Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,709 members, 7,813,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? (27419 Views)

What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? / If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. / Should Christians Pay First Fruit Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by darepoju(m): 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
i want scriptures from the new testament.

u want quotations from new testaments... what's that supposed to mean ?... u re doubting the new Testament's contents or what.. ?
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Danabu(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
darepoju:
who's asking?
and why are you asking....? when that's what the bible said. check below pls

the bible said.....
Proverbs 3:9-10 - Honour the LORD with thy
substance, and with the first fruits of all thine
increase....

also...
Leviticus 23:10-14 - Speak unto the children
of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be
come into the land which I give unto you, and
shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall
bring a sheaf of the first fruits of your harvest
unto the priest..

also...
Exodus 34:26 - The first of the first fruits of thy
land thou shalt bring unto the house of the
LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in
his mother's milk.

"a sheaf" not all your harvest! Not all your January salary!! If you want to keep the law try to do all that is written in the laws or else you are cursed !!!
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
As for me..........Your payment of Tithe and Offering is dependent on ur believe and your spiritual understanding. I dont think any pastor would force you to pay any money....If GOD has blessed you and your spirit tells you to pay, .....Its for you to Obey or disobey ur own spirit...........If GOD has not blessed You and you feel you want to tie Something to GODS Blessing you, You can decide to do what you have not been doing before.

First fruit is dependent on ur belief and what you think..........If u start a new Job and you give all ur first Salary to ur Family to share( As some tradition believes) ...If u give then, what u simply doing is acting on tradition and belief..........So if u believe your first Salary is for GOD and you pay it in church...Thats between you and GOD and not anyone........After all, if you dont pay it, No pastor wil come ask them to sack you in your place of work.

My own is , do your own and leave the rest...........Why bother that one Pastor is using ur money to buy Jet......If you dont pay ur offering and Tithe anyways, GOD will still provide the Jet for Him.....So in my opinion, Your Tithe and Offering IS not tangible that you should feel its because of youR the church is existing.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
The first month salary is small,give the 12 months to ur pastors.Xtians should be wise,give that money to ur parents or to d needy and God will be happy.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by jamace(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
Sadly, today our religious houses have become the breeding ground of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by garyaustin(m): 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
First fruit is fraud!!!!! QED. Deuteronomy 14 verse 23 to end says; bring your first fruit to the house of God and EAT it there, you and your family. It went on to say you can remember the levites because they have NO INHERITANCE.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by popson1st: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
It is a scam
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
asodeboyede:

This is the end time and satan is not smiling, poised to take as many as possible! This OP is not an exception! Check this link

www.nairaland.com/2071234/jews-not-tithe-today#29474210
so u are happy seeing people going to hell. it seems u have already booked ur place in heaven since u are the most holy. let's see how it goes. u should have just keep shut.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Danabu(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
bolliejay:

Because no banker, accountant, lawyer then! They were all farmers

I beg to differ. There were tax collectors, treasurers, palace workers and guards, counselors,judges ,masons,jewelers, blacksmiths, goldsmiths, priests,prophets, carpenters and craftsmen who were not farmers. Pls reconcile yourself with this fact and apply CROPS to them.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by koikoi2(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
The issue of firstfruit is an old testament law.

Christ in d new testament is d firstfruit thereby paving d way for us as christians to present ourselves as firstfruit unto God.

Exodus 23:19
The first of the firstfruits of your ground you shall bring into the house of the Lord your God. You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk.

1Corinth 15:23
But each in his own rank and turn: Christ (the Messiah) [is] the firstfruits, then those who are Christ's [own will be resurrected] at His coming.

James 1:18
And it was of His own [free] will that He gave us birth [as sons] by [His] Word of Truth, so that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures [a sample of what He created to be consecrated to Himself].

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by MilitaryMinded(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
1st fruit my foot. Even before I stopped going to church, I stopped given any sort of offering what so ever. Better to given to the beggar on the street who REALLY needs to than to any church that is already milking hundreds of gullibles.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
QuiverBox:

Your Problem is not issue understanding the first Fruit giving. Your Spiritual DNA has been altered my teachings of materialistic Pastors, so it is difficult for you to know what is right or what is wrong. Your Religious ideology is now rooted in what the Pastors says.

From your Post " Old testament Practice" it implies according to you " New testament" is for Born Again.

