Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

I'm Losing Faith In Christianity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity (11171 Views)

HELP! I'm Losing Faith In The Existence Of God / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by gbadexy(m): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

I was an atheist who didn't come from a Christian home so was probably a worse skeptic than you...until I saw Jesus and God in the flesh a year ago...
Are you serious. what religion were your parents practising initially.
could you enlighten me more about seeing both jesus snd God in flesh.
l wouldnt have thought twice of your post but for the fact that you appear a competent medical personnel. its even more curious since you wrote 5 mins from yabaleft on your page.
so i'm really curious about this your personal encounter with God in flesh.

l
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thsuperiorman:

I would advice you to talk to a well knowledgeable Christian (Christian apologists) I would recommend the teachings of Ravi Zacharias. Could be that there are satisfying (to you anyways) answers to your questions but, you've been asking the wrong people. Maybe the unanswered questions you've been having about your religion are not seriously deep enough to make somebody lose their faith. Maybe you are just over reacting. For example, I don't even know why you skip prayers or don't pray at all... Could be because you want to have sex with a girl but, your christian conscience is telling you not to so you want to get rid of it so you could do whatever the hell you want.

Take it from me, being an Atheist DOESN'T make life easier, DOESN'T answer questions. As a matter of fact, it makes life much more complicated. Because
[size=14pt]you would have to go into science, evolution etc. and even then you would have to take somebody else's word for it, as YOU yourself might not have the equipment or the capacity to verify scientific facts.[/size]

Atheists are "side choosers" Christians see themselves as "life savers." Please be a christian. So-called freedom is irrational. It's for the good of all mankind for humans think of themselves as NOT free. We all know that we are going to die some day but, see how we are treating one another. Imagine a world without religion... It's Chaos. Anywway, that's another story.

I lost my faith... I'm NEVER gonna get it back and you know what that made me? Undermined (I'm not regretting though, I got good reasons (I'd like to think anyway) for my apostasy). I'm gonna have to research till I die, as I have questions NOBODY have answers to. Save yourself that torment. Faith is a gift. You are contemplating means you haven't lost it totally, Please DON'T.

Good luck.

This is what baffles me. Y'all are ready to believe all 'em "Galileo said, Nostrademus said" junk, but starts throwing tantrums when we say "God says"...and it's worse with these former Christians
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
davien:
lol cheesy I was warned I would die if I defaced a poster of chris okotie,I did and surprise surprise I'm still alive...
Hahahahahahaha am still waitin for the guy to give me one hour to live... meanwhile we are still waiting for the op to die before tomorrow... chai smh...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

I was an atheist who didn't come from a Christian home so was probably a worse skeptic than you...until I saw Jesus and God in the flesh a year ago...
Hahahahaha this one says she saw god and jesus in the flesh a year ago... woooow did u take a selfie wif them? where did u see them and how did u know it was god and jesus u saw? grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

This is what baffles me. Y'all are ready to believe all 'em "Galileo said, Nostrademus said" junk, but starts throwing tantrums when we say "God says"...and it's worse with these former Christians
Because gelileo actually said and wrote and then died and was buried....

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by gbadexy(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

l can understand how some of them feel about religion when some parts do add up to them and they start questioning the whole as a result.
such reasoning is flawed. Science explains many phenomenom and uses the principles to invent things and cure ailments. They even go to space. but thats as far as my believe in science goes.
l dont believe in theory of evolution, big bang theory or speculations in age of the universe or black hole and worms. They appear far fetched to me and unrealistic. i'm sure those that question some parts of religious scriptures feel so too about some of the scientific theories of the universe but that doesnt mean the whole of science is faulty because we dont agree with some parts.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Rilwayne001: 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
ezehy:
demons, devils, witches they all fear me why because I carry d power and spirit of God. God is real

malviguys incarnate grin grin hehehe
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

Next time please don't abbreviate words on me, I find it hard to read all those nonsense you people chat with.

And Emm... Sorry, did I say I believed Galileo or Nastradamus? Did I even say anything about what I believe? I only said I lost my faith and what you highlighted in my post said "...the OP WOULD HAVE TO..." how did you manage to pull out all those conclusions from just that?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Rilwayne001: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

..until I saw Jesus and God in the flesh a year ago...

grin grin grin at where? am curious
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Don't understand you...

