Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (83052 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
SwagForce1:
And yet I have seen Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers got married from all these cultural groups.
Yes they became Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers after paying the huge bride price.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
When will I see " cheapest culture to marry from make una dey give guys hope......

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
CFCfan:

Some posts here are truly sickening. Well, it's all based on Nigerian cultural practices, so I don't really blame them for thinking along those lines.
hey jigaboo,what's sickening about my post made out of apical sincerity. undecided undecided
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
legendsilver:
I dey madt to marry igbo lady? If all men can reason well and leave these ibo ladies till age 35-40, I swear na them go dey beg for marriage, nonsense.
No wonder them plenty for "I must marry programs inside church".
Lmao
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by sonnie10: 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
SwagForce1:
And yet I have seen Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers got married from all these cultural groups.

Like begets like
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ProfyJay(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
apc are party of thugs,jihadist,mafia and rejected pdp
cabals,frm d onset i knew apc are desperate 4 power
if u guys are nt mindfull of this party nigeria go enter
one chance,bcus they knew they are bond to failure i
said it dt they is no smoke wtout fire apc are up to
smtn,hmm our vote is 4 gej,formally i hate pdp wt my
last breath bt d party has manage to flush sm bad
eggs out to apc dt bring me into dt party ,gej is still d
most credible man 4 dt post.
How is this related to the topic ? undecided
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by omotollha: 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mbaise is worst... And dey dnt av anythg in their village ooooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Only few men stil pay xpnsv bride prize.
I will impregnate d gal and d family wil come begging me to marrry her .
Xpnsv bride prize indeed

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by danielgod(m): 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
But I don't know why the list does not contain the tribes in Rivers state like: kalabari, Okrika, Bille, etc that make demands like buying boxes full of expensive clothing materials and a host of other things.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Urine: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
Isn't there a law that pegs the bride price in Imo State @ 10 thousand naira?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by chigoizie7(m): 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Why ddnt I see anambra there? Well, we are not expensive, from where I come from, dem still de pay with cowrie wey never even reach naira sef.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by onyeogalu1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
legendsilver:

Sorry o! Is that why u haven't gotten married yet? Ur DP tells how old you are.

Guy easy now
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ucheheart(m): 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Marrying a wife from igbo land is generally expensive. As for the ngwa people, they used to eat ppl before(cannibalism), so since they were forced to stop eating ppl they started eating money, hence the demand for a huge sum of money for marriage.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by jbaby265(f): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
proud to be an igbo lady..
#singing ada ada#

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
I go pay so far na me go disvirgin am, without that I go carry my money go invest.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by buchilino(m): 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
datguru:
Igbo in general is damn expensive

if u dont like them then ignore them simple sad

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Swiftlee(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
natureblack:
such baloney boils-down to individual differences....

A lady in her late-thirty won't allow her dad play such God-forbid kind of game......even a lady heartily in love is not left out of my assertion.
Sir, this culture dont respect individual differences to some extent. The only thing a dad can do for her daughter is to reduce the price in fact nothing like love when bargaining bride price. If you are not capable, go and borrow. Thats how they role..ask any one you meet from there to confirm this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by adedayourt(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:
i never heard of some of those tribes

Na one day person dey 1st hear somtin tongue
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
When it's not dat they are selling them undecided
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by joeyekembele: 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
It' beats my imagination how the culture and tradition were set. It discourages a whole lot of Us to think of marrying from home in this generation. I would rather seek a good lady from elsewhere than to save all my earnings for marriage at home. Afterall, what's the big deal about marrying and igbo lady?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Zeusd3(m): 7:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
i dnt tink ogoja is d truth... am currently serving in ogoja... n i can tell u dat jst 1 dry gin go gv u 2 wives here.... ogoja expensive lies
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Anderworiwo: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
Some ladies are being bought and not married. That's why they die in silence under the control of their husbands.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean

must everything be monetized in IBO. is human being sellable. d bride price is not intended for d bride's purchase. una own too much. dis is d same thing am arguing with my friends right here

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
offspec:
Yes they became Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers after paying the huge bride price.
hilarious

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by yomanovic: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean

God's luv, the greatest of all things is expensive yet very free! Why ibo girls? Abegii!!!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nten: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
Op i dont know were you got that your information from. You dont go into hasty generalisation in other for you to ascertain your disposition. There are a thousand and one tribes in Ogoja LGA with different languages and i bet you they have one of the cheapest marriage structure. Mention the tribe in question that has that expensive marriage list and not the major towns in the LGA you are listing and i will tell you you goofed. I didnt even see the major town in the list you mentioned . How would you just say the Ogoja people, wonderful!
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Ruffychuks: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
cheap articles attract many buyers. cheap gals attract so many dicks

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ogaprime(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:

So what if its a lady that has been used and dumped several times, she is still expensive abi??

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by corneremperor: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
englishmart:
female children are like investments to them.
No wonder my mbaise neighbour frowns each time his wife delivers a male child.

If you want to marry from mbaise and you are a poor man, just impregnate her first. Her bride price will fall by 60%

Well, I don't blame them. Their girls are very beautiful and intelligent.

Onye n'enweghi ego o n'eri ofe owerri?
Mbanu grin

My broda, abeg can you translate the last part, cos na owerri girl i wan marry o and i need to know what that meant
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by yomanovic: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
apc are party of thugs,jihadist,mafia and rejected pdp
cabals,frm d onset i knew apc are desperate 4 power
if u guys are nt mindfull of this party nigeria go enter
one chance,bcus they knew they are bond to failure i
said it dt they is no smoke wtout fire apc are up to
smtn,hmm our vote is 4 gej,formally i hate pdp wt my
last breath bt d party has manage to flush sm bad
eggs out to apc dt bring me into dt party ,gej is still d
most credible man 4 dt post.

Bro, u posting this shitty comment here shows ur trully a PDP.

By the way the country is, we never dey for inside one chance!
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
Anderworiwo:
Some ladies are being bought and not married. That's why they die in silence under the control of their husbands.
Exactly. After spending N1 million on the rites, the lady's parents would be more inclined to encourage their daughter to 'manage' the situation.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by dtina(f): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Dat of mbano is a fat lie#u don't build any haus 4 ur inlaws as marriage rites#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.