Dude, You need a New Church!
show me scriptures that commands us to pay first fruits in the new testament. that's all. no long story.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by SunnyJ2: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
Daniel who was a government official and a prophet God, did not pay or collect first fruit in Babylon,
Estar became a queen and she did not pay first fruit, did you know why? because she is not in d land give to them by God. it was the favour God that placed them there. and the blessing of God is not for sell.
Again Joseph who was highly favour in Egypt do not pay first in first fruit. This first fruit instruction is only for the beneficiaries of the promise land and within the territary. Brethren u should study the scripture so that u will not be decieve. They are many fake pastors and prophet today. If you know what they are preaching to you is not in line with the scripture don't work with it. many people are recieving dyluted word of God into their life. the coming of Christ is unspecified. don't gamble ur life. those fake Prophet are more interested in your money not your salvation.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by coolegbo(m): 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
There are some topics some people should be mindful of posting, especially Christians, all in the name of getting into front page, you allow some ignorant people to make some comments that may be derogatory to God. If you know giving first fruit is biblical and the reward works...go ahead
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by tunde4top(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Smurfette:
Yes, Proverbs 3:9, honour the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your Crops.
why must a so called christian just pic and quote a verse from the bible without understanding the context ?. The verse was addressed to which set of people ?. The bible also says in the the old testament that, stone witch and fornicators to death. can u do that now ?. Will i go to hell, if i dont pay my first fruit or tithe ? (of cause no!). We give willingly in christ jesus ( autho of new testament)

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
The first fruit offering is based on faith.
Does Ur agreement with God include giving Him the total of Ur first salary as a sacrifice from the depth of Ur heart?

It is not compulsory.

It is optional. Optional to every Christian.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by QuiverBox(f): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
show me scriptures that commands us to pay first fruits in the new testament. that's all. no long story.

So your Life is all abt what is in the New/ Old Testament?

Upon say your moniker na " clevvermind"

Keep waiting for someone to show you new or old testament scripture

#Use your Head
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by akinwa1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
It's so funny when some christian claims a law is from the old or new testament. May I ask: which testament is not suppose to be obeyed?

Tithe, offerring like first fruits are optional, noone is compelled to pay.
You don't need to be a mathematician to prove that 100% is greater & better than 90%. But when you pay your tithe, there is a way God makes it better than keeping your tithe & makes the remaining 90% better than the 100%, it cannot be prooved mathematically but anyone faithfully paying tithes can attest to this.

1st fruit offerring is a divine commandment from God Himself
Exodus 13: 12 that you shall set apart to the Lord all that open the womb, that is, every firstborn that comes from an animal which you have; the males shall be the Lord’s. 13 But every firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb; and if you will not redeem it, then you shall break its neck. And all the firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem. 14 So it shall be, when your son asks you in time to come, saying, ‘What is this?’ that you shall say to him, ‘By strength of hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 15 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh was stubborn about letting us go, that the Lord killed all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man and the firstborn of beast. Therefore I sacrifice to the Lord all males that open the womb, but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.’ 16 It shall be as a sign on your hand and as frontlets between your eyes, for by strength of hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt.”;
Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; 10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.

It is a remembrance of God's mighty arm to save His children from bondages.

It is in 3 categories:
1- 1st fruit of increase Proverbs 3:9-10. In this case it is ur 1st ever salary (once & for all) & u pay d difference when there is an increment (eg u pay only 2000 when your salary increases from 25000 to 27000)

2. 1st fruit of sacrifice Gen 22:15-18. This may be your 1st income of d year if your faith can carry it, it is paid annually

3. Redemption of d male child that breaks d matrix of both man & animal (that is only if ur 1st born is male)
Exodus 13:13 But every firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb; and if you will not redeem it, then you shall break its neck. And all the firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem.

