Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

I'm Losing Faith In Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity (11173 Views)

HELP! I'm Losing Faith In The Existence Of God / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
theunusualmoon:

You said your 5 senses cannot detect or sense GOD and I am trying to let you know that there are so many things out there that your 5 senses cannot sense yet you believe and have faith in them. Aren't you aware of this?
Example
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Example
Hate,love,like dislike etc.....These are things you feel yet you cannot see or sense them.....It becomes more difficult when other people feel them for you.Infact there are people out there who you'll never sense they love or hate you, like or dislike you, until they show it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Hate,love,like dislike etc.....These are things you FEEL yet you cannot see or sense them.....It becomes more difficult when other people feel them for you.Infact there are people out there who you'll never sense they love or hate you, like or dislike you, until they show it.
lmao.. those are emotions.. hahahahahahahahhahaha funny guy cheesy
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao.. those are emotions.. hahahahahahahahhahaha funny guy cheesy
and so......Are you saying they don't exist because they are emotions?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
theunusualmoon:

and so......Are you saying they don't exist because they are emotions?
chai....
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
johnydon22:
chai....
So many things exist bro that your 5 senses cannot percieve and you believe them judiciously.......Believe GOD too.....GOD exists.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by honourhim: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

Is there anyone out there like me?

AJ_FIVE

Young man be of good courage. The stage you are now is what many of us have passed through. Some ended up being atheists and some of us came out being strongly convinced that we are on the right part with God, some also went into atheism and after some years discovered that they were deceiving themselves and came back to christianity or at least a belief in a creator as the case may be.

Surely the words of Christ about the last days are fulfilling, many more will leave Christ but make sure you are counted among the few that are chosen. May God help you.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
theunusualmoon:

So many things exist bro that your 5 senses cannot percieve and you believe them judiciously.......Believe GOD too.....GOD exists.
Yes God exist!
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Rossikk(m): 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
help me tell them oo, the Man is invincible but they spend almost all there time arguing about the same invincible Man.

So at your age you can't spell invisible? Many of you should be in a primary school classroom, not here displaying the nonsense you've been brainwashed with.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rossikk:

So at your age you can't spell invisible? Many of you should be in a primary school classroom, not here displaying the nonsense you've been brainwashed with.
'' MANY of you should be in A PRIMARY SCHOOL CLASSROOM''........

Mr Grammarian!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by davien(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

Is there anyone out there like me?

AJ_FIVE
As an ex christian I can understand the experience of gradually losing faith....especially when you are close to a field that requires evidence and not faith or wishful thinking....
I was like you....right now the fear of the possibility of a "god"(particularly yours) existing and a literal "hell" is keeping you in check..
So ask yourself what is more important,to find a way(even a way based on false information) to keep believing or to find out why a god you've been raised your entire life as the very essence of love can engineer a system of eternal torture and who is also regarded as omniscient to engineer a belief based on faith like all religions..
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by macof(m): 3:50am On Jan 06, 2015
christemmbassey:
don't look for religion in christianity, yes the bible contains a religion, its called 'Judaism' the religion of the Jews. Gal 1. Maybe u were practicf Judaism and thought it was christianity. Christianity is not a religion, its a new way of life dat Jesus gave us to live for God and humanity. Its simple, easy and meaningful.
Same old tricks and lies...
Christianity is a religion of the Bible, wat makes it different from judaism is it's inclusion of the new testament and absence of some core Jewish ethnic culture

Judaism itself can be argued as not a religion because it's an ethnic standard, ordinarily only Jews by ethnicity are Jews, like Hindus are Hindus(Hinduism)

Islam is pure Arabic culture sold to the world as "worshipping the creator"...such fraud

learn the history of christianity.@ajfive, you'll only find it's coning transitions from judaism to a new religion over the centuries past by Europeans especially with the catholic church, which happens to be christianity's biggest player

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by macof(m): 3:58am On Jan 06, 2015
Emusan:

I believe this increases the more join Nairaland so the truth of the matter is this, you're never a Christian but just Church goer.

Through out your life as a Christian, have you ever be baptized by the Holyspirit? I guess the answer will be no because if you are you will never doubt the existence of God.

