Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

I'm Losing Faith In Christianity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity (11156 Views)

HELP! I'm Losing Faith In The Existence Of God / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Misogynist2014(m): 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
godsgift233:

20 facts to leave christianity

1. Christianity is based on fear
The fear of doing good, right?
2. Christianity preys on the innocent
Oh, I see.
3. Christianity is based on dishonesty
How?
4. Christianity is extremely egocentric
Hmm. Egocentric God came in human form and was born in the manger, OT said he was not desirable unlike an egocentric God that would wish to come handsome.
5. Christianity breeds arrogance, a
chosen-people mentality
The kingdom of God has been taken from the Jews unto gentiles, hope you meant Judaism?
6. Christianity breeds authoritarianism
How?
7. Christianity is cruel
How?
8. Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-
scientific
Woow! A lot of inventions e.g rocket science and space engineering won't have being successful if the founding fathers didn't have faith.
9. Christianity has a morbid,
unhealthy preoccupation with sex
How?
10. Christianity produces sexual misery
Explain
11. Christianity has an exceedingly
narrow, legalistic view of morality
Explain
12. Christianity encourages acceptance
of real evils while focusing on
imaginary evils
Imaginary evils? Explain.
13. Christianity depreciates the natural
world
Explain
14. Christianity models hierarchical,
authoritarian organization
Every organization must have an hierarchy to function well.
15. Christianity sanctions slavery
Explain
16. Christianity is misogynistic
Woow! Explain.
17. Christianity is homophobic
Go pock your brother.
18. The Bible is not a reliable guide to
Christ's teachings
Islam is.
19. The Bible is riddled with
contradictions
I know, so is your life.
20. Christianity borrowed its central
myths and ceremonies from other
ancient religions.
Everything foresaying the coming of Christ is in the Torah, OT, get one and read.
Answer under each point.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Prison walls indeed. I love your courage, its just that there is 100% probability of you going to hell. @op, try going through these websites: jesus-is-savior.com and answeringislam.org. One thing you have to ask your self is, Do I have proof that God doesn't exist? If you don't, stick to your faith cos its worth it.
lolz.. U sir are very funny.... Threatening a sober mind with hell is like a child threatening a grown up that fairies wont give them candy...

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Dekatron(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:

So many things exist bro that your 5 senses cannot percieve and you believe them judiciously.......Believe GOD too.....GOD exists.
our body can't detect alot,bt SCIENCE,THE ENEMY OF RELIGION, discovered,proved and built devices/process to detect them . . Figure it out,wadelse?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by honourhim: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

You are not 100% sure. I am not 100% sure that there is no god.

I am 100% very sure that there is God. You are not sure that there is no God. You can't speak for me bro.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
onetrack:

Yes my mother exists. I have seen her and interacted with her. I have not seen anything resembling a god. And neither have you.
Yes my God exist. I have seen Him and interacted with him. I have not seen anybody that resembling your mother. And neither have you.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin at where? am curious
you claimed Allah speak to you, at where?
Hypocrite
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thsuperiorman:

Don't worry about it... It was for the OP incase he read my first post
So you are just going to chicken out without a fight.
It's both sad and pitiful.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

See ehn, i'll advise you to try Islam. Truth is had it been i was born a xtian like you, i would be thinking same way you are currently. But trust me islam have answer to all your doubts

There's no truth in Islam. Sorry.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

See ehn, i'll advise you to try Islam. Truth is had it been i was born a xtian like you, i would be thinking same way you are currently. But trust me islam have answer to all your doubts
with all the lies and wickedness in the quran you are still saying this rubbish?

When you convert to Islam, you disconnected your self from Jesus Christ, when demon attack, the Muslims advice you to recite a chapter the funny this is that there prophey couldn't perform miracle.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Rilwayne001: 12:13am On Jan 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
you claimed Allah speak to you, at where?

yes, you cant understand spiritual things for you are spititually blind grin

Hypocrite

lol.

Do you even know the meaning of what you wrote? grin *umu
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by AmunRaOlodumare: 2:54am On Jan 07, 2015
christemmbassey:
sorry I do not discus christianity with a non-christian.
If everybody had your attitude, I think the world would be a better place. No forced conversions, no crusades, no islamisation, no proselytism, no christianisation, etc. A basic unsaid understanding that we're all diverse groups of people and individuals with a lot of similarities as well as differences.

