality will change one day

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by elohorayodele: 8:02am On Dec 30, 2014
Ndigbo pls vote PDP massively in lagos and all over Nigeria. A coupist will never occupy Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by VirginFinder: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2014
eaglechild:

Ok
I can safely assume that it is a figment of your imagination.

Thanks.

Come on! It's not rocket science.

That's why we hold virtually all elective positions in the state including those said to be densely populated with ibos.

That's why the ibos are trying to blackmail APC into giving then slots having tried severally and failed woefully on the platform of other parties including PDP.

Nonsense!!
No chance for ibos in Lagos politics!!!
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Adeyinka12(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Ikengawo:
For the record

Lagos's original indigines were water dwelling peoples know are the Awori
It was first administered and ruled by the Bini Empire, the word Eko is from their language for war camp. In Yoruba it mean 'Learn' which makes no sense.
It was taken from them by the Oyo Empire
then it was taken from them by the Portugese
then taken from them by the british
then populated with returning slaves from Brazil and Sierra Leone
then after the Kirijiri Wars came a flood of Yorubas
then Igbos and Hausas
then it was merged into the Nigeria as the Lagos Protectorate which was a combination of the Western Colony, Eastern Colony, Northern Colony
then it became Nigeria's independent capital
then it's commercial capital

Lagos is as Yoruba as it is Bini, Awori, Portugese, and British.

This is why it's said to be a no man's land. The center of SW nigeria or western colony was Ibadan not Lagos. Yorubas were even bared at a time from entering Lagos because the British didn't want them to bring their conflicts from the Kirijiri Wars. While at one point of it's history lagos was a part of the Oyo empire, so where parts to Togo.

who told you all this false story, see o,that is why i don't like igbos ,later run they will be claming abuja as everybody lands ,warning to all igbos ,if you are hungry of political and land control,another planet is there for you free of charge.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by VirginFinder: 8:38am On Dec 30, 2014
aresa:

What's this got to do with my post and what the man said?

The said statement is NOT that of Lagos APC.
Rather, Joe Igbokwe, having drunk excess palm wine in the village, issued the useless statement.
He needs to be offloaded ASAP.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by SilvanusII(m): 8:44am On Dec 30, 2014
fx45:

Re-read this crap and listen to Urself all over again... Who exactly is a LAGOSIAN?

I laugh in Swahili. Because you 'LIVE' in Lagos, u 'think' u are a Lagosian You beta wake up n smell the burning bacon. The birth certificate I got from Somolu LG is just that. A certificate. Awon omo eko mo ara won. From the mainland to the riverine to Badagry. You...sorry, we are just (a) tenant.(s)

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Adeyinka12(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2014
highmood:
I don't understand this igbokwe of a man. Igbos are contributing to the economy of Lagos through their commercial activities and thier investments which are been taxed. So if the people decides to make a choice and vote someone else, is it a crime? Is it not a Yoruba man and even an indigene of Lagos will still be voted in? He should go with is threat and sentiments, the igbos have gone beyond such threat many years ago. My only pain atimes is against my igbo brothers who easily make their feelings public. Why not be calm and make your moves rather than voicing out your grievances. Silence has a powerful way of passing huge information.
calm and move where? Why don't you go to kano or sokoto for your useless calm and slatterd,if they are deciving you don't ever decive your self and mind you nigeria is a country not nation.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Kassidy90(m): 9:06am On Dec 30, 2014
what is the meaning of this? try it in north..
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2014
As a property agent I must say the truth, this is what a rural area in the East now look like below, the brown roofs are fast fading away, this people are fast moving ahead of other region even With the bad government in place.
Please let's stop this ugly trend of tribalsm and hatred and embrace fair competition that only will stir us to the desired nation we sort after.

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by wealthywiseman: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2014
berem:
After reading all these,where is the marginalization? Ndi Igbo group should please remind Jonathan to fulfil his promises to Igbos who massively voted for him in 2011. Our votes must not be insulted through decay of federal infrastructures in the southeast.