"Wherefore I give you to understand, [size=14pt]that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."[/size] 1 Corin 12:3

It's better you regain your salvation by enter into serious prayer and get delivered.

And pls tell, what does a man have to do to be accepted as a Christian by u?
Cus even as an ex-Christian myself, ur talk of holy spirit disgust me as it shows ur weakened intelligence due to religious dogmatism

The muslims, hindus, African traditionalists, Chinese, Shintos(Japan), all lack ur holy spirit yet they have their own beliefs of what is holy and worship the creator in their way nonetheless...many of them live better lives than Christians, contribute far more to the world and live morally
What then can we benefit from ur invisible spirit that doesn't exist anywhere other than the pages of a book

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by macof(m): 3:59am On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

what other thing can your five senses not sense....
Or could it be that your five senses are only sterile when it comes to sensing GOD?

Your problem is you take "God" too seriously, so seriously that u are now dogmatic
But u fail to realize there's a difference between "God" and the creator

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by AmunRaOlodumare: 4:57am On Jan 06, 2015
macof:

The muslims, hindus, African traditionalists, Chinese, Shintos(Japan), all lack ur holy spirit yet they have their own beliefs of what is holy
You can add to the list other christian denominations like catholics, protestants, independent churches,...

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 7:34am On Jan 06, 2015
macof:

Your problem is you take "God" too seriously, so seriously that u are now dogmatic
But u fail to realize there's a difference between "God" and the creator
You are the first person to refer to me as a dogmatic person but that's ok.what's most important now is i´d like you to tell us the difference between GOD and the creator.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 7:34am On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Are you sure earth came about randomly?

No. But the evidence that I've seen points to a random event.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

All the good things you own presently were gotten as a result of hardwork.Non of them came randomly.you planned and worked towards achieving them.
I think the earth, with its features,was perfectly planned and cannot have come about by a random event.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by honourhim: 7:52am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

grin then you are still doing a guess work.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2015
macof:

And pls tell, what does a man have to do to be accepted as a Christian by u?
Cus even as an ex-Christian myself, ur talk of holy spirit disgust me as it shows ur weakened intelligence due to religious dogmatism

The muslims, hindus, African traditionalists, Chinese, Shintos(Japan), all lack ur holy spirit yet they have their own beliefs of what is holy and worship the creator in their way nonetheless...many of them live better lives than Christians, contribute far more to the world and live morally
What then can we benefit from ur invisible spirit that doesn't exist in where other than the pages of a book
it is because of the Jew lack of holiness that they can't meet the required of God righteousness even when they are to RELIGIOUS.it is because lack of holiness in the Jews that why whoever come close to the ark will die.

Although all believers possess the Holy
Spirit, who lives in them, not all
believers allow the indwelling Spirit to
affect their lives. We are commanded to
"be filled with the Holy Spirit." How are
we filled with the Spirit? Most important
is living within God's moral directives.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2015
honourhim:

Isn't almost everything guesswork?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

All the good things you own presently were gotten as a result of hardwork.Non of them came randomly.you planned and worked towards achieving them.
I think the earth, with its features,was perfectly planned and cannot have come about by a random event.

I absolutely do not think the earth is anywhere near perfect planned. Humans can only live on a small part of the earth's surface. There are many things which can kill us. The earth may only seem perfectly planned because we evolved in such a way that we fit into the earth's environment.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2015
honourhim:

Is the calculated distance between the earth and the sun a guess work?
Are you aware that if the earth was closer or farther from the sun as it is presently,life will not exist on earth.
Don't you think it was a delibrate attempt by someone or something for the earth to be positioned where it is?
It's not by random that life does not exist on the other planets......whatever set up earth with life forms has chosen to leave the other planets without life forms for now.
.......sorry this is not for you honourhim....I wanted to quote.onetrack

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

Isn't almost everything guesswork?
Are you aware that if the earth was closer or farther from the sun as it is presently,life will not exist on earth.
Don't you think it was a delibrate attempt by someone or something for the earth to be positioned where it is?
It's not by random that life does not exist on the other planets......whatever set up earth with life forms has chosen to leave the other planets without life forms for now.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

The distance from the sun to the earth actually varies. Besides, if there was an all-powerful god that wanted to create us then the distance from the sun to the earth is irrelevant, since he can create us under any conditions, right?