A bit like the Jewish people (beside those who started the christian cult in Rome, of course) and judaism. Jewish/Judaic people got their own religion and don't bother anybody about it (although they forced converted their own people (Hebrew people) to the 'one and only true god' Yahveh). Still in general they don't bother other people about it.

Religious pluralism, like in most of everything else, is a fact of life. Even within Christianity and Islam where there's a lot of different denominations. Beside than as a personal choice, there's no one single religion/denomination that is better than all the others. Whether we talk about various christian denominations like Catholics, Protestants, Coptic, independant churches or other abrahamic religions such as islam and judaism as well as the various non-abrahamic religions around the world like African traditional, Shinto, Chinese, Native Americans, Ancient Greeks, etc. People in the past in general, before abrahamic religions, we're much less dogmatic and bigot about religions, spirituality and culture, that's why Africa and the world is composed of various ethnic groups with their own languages, history, culture, current trends, political structure, favorites food/dishes, etc.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 07, 2015
AmunRaOlodumare:
If everybody had your attitude, I think the world would be a better place. No forced conversions, no crusades, no islamisation, no proselytism, no christianisation, etc. A basic unsaid understanding that we're all diverse groups of people and individuals with a lot of similarities as well as differences.

A bit like the Jewish people (beside those who started the christian cult in Rome, of course) and judaism. Jewish/Judaic people got their own religion and don't bother anybody about it (although they forced converted their own people (Hebrew people) to the 'one and only true god' Yahveh). Still in general they don't bother other people about it.

Religious pluralism, like in most of everything else, is a fact of life. Even within Christianity and Islam where there's a lot of different denominations. Beside than as a personal choice, there's no one single religion/denomination that is better than all the others. Whether we talk about various christian denominations like Catholics, Protestants, Coptic, independant churches or other abrahamic religions such as islam and judaism as well as the various non-abrahamic religions around the world like African traditional, Shinto, Chinese, Native Americans, Ancient Greeks, etc. People in the past in general, before abrahamic religions, we're much less dogmatic and bigot about religions, spirituality and culture, that's why Africa and the world is composed of various ethnic groups with their own languages, history, culture, current trends, political structure, favorites food/dishes, etc.

I love this

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 07, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

Is there anyone out there like me?

AJ_FIVE
I have been in your position for a few years now. I used to be a Strong member of a chriataian fellowship but had so many unanswered questions in my mind. I just decided I will believe in God and that's all, no more religion.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
with all the lies and wickedness in the quran you are still saying this rubbish?

When you convert to Islam, you disconnected your self from Jesus Christ, when demon attack, the Muslims advice you to recite a chapter the funny this is that there prophey couldn't perform miracle.
the more you people criticize Islam baselessly, the more you make it attractive to people like me. Many Christians claim they are peaceful and yet attack other religions with propaganda. Criticize acts and not religion

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 5:53am On Jan 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:

yes, you cant understand spiritual things for you are spititually blind grin

lol.

Do you even know the meaning of what you wrote? grin *umu
this ''word'' were borrowed from the Christian, but you hard it with insult, am not surprise,what can we expect from a jihadist?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 6:00am On Jan 07, 2015
atmy:
the more you people criticize Islam baselessly, the more you make it attractive to people like me. Many Christians claim they are peaceful and yet attack other religions with propaganda. Criticize acts and not religion
if we don't speak the truth who will? The first word God said in the bible is ''let there be light'' the first word satan said in the bible ''has God said?'' From the beginning satan lied against God contradict the word of God, today satan is using Islam to contradicts the word of God, how on earth will God promises his children HELL? Can't you see the spiritual manipulation in Islam? I have a Muslim bargroung am from the north, today by his grace am a Christian.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by malvisguy212: 6:05am On Jan 07, 2015
AjFive:

There's no truth in Islam. Sorry.
God bless you, dust your feet and start again, it not to late, bible say ''a refining by fire'' allow God to direct your way.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by godsgift233: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Answer under each point.

jes name a point u ar interested in.

follow d link..