The male child is redeemed by a donation you pick personally

The benefits:
1. Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; 10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
Overflow- God promised that your presses will burst with new wines & your barns will be filled with plenty

2. Gen 25:15-18 - God promised that through your seed, the whole families of the earth shall be blessed

Note: Tithes brings expansion while 1st fruits brings explosion

Christians are not fools, if you pay your tithe or 1st fruit & you don't see any benefit, will you continue to pay? it will be stupid of you to continue. Those paying know what they benefit and that is the only reason they keep on paying. Some of us know what happens when we don't pay.
Again, no one is forced
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by asodeboyede(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
so u are happy seeing people going to hell. it seems u have already booked ur place in heaven since u are the most holy. let's see how it goes. u should have just keep shut.
And where did u see HELL in my quote?
You are not in any way empowered to tell me when to speak and when not!
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Kateykate(f): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
With the mouth, one is justified and with the same mouth one is condemned.. This is a new year, don't attract God's anger with the words from your mouth.. You mustn't comment on every thread. If you aren't sure of the answer, just be quiet, instead of raining abuses on God's servant and attracting God's judgement into your life. @Op, if you are not sure about payment of first fruit offering, why not ask a believer in your church for answers?
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by MadCow1: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
are u saying it is not biblical to pay it?

Biblical?!

Sure it is.. But it's a proverb not a commandment.

Proverbs 3:9..
…8It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones. 9Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce; 10So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine.…

But what about the 613 actual commandments plus some in the books of Exodus and Leviticus that your Pastors never talk about?

Isn't it interesting that first fruit is now a commandment for new generation churches when it is actually not a commandment but a proverb.

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by gabicon: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
I always did wonder why the father prosperity message Rev Kenneth hagin didn't write about first fruit in his books most especially the Midas touch, then I stumbled on one of his messages which he stated some facts about the subject one of which was us being careful about the old and new covenant for instance the subject of tithe was mentioned in the old testament and even Jesus said we out to give it (luke11:42) also it hebrews makes refrence to abraham giving tithe but the new testament is unusually quiet about first fruit as regards financial and material goods giving. Further more we are told to in the old testament to bring the first fruit to the priests, but we do not need a priest in the new testament as God has already made us kings and priest remembering that the duty of priest was to offer sacrifice to God for the people and convey their prayers to God, the new covenant has made us sit at home and pray to God directly.
The acts of the apostles outlines the activities of the early church and it talks about different forms of giving like sacrificial giving such as ananias and his wife did wrongly giving to the poor, offering etc.

The first born of an animal and a woman (exodus 22:29) was considered as first fruit and they were to be given unto the Lord and they could be redeem that is the first male child I pretty much have not seen any child being given as a first fruit, I wonder why we are selective as regards giving money but not first born son.

As Christians we need to study our bible and not be swayed by any doctrine my pastor gave me the insight into why I don't need to pay first fruit and I went to research further.
I do give first fruit not because I'm not informed enough to know that it is not an obligation but because I love God and I like to do something nice for him no matter how small it might be and also He loves a cheerful giver. My mentality while giving is that I'm giving to God and not my pastor and He will not forget my labour of love, but I also choose wisely as a farmer least I scatter my seeds on rocks, thongs, and the way side, Kingdom advancement, evangelism and rural mission are some of the best soils to sow ones resources as they bring light to darkness.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Mintayo(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yes if you want to. But it is Not mandatory. It is as you are led. Its takes a person of understanding to Give either tithe or first fruits.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by asodeboyede(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
You just just spoilt my mood!
Pls be careful and mindful of your words! Stop giving fake and deluded meanings to peoples word!
I won't hesitate to ignore if you quote me again!
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by SITS: 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
First fruit offering in the Old Testament was a foreshadow of Jesus who was to become and is every Christian's first fruit according to Paul's teachings in the New Testament. All forms of giving in the New Testament are based on freewill and proportionality (not legalism, coercion or trickery) as seen in 2 Corinthians chapters 8 and 9. Today, many church leaders spout lies to justify their selfish interests. There is a clarion call for every true believer in Christ to search the Scriptures like the Berean Christians in Acts 17:11 and not rely solely on the teachings of their spiritual leaders, no matter how highly esteemed they may be.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Pamcrest(f): 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
grin Thank God for our Catholic Priests.....they don't ask u for your full month's salary, under any guise. Even your tithe can be paid in cash or kind. My own bible even says the "FIRST of your first fruits", not everything oh!
My humble submission
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by MadCow1: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
gabicon:
I always did wonder why the father prosperity message Rev Kenneth hagin didn't write about first fruit in his books most especially the Midas touch, then I stumbled on one of his messages which he stated some facts about the subject one of which was us being careful about the old and new covenant for instance the subject of tithe was mentioned in the old testament and even Jesus said we out to give it (luke11:42) also it hebrews makes refrence to abraham giving tithe but the new testament is unusually quiet about first fruit as regards financial and material goods giving. Further more we are told to in the old testament to bring the first fruit to the priests, but we do not need a priest in the new testament as God has already made us kings and priest remembering that the duty of priest was to offer sacrifice to God for the people and convey their prayers to God, the new covenant has made us sit at home and pray to God directly.
The acts of the apostles outlines the activities of the early church and it talks about different forms of giving like sacrificial giving such as ananias and his wife did wrongly giving to the poor, offering etc.