Don't worry about it... It was for the OP incase he read my first post
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Rilwayne001: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

Is there anyone out there like me?
AJ_FIVE

See ehn, i'll advise you to try Islam. Truth is had it been i was born a xtian like you, i would be thinking same way you are currently. But trust me islam have answer to all your doubts
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Are you an atheist?
Do you really believe you've lost your faith and you can't get it back? if so that a lie. You can get your faith back if you want to.

I appreciate your therapy intentions but, it's impossible... not until God fixes this dying earth tomorrow, show us all our passed on loved ones (that you don't really die, life is all just a gnikcuf simulation) and let us know that Hell was just a hoax, that it (God) was just gnikcuf with us all this while.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by onetrack(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hiswordxray:

How do you know he is not 100% sure?
Do you think everybody is as confused as you are?

let me ask you this question:
Are you 100%sure your mother exist? if so then I am 100% sure God exist.

Yes my mother exists. I have seen her and interacted with her. I have not seen anything resembling a god. And neither have you.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
gbadexy:

Are you serious. what religion were your parents practising initially.
could you enlighten me more about seeing both jesus snd God in flesh.
l wouldnt have thought twice of your post but for the fact that you appear a competent medical personnel. its even more curious since you wrote 5 mins from yabaleft on your page.
so i'm really curious about this your personal encounter with God in flesh.

l

Ouch what is wrong with those at yabaleft tongue KK, I am just a carefree very playful being with no serious bone in my body who is always laughing/clowning around...My folks are strong Ifa peeps...but it happened that God was trying to use me as some sort of vessel but I didn't take it seriously because like I said I wasn't a Christian...

I recently developed this strong precognition skills (which in Science field is classed under the highly credible Parapsychological phenomenon and has passed many meta-analysis) and started getting vivid dreams, visions, revelations, etc...although I was told it was there but had been suppressed by evil forces utilising dark energy... because prior to this I just used to get 3/4 dreams a year which always came to pass...so I was getting woken up from sleep every night with lots of vocal admonition to obey a certain will God assigned for me but would vehemently refuse and start going back and forth with God that no He created us with freewill and I refuse to tow the path He wants me to tow and will exercise my own right, that I need to be left to sleep in peace...I even had this "since you are my Heavenly Father, I like to disobey my earthly father sometimes so get used to this stubborn side of me God, and I would cheekily remind Him that afterall He kuku created me and my acid tongue too...

That's how one night I got yanked somewhere, found myself on God's back in a piggyback mode so I couldn't see His face, but I saw Jesus standing opposite God and stuck out my tongue at him and said "I fine pass you sef"...I heard both of them chuckle and a startled Jesus say "of course he is more handsome than I" and I responded "nah, I am finer because I was made in the image of God", then both of them laughed and I found myself in my bed again...the place had grey clouds everywhere and everywhere was a soft dusky grey and it looked like they were going to bed when I had that encounter

I was told by Pastors that that is an encounter people spend 21 days dry fasting to achieve...I woke up vowing to stop joking with everything and start taking life seriously so that next time such opportunity comes my way I will have serious lists of questions to ask both of them embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
ezehy:
how there u blasphem against d holyghost I promise u d hardship dat will follow u will be greater than death I speak according to d understanding as a god on earth, as God honour my words what I have said so shall it be unless u repent.
is this the gospel of Jesus?
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
where is the lady that said she saw god and jesus in the flesh please am still waiting for u to tell me how and where and how did u know it was them u saw and did u take a selfie with them? they were white dudes huh?? grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Emusan(m): 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
macof:

And pls tell, what does a man have to do to be accepted as a Christian by u?

Accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour.

Cus even as an ex-Christian myself, ur talk of holy spirit disgust me as it shows ur weakened intelligence due to religious dogmatism

You think it shows my religious dogmatism, I will redirect the question to you now, have you ever been baptized by the Holyspirit during your Christian life?

If you've successfully answered my question then read this again "...that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost." 1 Corin 12:3

The muslims, hindus, African traditionalists, Chinese, Shintos(Japan), all lack ur holy spirit yet they have their own beliefs of what is holy and worship the creator in their way nonetheless...

You think I'm weaken intelligently but compare this your statement with my purpose of bringing Holyspirit into my post.
I didn't talk about being HOLY through the HOLYSPIRIT but HOW you can prove the existence of God and accept Jesus as LORD and SAVIOUR through the HOLYSPIRIT. Grow up in wisdom man

many of them live better lives than Christians, contribute far more to the world and live morally

And do you also agree that Many Christians live better than them, contribute to the world and live morally far than them?