www.seesharppress.com/20reasons.html
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Misogynist2014(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2015
godsgift233:

jes name a point u ar interested in.
Are you sure God doesn't exist? I know my question is off point.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by godsgift233: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Are you sure God doesn't exist? I know my question is off point.

bro he doesn't.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Misogynist2014(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2015
godsgift233:

bro he doesn't.
The only criteria one must use to be an atheist is if he can prove God doesn't exist and not if he can't prove God exist, for if one chooses the later, he will have to follow through faith, making him a foöl for risking putting his life in eternal hell, where there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Are you prepared to take the risk? embarassed
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by ooman(m): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2015
DeevaB:
I will recommend these two movies 1. God's not dead (2014) 2. Left behind (2014). These two movies have helped and moved me a lot. Don't give up there is a God up there even sometimes when it seems he's not there or he can't hear. JustBelieve

God is not dead movie:
Radisson gives Josh twenty minutes at the end of the first three lecture sessions to argue that God exists. In the first two debates, Radisson has counter arguments for all of Josh's points. Josh's girlfriend Kara (Cassidy Gifford) tries to convince him to either drop out of class or follow Radisson's rules, fearing that standing up to Radisson will jeopardize their academic future, but she eventually breaks up with him when he refuses to disown his belief in God. Ultimately, it comes down to the third and final debate between Radisson and Josh, who again both make compelling points. Josh then halts his line of debate to pose a question to Radisson: "Why do you hate God?" After Josh repeats the question twice more, Radisson explodes in rage, confirming he hates God for his mother's death that left him alone despite his prayers. Josh then casually asks Radisson how he can hate someone that does not exist. In the end, Martin (Paul Kwo), a foreign exchange student whose father had encouraged him not to convert to Christianity so he can stay focused with the class, stands up and says "God's not dead." Almost the entire class follows Martin's lead, causing Radisson to leave the room in defeat.

This movie represents the atheist position so wrongly that it has been widely criticized. It assumes that people are atheists because something bad happened to them. Well guess what, something bad happen to everyone, so this movie is greatly flawed.

This movie is nothing more than christian flattery.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2015
Hiswordxray:

So you are just going to chicken out without a fight.
It's both sad and pitiful.

Swthrt, It was just a complementary post not a topic. Lol... How did it get you so excited?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 9:37am On Jan 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The only criteria one must use to be an atheist is if he can prove God doesn't exist and not if he can't prove God exist, for if one chooses the later, he will have to follow through faith, making him a foöl for risking putting his life in eternal hell, where there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Are you prepared to take the risk? embarassed
So u are a christian and u choose to believe god exist even tho their is no evidence, because someone told u if u do not believe the jewish deity he will burn u in hell for all eternity when u die and oh the jewish deity is very loving too but will burn u in hell forever for not believing...
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 07, 2015
atmy:
I have been in your position for a few years now. I used to be a Strong member of a chriataian fellowship but had so many unanswered questions in my mind. I just decided I will believe in God and that's all, no more religion.

That is fascinating. How did you pull it off. Religions created God. How did you believe in God and not be religious? I would be very interested to know.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Misogynist2014(m): 10:06am On Jan 07, 2015
johnydon22:

So u are a christian and u choose to believe god exist even tho their is no evidence, because someone told u if u do not believe the jewish deity he will burn u in hell for all eternity when u die and oh the jewish deity is very loving too but will burn u in hell forever for not believing...
With Elisha's Faith a bag of flour was sold for two shekels within 24hrs
With faith Jesus calmed the storm
With faith, the woman with the issue of blood was healed
With faith Abraham became the friend of God
With faith Noah became righteous, he listened to the word of God when he built the ark, flood came, many died, Noah and his family was saved, as it was then, so is it now. The fire of God is eternal fire Jude 1:7, God told Noah he was going to destroy the earth with fire, since the men in Noah's time died once and both soul and and body were destroyed Matthew 10:28, same will happen again, using fire.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 10:30am On Jan 07, 2015
frosbel:

That's Nigerian Christianity in action ! wink
bro its witchcrft.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
With Elisha's Faith a bag of flour was sold for two shekels within 24hrs
With faith Jesus calmed the storm
With faith, the woman with the issue of blood was healed
With faith Abraham became the friend of God
With faith Noah became righteous, he listened to the word of God when he built the ark, flood came, many died, Noah and his family was saved, as it was then, so is it now. The fire of God is eternal fire Jude 1:7, God told Noah he was going to destroy the earth with fire, since the men in Noah's time died once and both soul and and body were destroyed Matthew 10:28, same will happen again, using fire.
Hahahahahahaha and how did u know this... U dont you also believe them with faith cus the bible said so... hmmm seems very convinient grin... circular faith...
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by godsgift233: 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:

Religion is an infinite amount
of nonsense one can know about
nothing.

Am not taking any risk following the right path bro. the risk shud b not following the right path. like i said b4 understanding with d heart is not understanding, i cant follow or believe in sumtin because of emotion but rather i'd use logical and rationale analysis to verify what I want to believe.

When I was a kid I had an
imaginary friend and I used to
think that he went everywhere
with me, and that I could talk to
him and that he could hear me, and
that he could grant me wishes and
stuff. And then I grew up, and I
stopped going to church. Bro Believe nothing,
No matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own
reason
And your own common sense.

Now I''ll leave u to answer this quest.

Have all the clergymen, monks, friars,
ministers, priests, bishops, cardinals
and popes, from the day of
Pentecost to the last election, done
as much for human liberty as
Thomas Paine? — as much for
science as Charles Darwin?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by godsgift233: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:

Misogynist2014:

Religion is an infinite amount
of nonsense one can know about
nothing.

Am not taking any risk following the right path bro. the risk shud b not following the right path. like i said b4 understanding with d heart is not understanding, i cant follow or believe in sumtin because of emotion but rather i'd use logical and rationale analysis to verify what I want to believe.

When I was a kid I had an
imaginary friend and I used to
think that he went everywhere
with me, and that I could talk to
him and that he could hear me, and
that he could grant me wishes and
stuff. And then I grew up, and I
stopped going to church. Bro Believe nothing,
No matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own
reason
And your own common sense.

Now I''ll leave u to answer this quest.

Have all the clergymen, monks, friars,
ministers, priests, bishops, cardinals
and popes, from the day of
Pentecost to the last election, done
as much for human liberty as
Thomas Paine? — as much for
science as Charles Darwin?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by macof(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
theunusualmoon:

You are the first person to refer to me as a dogmatic person but that's ok.what's most important now is i´d like you to tell us the difference between GOD and the creator.

to put it simple...A God is anything you want it to be, anything worshipped, the worshipers describe it, that's why u can have 10 different people even of the same religion disagreeing on the nature of its God and it's principles
But the creator is far beyond individual perspective or dogmas, and should be let free of personalization...like the all wonderful creator belongs to you only, while u threaten people of other beliefs to ur fictional hell
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by macof(m): 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Emusan:

Accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour.

Obviously for a person to claim christianity he must have got this done already....this I did. now what makes you say I was never a Christian?

You think it shows my religious dogmatism, I will redirect the question to you now, have you ever been baptized by the Holyspirit during your Christian life?

If you've successfully answered my question then read this again "...that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost." 1 Corin 12:3
of course the answer is Yes, I was fully deep in the holy spirit but then I realized that the so called holy spirit is nothing but delusions

You think I'm weaken intelligently but compare this your statement with my purpose of bringing Holyspirit into my post.
I didn't talk about being HOLY through the HOLYSPIRIT but HOW you can prove the existence of God and accept Jesus as LORD and SAVIOUR through the HOLYSPIRIT. Grow up in wisdom man
good, so pls prove the existence of ur God

And do you also agree that Many Christians live better than them, contribute to the world and live morally far than them?
no, I do not agree
Speaking in general terms

If something doesn't exist what can you benefit from it?
you benefit nothing...which is exactly what you have benefited from the so called Holy Ghost

It's left for you whether Holyspirit exists only on the pages of a book or exists beyond what you read in a book about Him, the fact still remains the same people have encountered Holyspirit in reality in which I'm one them.

Shalom!

No! No!!, it's left to you to prove ur God using the holy spirit driven ideas u have cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / I Am Not Blaspheming / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.