Must you make it so obvious that are an APC asslicker
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by inspbado(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
Honestly speaking, with demands like these and comments made by igbo people daily in Lagos, rational and liberal yorubas like me are having a rethink about accomodating the igbos in our homeland.I must say that I've come across quite a number of igbo individuals who are very arrogant and disdainful to the yorubas. I was forced to really get angry with one igbo dude in a bus when the guy told me to stop speaking in yoruba and "speak a language everyone understands". Can u imagine?! Telling me not to speak my language in my own home!!(I'm a bonafide ikorodu boy, who can trace his ancestral home down to the 10th generation down here). someone above in this thread as given a sound advice to the igbos in Lagos; you cannot hold my culture and way of life in disdain and expect me to accept you. Igbos need to integrate themselves into the way of life in Lagos to be fully accepted as a major stakeholder. A situation where you see yourself firstly as an igbo from aba, nnewi or enugu and still expect to be regarded as a full Lagosian doesn't cut it at all. Y'all are quick to run down to your villages anytime a census is conducted (case in point, an American sees himself as American before being African, Chinese or Mexican). My advice is, fully integrate yourself with the people and place, don't look down on them or their way of life and "every other thing shall be added on to you" wink I'm of the philosophy of "live and let live", but please don't take a man's peaceful nature for cowardice or stupidity, when you continue to goad and taunt us with all these clannish demands and boasts, rational and well-meaning yoruba folks would be forced to react irrationally. That's my one cent. Ps: that guy posting offensive pictures of starving children is a BIG FOOL and troll. The mods should ban the IDiot ASAP!

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by lekzitakins: 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
My igbo brothers...pls thread gently, dont start what you cant finish. A word is enough for the wise.
CaptainOjemba:
can u name one yolloba investment in Igbo land? Igbo investment is in billions of US Dollars, we contribute to the development of lagos so we deserve more than we are getting.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by lekzitakins: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
islandbreeze:

Sense pass power, that's what we are known for, we don't do gra gra! What a yoruba man will do dey him mind, lol. Thank God for internet, you wouldn't have known this.

Even nairaland was created by a Yoruba man (Seun). We Yoruba's don't brag unnecessarily.
You Ibo's shouldn't start enthic war in Lagos...It will consume you guys.
A word is enough for the wise,
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Adeyinka12:
who told you all this false story, see o,that is why i don't like igbos ,later run they will be claming abuja as everybody lands ,warning to all igbos ,if you are hungry of political and land control,another planet is there for you free of charge.
so the capital of nigeria isn't everybody's land? Jesus
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Adeyinka12(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ikengawo:
so the capital of nigeria isn't everybody's land? Jesus
before i answer your question,is nigeria a nation or country ?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by IgrigiMercenery: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
GEJisBOKO:
Osu ibo

you are going back to Biafra, the land of kwashiorkor and starvation.

Igbos are cursed

biafra is cursed

**grins** Segun Adewole, your mother's naked picture will soon appear here. You guys hate wearing shirts in your family even in 2014. **LOLS**
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
lekzitakins:
My igbo brothers...pls thread gently, dont start what you cant finish. A word is enough for the wise.
I never made a wrong or uncomplimentary statement, as violence you guys can bring it on.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
hinohsend:

If u tink u NT gettin wat u deserve...get d Bleep out
who is this ewu akpukpa nti
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
OROSUNBOLB:

Will you please stop this rubbish ! Take your multi billion dollar investment to the east please ,arrant nonsense. if you like ,you can give your votes to whoever you desire. But the fact still remains that you are not from Lagos and you can never change that. It's like you guys don't really like the peaceful ways you are conducting your businesses in Lagos. By the time you provoke certain elements and they decide to come after you and that your multi billion dollar businesses,you will learn how not to say trash again. Be proud of who you are and where you are from.
Is that all you can say? Do you know how many yollobas that are eating from those businesses? Do you know how many yolloba mechanics at ladipo? Do you know how many of your women selling pure water at alaba intl, trade fair complex? You want them to commit suicide?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
mipemi:

Who begged you Why don't u go develop ur lands D Yorubas r wise and smart that's why u see them developing "their own land" can't say the same for u guys...
who told you that we are not developing our land? Just ask innoson, geometric and masters energy etc
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by GEJisBOKO: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
IgrigiMercenery:

**grins** Segun Adewole, your mother's naked picture will soon appear here. You guys hate wearing shirts in your family even in 2014. **LOLS**
If i am Segun Adewole it shant be well with me, but if i am not Segun Adewole may your own mother not see the new year

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by IgrigiMercenery: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
GEJisBOKO:
If i am Segun Adewole it shant be well with me, but if i am not Segun Adewole may your own mother not see the new year

**grins** Segun, It's in your genes to lie even in the face of reality. We are sending you a bail of okrika soon. We need to clothe the Adewole family this new year **LOLS**
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by bayulll01(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
who told you that we are not developing our land? Just ask innoson, geometric and masters energy etc
u see I engage someone in this conversation in a commercial. Bus and the guy told me,we the yorubas are the one encouraging the ibos,he said when they said lagos is no mans land,don't argue with them because they are dullerd and if u argue with them u are as well a dull person,its makes me realize an average ibo are so proud and arrogant,a days is coming shaa

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by sam90s(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ikengawo:

I'm going to tell you again. There's nothing gracious about not stealing my home. If i run for my life and return to my home you can't tell me that you deserve thanks for not robbing me in my time of turmoil.

Ok it's not a gracious act, let's hear what you think it is, and please don't say normal, we all know normal is relative.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by GEJisBOKO: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
IgrigiMercenery:

**grins** Segun, It's in your genes to lie even in the face of reality. We are sending you a bail of okrika soon. We need to clothe the Adewole family this new year **LOLS**
Who is this Osu Ibo? Who released you from Okija shrine?

Btw, the imprecation about your mother not seeing the new year if i am not Segun Adewole still stands
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by IgrigiMercenery: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
GEJisBOKO:
Who is this Osu Ibo? Who released you from Okija shrine?

Btw, the imprecation about your mother not seeing the new year if i am not Segun Adewole still stands

**grins** #Choi!, #Chei!, #Chai!. Segun, I learn't all your english teachers went on strike to protest your family's love for na.k.ed.n.ess during your days in school. **LOLS**
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by akigbemaru: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Igbos and their demands.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by adebisicutie: 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
inspbado:
Honestly speaking, with demands like these and comments made by igbo people daily in Lagos, rational and liberal yorubas like me are having a rethink about accomodating the igbos in our homeland.I must say that I've come across quite a number of igbo individuals who are very arrogant and disdainful to the yorubas. I was forced to really get angry with one igbo dude in a bus when the guy told me to stop speaking in yoruba and "speak a language everyone understands". Can u imagine?! Telling me not to speak my language in my own home!!(I'm a bonafide ikorodu boy, who can trace his ancestral home down to the 10th generation down here). someone above in this thread as given a sound advice to the igbos in Lagos; you cannot hold my culture and way of life in disdain and expect me to accept you. Igbos need to integrate themselves into the way of life in Lagos to be fully accepted as a major stakeholder. A situation where you see yourself firstly as an igbo from aba, nnewi or enugu and still expect to be regarded as a full Lagosian doesn't cut it at all. Y'all are quick to run down to your villages anytime a census is conducted (case in point, an American sees himself as American before being African, Chinese or Mexican). My advice is, fully integrate yourself with the people and place, don't look down on them or their way of life and "every other thing shall be added on to you" wink I'm of the philosophy of "live and let live", but please don't take a man's peaceful nature for cowardice or stupidity, when you continue to goad and taunt us with all these clannish demands and boasts, rational and well-meaning yoruba folks would be forced to react irrationally. That's my one cent. Ps: that guy posting offensive pictures of starving children is a BIG FOOL and troll. The mods should ban the IDiot ASAP!

I had started feeling like you before but now I've realized that if we sink to their level then the devil would have succeeded. Let us as Yoruba people continue to be the accommodating people we are, let them call us cowards or whatever they wish. Yoruba land continues to develop because we are accomodating, God will surely reward us by continuing to bless our land.