What then can we benefit from ur invisible spirit that doesn't exist anywhere other than the pages of a book

If something doesn't exist what can you benefit from it?

It's left for you whether Holyspirit exists only on the pages of a book or exists beyond what you read in a book about Him, the fact still remains the same people have encountered Holyspirit in reality in which I'm one them.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by gbadexy(m): 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

Ouch what is wrong with those at yabaleft tongue KK, I am just a carefree very playful being with no serious bone in my body who is always laughing/clowning around...My folks are strong Ifa peeps...but it happened that God was trying to use me as some sort of vessel but I didn't take it seriously because like I said I wasn't a Christian...

I recently developed this strong precognition skills (which in Science field is classed under the highly credible Parapsychological phenomenon and has passed many meta-analysis) and started getting vivid dreams, visions, revelations, etc...although I was told it was there but had been suppressed by evil forces utilising dark energy... because prior to this I just used to get 3/4 dreams a year which always came to pass...so I was getting woken up from sleep every night with lots of vocal admonition to obey a certain will God assigned for me but would vehemently refuse and start going back and forth with God that no He created us with freewill and I refuse to tow the path He wants me to tow and will exercise my own right, that I need to be left to sleep in peace...I even had this "since you are my Heavenly Father, I like to disobey my earthly father sometimes so get used to this stubborn side of me God, and I would cheekily remind Him that afterall He kuku created me and my acid tongue too...

That's how one night I got yanked somewhere, found myself on God's back in a piggyback mode so I couldn't see His face, but I saw Jesus standing opposite God and stuck out my tongue at him and said "I fine pass you sef"...I heard both of them chuckle and a startled Jesus say "of course he is more handsome than I" and I responded "nah, I am finer because I was made in the image of God", then both of them laughed and I found myself in my bed again...the place had grey clouds everywhere and everywhere was a soft dusky grey and it looked like they were going to bed when I had that encounter

I was told by Pastors that that is an encounter people spend 21 days dry fasting to achieve...I woke up vowing to stop joking with everything and start taking life seriously so that next time such opportunity comes my way I will have serious lists of questions to ask both of them embarassed embarassed embarassed
l will just save this post somewhere and try to digest it better. i'm a bit lost now.
can l pm you though.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
gbadexy:

l can understand how some of them feel about religion when some parts do add up to them and they start questioning the whole as a result.
such reasoning is flawed. Science explains many phenomenom and uses the principles to invent things and cure ailments. They even go to space. but thats as far as my believe in science goes.
l dont believe in theory of evolution, big bang theory or speculations in age of the universe or black hole and worms. They appear far fetched to me and unrealistic. i'm sure those that question some parts of religious scriptures feel so too about some of the scientific theories of the universe but that doesnt mean the whole of science is faulty because we dont agree with some parts.

I am a baby Christian and even only yesterday learnt the meaning of LENT, it was Christmas that I asked what people go to Church to do on Christmas eve, etc, so I understand where they are coming from with the whole disillusion with mankind/religion. That's why I am very very patient with all these Nairaland Christians turned atheists because even though they are trying to discredit God, they have a special way of teaching new Christians like me what I don't know about the Bible/word of God and opening my eyes to know more about God...

And if not for my encounter and what i have witnessed about the power of God in the last one year, I would be a skeptic too...but I now know how powerful that name JESUS CHRIST is, and I know what calling on the name has done and can do, so I can never ever discredit God or Jesus again.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
gbadexy:

l will just save this post somewhere and try to digest it better. i'm a bit lost now.
can l pm you though.

Sure you can shoot me an email.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thsuperiorman:

Next time please don't abbreviate words on me, I find it hard to read all those nonsense you people chat with.

And Emm... Sorry, did I say I believed Galileo or Nastradamus? Did I even say anything about what I believe? I only said I lost my faith and what you highlighted in my post said "...the OP WOULD HAVE TO..." how did you manage to pull out all those conclusions from just that?

I didn't abbreviate your post Sir, I only highlighted a certain part for the likes of the OP and Johnydon22, and as you can see he has responded like the scoffer that he is.

johnydon22:

Because gelileo actually said and wrote and then died and was buried....