But you have it the other way around. The earth was not created for us to exist, we exist only because we developed in such a way that fits the earth. And there are billions of other planets out there, many of which could support life, and in fact they might.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

I absolutely do not think the earth is anywhere near perfect planned. Humans can only live on a small part of the earth's surface. There are many things which can kill us. The earth may only seem perfectly planned because we evolved in such a wIay that we fit into the earth's environment.
It may not be perfect but it is perfect enough for man to thrive.
Its just like buying a lego toy for an 8 yr old kid who builds and does fantastic things with it and a 2 yr old baby stumbles on it,starts playing with it and puts it in its mouth....
Lego toys choke babies.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

lolzzz... was actually just reading and laughing but i gat to talk in this one, you are wrong the earth's distance from the sun is not constant my bro... The earth reaches its closest point to the sun within a day or two of
January 4th (distance 147.1 million km). It reaches its greatest distance
on or about July 4th (152.1 million km). It is at its mean distance
(149.6 million km) around April 3rd and October 5th.
Summer in the northern hemisphere therefore coincides with the sun
at its greatest distance. I'm assuming you know that it's the tilt of the
earth's axis which causes the seasons. The distance of the sun has a
much smaller effect.
Gat to read more books bro!!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

The distance from the sun to the earth actually varies. Besides, if there was an all-powerful god that wanted to create us then the distance from the sun to the earth is irrelevant, since he can create us under any conditions, right?

But you have it the other way around. The earth was not created for us to exist, we exist only because we developed in such a way that fits the earth. And there are billions of other planets out there, many of which could support life, and in fact they might.
The concluding part of your comment has not been proven......As of now, only earth supports life efficiently and effortlessly.
Talking about the distance between earth and sun.Yes I know it varies but that doesn't affect the point I am trying to make which,ofcourse,I know you understand.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzzz... was actually just reading and laughing but i gat to talk in this one, you are wrong the earth's distance from the sun is not constant my bro... The earth reaches its closest point to the sun within a day or two of
January 4th (distance 147.1 million km). It reaches its greatest distance
on or about July 4th (152.1 million km). It is at its mean distance
(149.6 million km) around April 3rd and October 5th.
Summer in the northern hemisphere therefore coincides with the sun
at its greatest distance. I'm assuming you know that it's the tilt of the
earth's axis which causes the seasons. The distance of the sun has a
much smaller effect.
Gat to read more books bro!!!
........You quoted the wrong person.Read the thread well.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

........You quoted the wrong person.Read the thread well.
No i didnt... you are the one that think the distance of the sun from the earth is fixed that if it moves closer or farther like will be annihilated on earth... so i was to correct the notion and show you the distance is not fixed...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2015
johnydon22:

No i didnt... you are the one that think the distance of the sun from the earth is fixed that if it moves closer or farther like will be annihilated on earth... so i was to correct the notion and show you the distance is not fixed...
You don't understand me.Fixed in this sense does not mean it doesn't alternate.
I am saying its position gives it an edge over other planets when it comes to life forms.
Hate to chip this in but.....I understand the workings of the solar system perfectly....I know my onions but this is a forum where people with diverse disciplines visit...Its no point boring them with our technical jargons from phy 203 and 204(Yes! they are all still fresh in my mind).The most important thing is to pass the message across.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2015
macof:

Same old tricks and lies...
Christianity is a religion of the Bible, wat makes it different from judaism is it's inclusion of the old testament and absence of some core Jewish ethnic culture

Judaism itself can be argued as not a religion because it's an ethnic standard, ordinarily only Jews by ethnicity are Jews, like Hindus are Hindus(Hinduism)

Islam is pure Arabic culture sold to the world as "worshipping the creator"...such fraud

learn the history of christianity.@ajfive, you'll only find it's coning transitions from judaism to a new religion over the centuries past by Europeans especially with the catholic church, which happens to be christianity's biggest player

sorry I do not discus christianity with a non-christian. Reason, 4s clear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? / How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God / Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.