Most of these guys who spew rubbish online do not represent the view of all Igbos and even if that is the view of a lot we must show we are the bigger people by raising above it. The people talking carelessly here should go and read about what happened in Rwanda . Careless talks like calling your hosts cowards and insulting them can lead to something terrible. Words have such a powerful effect, you keep taunting someone and you expect that it won't lead to anything. Let everyone here be careful of our words and actions, an insiteful message on radio lead to the deaths of so many people in Rwanda and up till now that Country has not recovered . If the Yorubas and Igbos have tribal war the whole of Nigeria will suffer and our grandchildren will rightly hold all of us responsible . A word is enough for the wise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
bayulll01:
u see I engage someone in this conversation in a commercial. Bus and the guy told me,we the yorubas are the one encouraging the ibos,he said when they said lagos is no mans land,don't argue with them because they are dullerd and if u argue with them u are as well a dull person,its makes me realize an average ibo are so proud and arrogant,a days is coming shaa
son bring it on, please you should be fast about it. Omo ale's
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Collynzo419: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
IgrigiMercenery:

**grins** #Choi!, #Chei!, #Chai!. Segun, I learn't all your english teachers went on strike to protest your family's love for na.k.ed.n.ess during your days in school. **LOLS**

Collynzo you are just a lunatic

grin

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by aurenflani: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
Calculia:
APC and Igbokwe are not getting out of this one that easy. The request of Ndiigbo are lawful and a fundamental aspect of human rights.

In the Nigeria constitution, it falls under "freedom to association,Freedom of Belief and Religion, Freedom of Opinion and Information, Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association and Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections.

Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?

This is the problem that was raised by the NCSN and must be address in the next dispensation of Government in Lagos. Lagos is a state and not a region, it is multi-ethnic and not homogeneous or solely yoruba and this multi-ethnic character must be reflected in the governance of the city state, for the sake of equity and all inclusive government.

If that is the case then you should know that the Hausa/Northern community is far more populous that the Igbo community in Lagos.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by laykhorn(m): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Calculia:
APC and Igbokwe are not getting out of this one that easy. The request of Ndiigbo are lawful and a fundamental aspect of human rights.

In the Nigeria constitution, it falls under "freedom to association,Freedom of Belief and Religion, Freedom of Opinion and Information, Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association and Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections.

Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?

This is the problem that was raised by the NCSN and must be address in the next dispensation of Government in Lagos. Lagos is a state and not a region, it is multi-ethnic and not homogeneous or solely yoruba and this multi-ethnic character must be reflected in the governance of the city state, for the sake of equity and all inclusive government.
[b]As much as I am not a tribalistic person and I believe we should see ourselves as Nigerians before any tribe, I have as many Igbo friends as Yorubas. But, Is it only Igbos that are non-yorubas in Lagos? Why are others not agitating? Would they have agitated if yorubas are as radical as hausas?
How many Yorubas hold political positions in the East? Do Igbos even sell land to Yorubas in the East?
You see, sometimes ago, I wanted to be duolingo and begged about 4 close Igbo friends who stay around to teach me the language. It didnt take a week before the Igbo community in my street called the boys to a meeting to stop it. This is a case that happened in Lagos which is poly-ethnic, in yorubaland and just one person. What if it was in the east? What if it involves a group of yorubas? There was also a case where they disapproved yorubas dating their daughters. I know a man down my street who gave out 3 of his four daughters to Igbo son-inlaws.
Yet they wont stop calling yorubas ngb.ati people, offenmanu and other names. Truth be told, Igbos may be good host- I've not been to the east, but theydont make good visitors.
I end by stating a yoruba adage that says 'eni to ba maa daso fun ni, ti orun re laa koko wo'
Translation: pesin wey promise to give you clothe, na d one wey dey him body you go first look'
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Sowore: Obi Unfit For Presidency, He Has Nothing To Show As Governor / FG Suspends N-Power Program Indefinitely, Begins Investigation / Court Orders Forfeiture Of N131m, Hotels, Houses Stolen From Ministry Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.