Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

I'm Losing Faith In Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity (11161 Views)

HELP! I'm Losing Faith In The Existence Of God / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by honourhim: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

Isn't almost everything guesswork?

I am not guessing that there is God. I am 100% sure that there is God. Likewise billions of others accross the universe are very sure.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2015
honourhim:

I am not guessing that there is God. I am 100% sure that there is God. Likewise billions of others accross the universe are very sure.
hahahahahahahaha nooo you are not my bro thats where the concept of faith comes in... smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2015
johnydon22:
chai....
Are you see the internet signal you are using to browse. When you type something in your phone and send it do you see, feel, hear or smell how that message transfer from your phone in enugu to my phone in Lagos. Yet you still continue to browse because you see the result of what you are doing.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by shdemidemi(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2015
christemmbassey:
sorry I do not discus christianity with a non-christian. Reason, 4s clear.

This should be a rule.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 11:20am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

No. But the evidence that I've seen points to a random event.
The evidence I have seen also point that it not a random event and God actually created the world.

So who is wrong?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

The distance from the sun to the earth actually varies. Besides, if there was an all-powerful god that wanted to create us then the distance from the sun to the earth is irrelevant, since he can create us under any conditions, right?

But you have it the other way around. The earth was not created for us to exist, we exist only because we developed in such a way that fits the earth. And there are billions of other planets out there, many of which could support life, and in fact they might.

The sun is presently detected to be circa 150,000,000km away from earth, yet they wanna claim there is no God because they cannot find Him...

When your measuring equipments can get close to a distance of 10km from the sun, then y'all can write a book on how there is no God, but until then, swerve aside and I am asking nicely smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:23am On Jan 06, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Are you see the internet signal you are using to browse. When you type something in your phone and send it do you see, feel, hear or smell how that message transfer from your phone in enugu to my phone in Lagos. Yet you still continue to browse because you see the result of what you are doing.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha funny example... grin grin grin wooow u are so smart!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2015
Hiswordxray:

The evidence I have seen also point that it not a random event and God actually created the world.

So who is wrong?
Ok good the question now boils down to... Which of the gods and why do you think it is that particular god and not the others??... it could be any of them u know?? So which of them did and why do you think so, why do you think it is that particular god and not the others? grin Options : El, Allah, Yhwh, zeus, osiris, odin, dagon, chomosh, shalem, baal, mithras, jupiter, amadioha, horus, saturnia, jesus...etc.
(i.e :Please no long post cus i wont read em all. its a simple question so all i desire from you is a simple answer)

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok good the question now boils down to... Which of the gods and why do you think it is that particular god and not the others??... it could be any of them u know?? So which of them did and why do you think so, why do you think it is that particular god and not the others? grin Options : El, Allah, Yhwh, zeus, osiris, odin, dagon, chomosh, shalem, baal, mithras, jupiter, amadioha, horus, saturnia, jesus...etc.
(i.e :Please no long post cus i wont read em all. its a simple question so all i desire from you is a simple answer)
Well, my God is the Almighty.
And if you don't believe then gather those who worship other God's and let have a contest to prove whose god is stronger.

Simple...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Well, my God is the Almighty.
And if you don't believe then gather those who worship other God's and let have a contest to prove whose god is stronger.

Simple...
no need gathering the other worshipers just me and u... i wish we all could meet up. we will place one stone at the edge of a table and u will start praying for the stone to fall of the table which is evidently a very simple task for god...i and others will just seat down and watch u and others pray for the stone to fall. we will stay as long as it takes for u to pray down the stone... How is that? grin Tho u did not answer my question on how you got to know urs is the almighty and not theirs but let me just leave that shaaa.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Weah96: 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

The sun is presently detected to be circa 150,000,000km away from earth, yet they wanna claim there is no God because they cannot find Him...

This sums up everything people need to know about God. The best commercial for atheism is to sit back and allow the Christians to open their mouths.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by ezehy: 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
we live normal Christianity life which is not want for us, he want us to live a life of power and anointing but no we leave it for d pastors nd keep complaining. I never read any place in d Bible dat God said that only d pastors should be anointed he said Mathew 28:18 all authority in heaven and on earth has been given into me. he gave it to us it was confirmed in Luke 10:19 imagine God d father, God d son, and God d holyghost is in man and mere boko haram kills us why because we lack knowledge only if we can believe we would do mighty things john 14:12 please study ur Bible nd know things
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by MightySparrow: 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pick up courage and gain your faith back!

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Judas2013: 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

Is there anyone out there like me?

AJ_FIVE

Planning to become a run away slave ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by macof(m): 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
christemmbassey:
sorry I do not discus christianity with a non-christian. Reason, 4s clear.