Smh
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin at where? am curious

johnydon22:
where is the lady that said she saw god and jesus in the flesh please am still waiting for u to tell me how and where and how did u know it was them u saw and did u take a selfie with them? they were white dudes huh?? grin

Have posted.

Yes they are whitish in complexion but we have all been adopted as sons of God so skin colour is no longer relevant. In Him their is neither jew nor gentile, male or female, slaves or...
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

Have posted.

Yes they are whitish in complexion but we have all been adopted as sons of God so skin colour is no longer relevant. In Him their is neither jew nor gentile, male or female, slaves or...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha chisooooooos This is priceless.... am loving this lady.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha now this is serious... even the Christians will be laughing at this.. the place weh sweet me pass is that place that u were dragging with jesus who gat more finer looks... chai... their is nothing one will not see in nairaland religion section ooo cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
christemmbassey:
is this the gospel of Jesus?

That's Nigerian Christianity in action ! wink
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha chisooooooos This is priceless.... am loving this lady.. grin grin

You are in the Spirit Bruv grin

Love indeed is the greatest commandment in the Bible. We are commanded to love God, then love our neighbours as ourselves wink So don't worry, you would not die as my Christian brother testified in haste, but rather you would live to proclaim the name and marvellous works of our Almighty God cheesy
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

You are in the Spirit Bruv grin

Love indeed is the greatest commandment in the Bible. We are commanded to love God, then love our neighbours as ourselves wink So don't worry, you would not die as my Christian brother testified in haste, but rather you would live to proclaim the name and marvellous works of our Almighty God cheesy
hahahahahahahahaha cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Busybody2(f): 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha now this is serious... even the Christians will be laughing at this.. the place weh sweet me pass is that place that u were dragging with jesus who gat more finer looks... chai... their is nothing one will not see in nairaland religion section ooo cheesy cheesy

Take note, na here you and I go dey when you will start preaching on this section...I understand your worries, you are probably an empath and a laugh-a-minute person like me who just wants world peace and joy all round, but trust God when He says soon we will all be changed in a moment and all the evils of the world would be forgotten and their would be no more pain and suffering...and always remember when you call in Jesus, all things are possible It is well Brethren wink
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busybody2:

Take note, na here you and I go dey when you will start preaching on this section...I understand your worries, you are probably an empath and a laugh-a-minute person like me who just wants world peace and joy all round, but trust God when He says soon we will all be changed in a moment and all the evils of the world would be forgotten and their would be no more pain and suffering...and always remember when you call in Jesus, all things are possible It is well Brethren wink

Lol.. Dont i just love ur confidence...grin..So u are a humanist??
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by godsgift233: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
AjFive:
I skip prayers, I don't pray at all. I've got so many doubts, I'm starting to doubt the existence of God. Is the Bible truly the word of God... So many questions.

Is there anyone out there like me?

AJ_FIVE

20 facts to leave christianity

1. Christianity is based on fear
2. Christianity preys on the innocent
3. Christianity is based on dishonesty
4. Christianity is extremely egocentric
5. Christianity breeds arrogance, a
chosen-people mentality
6. Christianity breeds authoritarianism
7. Christianity is cruel
8. Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-
scientific
9. Christianity has a morbid,
unhealthy preoccupation with sex
10. Christianity produces sexual misery
11. Christianity has an exceedingly
narrow, legalistic view of morality
12. Christianity encourages acceptance
of real evils while focusing on
imaginary evils
13. Christianity depreciates the natural
world
14. Christianity models hierarchical,
authoritarian organization
15. Christianity sanctions slavery
16. Christianity is misogynistic
17. Christianity is homophobic
18. The Bible is not a reliable guide to
Christ's teachings
19. The Bible is riddled with
contradictions
20. Christianity borrowed its central
myths and ceremonies from other
ancient religions.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
Busyboody2 I didn't say you abbreviated my post, I meant stop using abbreviation when commenting on my post. It gets hard for me understand some things.
Re: I'm Losing Faith In Christianity by Misogynist2014(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
ifeness:

It takes an intelligent person to escape the prison walls of Yahweh. You are trying to escape,I wish you well tho.
Prison walls indeed. I love your courage, its just that there is 100% probability of you going to hell. @op, try going through these websites: jesus-is-savior.com and answeringislam.org. One thing you have to ask your self is, Do I have proof that God doesn't exist? If you don't, stick to your faith cos its worth it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? / How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.