The first born of an animal and a woman (exodus 22:29) was considered as first fruit and they were to be given unto the Lord and they could be redeem that is the first male child I pretty much have not seen any child being given as a first fruit, I wonder why we are selective as regards giving money but not first born son.

As Christians we need to study our bible and not be swayed by any doctrine my pastor gave me the insight into why I don't need to pay first fruit and I went to research further.
I do give first fruit not because I'm not informed enough to know that it is not an obligation but because I love God and I like to do something nice for him no matter how small it might be and also He loves a cheerful giver. My mentality while giving is that I'm giving to God and not my pastor and He will not forget my labour of love, but I also choose wisely as a farmer least I scatter my seeds on rocks, thongs, and the way side, Kingdom advancement, evangelism and rural mission are some of the best soils to sow ones resources as they bring light to darkness.

Abraham never paid tithe...
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Equiano: 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
Jesus is the end of the mosaic law. 1 cor 15:20 at jesus resurrection, he became the first of offering to God. God lays no specific requirement on offering. Mark 13:42. Remember what jesus said of d needy widow and haer offering.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by InHim4Him(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
Let these pastors lead by example by first giving their first sons as it is written, "all that opens the womb is mine".
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
QuiverBox:

#Use your Head
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
QuiverBox:

#Use your Head
what does my moniker have to do with this? pls let's end it here. i'm not paying. thank u.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by brocab: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
Could you explain, when you said: some of us know what happens when we don't pay? And then you said:, no one is forced.
akinwa1:
It's so funny when some christian claims a law is from the old or new testament. May I ask: which testament is not suppose to be obeyed?

Tithe, offerring like first fruits are optional, noone is compelled to pay.
You don't need to be a mathematician to prove that 100% is greater & better than 90%. But when you pay your tithe, there is a way God makes it better than keeping your tithe & makes the remaining 90% better than the 100%, it cannot be prooved mathematically but anyone faithfully paying tithes can attest to this.

1st fruit offerring is a divine commandment from God Himself
Exodus 13: 12 that you shall set apart to the Lord all that open the womb, that is, every firstborn that comes from an animal which you have; the males shall be the Lord’s. 13 But every firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb; and if you will not redeem it, then you shall break its neck. And all the firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem. 14 So it shall be, when your son asks you in time to come, saying, ‘What is this?’ that you shall say to him, ‘By strength of hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 15 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh was stubborn about letting us go, that the Lord killed all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man and the firstborn of beast. Therefore I sacrifice to the Lord all males that open the womb, but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.’ 16 It shall be as a sign on your hand and as frontlets between your eyes, for by strength of hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt.”;
Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; 10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.

It is a remembrance of God's mighty arm to save His children from bondages.

It is in 3 categories:
1- 1st fruit of increase Proverbs 3:9-10. In this case it is ur 1st ever salary (once & for all) & u pay d difference when there is an increment (eg u pay only 2000 when your salary increases from 25000 to 27000)

2. 1st fruit of sacrifice Gen 22:15-18. This may be your 1st income of d year if your faith can carry it, it is paid annually

3. Redemption of d male child that breaks d matrix of both man & animal (that is only if ur 1st born is male)
Exodus 13:13 But every firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb; and if you will not redeem it, then you shall break its neck. And all the firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem.

The male child is redeemed by a donation you pick personally

The benefits:
1. Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; 10 So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
Overflow- God promised that your presses will burst with new wines & your barns will be filled with plenty

2. Gen 25:15-18 - God promised that through your seed, the whole families of the earth shall be blessed

Note: Tithes brings expansion while 1st fruits brings explosion

Christians are not fools, if you pay your tithe or 1st fruit & you don't see any benefit, will you continue to pay? it will be stupid of you to continue. Those paying know what they benefit and that is the only reason they keep on paying. Some of us know what happens when we don't pay.
Again, no one is forced

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN / MURIC Rejects Bishop Kukah’s Almajiris Plan Of Training 10 Million Almajiris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.