Because u are afraid of diving into certain areas..I understand
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by gbadexy(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

AJ_FIVE
l dont know much about the bible but i've read so many parts that l just couldnt relate with. more like its a jewish tribal god book.
l do have doubts on certain things in the Quran too but i've come to realise there is no perfect religion going by the way they are being preached and practice.
what i'm most certain about though is that we have a creator. its stupid trying to justify something came into being from nothing.
We cant breathe water but fishes do, petrol and water are both liquid but one extinguishes fire while another escalates it. so because humans cant live in extremely hot or cold planets doesnt mean creatures best suited for it cant survive there.
l wont even descend to debate on religion superiority. l will live and die a muslim but use the platform to worship my creator. l suggest you just know in your mind you are using whatever religion you found yourself born into to worship your creator only and be a good person.
Asking deep logical questions about religion would only confuse you.
The reason some intellectually deficit people wonder if there is a creator is because there is perfect order and sequence to all creature which makes it possible for man to understand the sequence and replicate or manipulate some of it. like our planet for instance, it was placed in a vacuum which enables it to be weightless in space and float with various earth fields or magnetic force preventing ocean water from falling out.
Organised religion only understands a small fraction of how awesome the creator is.
Dont bother nonentities in the scheme of things on their opinion of a creator existing. people get carried away and feel invincible when they have good health but all realise how insignificant and helpless we all are when afflicted with a terrible terminal sickness that wastes them away gradually. you will notice most if such people with carefree attitude allowing themselves to be taken to any church or mosque for prayers.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by ezehy: 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
we call our self sons of God and nothing to show for it why lack of knowledge God said IN Galatians 3:29 if ye are Christ's ye are Abraham seed and are heirs to his promise with dat understanding we don't supposed to be poor in life get it believe and u cannot be in poverty d Bible says king are walking and servants are riding on chariots we are kings on earth and we watch devil taking our blessing and we are calling God when he has already given us authority to bind them and cast then out Mathew 18:18 and Mathew 16:19 and mark 16:18-19 get it please and know d true meaning of salvation
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by ezehy: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
why would things work for you when u doubt God or when u think u can do it ur self I tell u. u have only 24 hours to decide now cause I can see devil standing to take ur life tomorrow within d next 24 hours so u better run to God's present now four hours prayers don't say I did not tell u d holyghost speaking
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by ezehy: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
demons, devils, witches they all fear me why because I carry d power and spirit of God. God is real

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
ezehy:
demons, devils, witches they all fear me why because I carry d power and spirit of God. God is real
Demons, devils and witches dont exist.... How can things that are abstract like demons, devils and witches help you prove ur god... smh...

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
ezehy:
why would things work for you when u doubt God or when u think u can do it ur self I tell u. u have only 24 hours to decide now cause I can see devil standing to take ur life tomorrow within d next 24 hours so u better run to God's present now four hours prayers don't say I did not tell u d holyghost speaking
hahahahahahahaha look at the type of nonsense someone is typing and says it proves his god exists... boy u are messed up. op we will be waiting for u to type tomorrow and show this motherfucker that u didnt pray neither did any devil take ur life... Devil that doesnt exist taking a life... what nonsense.
Bros please tell me the devil will take my life in next one hour i will be happy to accept that challange and show u how useless ur beliefs are... grin

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by davien(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahahahaha look at the type of nonsense someone is typing and says it proves his god exists... boy u are messed up. op we will be waiting for u to type tomorrow and show this motherfucker that u didnt pray neither did any devil take ur life... Devil that doesnt exist taking a life... what nonsense.
Bros please tell me the devil will take my life in next one hour i will be happy to accept that challange and show u how useless ur beliefs are... grin
lol cheesy I was warned I would die if I defaced a poster of chris okotie,I did and surprise surprise I'm still alive...
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by ezehy: 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
how there u blasphem against d holyghost I promise u d hardship dat will follow u will be greater than death I speak according to d understanding as a god on earth, as God honour my words what I have said so shall it be unless u repent.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Is the calculated distance between the earth and the sun a guess work?
Are you aware that if the earth was closer or farther from the sun as it is presently,life will not exist on earth.
Don't you think it was a delibrate attempt by someone or something for the earth to be positioned where it is?
It's not by random that life does not exist on the other planets......whatever set up earth with life forms has chosen to leave the other planets without life forms for now.
.......sorry this is not for you honourhim....I wanted to quote.onetrack

Given enough chances (in this case multiple billions of planets), there is a very good chance that some of them would have conditions to support life. This distance is not calculated nor was the earth necessarily placed by anyone.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
honourhim:

You are not 100% sure. I am not 100% sure that there is no god.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by theunusualmoon(m): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

Given enough chances (in this case multiple billions of planets), there is a very good chance that some of them would have conditions to support life. This distance is not calculated nor was the earth necessarily placed by anyone.
Multiple billions of planets(in relation to chance).....If I equate that into mathematics and analyse it with probability,I bet you know the result would be very very minute.
As of now this other planet you talk about does not exist so why bother?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
AjFive:

AJ_FIVE

I would advice you to talk to a well knowledgeable Christian (Christian apologists) I would recommend the teachings of Ravi Zacharias. Could be that there are satisfying (to you anyways) answers to your questions but, you've been asking the wrong people. Maybe the unanswered questions you've been having about your religion are not seriously deep enough to make somebody lose their faith. Maybe you are just over reacting. For example, I don't even know why you skip prayers or don't pray at all... Could be because you want to have sex with a girl but, your christian conscience is telling you not to so you want to get rid of it so you could do whatever the hell you want.

Take it from me, being an Atheist DOESN'T make life easier, DOESN'T answer questions. As a matter of fact, it makes life much more complicated. Because you would have to go into science, evolution etc. and even then you would have to take somebody else's word for it, as YOU yourself might not have the equipment or the capacity to verify scientific facts.

Atheists are "side choosers" Christians see themselves as "life savers." Please be a christian. So-called freedom is irrational. It's for the good of all mankind for humans think of themselves as NOT free. We all know that we are going to die some day but, see how we are treating one another. Imagine a world without religion... It's Chaos. Anywway, that's another story.

I lost my faith... I'm NEVER gonna get it back and you know what that made me? Undermined (I'm not regretting though, I got good reasons (I'd like to think anyway) for my apostasy). I'm gonna have to research till I die, as I have questions NOBODY have answers to. Save yourself that torment. Faith is a gift. You are contemplating means you haven't lost it totally, Please DON'T.

Good luck.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
If you have ever come across any of my posts against Christianity or religion in general, I am not contradicting myself, I just like religions to be treated as simply what they are based on... "FAITH" (unverified theories). When people start to call them facts... Then we'd have problems.

Cheers wink
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

You are not 100% sure. I am not 100% sure that there is no god.
How do you know he is not 100% sure?
Do you think everybody is as confused as you are?

let me ask you this question:
Are you 100%sure your mother exist? if so then I am 100% sure God exist.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Weah96:

This sums up everything people need to know about God. The best commercial for atheism is to sit back and allow the Christians to open their mouths.

I was an atheist who didn't come from a Christian home so was probably a worse skeptic than you...until I saw Jesus and God in the flesh a year ago...
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thsuperiorman:

I would advice you to talk to a well knowledgeable Christian (Christian apologists) I would recommend the teachings of Ravi Zacharias. Could be that there are satisfying (to you anyways) answers to your questions but, you've been asking the wrong people. Maybe the unanswered questions you've been having about your religion are not seriously deep enough to make somebody lose their faith. Maybe you are just over reacting. For example, I don't even know why you skip prayers or don't pray at all... Could be because you want to have sex with a girl but, your christian conscience is telling you not to so you want to get rid of it so you could do whatever the hell you want.

Take it from me, being an Atheist DOESN'T make life easier, DOESN'T answer questions. As a matter of fact, it makes life much more complicated. Because you would have to go into science, evolution etc. and even then you would have to take somebody else's word for it, as YOU yourself might not have the equipment or the capacity to verify scientific facts.

Atheists are "side choosers" Christians see themselves as "life savers." Please be a christian. So-called freedom is irrational. It's for the good of all mankind for humans think of themselves as NOT free. We all know that we are going to die some day but, see how we are treating one another. Imagine a world without religion... It's Chaos. Anywway, that's another story.

I lost my faith... I'm NEVER gonna get it back and you know what that made me? Undermined (I'm not regretting though, I got good reasons (I'd like to think anyway) for my apostasy). I'm gonna have to research till I die, as I have questions NOBODY have answers to. Save yourself that torment. Faith is a gift. You are contemplating means you haven't lost it totally, Please DON'T.

Good luck.
Are you an atheist?
Do you really believe you've lost your faith and you can't get it back? if so that a lie. You can get your faith back if you want to.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thsuperiorman:
If you have ever come across any of my posts against Christianity or religion in general, I am not contradicting myself, I just like religions to be treated as simply what they are based on... "FAITH" (unverified theories). When people start to call them facts... Then we'd have problems.

Cheers wink
Don't understand you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Karma, Does It Exist? / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.